EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
wullailhuit

Loremaster

Yesterday , I went to get the new tradeskill asisstant in Drakur Prime (Solo) , the small NPC battle finished , I hailed him , didn't choose an option and spotted a possible add , went off to bow kill it , came back , hailed him again , all I got was 'Leave me alone you cowards' , I assumed this meant the game thought I'd chosen the 'Don't help' option automatically.

Anyway , I came back in with a new instance today , hailed him again , I'm STILL only getting the text 'Leave me alone you cowards' , no option to assist him and start the ring event.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

ive been running this zone daily since the gu launched and it works fine for me every time.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
wullailhuit

Loremaster

yohann koldheart wrote:

ive been running this zone daily since the gu launched and it works fine for me every time.

I've done this on several other characters fine , but on each of those I chose the option and did the fight....just on this one I left the dialog hanging while I killed a possible add.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
Chrol

Developer

That's intended.  You left the poor guy to die!!  

Once you enter a new version of the zone and go through that sequence it'll work for you (as long as you choose to help him).

-Chrol

Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Mogrim

Loremaster

Its not working like that.The first time I went into the zone, I hailed him and said I'd defend him. The adds started charging and my Inq Merc like a baffoon charges them, gets killed, and the despawn. NPC acts like I failed him and says to leave him to die. Every subsequent time I go into a fresh zone, thats all he will say even when fighting the guys. He holds a grudge.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
Raknid

Loremaster

Mogrim wrote:

He holds a grudge.

LOL

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Chrol

Developer

Actually yes, you are both correct.  I just double-checked the encounter and found a bug in it, which has been fixed internally.  It'll go out as soon as possible (check update notes), where the fix will be retroactive.

-Chrol

Old 04-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
Tayne

Loremaster

Yep had something similar happen .. a bit different tho .. hailed him .. the first wyverns come and knock me back to the wall .. then fly off out of reach before I can engage them (tried to send off a spell but said they were invulnerable and they just flew off) and it stopped the circle event.  No way to get it going again. Did it fine on another toon .. now this toon is locked out for 18 hours before she can try again.  And it appears even if I wait the 18 hours it won't reset? Ack.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
Chrol

Developer

Raknid wrote:

Mogrim wrote:

He holds a grudge.

LOL

That's going in the update note by the way 

-Chrol

Old 04-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
Brigh

Loremaster

Mogrim wrote:

Its not working like that.The first time I went into the zone, I hailed him and said I'd defend him. The adds started charging and my Inq Merc like a baffoon charges them, gets killed, and the despawn. NPC acts like I failed him and says to leave him to die. Every subsequent time I go into a fresh zone, thats all he will say even when fighting the guys. He holds a grudge.

You didn't have them set to passive.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster

You have to fight to get to a tradeskill guy?

Je et not understandez vous completely

Guy De Alsace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
Tayne

Loremaster

Yeah you have to go into this instance and rescue an apprentice trapped in the back of it .. talking to him spawns a circle event .. after which you get a portal/placeholder that creates the apprentice in your home. Mobs are mid 90s. The apprentice researches recipes that offer very high tier items, that sadly require raid zone rares to craft. lol right now the pair of gloves I was looking at would cost around 1200 pp.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster

Ah so the TS apprentice is for adventurer crafters only and not pure crafters?

Another paradigm shift then. Seems to be a lot of that around nowadays.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #14
Tayne

Loremaster

Well kinda sorta .. but not really. They're sellable on the broker, so even toons who aren't adv 90 can get them -- barring price inflation, etc ...

Old 04-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #15
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster

Apprentice toons are sellable on the broker?

So...you rescue a guy from certain death and then...sell him ? Isn't that kind of harsh if your a goodie? I guess it was beyond the wit of man to put a questline in like prayer shawl to get him for pure crafters, instead of...selling the poor blighter.

Guess I can file that away with the fact my Mage toons can carry the entire earth with no encumbrance penalty....

Old 04-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #16
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Yeah you have to go into this instance and rescue an apprentice trapped in the back of it .. talking to him spawns a circle event .. after which you get a portal/placeholder that creates the apprentice in your home. Mobs are mid 90s. The apprentice researches recipes that offer very high tier items, that sadly require raid zone rares to craft. lol right now the pair of gloves I was looking at would cost around 1200 pp.

Ouch!  Sounds like I would never be able to craft anything learned from these apprentices even if I did get one.  I see why they have it so you have to be able to handle a rough instance with a wave of high level mobs.  If you can't handle them, you certainly would not be able to handle the zones that have the rares you would craft with...

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
Tayne

Loremaster

Oh well now this is indeed miserable. Went back after 24 hours and redid the zone .. came to the apprentice and he's telling me to "leave me to my fate, cowards" .. after the zone bugged out the first time on me.

Any eta on when this will be fixed?

Old 04-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #18
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Well kinda sorta .. but not really. They're sellable on the broker, so even toons who aren't adv 90 can get them -- barring price inflation, etc ...

Or can be passed to your alts or friends if you want. I plan for my Main who is in forced retirement from raiding to farm that instance for my 16+ alts on guk.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #19
Sheridan-Guk

Loremaster

Well, he may not be holding a grudge any longer, but he isn't spawning for me to find out. Possibly he escaped on his own!

Now when I return to try the quest, his assaulters spawn when I approach the area. The npc doesn't spawn, so the assaulters just stand there.

(I failed the first time when drakota knockback kicked me to the back wall and the encounter broke. I haven't been able to start the ring event since then.)

Sheridan-Guk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #20
Gravy

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Oh well now this is indeed miserable. Went back after 24 hours and redid the zone .. came to the apprentice and he's telling me to "leave me to my fate, cowards" .. after the zone bugged out the first time on me.

When this happened to me I just went west and found the first wave of mobs. When I killed them the ring event continued.

The problem I have now is the guy is totally missing.

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #21
Ellenroh_001

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Well, he may not be holding a grudge any longer, but he isn't spawning for me to find out. Possibly he escaped on his own!

Now when I return to try the quest, his assaulters spawn when I approach the area. The npc doesn't spawn, so the assaulters just stand there.

(I failed the first time when drakota knockback kicked me to the back wall and the encounter broke. I haven't been able to start the ring event since then.)

This also happened to me, except that I didnt fail the first time.  After zoning in, I only killed the mobs inbetween zone in and this event.  The assulters spawned and stood there looking like they are ready to pounce, but the npc never shows.  I went on to finish the zone, and went back after killing the last named, but still no npc.

Ellenroh_001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #22
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Chrol wrote:

That's intended.  You left the poor guy to die!!  

Once you enter a new version of the zone and go through that sequence it'll work for you (as long as you choose to help him).

-Chrol

The issue I've had with the event is the first time I did it on my toon everything went fine and I got the apprentice reward.  the second, third and fourth times through the event started and the guy (white named - unattackable) spawned and some drakes and the event never "started" again.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #23
Tayne

Loremaster

Gravy wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

When this happened to me I just went west and found the first wave of mobs. When I killed them the ring event continued.

This is a problem that's happening with at least a dozen folks I talked to this morning on Freeport. The event starts with the apprentice getting beat up, only the apprentice NPC never materializes. The bad guys are there whapping at thin air, but no apprentice.

I tried this on the bugged toon as well as the one who's successfully picked up the prism at least four or five times and same situation. This appears to have started since the Tuesday patch.

Any help?

Old 04-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #24
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Gravy wrote:

Guy is totally missing, which is wesome for an 18 hour timer.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #25
Sidharrah

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

This is exactly what is happening for me as well.

Sidharrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #26
Onorem

Loremaster

Guy De Alsace wrote:

Apprentice toons are sellable on the broker?

So...you rescue a guy from certain death and then...sell him ? Isn't that kind of harsh if your a goodie? I guess it was beyond the wit of man to put a questline in like prayer shawl to get him for pure crafters, instead of...selling the poor blighter.

Guess I can file that away with the fact my Mage toons can carry the entire earth with no encumbrance penalty....

You can play "your way."

Don't sell him if you don't want to.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #27
SlashnGut

Loremaster

Of course no red name has bothered to reply to the fact that the NPC is completely missing now.

Sucha 92 Conjuror/92 Sage

Mrshal 92 Monk/92 Carpenter

Bloodwingg 92 Necromancer/92 Tailor

Tior 92 Warlock/92 Provisioner

Holyer 92 Paladin/92 Armoror

Grogg 90 Berserker/92 Alchemist

Etat 90 Bruiser/92 Jeweler

Dawizz 90 Wizard/92 Woodworker

Punting 90 Brigand

Kountdracula 90 Dirge

Omgiman 92 Warden

SlashnGut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #28
kahonen

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Not convinced that's correct, I'm afraid.

As I understand it, there are 2 new "levels" of apprentice - the one being discussed in this thread and another that is acquired in a raid zone.

The one from the heroic zone (ie the one being discussed here) doesn't require material from the raid zones, only materials from the heroic zones which.  It's the raid zone apprentice which requires the raid zone drops. 

kahonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #29
Singses
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Deviation

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Of course no red name has bothered to reply to the fact that the NPC is completely missing now.

The same happens (and always happened) for the raid version for some people - the NPC required to get a quest for the assistant in the raid zone is completely invisible for most people. Could we please at least get an aknowledgement that it is being looked into?

Singses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #30
Tayne

Loremaster

kahonen wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Not convinced that's correct, I'm afraid.

As I understand it, there are 2 new "levels" of apprentice - the one being discussed in this thread and another that is acquired in a raid zone.

The one from the heroic zone (ie the one being discussed here) doesn't require material from the raid zones, only materials from the heroic zones which.  It's the raid zone apprentice which requires the raid zone drops. 

Hrm you sure? I had been told the rare pattern/orb required to make the item dropped in raid-only zone. There are about six ingredients for each recipe -- all rare items -- but only one or two that have a pattern icon when you examine the item. I have yet to encounter any of these ingredients in the heroic zones, but that doesn't mean they're not there. The crafting community had been discussing the new apprentices, and had said the main ingredient came from raid zone.