EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Senvares

Loremaster
Senvares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 81
Default

I think the coin limit on free accounts is unecessary in the game and think you should beable to have as much as you want on hand or in the bank, It just seems a bit pointless to have it and waste of coding space.

Or you can charge 1000SC for a 1plat per level raise or 2000SC for a 5 plat per level raise.

Senvares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
bunnykiller69

Loremaster
bunnykiller69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
Default

Due to the fact Free to play accounts could then be made easily to funnel money from gold sellers I do not see this changing its also why FTP cant send game mail the spam would NEVER END!

 

PS: I am FTP and I understand why its this way

bunnykiller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
DamselInDistress

Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 510
Default

it's fine as it is. If you don't like it you can always sub gold.

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
Detor

Loremaster
Detor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,198
Default

It's triple station cash day, for $30-60 you can get a year's gold subscription.  Just do it and don't worry about coin limits, unlockable items, unlocking classes/races or slots, don't worry about any of that.

__________________
Comcast (SMC D3G-BIZ) & Verizon Cellphone (Droid Charge)

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
Senvares

Loremaster
Senvares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 81
Default

Ok for one i do get gold but as also a FTP player the reason why i got back into EQ2 befor i had no problem paying 10$ a month but now in order to even get that you have to pay a hole year, the limitation should be removed theres is no benifit to it except to hold more, not only that it effects those who want to have a guild since being able to have 50p in hand is not as easy as you think, as far as selling for cash you can't make alot of plat being on free without the use of the broker. simple as is there shouldn't be a limit at all on how much you can have in the bank or on hand, being close to 70 i cant even hold enough to get my rations or even my arrows that i need because of the limit, but a person shouldn't have to resort to having to buy a gold mem just for that its a bit rediculouse.

and not everyone has 30 - 60 when they have trip SC days i get paid once a month so yea bad timming for them to have trip sc day, if i had the cash hell yea i take advantage of it but when you get paid once a month like i do your SoL.

Senvares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:55 AM   #6
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster
The_Cheeseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,285
Default

The coin limit exists to give you a reason to subscribe. You're not supposed to like it, that's kind of the point. FTP exists to give people a chance to try the game and attract new players who will then hopefully become subscribers. You're not supposed to be able to fully enjoy the game without paying for it. SOE provides a service, you pay them for that service. It's called capitalism.

__________________
The_Cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:40 AM   #7
Senvares

Loremaster
Senvares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 81
Default

dude have a no coin limit will not make people want to subscribe you actually lose players i've been a eq play for a long long time but puting a limit on gold is not going to bring in to many new players, I mean FTP players cant use the broker so why would it hurt to take off the limit on how much gold you use, i get Gold sub so i can use the broker and thats all thats the only good thing about having gold beside having more char slot and the rest of the races, But a FTP account can almost have the same benifits as a gold account, all you have to do is buy extra char spaces all races and classes and there ya go you got gold membership.what im saying is there is no need or point for it its doesn't benifit sony or the player at all but not everyone is welthy like the majority of people are and spend there cash or parents cash up the wahoo for eq, at least raise how much you get per level like 5 - 10 plat per level that way a FTP player can actually enjoy the game and want to actually get gold subs.

Its not like im asking to have all classes and races free or take off the broker limitations getting plat in eq2 is like finding a needle in a hay stack without the broker. so taking off or raising the coin limit is not going to affect the game at all.

I wish they would put the armor and weapons back on the SC because i actually enjoyed it because i didn't have to deal with that armor being way over priced on the broker.

Senvares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #8
DamselInDistress

Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 510
Default

Senvares wrote:

Ok for one i do get gold but as also a FTP player the reason why i got back into EQ2 befor i had no problem paying 10$ a month but now in order to even get that you have to pay a hole year, the limitation should be removed theres is no benifit to it except to hold more, not only that it effects those who want to have a guild since being able to have 50p in hand is not as easy as you think, as far as selling for cash you can't make alot of plat being on free without the use of the broker. simple as is there shouldn't be a limit at all on how much you can have in the bank or on hand, being close to 70 i cant even hold enough to get my rations or even my arrows that i need because of the limit, but a person shouldn't have to resort to having to buy a gold mem just for that its a bit rediculouse.

and not everyone has 30 - 60 when they have trip SC days i get paid once a month so yea bad timming for them to have trip sc day, if i had the cash hell yea i take advantage of it but when you get paid once a month like i do your SoL.

I don't understand what getting paid once a month has to do with it.

Most of the world gets paid once a month. You don't have to pay 30-60 for a year, you can buy a smaller amount of SC which will still cover you for several months until the next promotion. 

You get to sub gold for 3-4$ / month and you still complain ? Would you like SOE to pay your sub for you instead ?

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #9
Senvares

Loremaster
Senvares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 81
Default

DamselInDistress wrote:

Senvares wrote:

Ok for one i do get gold but as also a FTP player the reason why i got back into EQ2 befor i had no problem paying 10$ a month but now in order to even get that you have to pay a hole year, the limitation should be removed theres is no benifit to it except to hold more, not only that it effects those who want to have a guild since being able to have 50p in hand is not as easy as you think, as far as selling for cash you can't make alot of plat being on free without the use of the broker. simple as is there shouldn't be a limit at all on how much you can have in the bank or on hand, being close to 70 i cant even hold enough to get my rations or even my arrows that i need because of the limit, but a person shouldn't have to resort to having to buy a gold mem just for that its a bit rediculouse.

and not everyone has 30 - 60 when they have trip SC days i get paid once a month so yea bad timming for them to have trip sc day, if i had the cash hell yea i take advantage of it but when you get paid once a month like i do your SoL.

I don't understand what getting paid once a month has to do with it.

Most of the world gets paid once a month. You don't have to pay 30-60 for a year, you can buy a smaller amount of SC which will still cover you for several months until the next promotion. 

You get to sub gold for 3-4$ / month and you still complain ? Would you like SOE to pay your sub for you instead ?

umm most of the world gets paid 2 times a month and no you dont get gold sub for 3-4$ a month try like 14.99 a month geniouse. Sure soe can pay for my sub anyday, and im not complaining about how much it costs im sugesting to remove the coin limit for FTP accounts your way off topic so please stay on topic.

Senvares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #10
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster
The_Cheeseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,285
Default

Here is the flaw in your argument. You want SOE to remove one of the limitations on free accounts so that you can play for free more comfortably. SOE doesn't want you to play for free, they want you to subscribe. Making your free to play experience comfortable enough that you do not feel pressured to subscribe is counter-productive to their main goal. This is why they are not going to remove the limitations on free to play accounts.

It doesn't matter whether your asking to have the coin limit increased, or the requirement for gear unlockers removed, or control over the AA slider. All of these serve the same function as a cohesive whole, and removing any one of them doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint. Once you remove one limit, you open the floodgates and are basically inviting people to demand that others be lifted as well. This is obviously not what SOE wants, and therefore your request is pointless.

__________________
The_Cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:24 AM   #11
gourdon

Loremaster
gourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 632
Default

I am in agreement that there should be a coin limit on bronze and silver accounts.  However, the original coin limits were predicated upon a fresh server where the plat supply was relatively low.  The cap should probably be increased by 2x-3x.

__________________
gourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:31 AM   #12
Vellisse
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster
Vellisse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 389
Default

It's necessary because F2P is just that.. free to play.

SOE doesn't cater to the crowd that don't fill their paychecks.

__________________
Vellisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:52 AM   #13
SOE-MOD-04

Community Moderator
SOE-MOD-04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
Default

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50011...post_id=5751894 Removed for trolling
SOE-MOD-04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #14
Caethre

Loremaster
Caethre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,167
Default

Senvares wrote:

I think the coin limit on free accounts is unecessary in the game and think you should beable to have as much as you want on hand or in the bank, It just seems a bit pointless to have it and waste of coding space.

(( I fundamentally disagree. Not only would it be a charter for scammers, gold farmers, you name it, but....

F2P is a way for people to get an intro to the game, to try it out and see if they like it. Any *serious* player is going to need to pay to subscribe, and help pay for the game, and the restrictions need to be annoying enough to make people feel forced to either subscribe or leave. This is the best for everyone! You realize the devs have salaries to pay, yes? If you want the whole shebang, you have to PAY for it, like everything else in life.

You have three options:

- Subscribe Gold. Then you get everything you desire, and you are paying to help the game be developed, like the rest of us.

- Stay F2P and accept the restrictions. You pay nothing, but you get very little. Deal with it.

- Leave. If you are F2P and paying nothing, SOE won't miss you, and we won't either, less lag for us to have to deal with for another freeloader.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's how life is. Pay like everyone else, or deal with the restrictions. ))

__________________
Countess Felishanna Silorielenwe [92/320 Templar|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
Rijacki

Tester
Rijacki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,842
Default

Even though I pay for a Gold subscription, I wish there were more 'unlocks' available and even some timed unlocks. For the "pay your way" concept, I think there should be a way to ala-carte unlock everything of a subscription but by doing it ala-carte be roughly twice the cost of Gold. It would only work, though, if unlocks could be time based. Examples: 500SC for a 30-day unlock that increases the the coin limit, 1000SC for a 30-day unlock to make it unlimited. 200SC per bag/bank slot for a 30-day unlock. And so on.

__________________
Rijacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #16
SOE-MOD-04

Community Moderator
SOE-MOD-04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
Default

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50011...post_id=5751977 Removed for trolling
SOE-MOD-04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #17
Kaito

Lord
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 52
Default

SOE did it because they have the foresight to prevent Non Gold-Sub GOLD FARMERS/SELLERS for Real Cash to grow within massively from the day they developed the game.

[SOE]:

[GOLD SELLER]:

[SOE]:

[GOLD SELLER]:

[SOE]:

[GOLD SELLER]:

__________________
Kaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #18
Vaelaen

Loremaster
Vaelaen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 102
Default

i think that the plat limit is sort of useless... it just steers people into using other forms of currency like crafting mats or harvestable rares... and sure, $15 a month is nothing for entertainment, but you still cant just throw your money away either. the silver sub offers quite a bit, and in many cases you wont need to spend that $15 a month to enjoy the game... that being said.... $30 will buy you a years sub on a tripple station cash day (walmart cards), and $2.50 a month aint bad.

Vaelaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #19
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster
The_Cheeseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,285
Default

I don't have anything constructive left to add to this discussion, but I just wanted to say that Kaito's post was awesome. That is all.

__________________
The_Cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:57 AM   #20
Te'ana

Tester
Te'ana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,807
Default

Sub and all is golden.

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #21
Senvares

Loremaster
Senvares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 81
Default

also to add since everyone is so worried about gold farmers/sellers, umm i hate to be the berrer of bad news but i see tons of gold farmers/sellers that are on sub accounts the people who are F2P.

theres 3 levels of membership bronze, silver and gold, bronze is the one that really should have a crap load of limitations but a silver account should have at least half of what a gold gets since silver is the middle man and you do pay 15$ for it the limitations need to be raised for silver there are a few things that could be added and a few that can stay the same.

Us players pay for thier houses, cars food and w/e els they spend there money on, a little consideration and respect wouldn't hurt them a little.

Senvares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #22
Raknid

Loremaster
Raknid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,421
Default

Senvares wrote:

also to add since everyone is so worried about gold farmers/sellers, umm i hate to be the berrer of bad news but i see tons of gold farmers/sellers that are on sub accounts the people who are F2P.

theres 3 levels of membership bronze, silver and gold, bronze is the one that really should have a crap load of limitations but a silver account should have at least half of what a gold gets since silver is the middle man and you do pay 15$ for it the limitations need to be raised for silver there are a few things that could be added and a few that can stay the same.

Us players pay for thier houses, cars food and w/e els they spend there money on, a little consideration and respect wouldn't hurt them a little.

Thought it was 500SC one time for a character?

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #23
BadLuck

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 39
Default

Senvares wrote:

also to add since everyone is so worried about gold farmers/sellers, umm i hate to be the berrer of bad news but i see tons of gold farmers/sellers that are on sub accounts the people who are F2P.

theres 3 levels of membership bronze, silver and gold, bronze is the one that really should have a crap load of limitations but a silver account should have at least half of what a gold gets since silver is the middle man and you do pay 15$ for it the limitations need to be raised for silver there are a few things that could be added and a few that can stay the same.

Us players pay for thier houses, cars food and w/e els they spend there money on, a little consideration and respect wouldn't hurt them a little.

For the record, I dropped my sub and then resubbed after realizing the plat limitations sucked. That is what it is designed for, and I for one am all for it in the way it sits now with NO CHANGES.

Also for the record SILVER costs $5 ONE TIME and ONE TIME ONLY PER ACCOUNT. Silver players should not get anywhere near half as much as gold members because you dont freaking PAY TO SUPPORT THE GAME CONSTANTLY, you paid 5 bucks, one time. 

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

(( I fundamentally disagree. Not only would it be a charter for scammers, gold farmers, you name it, but....

F2P is a way for people to get an intro to the game, to try it out and see if they like it. Any *serious* player is going to need to pay to subscribe, and help pay for the game, and the restrictions need to be annoying enough to make people feel forced to either subscribe or leave. This is the best for everyone! You realize the devs have salaries to pay, yes? If you want the whole shebang, you have to PAY for it, like everything else in life.

You have three options:

- Subscribe Gold. Then you get everything you desire, and you are paying to help the game be developed, like the rest of us.

- Stay F2P and accept the restrictions. You pay nothing, but you get very little. Deal with it.

- Leave. If you are F2P and paying nothing, SOE won't miss you, and we won't either, less lag for us to have to deal with for another freeloader.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's how life is. Pay like everyone else, or deal with the restrictions.&nbspSMILEY)

I think I love you lol

BadLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #24
Senvares

Loremaster
Senvares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 81
Default

they changed it then because it was 15$ when i got silver, its still money being given to them, not only that you have to think about the SC that people get thats more money they are racking in.

what they should do to please you people who complain about the subscribers who are gold farmer sellers, is make it to were u can pay SC to raise the limit they will still be making money, they are making money for people to be playing there game when you have made as much money as they have you get payed for having people play your game, plus they make well enough with both EQ and EQ2.

Also quit treating me like im some noob who just got the game i started playing eq when ruins of kannark was barly comming out for about 5 years and played EQ2 since the game came out so a lil respect please would be nice theres no need to bash its uneccesary.

Senvares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #25
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Senvares wrote:

they changed it then because it was 15$ when i got silver, its still money being given to them, not only that you have to think about the SC that people get thats more money they are racking in.

what they should do to please you people who complain about the subscribers who are gold farmer sellers, is make it to were u can pay SC to raise the limit they will still be making money, they are making money for people to be playing there game when you have made as much money as they have you get payed for having people play your game, plus they make well enough with both EQ and EQ2.

Also quit treating me like im some noob who just got the game i started playing eq when ruins of kannark was barly comming out for about 5 years and played EQ2 since the game came out so a lil respect please would be nice theres no need to bash its uneccesary.

regardless of wether you (or others) paid a one-time $5 or $15 for silver you bought it knowing what it would give you and that it would still have restrictions which only gold could lift.

At most the payment is one month's worth of gold which you did not invest into a gold sub.

explain to me exactly why SOE should expect that if they did lift the restrictions on silver that those on silver would spend upwards of $120 on the marketplace a year?

You are not entitled to restriction free play unless you purchase a gold sub.

It's like saying you are entitled to own a mercedes because you bought a family car and not expected to pay for said mercedes.

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #26
Senvares

Loremaster
Senvares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 81
Default

im omly going to say this one time and one time only im not a noob quit treating me like it, they dont have to remove it even them people will still get SC cash to get stuff.

Senvares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:29 AM   #27
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Senvares wrote:

im omly going to say this one time and one time only im not a noob quit treating me like it, they dont have to remove it even them people will still get SC cash to get stuff.

i'm going to make this clear. nobody so far in this thread has said anything remotely about your current experiance in EQ2.

what you see is nothing more then people disagreeing with you with good arguments as to why SOE shouldn't change it's policy and why they havent before.

It's all about profit and cost. the restrictions are there to entice you to subscribe gold and contribute to the development, upkeep and profits.

It is counter-productive to remove the restictions as those that would have contibuted to the game with the restrictions on by subbing would not sub and would simply remain penny pinchers with no obligation to spend the money they saved on SOE products.

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #28
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Wirewhisker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 582
Default

I do not agree with the OP at all.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #29
Senvares

Loremaster
Senvares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 81
Default

i could care less if you agree with me or not your only the few that would disagree compaired tho those who do i dont mind buying coin maxers it doesn't bother me at all. but your also missing the point that a free account can almost the same benifits of a Gold subscribtion, either way it goes there making money no matter what like i said, there are far more people who would rather have the coin limit raised because they are board of the game so the coin limitatio is obviously not that inticing the idea is to get more player but with the game being dull you not going to suceed to well. a silver account can be a gold easly without paying the monthly subscription.

non of the arguments that are against this are not reasonable at all. you talk about gold farmers but you have it wrong about free account yes there will be a few but not compaired to the tons that are on a gold so that argument is rendered usless. and thats the only argument thats been around really gold farmers.

you can try to make me look like the bad guy here but its really not going to work im trying to help SOE rack in more money while you say oh no that a bad idea because of gold farmers which would be a bit impossible to do. the coin drop is nerfed in the game making that argument impossible half the time your getting items and armor from quest any gold you get is usualy copper or silver. you rarely get any gold.

and again without the use of the broker on silver you cant make much gold or plat unless you buy "making SOE money" broker tokens. either way SOE is still making money.

Senvares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #30
entrailsgalore2

Loremaster
entrailsgalore2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 36
Default

People just want everything for free. They won't want to work for it, they don't want to pay for it, they just want it free and now. If something's not free, then the world is horrible, the government sucks, and some sort of justice must be served!  If the rules to something ( such as EQ2's subscription model) don't fit in your "lifestyle", then don't fit it into your lifestyle. That's pretty basic. Don't be lazy and don't complain. It is, what it is, either take it that way or don't. These threads won't stop coming....

entrailsgalore2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:50 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.