EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-20-2004, 03:10 AM   #1
nickatt

When I first created mu High Elf sorc, I was thinking wizzy. I ended up picking warlock at 20, and I have been super happy with it. However, I look like an adolescent and would have gone with a different look.

Question, is there any way to change like old eq /face? Are there hooded robes to look forward to that block the face (currently lvl 25)? Any helmets or head gear that hides the pretty face?

When I think warlock, I think old crotchy man and that is what I am going for.

Thanks!!
nickatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 04:39 PM   #2
Splatterpunk28

Loremaster

No you can't change anything. 

If you don't like the way you look now, you'd be better off rerolling if it's that important to you.  It'll just get harder to do the longer you invest time in him/her.

Splatterpunk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 05:59 PM   #3
DarkSyph

A named in Stormhold near library entrance drops ruckas blouse. Nice graphics with hood imo. Also there's a Robe of the Varsoons quest that a friend of mine had recently acquired, hooded as well though am not sure which quest cause he bought it off the market.

FYI do the race collection quest, I always am running around in Ogre / Troll form for the roleplaying effect.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:42 PM   #4
Zilri

No you can't change your look, but why do a warlock have to be evil?
I myself is a Half Elf warlock, I look evil though.. almost too evil. I actually prefer staying in batform ^^
Old 12-20-2004, 07:15 PM   #5
Raminicus

Loremaster

I'm, also an High Elf Warlock

I started good and didn't betray, so in Qeynos I remain.  I have no problem having people see me in my robe and think "oh another wizard" but upon closer inspection .... "OH it's a Warlock! Cool!"

Looking good and being able to unleash such devastation in such a vile form is a very nice dichotomy for my character.

Naelin Anduial, Ranger of Qeynos
Rilvayne, ShadowKnight of Freeport
Krroog, Berzerker of Freeport
================================
Raminicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 12:23 AM   #6
Eldr

General

DarkSyphon wrote:
A named in Stormhold near library entrance drops ruckas blouse. Nice graphics with hood imo. Also there's a Robe of the Varsoons quest that a friend of mine had recently acquired, hooded as well though am not sure which quest cause he bought it off the market.
FYI do the race collection quest, I always am running around in Ogre / Troll form for the roleplaying effect.

What quest is this? My gnome needs to randomly change from ogre/troll/frog. Any help please?
Eldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 12:34 AM   #7
Darioun

Loremaster

Actually, I think the sweet and innocent little vixen spreading poison and plague across the land is very cool. :smileywink:
Darioun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 12:43 AM   #8
DarkSyph

It's the bone collection. You collect the cracked, shattered, weathered, unscathed and enchanted of a certain race, gave them to Marvos Stadrin (assuming you're Qeynosian) and ya get a Petrified Eye of (insert race here). Then ya just get a bone of the same race, put into inventory and use the petrified eye in activatable slot and use away. You need to have a bone (doesn't matter what kind, long as the same race as your petrified eye) in your inventory to be able to use it.

Hope that helps. 2am atm so don't mind the grammatical errors if any.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:56 AM   #9
Eldr

General

Thank you much. So I take it ogre and troll aren't the only options? Ratonga here I come!
Eldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 03:18 PM   #10
Zilri

got ratonga and ogre myself, alot of fun ^^
Old 12-21-2004, 06:38 PM   #11
Raminicus

Loremaster

DarkSyphon wrote:
It's the bone collection. You collect the cracked, shattered, weathered, unscathed and enchanted of a certain race, gave them to Marvos Stadrin (assuming you're Qeynosian) and ya get a Petrified Eye of (insert race here). Then ya just get a bone of the same race, put into inventory and use the petrified eye in activatable slot and use away. You need to have a bone (doesn't matter what kind, long as the same race as your petrified eye) in your inventory to be able to use it.

Hope that helps. 2am atm so don't mind the grammatical errors if any.

can you use this as often as you want or is it limited to a certain number of uses?

I'd hate to go around looking like a Dark Elf (hiding my High Elf looks) sneaking around in Nek/Commonlands and then find out I can no longer do so.

Also, does it wear off? Fade away?

Naelin Anduial, Ranger of Qeynos
Rilvayne, ShadowKnight of Freeport
Krroog, Berzerker of Freeport
================================
Raminicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 08:19 PM   #12
DarkSyph

All you need is 1 bone that correspond to the Petrified Eye of (race) in your inventory, you can cast as often as you like. It has a long duration, bout hour 50minutes. Only thing is once you zone it wears off. To date I've gotten Troll, Ogre, Dark Elf, Dwarf and Froglok. Can't seem to cast Froglok illusion tho, have to unlock it I guess. Anyways the illusions of the races is cool, only thing is you'd be bald.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:53 PM   #13
Eadric

Loremaster

Does the bone get used on activation? Or can you cast it over and over again using the same bone?
Eadric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:23 PM   #14
DarkSyph

Nope, it wont be used when ya cast it. But you need it to be able to cast the spell. Other than that, I made a mistake on the duration of the spell, it's actually 6hrs.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:05 AM   #15
Eadric

Loremaster

Groovy. Thank you.
Eadric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:44 PM   #16
nickatt

Thanks Dark Syphon and all, I did the Ogre race quest and he is one spooky looking dude, I love it! No more pretty for me! (except when I zone )

nickatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:20 AM   #17
anstas

Loremaster

Also you can try setting your moods to change your face. Try /mood angry

Maemugem Poxbringer
Halfling Warlock
Steamfont
anstas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #18
Deathspell

Loremaster

Does it matter if you give the bone collection one at the time (get a Petrified Eye for each??) or you give all bone collections at once to get the Petrified Eye to use with all?
Deathspell is offline   Reply With Quote