EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
AnNiTA

Loremaster
AnNiTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 17
Default

so..ive been playin the game sence launch..day 1..and truly loved it..this commin from a huge FPS player(and i swore to my old roomate that ide never play a game with faries and dwarfs...low and behold i was hooked..)then came pvp and a great game got even better, and now we have what we have now. dont get me wrong i love the core game still jus makes me sad to see the state of neglect we have gone thru and are currently dealing with, goin on Years of no support...SO my main question is Why the Heck would any of us Go and play eqnext with the current treatment to the playerbase and the complete lack of support.. i cant even begin to tell you how many huge bugs that are still in the game, and we dont even need to talk about items we all know thats jus so far messed up i dont think they will ever get it fixed. so History repets itself and im sure eqnext will follow the soe business plan...do people really want to build there toons up for 7-8 years jus to have them left to die with the dwindling pops..plz give us some sort of hope

AnNiTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster
CoLD MeTaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,217
Default

I won't play anything else $OE, but this time waster is still wasting time at a good dollar per unit rate.  Cheapest entertainment I have found.

Slot-mania is a bit more fun right now though.

i finally just gve up on the role playing aspect, and now play it like pacaman or galaga, just go by the numbers and where the numbers dictate.  It's so cold that way, but any other way is just frustrating.

__________________


CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
AnNiTA

Loremaster
AnNiTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 17
Default

Would REALLY like to hear something from a DEV....or should i jus expect to be ingored like all the rest ...ps what do you the Player base feel...will you be tryin eqnext ..or should we expect what happened to Starwars take place here to?

AnNiTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
shots01

Lord
shots01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 452
Default

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

I won't play anything else $OE, but this time waster is still wasting time at a good dollar per unit rate.  Cheapest entertainment I have found.

Slot-mania is a bit more fun right now though.

i finally just gve up on the role playing aspect, and now play it like pacaman or galaga, just go by the numbers and where the numbers dictate.  It's so cold that way, but any other way is just frustrating.

Out of curiosity, what role playing aspect? You mean with other people?  I have never roleplayed.

I play alone for the most part.  I don't find it cold.  Lonely maybe, but not cold.  I managed to get my monk to 90 mostly by my self.  I had a few levels of help from a friend or 2.  But I am back to being on my own again for the hunt for 280 AAs LOL.  I have 219 and a half.  SMILEY

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
alaplayer

Elder
alaplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 173
Default

AnNiTAFiStiNG wrote:

Would REALLY like to hear something from a DEV....or should i jus expect to be ingored like all the rest ...ps what do you the Player base feel...will you be tryin eqnext ..or should we expect what happened to Starwars take place here to?

What happened to Star Wars can't exactly happen to the EQ franchise.

Lucas Arts could clearly see that SOE was not, nor did they have any intentions on maximizing the use of the franchise and yanked or declined to renew the license. I guess in a way SOE's ineptness is what happened there so if EQ/EQ2 die a premature death it si kind of the same.

alaplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
Kapath

Lord
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 58
Default

Well I for one am excited for EQnext (and so are you ya bitter trolls ) . I've been playing EQ franchise games (like most of you) since I was old enough to type and despite it's problems I think this still remains THE BEST and most diversable MMO (biased much?). Looking at the decline of WoW and the decade-long fumbling let down that is known as diablo3 brings a cheeriness to me and surely to SoE. Look at the latest and greatest expansion for WoW, it blatantly targets the untapped demograph of 3-4 year olds; if that's not a sign of when to strike I don't know what is. If they don't stop posting faces of themselves/avatars while circle-jerking and make a decision about release dates Bethesda might swoop in with their MMO TBD 2013. As a community we should be hopeful that EQ may (at least) have a shot at returning to the spotlight and epitome of what it use to be (again, for the quality of gaming not the antics mentioned above; how is that not an internet meme yet!?!)

I'm not just tryin to suck the big SoE ogre's d*** here but at least they have something in the bag to be hopeful about; only time will tell if they utilize it and maybe, just maybe, some of the major problems that persist in eqI,II will get fixed in a courteous fashion (lol okay now it's blantantly salty)

__________________
MalletMan wrote: I noticed that on the mining animation, that the pick points to the right a bit, any way to fix that?
Kapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
Gilasil

Loremaster
Gilasil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 907
Default

Punctuation is your friend.  Please do your readers a favor and use it.

As to the point of the OP:  I for one will almost certainly play EQNext if it looks like a game I'd enjoy.  I don't play this game to see dev posts on the boards.  I can usually work around bugs (every game has them) and in any event I don't run into bugs so often as to ruin the game.  I play this game for fun.

I've tried several other MMOs but I keep coming back to EQ2. 

Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing the same game that many others on this board say they're playing.  And if I am, why they're still playing it if they hate it as much as they say they do.

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
LordPazuzu

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,157
Default

AnNiTAFiStiNG wrote:

so..ive been playin the game sence launch..day 1..and truly loved it..this commin from a huge FPS player(and i swore to my old roomate that ide never play a game with faries and dwarfs...low and behold i was hooked..)then came pvp and a great game got even better, and now we have what we have now. dont get me wrong i love the core game still jus makes me sad to see the state of neglect we have gone thru and are currently dealing with, goin on Years of no support...SO my main question is Why the Heck would any of us Go and play eqnext with the current treatment to the playerbase and the complete lack of support.. i cant even begin to tell you how many huge bugs that are still in the game, and we dont even need to talk about items we all know thats jus so far messed up i dont think they will ever get it fixed. so History repets itself and im sure eqnext will follow the soe business plan...do people really want to build there toons up for 7-8 years jus to have them left to die with the dwindling pops..plz give us some sort of hope

People pretty much said the same thing about moving from EQ1 to EQ2.

alaplayer wrote:

AnNiTAFiStiNG wrote:

Would REALLY like to hear something from a DEV....or should i jus expect to be ingored like all the rest ...ps what do you the Player base feel...will you be tryin eqnext ..or should we expect what happened to Starwars take place here to?

What happened to Star Wars can't exactly happen to the EQ franchise.

Lucas Arts could clearly see that SOE was not, nor did they have any intentions on maximizing the use of the franchise and yanked or declined to renew the license. I guess in a way SOE's ineptness is what happened there so if EQ/EQ2 die a premature death it si kind of the same.

Not entirely true.  Lucas Arts was just as much to blame for SWG, if not more so than SOE.  It was LA that demanded the NGE.  Blame is to be shared all around on that one.  LA didn't really understand MMOs at the time, and if you've played SWTOR, you'll see they still don't.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
Regolas

Loremaster
Regolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 603
Default

I loved playing eq1 and when eq2 came out i said I'd never play it as it felt like cheating! I had invested so much time playing it that it felt like a waste starting again on a new game that I thought was so similar (eq2). But then eq1 lost its appeal for me. My playtime changed and the friends and guildmates left, and I found myself bored and eventually quit. A few years later I decided to try the eq2 trial and it hooked me. I really enjoyed leveling up my character and the familiar feel of Norrath while still being a bit different. New graphics, new zones, but still similar made it feel right, and there was more people around than eq1 (when I left) too. After a year or so playing eq2 and really enjoying it, I decided to sub eq1 for a month and see if I still loved it like before. I didn't like it. Too much had changed in the 5 years I'd been away, yet the graphics looked so bad and I still knew no one. It was too much like hard work on a poor graphics game to invest in it again. Eq1 to me was more about the social aspect and raiding when I played, and now I knew no one and couldn't raid. I logged on again after it went f2p but it just confirmed what I felt before. Eq2 on the other hand, I started playing because it guided me through the game early on. Of course it didn't tell me everything but I always felt I could do something whether I was solo or grouped, had an hour or five hours. I will try EqNext, especially if they offer a free trial but probably even if they don't. If they can draw me in like eq2 did, with better graphics and probably more of a community because it's a new game, then I'll probably stay if eq2 starts to feel like eq1 did for me. It may not though, as eq2 to me isn't as personal to me as eq1 was. Sure, guildies are great and socialising is a part of the game, but it's not what keeps me hooked to it like eq1 did. As for WoW - the latest expansion seems like a blatant copy of the SF pandas! I've never been near WoW, one MMORPG is enough for me, and Norrath hooked me in 1999.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #10
darwich

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 840
Default

i will try it, eq2 is my fav, but i know that it will slowly decline more when eq3/next comes out.. im just hoping eq3 keeps to the all encompassing aspect like eq2 where you just have SOOOO much to do instead of like wow and just pvp or raiding once you hit max level..
darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
Equilibrium
Server: Kithicor

Loremaster
Equilibrium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 138
Default

EQnext is going to be a huge flop.

No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
OnoremBanned

Historian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
Default

[email protected] wrote:

EQnext is going to be a huge flop.

No ifs, ands or buts about it.

This.

People loved EQ1 and felt bad about leaving it for the new shiny version of EQ2.

People loved EQ2 but have no desire to move on to the nonsense they are going to serve up next. Have fun with your cash shop.

(I do realize I don't speak for everyone and some of you are looking forward to throwing money at a facebook game)

OnoremBanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #13
Crothos
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster
Crothos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 108
Default

OnoremBanned wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

EQnext is going to be a huge flop.

No ifs, ands or buts about it.

This.

People loved EQ1 and felt bad about leaving it for the new shiny version of EQ2.

People loved EQ2 but have no desire to move on to the nonsense they are going to serve up next. Have fun with your cash shop.

(I do realize I don't speak for everyone and some of you are looking forward to throwing money at a facebook game)

ForgeLight runs on Facebook? 

__________________
The EQ Next Ideas Thread http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=399389
Crothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #14
OnoremBanned

Historian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
Default

ProteinPlus3 wrote:

OnoremBanned wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

EQnext is going to be a huge flop.

No ifs, ands or buts about it.

This.

People loved EQ1 and felt bad about leaving it for the new shiny version of EQ2.

People loved EQ2 but have no desire to move on to the nonsense they are going to serve up next. Have fun with your cash shop.

(I do realize I don't speak for everyone and some of you are looking forward to throwing money at a facebook game)

ForgeLight runs on Facebook? 

ForgeLight runs? Lets wait to see it happen before we give them that much credit.

OnoremBanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #15
Iad

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 250
Default

OnoremBanned wrote:

ForgeLight runs? Lets wait to see it happen before we give them that much credit.

Yes, and it's called Planetside 2, go look it up.

Iad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #16
Crothos
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster
Crothos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 108
Default

Iad wrote:

OnoremBanned wrote:

ForgeLight runs? Lets wait to see it happen before we give them that much credit.

Yes, and it's called Planetside 2, go look it up.

Yeah. So there. 

__________________
The EQ Next Ideas Thread http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=399389
Crothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
Senara

Defender
Senara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 23
Default

Iad wrote:

OnoremBanned wrote:

ForgeLight runs? Lets wait to see it happen before we give them that much credit.

Yes, and it's called Planetside 2, go look it up.

I looked up EverQuestII before it was released. The early screenshots and videos of EQ2 looked amazing, the videos shown such fantastic, smooth gameplay. We were told all about how Everquest2 had such an advanced graphics engine, and SOE told us how the engine was future-ready.When I go to a fast food shop, I know the burger I will be served, will not look exactly like the burger on the big overhead menu board. It is no different with MMOs.

Senara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
Crothos
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster
Crothos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 108
Default

Senara wrote:

Iad wrote:

OnoremBanned wrote:

ForgeLight runs? Lets wait to see it happen before we give them that much credit.

Yes, and it's called Planetside 2, go look it up.

I looked up EverQuestII before it was released. The early screenshots and videos of EQ2 looked amazing, the videos shown such fantastic, smooth gameplay. We were told all about how Everquest2 had such an advanced graphics engine, and SOE told us how the engine was future-ready.When I go to a fast food shop, I know the burger I will be served, will not look exactly like the burger on the big overhead menu board. It is no different with MMOs.

Competition is intense now. EQ2 Alpha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HokbrASX-uo

__________________
The EQ Next Ideas Thread http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=399389
Crothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #19
darwich

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 840
Default

uhhh wow, eq2 never looked like that.. where is that armor now??

darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #20
Raffir

Loremaster
Raffir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 308
Default

 No one has seen much more than a hint of EQNext.  And you're already griping about it and predicting failure when you know, in your heart, that you'll be pounding the doors down to be let in as soon as it rolls out.

EQ2 is still a solid game with more available content than almost any playable MMO in existence right now.  If you guys could find something better, you wouldn't be here still complaining...well, most of you anyway.

Raf

Raffir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #21
Crothos
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster
Crothos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 108
Default

Raffir wrote:

 No one has seen much more than a hint of EQNext.  And you're already griping about it and predicting failure when you know, in your heart, that you'll be pounding the doors down to be let in as soon as it rolls out.

EQ2 is still a solid game with more available content than almost any playable MMO in existence right now.  If you guys could find something better, you wouldn't be here still complaining...well, most of you anyway.

Raf

__________________
The EQ Next Ideas Thread http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=399389
Crothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #22
OnoremBanned

Historian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Raffir wrote:

 No one has seen much more than a hint of EQNext.  And you're already griping about it and predicting failure when you know, in your heart, that you'll be pounding the doors down to be let in as soon as it rolls out.

EQ2 is still a solid game with more available content than almost any playable MMO in existence right now.  If you guys could find something better, you wouldn't be here still complaining...well, most of you anyway.

Raf

EQ2 is the best MMO I've ever found...and it's just good enough for me to log in 2 times a week now because I don't want to let my guildmates down on raid nights. I won't touch EQnext unless maybe, maybe, those same guildmates explain to me what I'm missing.

OnoremBanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #23
Raknid

Loremaster
Raknid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,421
Default

Raffir wrote:

...when you know, in your heart, that you'll be pounding the doors down to be let in as soon as it rolls out.

I think you might see some portion of people trying to get into the beta, but I bet there will be far more who, like me, wiat to see what is about. If I am mistaken, and it really is a throwback and has gameplay like EQ1 or VG then I will play. If it is anything at all like the current incarnation of the franchise, I wont be touching it with a ten foot pole, as this game has gone downhill in many ways and I don't see them turning that trend around if they use it as a starting point.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #24
Gilasil

Loremaster
Gilasil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 907
Default

I'll bet that when the signup for beta applications is put up it'll be a mob scene -- in a WWW kind of way.  I hope they make sure that server is extra powerful.

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #25
Tallisman

Loremaster
Tallisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 453
Default

EQ Next = SOE product

SOE doesn't listen to its player base. Nor does $med. The proof of that is in the myriad of P7S1 postings throughout these boards. And the hack last year. And NGE on SWG. Given that, what reason is there to even entertain this title?

__________________
Flatley Church, Dirge




Click my drum. Here's the story behind it.
Tallisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #26
Hateeternal

Loremaster
Hateeternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 155
Default

Everyone who is still in EQ2 at this point is, and this I guarantee you, also going to play EQnext.

Because SOE support may be bad, or let's just say non-existant (my personal opinion), and how they treat their playerbase - well, we do not even need to talk about it...

But then on the other hand, they make games that somehow keep us playing and paying, despite all the bugs and all the unbalanced classes or the crippled game mechanics, or..., or...., or..... SMILEY

So I personally am eager to see you all in EQ3.

__________________
Ihr seid lästig und habt euch noch nicht entschieden, wen ihr nerven werdet.

SOE Schedule:

8:00: see what isn't broken yet and break it

10:00: ban players complaining about it on the board

11:00: implement stuff noone wants, that breaks other stuff

-repeat-
Hateeternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #27
feldon30

Fansite Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,424
Default

My only thoughts about EQ3 these days are making sure we can launch an EQ3U service.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #28
Lizabethan

Philosopher
Lizabethan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 488
Default

Hateeternal wrote:

Everyone who is still in EQ2 at this point is, and this I guarantee you, also going to play EQnext.

I don't know, that's a pretty broad statement.

__________________
"The cookie jar is my favorite raid zone."
Lizabethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #29
Seffrid

Loremaster
Seffrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 583
Default

It was never likely that I would play EQNext given that it is pretty much guaranteed to be a dumbed down cash shop browser title, but even if SOE surprised us all and combined the best of EQ and EQ2 into a really cracking full-blown MMORPG with a decent business model it wouldn't now be available to me as my account has been sold off to a cowboy foreign outfit and I will not touch them or  have anything more to do with Sony's products of any kind.

I still have outstanding time on my cancelled accounts but I haven't logged in since the initial ProSieben FAQ other than for Ribbitribbit's party night and I haven't posted in a good while till this comment. There are plenty of decent MMOs around now, most of them run by companies with professional integrity as well as honesty in their community dealings, they'll have my money from now on.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #30
Gravy

Lord
Gravy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 382
Default

My fear is that EQNext will be just another MMO with restrictive classes, levels, and shards.

My hope is that EQNext will be an open world MMO where you can do anything with your one character.

A fantasy themed version of Eve Online if you will.

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:03 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.