EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
Sephio

I have the Cloak of the Bloodpact_c.tga created... but am not sure how to prepair the other files.also what would the best 3D Modeling program listed in the reccommended freeware be, in order to create the .mtl, .obj and, 3D screenshots ?My cloak is going to be flatThank you for your time

Sephio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
IceSy

Happy Camper

Not sure about Blender,. as I don't use that one. You don't need a .mtl file though, just the .obj, JPeg screen shot and the 3 maps. You can do the spec and normal maps using PhotoShop Creative Studio, if you have access to that.

IceSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
Sephio

Now all i need to do is figure out how to do the N and S .TGA files I am using GlMP 2.0what effects do i need to use on the N and S file before they are acceptable???

Sephio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
feldon30

SOE Community Council

You don't need to do anything with 3D to make a cloak. Just paint the 3 textures.

I'd investigate some of the other threads here on the Player Studio forums that talk about Cloaks and how to make the Specular and Normal maps. Specular is the shiny parts of the design. Normal is the raised/bumpy/textured parts of the design including stitches, doubled thread, etc.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
IceSy

Happy Camper

Check this post out for what they are looking for.

IceSy is offline   Reply With Quote