EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

Now, before you read the title and just flame me, hear me out. I played WELL before the F2P conversion, and I like the F2P model SOE is using, however I do have one complaint. Why is it that Silver players can't use Legendary? I'm not asking to be able to use my epic weapon on my 90 wizard. I just want to be able to use my newer characters and wear stuff that drops in DoV. Even quest gear there is Legendary. Gold players pay to play, so it makes sense that they get unrestricted access to content, but I feel like it is wrong to have at least one expansion that drops nothing but legendary, and leaving your bronze and silver players in the dark.

Yes, there are gear unlocks, I understand that, but it doesn't unlock the slot, it unlocks the one item. I became a Silver player when it was $10, I know in EQ1 its $5 to go Silver, and I don't know if it has changed for EQ2 or not, but I don't think it'd be a bad business decision to allow Silver players to use Legendary.

WildiwenBloodbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Brigh

Loremaster

Bronze should be MC<, and Silver should be Legendary<

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
Peogia

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

Would be nice but they will never do it, the majority of all group ect gear is legendary and fabled raid only

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

I would agree here. Bronze should be capped at MC and Silver capped at Legendary. Do the current unlocks as they are. That way Silver players either have to upgrade to get better gear (fabled and higher) or buy the unlocks.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
LadyMist

Loremaster

Because Legendary is Very nice gear, only better is raid gear. This is just one of the Few restrictions a free to play silver person has. My high toon wears all egendary and I am gold. Fabled isnt a option for me as I dont have time to raid.

You just have to deal with what the free to play model offers wich is Very generous, more generous than all the ftp games I have tried out

Old 04-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

That's the thing LadyMist, Silver isn't free. No, I don't have to pay monthly, Silver does cost money, though not much. Again, not asking for everything to be handed to me, it just doesn't make sense for Silver members to be in the dark on all DoV gear.

Also, any mob has a chance to drop fabled stuff. So no, raiding isn't the only way to get fabled gear. I've seen it in KoS group instances.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

unlockers are dirt cheap, buy them. like 500 SC for a pack of 5 if i remember.

you dont pay a sub so you should pay to equip legndary +  gear.

and a 1 time account wide charge as cheap as silver , is hardly worth mentioning .

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
Geothe

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

That's the thing LadyMist, Silver isn't free. No, I don't have to pay monthly, Silver does cost money, though not much. Again, not asking for everything to be handed to me, it just doesn't make sense for Silver members to be in the dark on all DoV gear.

Also, any mob has a chance to drop fabled stuff. So no, raiding isn't the only way to get fabled gear. I've seen it in KoS group instances.

Pay a monthly subscription, or buy unlockers.Its that simple.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #9
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

yohann koldheart wrote:

You do realize, that if I do that on a consistent basis while getting upgrades, I'll spend more than a gold player in the long run right? Again, I'm not asking SOE to hand me anything. I want to go out there in game and earn all of it myself, but I don't think its right to have me pay for Silver membership, then pay for unlockers just to use gear from DoV quests.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #10
Gravy

Lord

LadyMist wrote:

Because Legendary is Very nice gear, only better is raid gear.

Hardly.

The real problem is Legendary drops off mobs like candy falling out of a pinata. An issue that was discussed in this thread:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=515025

It's hard for me to kill more than a few mobs and not get a Legendary flagged item. Its pretty clear that SoE made Legendary as common as the old Treasured around the time F2P was being discussed.

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

Gravy wrote:

LadyMist wrote:

Because Legendary is Very nice gear, only better is raid gear.

Hardly.

The real problem is Legendary drops off mobs like candy falling out of a pinata. An issue that was discussed in this thread:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=515025

It's hard for me to kill more than a few mobs and not get a Legendary flagged item. Its pretty clear that SoE made Legendary as common as the old Treasured around the time F2P was being discussed.

Agreed.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #12
Geothe

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Again, I'm not asking SOE to hand me anything.

Sure likes you are directly asking SoE to hand you free Legendary gear to me.

[email protected] wrote:

You do realize, that if I do that on a consistent basis while getting upgrades, I'll spend more than a gold player in the long run right?

You do realize, that you dont have to equip every new piece of gear if it has +2 more Sta, right?  Maybe actually think about your options and only make significant upgrades.  Especially now that CM is removed from the game you can easily do that.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #13
LadyMist

Loremaster

Silver is free, I went on it for awhile so what you paid 10 dolars One time to open up buying from the broker, to get shared bank, even more bag space and another character slot or two. And thats it its Free for you. If you choose to buy unlockers thats your own extra thing

Yes silver is free to play

Old 04-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #14
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

but I don't think its right to have me pay for Silver membership

silver is a 1 time 5 dollar account wide fee , so yes you should  . as posted above you dont need to equip every peice of gear you get. the unlockers are already very cheap.  

Old 04-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #15
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

Geothe wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Again, I'm not asking SOE to hand me anything.

Sure likes you are directly asking SoE to hand you free Legendary gear to me.

[email protected] wrote:

You do realize, that if I do that on a consistent basis while getting upgrades, I'll spend more than a gold player in the long run right?

You do realize, that you dont have to equip every new piece of gear if it has +2 more Sta, right?  Maybe actually think about your options and only make significant upgrades.  Especially now that CM is removed from the game you can easily do that.

I'm sorry, how is wanting Silver players to be able to use Legendary armor the same as asking SOE to deck me out in it?

Old 04-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #16
LadyMist

Loremaster

Well shoot i want perks of being gold and buying lots of sc stuff, propably more than the free to players because they are to poor for a subscription

so I want free mounts now and then from sc, I want a free 90 of my choice once a year and why stop there since i bank good money SMILEY

Old 04-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

yohann koldheart wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

but I don't think its right to have me pay for Silver membership

silver is a 1 time 5 dollar account wide fee , so yes you should  . as posted above you dont need to equip every peice of gear you get. the unlockers are already very cheap.  

Way to delete the rest of that quote. Here, let me post it correctly. " but I don't think its right to have me pay for Silver membership, then pay for unlockers just to use gear from DoV quests."

Also, it was $10 when I went Silver.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
Geothe

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I'm sorry, how is wanting Silver players to be able to use Legendary armor the same as asking SOE to deck me out in it?

You are asking to be handed one of the benefits of actually subscribing to the game to free.   Thats asking for a hand-out.

If you dont want to have to use unlockers, man up and get a subscription.  Otherwise, live with the drawbacks that come with playing a game for free.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #19
Geothe

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Way to delete the rest of that quote. Here, let me post it correctly. " but I don't think its right to have me pay for Silver membership, then pay for unlockers just to use gear from DoV quests."

SILVER membership has NOTHING do to with gear.  As already stated earlier in the thread,  SILVER membership is an slight upgrade to a couple of other account priviledges.  Part of the draw back to staying silver is what you are facing.  ITS THERE BY DESIGN.  SoE wants you to actually fund the game, either by paying a monthly subscription, or by nickle-and-diming you.  You've CHOSEN to go with the nickle-and-diming route.  Congrats!

Old 04-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #20
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

Geothe wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You are asking to be handed one of the benefits of actually subscribing to the game to free.   Thats asking for a hand-out.

If you dont want to have to use unlockers, man up and get a subscription.  Otherwise, live with the drawbacks that come with playing a game for free.

I may not pay a monthly fee, I did that for years, I still had to pay for Silver. I'm not going to argue with you about money. That isn't the point here. They want Silver members to spend money on that stuff, I realize that. The desire to have better gear would still be there even if I was able to wear Legendary gear.

Asking for a hand-out would be simply asking to be in all Legendary for just logging in. I'm asking for the right to wear Legendary gear that I come across while playing. I hadn't even mentioned that 2 Fabled Vet Rewards I have that I can't use.

If you honestly think I'm asking for a hand-out, then you have a skewed idea of what a hand-out is.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #21
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

Geothe, by your own logic, Gold has nothing to do with gear either. Honestly, I have a good point here. A more evenly spread on subscription levels makes more sense. I'm asking for 1 thing to be unlocked for ALL Silver players.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #22
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Geothe wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I may not pay a monthly fee, I did that for years, I still had to pay for Silver. I'm not going to argue with you about money. That isn't the point here. They want Silver members to spend money on that stuff, I realize that. The desire to have better gear would still be there even if I was able to wear Legendary gear.

Asking for a hand-out would be simply asking to be in all Legendary for just logging in. I'm asking for the right to wear Legendary gear that I come across while playing. I hadn't even mentioned that 2 Fabled Vet Rewards I have that I can't use.

If you honestly think I'm asking for a hand-out, then you have a skewed idea of what a hand-out is.

asking for f2p players to get what a gold sub pays for is exactly the same as a hand out.

you are able to wear legendary gear, buy the unlockers !

one of the points you bring up is in fact about money or you woulndt be complaining about having to spend 500 SC on a pack of unlockers, you feel you should get to equip the gear free  lol

Old 04-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #23
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

yohann koldheart wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Geothe wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

asking for f2p players to get what a gold sub pays for is exactly the same as a hand out.

you are able to wear legendary gear, buy the unlockers !

one of the points you bring up is in fact about money or you woulndt be complaining about having to spend 500 SC on a pack of unlockers, you feel you should get to equip the gear free  lol

I'd agree with you if I was asking Bronze players to have Legendary gear, since they didn't have to pay for anything. I'm a Silver player, so yes I paid money for my status. I paid $10, because thats how much it was at the time. I don't see how giving Silver members access to Legendary armor is a bad thing. Especially if Legendary drops as much at higher levels as someone mentioned earlier.

Honestly, the best F2P model to use is what Guild Wars did. Pay for the software, get to use EVERYTHING in game.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #24
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

Here is my biggest question to you. Does it affect how gold subscribers enjoy the game if Silver players were given more perks?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #25
bks6721

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Here is my biggest question to you. Does it affect how gold subscribers enjoy the game if Silver players were given more perks?

Myself and I'm sure many other gold members would drop our subscription.  That loss of income to the game is not good.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #26
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Myself and I'm sure many other gold members would drop our subscription.  That loss of income to the game is not good.

So just because Silver would gain the perk of wearing Legendary armor without unlockers, you would drop your sub?

I didn't say if Silver had more perks than Gold, I said if Silver had more perks.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #27
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

So just because Silver would gain the perk of wearing Legendary armor without unlockers, you would drop your sub?

I didn't say if Silver had more perks than Gold, I said if Silver had more perks.

yes most would.  there is nothing at all wrong with the cirrent matrix.  silver already gets enough percs over bronze they dont need more. 

they let you log in for free, give you up to SF for free  and you want what ?    Moar Free Stuff  !!!!   

Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #28
bks6721

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I pay for gold because the cost of unlockers on my 25 characters would far exceed the cost of a sub, so yes, I'd drop the sub if it became 'free' for silver to wear legendary gear.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #29
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

yohann koldheart wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

yes most would.  there is nothing at all wrong with the cirrent matrix.  silver already gets enough percs over bronze they dont need more. 

they let you log in for free, give you up to SF for free  and you want what ?    Moar Free Stuff  !!!!   

The original matrix showed Silver getting Legendary. They changed it before F2P went live. Also, when they gave Gold members 500 SC a month, that was a perk from the Platinum level. For those that don't remember Platinum membership was the annual subscription level. So if I'm understanding that, Gold players got a hand-out because they got rid of the Platinum level. Only players that are Platinum now are those that were Plat and didn't change.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #30
WildiwenBloodbriar

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I pay for gold because the cost of unlockers on my 25 characters would far exceed the cost of a sub, so yes, I'd drop the sub if it became 'free' for silver to wear legendary gear.

In that case, I see where you are coming from. However, I'm sure that most gold players are raiders. I know if I were to start raiding again, I'd go to gold so that I could wear my raid loot.