EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #1141
Tallisman

Loremaster

What I find interesting is, now that folks have got the email (I still haven't btw so not sure what's up with that), more are now quitting. Or at least saying they are.

Is SOE hearing what the player base is saying? No. Again.

Click my drum. Here's the story behind it.
Tallisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #1142
Trevynoae

Loremaster

sojurn1 wrote:

the other problem is most of the countries listed use the euro some don’t,

I posted a list with all countries - because Brasse claimed everybody is using the euro and so there won't be conversion fees.

Edit: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...=516732#5752581

24 Countries do not use the Euro, 18 do.

But - according to that research you should reword your sentence to: "... some of the countries listed use the euro most don't"

Sorry - had to point this out again.

oh - and just to add:

Many of us here in germany would qualify by what you also said to stay with SOE because many of us are pretty much able to read/write/speak english better than a native speaker (at least sometimes *smile*).So - I for example try to avoid german servers in ANY game - also because our german folks are sometimes - well ... "different" and me and many other germans i know aren't really into being compared to "them" fellow germans

If I wanted german support I would have written my tickets in german in the past. But I refuse to because I found it is more efficient to write them in english even if you get answers in german.

For example: I had a talk with that "Coldor" guy over there at PSS1 via chat a while ago. I can tell you ... he has troubles speaking either language - I even offered to ask my question in german once I found out he was completely unable to follow my questions when I asked them in english. Some folks are made for "the stage" - others are not. He might be a wonderful community manager in the background - but he most certainly lacks professionalism on the first-level (looking at his comments on the alaplaya-boards ... so ...). (ok - this most likely will get deleted and i might find a nasty-o-gram in my inbox *waves at those claiming this is insulting - but it just is the truth and can be proven using the alaplaya-board and reviewing chatlogs*)

So - I would kindly ask SOE and PSS1 (only because I can't get around them it seems - although I do not want to have anything to do with them - or I wouldn't ask them kindly but demand ...) to please leave those of us alone who are happy with english customer support and whatever else is different.

Something else to remind everybody of:

Even the veteran rewards for those accounts that got "sold" to PSS1 are "not a given thing" any longer! Brasse (I think it was her - too many postings to find the correct red name quickly) replied that the "vet rewards" are also "promotional" and while PSS1 is interested in continuing them - they can not promise they will stay the same as with what soe accounts get. So much for that ... thank you.

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #1143
kallstrom

Loremaster

Is PSS1's rule saying if you don't play for 3 months they can delete your account still applicable, That on it's own would be a deal killer for me, as I regularly take breaks from the games I play.

I wouldn't want to do a load of raiding etc, get all my stuff, then need to take a break and come back to nothing.

kallstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #1144
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Trevynoae wrote:

Even the veteran rewards for those accounts that got "sold" to PSS1 are "not a given thing" any longer! Brasse (I think it was her - too many postings to find the correct red name quickly) replied that the "vet rewards" are also "promotional" and while PSS1 is interested in continuing them - they can not promise they will stay the same as with what soe accounts get. So much for that ... thank you.

Yeah, this one bothers me greatly.  If I have been playing for the same length of time as a US player and they get a reward for that, why shouldnt I get the same one?  And if someone is going to stay with a game for years and years it will be because they like the game, not because they are waiting for a cool mount in 3 years time or whatever, so as a 'promotion' or 'incentive' it is meaningless.  Its a nice perk to look forward to especially for us long standing players that has been in game since I can remember, it is NOT a promotion.  That is more legal SOE semantics so they can justify the US and Euro game experiences differing in future.  It counts as content, especially houses and mounts, and that should be controlled solely by SOE.

ALL players regardless of where they live should get the same reward for the same commitment to the game.  Take it away from Euros, take it away from US players too. 

I believe in Fairness & Equality- We are on the same servers playing the same game.  It doesn't matter where we live on the Earth and who is publishing - The GAME experience should be THE SAME.

Plus, will new accounts created after transfer be eligible for the Vet Awards already in game, or will it be PSS1's own (or nothing) only?

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #1145
Trevynoae

Loremaster

kallstrom wrote:

Is PSS1's rule saying if you don't play for 3 months they can delete your account still applicable, That on it's own would be a deal killer for me, as I regularly take breaks from the games I play.

I wouldn't want to do a load of raiding etc, get all my stuff, then need to take a break and come back to nothing.

They "promise" to not do that.

The german EULA still holds that clause:

6. Dein Account ist nicht auf andere Personen übertragbar. P7S1 Games ist berechtigt, Deinen Account und damit Deine persönlichen Daten zu löschen, wenn Du die Dienste für einen Zeitraum von mehr als 90 zusammenhängenden Tagen nicht nutzt. Solltest Du APs (siehe dazu unter Art. IV. Ziff. 1) erworben haben, wird P7S1 Games Deinen Account unter Einziehung der noch vorhandenen APs frühestens löschen, wenn Du die Dienste über einen Zeitraum von mehr als einem (1) Jahr nicht genutzt hast.

It is 90 days if you didn't access pay-services. If you bought Alaplaya-Points it is 12 Months.

And here comes the english version (Rev.: July 14, 2011) ... so ... obviously although they promised several times "we never did" and "we will not do" ... they don't dare to change that part of the EULA. Tells a bit ...

6. Your Account is not transferable to other individuals. P7S1 Games is entitled to delete your Account, and with it your personal information, if you go for a period of more than 90 days in a row without using the Services. If you have purchased APs (see Art. IV. [1] below), P7S1 Games will delete your Account and revoke any remaining APs if you have not used the Services for a period of at least one (1) year.

Funny enough is the wording!

EULA is part of the contract ... and it says "... WILL delete your account ..." in the 1 year rule. HUH? WILL?! Not "may" or something - but WILL?

Old 06-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #1146
kallstrom

Loremaster

Thanks, can we trust their promises though.

kallstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #1147
Veskandar

Loremaster

I trust them less than I trust soe, and I don't trust soe

Old 06-21-2012, 03:32 AM   #1148
Risada

Loremaster

In updated it says - 

Will my ProSieben account be automatically deleted if I don't play for 90 days?No, ProSiebenSat.1 Games does not use automatic procedures to identify or delete "inactive" accounts.

EULA like they said over here do say - 

P7S1 Games may delete data and/or refuse to store additional data if the technical limita-tions are exceeded, in consideration of the specifications according to Art. III 6. This applies in the event you go for a period of more than 90 days without using the Services offered by P7S1 Games. P7S1 Games will notify you prior to deleting important data.

and

Your Account is not transferable to other individuals. P7S1 Games is entitled to delete your Account, and with it your personal information, if you go for a period of more than 90 days in a row without using the Services. If you have purchased APs (see Art. IV. [1] below), P7S1 Games will delete your Account and revoke any remaining APs if you have not used the Services for a period of at least one (1) year.

Why would I want to Make an account over there with an Terms of use like that when You have said it isnt like that?

Risada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:50 AM   #1149
Shoushin

Loremaster

and what about manual identification and deletion ? SMILEY

Shoushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #1150
Alienor

Loremaster

What about travelers and VPN users? What about US military staff playing from home using a German ISP much like I do?

What happens to the non recurring membership I just bought last weekend (because the money was already lost)?

Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #1151
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Alienor wrote:

What about travelers and VPN users? What about US military staff playing from home using a German ISP much like I do?

What happens to the non recurring membership I just bought last weekend (because the money was already lost)?

Not meant to sound harsh or rude, but: That was answered by RedNames (mostly Brasse) and in the email they sent.

I can only strongly recommend to those of you who are new to all this, to browse this whole (!) tread for redname-answers or (more conveniently *smile*) for pipsi's summaries.

VPN: To use a VPN you need to have a regular internet connection first. So there is not a problem. If you can reach the services is up to how the VPN is set up.

Travelers, Military, ... now that there is no ip-lock but an address/billing-address lock this isn't a problem anymore.You will use SOE login if you are identified as an non-PSS1 customer (according to address,...) and you will use PSS1 login when you identified as such.So it doesn't matter if you are military, traveling, ... the address that is associated to your account (billing, banking, home, ...) is what puts you in the arms of PSS1 or not.

Your non-recurring membership will be transfered automatically:

If at the time of the transition you have a pre-paid, non-recurring EverQuest® II subscription, your subscription will be automatically transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games so you can continue enjoying any remaining play time left on the account.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:52 AM   #1152
Shoushin

Loremaster

they are not making decisions based on your IP but on your billing country.

why would your money be lost ? your SC will be copied to pss1 as well.

Shoushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #1153
Trevynoae

Loremaster

ATTENTION SOE! THERE IS A MAJOR FLAW IN THE GERMAN TRANSLATION YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF IMMEDIATELY!

English version:

If at the time of the transition you have a pre-paid, non-recurring EverQuest® II subscription, your subscription will be automatically transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games so you can continue enjoying any remaining play time left on the account.

German version:

Wenn Spieler zum Zeitpunkt der Übertragung eine vorausbezahlte und wiederkehrende EverQuest® II-Mitgliedschaft besitzen, dann werden deren Mitgliedschaften automatisch zu ProSiebenSat.1 Games übertragen, sodass diese Spieler jegliche verbleibende Spielzeit nutzen können.

The german translation is FAR FROM what the english says - to be specific: the german translation just repeats (!) itself about recurring subs!

it is this: "If at the time of transition you have a pre-paid RECURRING EverQuestII subscription ..."

THIS IS WRONG INFORMATION concerning the current contract!

You need to update those customers of yours ASAP with correct information!

In the german version there is absolutely NO reference to non-recurring subs! I wonder if it is the same in the french one.But this - with all due respect - makes me want to know one thing: WHO translated this? Was PSS1 involved in the writing of this email at all? They signed the mail - obviously - but also obviously they didn't read it at least one time.You really need to ask your german native-speakers at SOE to help translate such stuff properly (and not the ones who translate game-announcements for the german boards - sorry).

This kind of information is super-important because - as you mentioned several times in the past - you have 30 days to give notice - but the notice given here is of no interest to non-recurring subs and so they didn't get warning.

And I am getting sick of pointing out your inability to translate important stuff correctly to you.Please forward this to Brasse so she can take care of it - or whoever is in charge of this now.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:41 AM   #1154
Dovifat

Loremaster

Didn't get an email yet ( didn't get any about the transition so far in fact ), not sure if that's reason for hope or despair.

Dovifat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:47 AM   #1155
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Trevynoae wrote:

ATTENTION SOE! THERE IS A MAJOR FLAW IN THE GERMAN TRANSLATION YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF IMMEDIATELY!

English version:

German version:

Wenn Spieler zum Zeitpunkt der Übertragung eine vorausbezahlte und wiederkehrende EverQuest® II-Mitgliedschaft besitzen, dann werden deren Mitgliedschaften automatisch zu ProSiebenSat.1 Games übertragen, sodass diese Spieler jegliche verbleibende Spielzeit nutzen können.

The german translation is FAR FROM what the english says - to be specific: the german translation just repeats (!) itself about recurring subs!

it is this: "If at the time of transition you have a pre-paid RECURRING EverQuestII subscription ..."

THIS IS WRONG INFORMATION concerning the current contract!

Er... wow...

Reading this thread, I realized I had no memory of seeing something like that and went to check...

The WHOLE paragraph quoted below is missing from the French translation!

If at the time of the transition you have a pre-paid, non-recurring EverQuest® II subscription, your subscription will be automatically transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games so you can continue enjoying any remaining play time left on the account. If at the time of transition you have a pre-paid, recurring SOE subscription, your subscription will be transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games; however, the subscription will not renew at the end of the current billing cycle. Once the billing cycle ends, you will be able to re-subscribe through the ProSiebenSat.1 Games service to continue enjoying the benefits of a similar membership.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #1156
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

I'm very angry that PSS1 haven't taken those lines about deleting accounts from their EULA - especially since Brasse announced a while ago that they had (and then everyone checked and they hadn't).  Seems that even if SOE are actually passing on our concerns to PSS1, they don't have to listen/act on them. If they don't listen to SOE, their business partner, they are hardly going to listen to the customers. This does not bode well.

Whilst I don't generally take long breaks from EQ2, I can think of quite a few reasons why it could happen and I don't want to come back and find my since-launch account is gone.  I'm not comfortable agreeing to an EULA with those lines still in it.

And I still don't have any email from SOE about this.

Edit: I have asked Coldor over at Alaplaya about the EULA.  Awaiting response, if any.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Old 06-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #1157
Drupal

Elder

Bottom line is this Eq2 is almost dead and SOE has no intention to pour any money / resources into it. It's why most developers were moved onto other projects, why it went f2p and why only the marketplace items get some sort of attention. Effectivelly they want to make the most money possible while they are in this mode of operations.

They sold us to PSS1 because Pss were willing to pay a mountain of dollars just so they could get our custom and keep making money off our back, maybe do a bit of advertisement to get more players, add some stuff to the marketplace etc.

PSS were willing to spend some money SOE wasn't , hoping they will make some profit as SOE's European Publisher. 

Don't forget however that we will be playing the same game, without much care for further development or fixes and we can expect a lot more marketplace items instead of proper content.

I am willing to bet that we will see raid quality items in the marketplace soon after the transition happens. It has happened in PSS' other games and frankly they must regard it as a quick way to make a lot of money. I fully expect the price of the sub to go up as well and no more promotions of any value.

We had a lot of promotions lately, simply becuase SOE is milking us for as much as they can without any care how it will afffect their future partners. Of course, a lot of us already have subs bought and paid for several years, but Pss people do not know that yet.

That's it, really. It will be interesting to see how this evolves but mark my words, fabled items ( with stats ) will be in marketplace shortly after we transfer over.

Drupal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #1158
harleygjc

Loremaster

Anyone know if the subs WILL be paid in euros or not? and if so what the rate will be, atm uk rate is £8.99 I was just wondering if it will be increased or not.

harleygjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #1159
Drupal

Elder

harleygjc wrote:

Anyone know if the subs WILL be paid in euros or not? 

The only way to find that out would be to try one of their other games and see how it's done there. At the moment I have no intention of doing that SMILEY.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #1160
Nolrog

Loremaster

Has anything acutally changed from the initial announcement to now?  Was this a "let's let things cool off and then do what we wanted anyway" period?

Nolrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #1161
Drupal

Elder

Nolrog wrote:

Has anything acutally changed from the initial announcement to now?  Was this a "let's let things cool off and then do what we wanted anyway" period?

Based on past experiences I would have to say yes.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #1162
Alienor

Loremaster

Trevynoae wrote:

Alienor wrote:

Not meant to sound harsh or rude, but: That was answered by RedNames (mostly Brasse) and in the email they sent.

Might be. Then again you complain about the info in the sent email to be wrong. The info in this thread has also changed a lot, at least that is what I read from your answer. Why this is not in the FAQ is beyond my understanding. 

So it doesn't matter if you are military, traveling, ... the address that is associated to your account (billing, banking, home, ...) is what puts you in the arms of PSS1 or not.

Just to be sure, if I go for 2 weeks to the US I still have to log on by PSS1 launcher when my address is EU based. On the other hand if I simply change my address to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue I can avoid PSS1? If that's true, why is everybody complaining instead of changing the address?

Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #1163
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Nolrog wrote:

The only thing that has changed since Jan is that now no US players are affected, and ALL European players are affected.  Otherwise, nope, its the same ridiculous mess that isn't actually going to benefit anyone or any thing except SOE's bank balance.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 06-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #1164
Drupal

Elder

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Nolrog wrote:

The only thing that has changed since Jan is that now no US players are affected, and ALL European players are affected.  Otherwise, nope, its the same ridiculous mess that isn't actually going to benefit anyone or any thing except SOE's bank balance.

That remains to be seen. They were hoping for the same thing when Eq2 went F2P and we all know how well that went ...

Old 06-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #1165
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Drupal wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Nolrog wrote:

That remains to be seen. They were hoping for the same thing when Eq2 went F2P and we all know how well that went ...

I was thinking of the nice juicy short term lump sum SOE got paid by PSS1 for our souls, longer term I agree, I think they will lose money over this, just as with every other "bright idea" they have had.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 06-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #1166
Onorem

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Nolrog wrote:

US players are effected. Lets stop this stupid anger at the US already. I have many friends and guildmates that won't be playing once this nonsense goes through. Just because the way I connect to the game hasn't changed doesn't mean that I won't feel the effects. What changed from the initial proposal that you blame US players for ruining?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #1167
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Onorem wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Nolrog wrote:

US players are effected. Lets stop this stupid anger at the US already. I have many friends and guildmates that won't be playing once this nonsense goes through. Just because the way I connect to the game hasn't changed doesn't mean that I won't feel the effects. What changed from the initial proposal that you blame US players for ruining?

Not at all, thats not what I meant. 

Initially, the plan was based on servers, so US people (SOE customers) would not be able to play on Euro servers as they would be PSS1 only, and new Euros (PSS1 customers) would not be able to play on US servers.  Only existing Euros on US servers could stay with SOE. 

Now it is based on billing address/IP (where you are basically, however they decide to determine that).

So US players can still play on any server and can stay with SOE.  Nothing at the most basic level changes.  They don't have to sign up with the dodgy third party etc etc etc.  It is now only Euro players, and ALL Euro players that are being booted to PSS1.

Of course we are all affected as you mean it (indirectly) as server populations will dip and many quality players are leaving, not to come back.  I've been saying that and arguing that as reasons to stop the deal for months now.  It is already negatively affecting the game for everyone and EQ2 hasn't even transferred yet.

By 'affected' in this post (in reply to someone asking about the FAQ changes) I meant soley "directly affected" as described in the FAQ (ie we as Euros have to sign up with PSS1 if we want to keep playing and become subject to their in game currency, marketplace items, sub costs etc, maybe no/different vet awards etc, not to mention their CS).  in FAQ v1 only new Euro players would have to do this, the rest of us were grandfathered.  The second FAQ now means that ALL European players will have to deal with PSS1.

US players now, as of FAQ v2, stay exactly as they are on whatever server and their account with SOE, with Station Cash etc etc.  Nothing will happen to them.  Nothing will directly change.  They are 'unaffected' directly.  So technically the US players are now better off as they can again play on any server which the first FAQ stopped them doing.  But yes, their game experience will still suffer.

Thus FAQ v2 is worse for Euros and better for the US than FAQ v1, based on the simple facts of the deal.  This does not include how the game will change as a result, which it will, negatively, and all players will be affected equally by that.

I'm not sure where I blamed the US for anything?  I'm certainly not angry at the US in any way.  That would make no sense at all.  Just SOE (who are American on the whole, I admit).  This is all the fault of SOE, nothing to do with the players, wherever they are from.

Just summarising the difference between FAQ v1 and FAQ v2 and who was 'directly affected' (if that makes my meaning clearer).  That is all I meant.

Edited for typos.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 06-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #1168
Onorem

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

...some stuff...

By 'affected' in this post (in reply to someone asking about the FAQ changes) I meant soley "directly affected" as described in the FAQ (ie we as Euros have to sign up with PSS1 if we want to keep playing and become subject to their in game currency, marketplace items, sub costs etc, maybe no/different vet awards etc, not to mention their CS).  in FAQ v1 only new Euro players would have to do this, the rest of us were grandfathered.  The second FAQ now means that ALL European players will have to deal with PSS1.

US players now, as of FAQ v2, stay exactly as they are on whatever server and their account with SOE, with Station Cash etc etc.  Nothing will happen to them.  Nothing will directly change.  They are 'unaffected' directly.  So technically the US players are now better off as they can again play on any server which the first FAQ stopped them doing.  But yes, their game experience will still suffer.

Thus FAQ v2 is worse for Euros and better for the US than FAQ v1, based on the simple facts of the deal.  This does not include how the game will change as a result, which it will, negatively, and all players will be affected equally by that.

I'm not sure where I blamed the US for anything?  This is all the fault of SOE, nothing to do with the players, wherever they are from.

That is all I meant.

Fair enough...and I wasn't trying to target you for blaming the US players, but unless it's been moderated out (/duck for mentioning the possibility) it's relatively heavy in the past few pages. People have been blaming US players for complaining and having their complaints answered which somehow made it worse for non-us players. The complaints I make (and there have been many) are made to improve the game. I want new players. I want them from anywhere on the globe. I am against creatures from venus and mars, but won't complain if they play by our rules.

Where have they ever said it was originally based on servers? Any news that old was before they acknowledged feedback...and even then, that doesn't make it a US vs. the world situation.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #1169
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Onorem wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

...some stuff...

I'm not sure where I blamed the US for anything?  This is all the fault of SOE, nothing to do with the players, wherever they are from.

That is all I meant.

Fair enough...and I wasn't trying to target you for blaming the US players, but unless it's been moderated out (/duck for mentioning the possibility) it's relatively heavy in the past few pages. People have been blaming US players for complaining and having their complaints answered which somehow made it worse for non-us players. The complaints I make (and there have been many) are made to improve the game. I want new players. I want them from anywhere on the globe. I am against creatures from venus and mars, but won't complain if they play by our rules.

Where have they ever said it was originally based on servers? Any news that old was before they acknowledged feedback...and even then, that doesn't make it a US vs. the world situation.

(Again, this post for the most part refers to 'direct' affects of the deal)

FAQ v1, which came out after a flood of feedback following the initial annoucement, was IP based around servers.  US could only play on US servers, Euro on Euro servers.  Except existing Euros would be grandfathered on US servers and US players would NOT be grandfathered on their Euro servers.  Hugely unfair and this meant that on European servers guilds and friendship were about to be torn apart, causing considerable outcry from Euros and US alike.

When FAQ v2 came out, this outcry had actually been addressed to the shock of most players, resulting in US players getting what they wanted and now being able to play on whatever server they want, so no friendship/guild splits.  This is genuinely great, as the original plan was insane.  Thus US players, and their guildies on Euro servers were justifiably delighted.

However FAQ v2 had a sting in the tail for Euros.  No longer would existing European players on US servers be grandfathered - all of us would have to sign up with PSS1 to keep playing, whereas before many of us existing European players wouldn't need to go near them with a 10 foot barge pole or otherwise.

This is the simple reason why you will see people saying that Sony listened to US players, cos it does sort of look that way in the right light.  FAQ v2 is undeniably better for US players than FAQ v1, and FAQ v2 is undeniably worse for all European players than v1 (although those on Euro servers get the positive of being able to keep their guildies). 

It is a rare person (that I have seen in 6 months of posting here and collecting information) who can justify blaming the US players for that, or holding it against them in any way.  It is simply how SOE saw fit to modify the deal and handle the immediate player outcry over what was at the time the key issue - tearing apart guilds.  At least it does mean that we can get new players from any where in the world on any server, and no existing friendships/guilds will be split up. Which is a Very Good Thing Indeed.

Sadly it also means that Euro players are now angry that this positive change has also left THEM worse off.  It does look like, if you think about it, that SOE listened to the US players at the expense of Euro players, so inevitably some resentment at SOE for that will happen.  Given how 'sold off' us Euros increasingly feel about this (SOE just keep putting the boot in every time some redname posts), that isn't that surprising. Nevertheless the anger etc is mostly directed at SOE and their choice to listen only to US players (if they did), not US players.  (Except perhaps the few US players how make it all worse by telling us 'well we're all right now so stop complaining' as some have, sadly).  Huge amounts of wonderful US players are sympathetic to the plight of us Euro players and how it will affect the game as whole.

Its not about US against Euros.  Not even slightly.  We're all in this together - we share servers, groups, guilds and raids with players from all over the globe.  This is about both individual players AND the game as a whole.  Its all EQ2 players against SOE and its stupid, poorly considered decisions.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 06-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #1170
Liandra

Loremaster

I too am still waiting to receive this "reminder" email.

However, just knowing that it is still going ahead is enough for me to finally bite the bullet and quit for good.  I had a reoccurring sub that expired at the last week that I had cancelled until i knew what was going on.   I tried playing on Silver, but logging on to find a number of my toons inaccessible and my 90+ toons all naked due to all their DoV+ gear being legendary were deal breakers for me.

So now I am effectively kicked out the door from a game I have been playing since release.  I was even curious about EQNext however if I have to sign up with p1ss to play it, it might as well not exist as far as I am concerned.

It just seems more and more that SOE doesn't seem to care what it is doing to its long time players.  There are numerous red-name comments all assuring players that they are listening but all their actions seem to point otherwise.  Things have been going downhill for a long time now but this pss1 fiasco is the proverbial straw for me. 

Lvl 92 Alchemist / Armorer / Carpenter / Tailor / Provisioner
Liandra is offline   Reply With Quote