EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
bestow

The Quiet Type

I made the Stormlord's bludgeon. I also made these which could be in game soon  These are all for everquest 1

The one that's been in game for awhile:

bestow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
rollenzekson

Happy Camper

I really like that axe!, but it would look even better if you used a real life wood texture and then weathered it some. Same with the metal on the blade. If you need a suggestion on how to do it I would be glad to offer additional advice.

On the shield it would look better if you had all the lines of the face merged before you added layer effects. I can see the overlapping in a few spots and it would look smoother. Also play around some with the depths of the bevel, the type of bevel or emboss and the contour shape and depth to smooth the jagged egdes out. Can try to blur the lines and double them and merge the duplicates before you bevel/emboss to help with the jagged edges of the lines. It's tough I know. I am fighting the same issues on a model atm.

I did purchase the hammer when it first came out in order to support other artists. SMILEY I just wish they moved a little faster getting other items released. I have 20 items in the approval stage, but none for sale as of yet.

P.S. I really love that axe!

rollenzekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
Covic

Developer

Good start, although we have to stay away from obvious blood in our game.  It does not stay within our ESRB rating.  Sometimes we can do dark red stains.  But saturated red that is easily blood will usually side on the not accepted.

Dave

Covic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
bestow

The Quiet Type

Doesn't seem any worse than the cut in half dwarfs in Grobb, or impaled heads in Befallen. I believe I did make an alt texture without it though.

bestow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
IceSy

Happy Camper

rollenzekson wrote:

I really like that axe!, but it would look even better if you used a real life wood texture and then weathered it some. Same with the metal on the blade.

I think he was going for a "bone blade" look (not metal), in which case he achieved that. I think both look great.

IceSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
Eden_Evergreen

Happy Camper

Very dramatic, which appeals to many. Finely crafted. SMILEY

Eden_Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
Syrah

Player Studio Program Manager

I saw the axes and thought "red wine". I'm sure someone was doing aggressive vineyard pruning.

Sincerely,Syrah

Syrah is offline   Reply With Quote