EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Fury
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-30-2005, 07:05 PM   #1
Aarrno

Loremaster

Is anyone else having trouble with this mob?  I'm a 48 fury and in 6 tries the best I've gotten him to is 20% health.  My gear is nothing special but it's not terrible.  What am I doing wrong? My profile: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=167186112
Old 06-30-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
Zamw

Manastone is your friend SMILEY   I only tried him once so far and beat him with little to no power left and about 40pct health.  I kept him debuffed at all times with Irritating Swarm(Master 1), Dooming Swarm(Appren IV), and Brutal Intimidation(Adept 1).   I also kept a regen up at all times and used Ferine Elixir(Adept 1) and Sproutmore's Pullulation when I needed big heals.  Make sure to use a lot of HO's and it you should beat him.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
Lego

General

Can't report having any problems here.  Previous posters suggestion of keeping him debuffed is key.  His damage ramps way down with those 3 debuffs active.  Regen yourself, HO, and make use of bloom if you need it.  It's nice to use in long drawn out fights since the power cost is regened nearly immediately just using Bat.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:50 PM   #4
Aarrno

Loremaster

The thing is...I've been doing all those things. :smileysad:
Old 06-30-2005, 11:04 PM   #5
pol

I am only 34 but was pretty easy I thought. Just kept him debuffed and HoT on myself. Had more then a 1/4 power when done. When I went to do my DoTs on him always did it in a heroic to for added damage.
pol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:03 PM   #6
Draxon0

50 Fury here-- I utterly decimate the [Removed for Content] everytime, like over 75% power left. Im in T5 Legendary , with 4 or 5 fableds. just drop ur double dots, use ho everytime and pound him with strike of storms with your hot on. Toxic Quills is nice too. And Porcupine if your 50. The fact that we can heal makes pit champion a gimpygimpgimp. Draxon 50 Fury Shadowed Strife
Draxon0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #7
darkshm

Bah, not a fan of Porcupine here. SMILEY Golden Efreeti Boots, or Screaming Mace would probably help you a lot - powerwise anyway. Granted they're both huge royal pains to get, but hey I'm just sayin'. SMILEY Obviously make sure all your 15 minute spells are ready to go and all your 15 minute buffs are up before the fight... SMILEY

Senescent - 56 Erudite Fury (Exile officer) -Befallen
Betwixt - 34 Dark Elf Defiler -Befallen
darkshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:51 PM   #8
Katx

General

I beat him last night while down a shard (am level 50).  That made it a bit tougher, esp being down some power.  Stock up on mana regen / replacement potions.  If you're having power problems, some heal potions may come in handy also.  Screaming Mace helped a bunc.

Message Edited by Katxim on 07-01-2005 08:52 AM

Guk
Katx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:56 PM   #9
Furr

Although I am level 26, I have won over 9 times now. In a row. (You should see my home. Full of boars heads). :smileywink:

The Pit Champ (PC for short) is a hard fight, but duoable. Use your HOs at all times. Include your dots when using your HOs (Helps big time). Also, regen yourself when your HPs hit orange.

I've won everytime, but I used all my mana to win. I have avg gear and all spells are adept 1 (nothing higher). I would guess he would be easier if I had fabled gear and adept 3 spells.

Old 07-02-2005, 12:25 AM   #10
Owlbe

General

Took me 2 trys to kill him.

First try I tryed to do as much damage as possible as fast as I could and I died.

Second try I tried to out last his mana then pound on him with low mana HO's.  That worked, just barely but it worked.

Gunnulf Ravenrune- Barbarian Mystic

Asheda Soulscar- Kerra Bruiser

Owlbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:20 PM   #11
Shadowgr

Think of the encounter as a marathon race, not a sprint.  If you go nuts with using power right away, you may end up having issues.  Keep debuffs up at all times.  I also used Toxic Quills early...letting him beat himself up.  As soon as he drains his mana, you have the upper edge.  Wild Bloodflow, Bloom and debuffs to keep his attacks to a minimum and to conserve your power.  HO you DoT's and Strike spell.  I didn't use Manastone and this method still left me with 30% Power when he died.  Slow and steady worked well.
Shadowgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:13 PM   #12
PKennyK

Loremaster

I beat him everytime :smileyvery-happy: My routine(all adept3) : Pristine Discord Imbued Linen Hex Doll Beastly Intimidation Irritating Swarm Seizing Brambles chain cast HO's w/DoT's Wild Bloodflow when I need I use full set of pristine augmented leather for the mitigation except for head piece(use Ancient Splitpaw Leather Skullcap - 10wis 29hp 28mp 384psn +1ordination). Screaming Mace and Pristine Cedarwood Buckler. Lowest he's gotten me was to 40% but I was fooking around and trying to see if he would go down faster if I went all out :smileywink:and used all my power. If you can get your hands on Flowing Black Silk Sash or Ancient Slayer's ring those will help with your attacks. Buff up full also, our procs are the shizzle(Bloodlust,Fae Flames,Aspect of the Shark, Feral Salve, and Barbed Skin is what I use). I am also fortunate to have an Alchy guildmate and I get him to make me some +mitigation potions which help. Use the bracelet you win too, the +crushing on it definately helps. Just wait until he is out of mana and you are set. Try to cure his spells when possible also, he puts a nasty Contagion spell on you which is bad if you have low poison resist. Good Luck!! :smileyhappy: Zhilena 50 Fury Rest In Peace Neriak

Message Edited by PKennyK on 07-04-2005 11:48 AM

PKennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:21 PM   #13
M2t

Also 50 Fury, and I rocked that dude. I used my manastone....best way to do it is hit manastone, then sylvan touch right afterwards....I also use wild bloodflow adept 3 during the fight so i dont have to heal as often. You could buy a potion for pwr regen (I have a few legondary ones...but honestly I dont see the difference from the non legondary ones) Furys have the best dps of all healers, just buff the hell out of yourself, and use dot;s, debuff target and blast away. I finished him with alittle over 50% health, and like 30% pwr left. Fableds and masters are good to use....but take quiet a bit of pwr for masters. I have ferine elixer master 1 and it takes a buttload of power. Good luck....makes you feel any better my 27 Brigand got rocked 3 times before i got him...and ended up finishing with 9% health and no pwr haha.

Auxilaryx ( 63 Brigand )
Auxilary ( 58 Fury )
Menace | Oasis
M2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #14
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

I d suggest pumping up your agi using you screaming mace hit wildbloodflow and irritating swarm and let em rip this one is a joke for furies even on hardest diff. setting imo.

Message Edited by quetzaqotl on 07-05-2005 10:40 AM

Old 07-06-2005, 03:56 PM   #15
Sunlei

Loremaster

If you don't have the above mentioned items, screaming mace,manastone,multi-fabled stuff.. et all..then i recomend using several potions. Buff up with the 30 min potions that raise your stats..many are +14. Use a food that adds to your powerpool..a pie adds 110 to my power SMILEY Then carry  and use during the fight, 2 types of damage shield potions, 2 types of heal over time, and a potion (clarity) that gives in battle power regen.

The potions have longgg reuse timers so thats why i carry 2 different kinds of each. Use the damage shield potion and all your own spell damage shield type spells at the beginning of the fight so he chews himself up while hes hitting hard and fast...load yourself up with your heal type spells that stack and load him up with debuffs and dots. Switch potions during the battle if needed, you have time to switch potions if you do it while long casting things are casting..btw always 'q' up a second cast for all the interups. 

I like the hex doll that slows their ATTACK speed (not the snare doll)however I don't slow his attack speed intill my damage shields toxic quills and best potion damage shields are about to run out as the more he hits the worse damage he takes. Then I slow him with the doll SMILEY

~Sunlei the mountian lion with lota thorns! go ahead hit me! hurt yourself SMILEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogNNbdQnKcw

training housecall!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Q2wSAKIr4
Sunlei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:17 PM   #16
Gaellen

Loremaster

Pre-combat I cast on my self: Fae Flames, Bloodlust, Feral Salve, Brambles.  For conc buffs: Incomparible Predator, Ferocity of the Hunt, Ferine Mask & Spirit, and the Bat thingy.  About half are adept 3s.  My routine is: Beastly, Weakness, Irritating Swarm, (HO starter), Deadly Swarm, Whirlwind, Wild bloodflow, (HO starter), Aching Chill, Strike of Storms.  Then I cycle HO-Deadly-Strike each time Deadly expires, occasionally throwing in HO-Whirlwind-Chill depending on power.  For heals I stick to the low power lower level spells, and regen takes care of the rest.  These are all adept 3s. I've only beaten the medium difficulty level version once, and since the loot wasn't any better, I've not tried again.  It was also a kinda close call, finished with just a tiny smudge of power left. :smileysad:
Old 07-07-2005, 07:19 PM   #17
Poops

Mistral-5, PC - 0.  And yes.. there's very good advice to follow, above listed.  I'm not in fabled gear - just the rare imbued gear.  And I don't have screaming mace, tho I have GEB.  Also have two hex dolls, 12 wis each, and a ring for 14? wis.  So that helps.  I usually just let him pound me until he's out of mana (debuffing, of course), and then start with the DoTs and DDs.  Good luck to you. SMILEY

Mistral

Poops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:46 PM   #18
darkshm

Keep in mind guys, he's probably a lot easier to kill at level 50 than say 25 or 30. Like any class we have portions of levels in our growth where we're more or less powerful. If you wind up fighting him just as all your conc buffs are getting old (about to start being replaced) and you haven't yet really started getting your later lines of heals and nukes - it's likely a much harder fight. SMILEY

Old 07-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #19
Poops

Very true Dark.. very true.  Still.. he will eat through his power quickly.  If you can keep yourself up and him debuffed as much as you can at your level, you should be ok.

Mistral

Old 07-07-2005, 10:25 PM   #20
darkshm

Yeah actually I would think that if you go in fully buffed and with all your fifteen minute spells ready you'd prevail at nearly any level. It's definitely important to stretch out that power though - if you have any mage-type friends that could toss you one or two of those power stone thingies they make before hand do it. I'd definitely recommend making sure you're using t4 or t5 +power food too. SMILEY

Old 07-07-2005, 10:47 PM   #21
Poops

Also, try to get your hands on power regen potions.. elixer of clarity, is the name, I think.  -This is if you can't find a mage with the power stone thingies SMILEY   I try not to use manastone when I'm soloing.. I think its kinda crazy to lose 680HP to get back 200someodd mana and then just have to heal yourself back up.  Just use a mana potion SMILEY

Mistral

Message Edited by Poopsie on 07-07-2005 11:48 AM

Old 07-07-2005, 11:35 PM   #22
darkshm

You're not kidding, the manastone is a harsh mistress. I'll say this though, on long raid-fights where you're (mostly) safe from getting too hurt and just spam-healing - it can be fairly important sometimes to use the manastone as soon as you're down like to even 90% power - and then keep using it every time you can. Assuming nothing else is hitting you, you'll usually by healed enough by the time it's ready again to avoid killing yourself and after say five uses the power gain really adds up. And if your group periodically needs a group heal, that'll take care of your manastone damage sorta for free. What's REALLY funny though is if you keep using it and some other overzealous raid healer just sees you getting hurt and heals you, it's kinda like you're ninja stealing power from them for you! Good times. >SMILEY

Message Edited by darkshmoo on 07-07-2005 03:36 PM

Old 07-08-2005, 07:10 PM   #23
quetzaqotl

Loremaster

hah yeah same goes for wizards cannibalizing health for mana, regen is a good friend for them if they are feeding people with power.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #24
Valkyriur

Loremaster

I've killed the pit champion 3 times.  twice he was a fighter type mob, once he was a shaman type mob.  The fighter types, I finish the fight about 30-40 % mana and full life, the shaman mob.... oooo he's alot tougher.  I found it very important to clear his dots off me, and keep him debuffed.  I was oom, and casting bloom on fumes to gain a but of health as I could.  He fired off his rune when I hit quills with his life ~10% and healed back up to 80.  Over all, shaman I was sweating it a bit.  If you get a fighter class champion, he is easy.
Valkyriur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:16 PM   #25
Allyra

Loremaster

I think I've had a shaman all three times I've tried this.  The first two times, I got him down to around 10%, then I ran out of HP and power....

The third time, I went in with some potions and a new strategy.  (The second time, I also had potions, but my strat was still flawed.)  My plan was just to outlast his power.

As buffs, I used Fae Flames, Bloodlust, Feral Salve, Brambles.  For conc buffs Incomparible Predator, Ferocity of the Hunt, Ferine Mask, Ferine Spirit, and Spirit of the Bat.  All my spells are Adept I, because I am poor and unlucky! SMILEY

My gear is decent, but nothing spectacular.

As soon as I could target him, I pulled with Beastly Intimidation.  As he ran over, I hit Wild Bloodflow, then Toxic Quills when he reached me.  I kept him debuffed with Irritating Swarm and Intimidation, putting Dooming Swarm on him when I could.  Other than that, I just hit him with my scimitar and concentrated on staying alive until he ran out of power.  Getting his DoTs off really helped.  Once he was OOP, I started casting my DoTs and DDs, using HOs.  I did have to blow both my no-mana instants to stay alive.  I finished with about 5% power and maybe 70% health (I was in the yellow, but only just).  He does seem to have some kind of nasty attack when he gets low on health.  (That was when I used my second no-mana heal.)

So it is doable, even if you aren't uber! SMILEY

Old 07-11-2005, 09:02 PM   #26
Zazt

General

I'm 1-1 with the Pit Master at the Very Difficult level. I lost the first and won the second. Both tough fights since he seems to have high Melee mitigation and I miss most of the time. lol My gear is pretty standard, t5 rare armour, GEB, SM and one fabled neckpiece  (nothing thrilling) Had i used potions it would have been a bit easier. Pacing is the key, don't blow your load early :p

Message Edited by Zaztur on 07-11-2005 10:03 AM

"She may live in another country, and she may not really be a she, but she's your imaginary girlfriend, dammit!"
Zazt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:55 AM   #27
Ziltus Noilr

General

Didn't know pit champion has diff class version, I tried the very difficult version once and fail when he left 20%.  Since the rewards are the same for normal, difficult and very difficult version, I didn't bother to re-try.  Perhaps I will try again later.

Anyway just to share abit of tactics on how to take the champion:

1. Buffs yaself fully, including all the procs/dps buffs. Cast all of them no matter how low dam is the proc, every bits of effort count.

2. Target yaself and cast wild bloodflow when the champion is abt to turn targetable. 

3. Target champion, turn on combat mode and pull with Beastly Intimidation & Irritating Swarm (I have a hotkey to cast both in one shot).

4. Chain HO, rotating Whirlwind, Dooming Swarm and Chill as 1st strike, Strike of Storms as 2nd strike to complete the HO.

5. Use manastone/GEB/SM if possible.

Good luck. SMILEY

Blackburrow Server

Ziltus Noilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:22 PM   #28
Blifamen

Loremaster

Zaztur wrote:
I'm 1-1 with the Pit Master at the Very Difficult level. I lost the first and won the second.
Both tough fights since he seems to have high Melee mitigation and I miss most of the time. lol

My gear is pretty standard, t5 rare armour, GEB, SM and one fabled neckpiece  (nothing thrilling)
Had i used potions it would have been a bit easier. Pacing is the key, don't blow your load early :p

Message Edited by Zaztur on 07-11-2005 10:03 AM

The 3rd time was the charm for me. What was different on final fight vs. the 1st two fights were:

1. Added a ring of wisdom and one of agility.

2. Did NOT go out for a quick kill..... I let it hit me a few times THEN casted my Bloodflow, followed by what most others are saying ....keep that thing debuffed.

Pacing for a longer fight instead of quick one and a few more Agi. and Wis. were all it took. The fight was still a bit closer than I liked but it did the job. Don't give up and good luck to all my Brother and Sister Fury's.

Blifamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:24 AM   #29
SpritRaja

Loremaster

I havent lost once against teh Champion did the very dificult one a couple of time too SMILEY

I learnt early on how to solo single heroics and just used this tried and true method. Like evryone else is saying you buff yourself completely and pull mob with debuff cast HOT then keep yourself healed and mob debuffed until he is oop then you can start HO nuking to get his health down faster if your procs havent nearly killed him already.

My only trouble is deciding if I want the extra power Vim will give me or the extra HP from Ferocity of the Hunt

The champion would take much longer if  Ididnt have SM and manastone though need to still get my GEBs

SpritRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:53 AM   #30
Zazt

General

I'm not sure what changes were made on the Pit Master re-training but I went 1 for 2 today (hardest lvl) . I'm glad to see it's still not easy.  

"She may live in another country, and she may not really be a she, but she's your imaginary girlfriend, dammit!"
Zazt is offline   Reply With Quote