EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Zone Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2018, 02:35 AM   #31
Chrol

Developer

I'll specify that it's the cliffs to the southwest. I could have sworn that was the southwest, though, not the mud pools!

That would be a bug. There should be always be a muddite lurcher for every minimud. I'll see if I can reproduce it and get it fixed. As for the warning about killing the minimuds, there is one in chat that is only displayed once, which could get lost, so I'll update it to show on screen and show again after some time has passed.

Thanks for the feedback!
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #32
Elinea

I don't know if it had to do with the fact that I killed an awful lot of muddites before I realized the minimuds needed to be killed too. Try leaving the mini things up after each muddite kill to see if the numbers don't match up after a bit. I'll go back and reset the zone to see if I can make it happen again.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:59 PM   #33
Chrol

Developer

I put a couple extra muddite lurchers to help alleviate this. I still wasn't able to reproduce it but hopefully with 8 lurchers and 6 minimuds, this issue won't happen again.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:52 AM   #34
CyphKye

Heaper

I have been following the wiki guide for this zone ([Solo] for the Sign. line) and I have killed Glimmerstone so far. I spawned Heaper but I can't kill him and would love some tips. I try to kill the adds when they spawn, but I just manage to kill the three and return to Heaper (who is at full health again at this point), before the next three adds join us. If I try to burn Heaper the adds stack up until they overcome my healer mercenaries abilities to keep up and I die.

Any tips would be great Smile
Old 10-18-2018, 04:14 PM   #35
Chrol

Developer

Missed some messaging when he applies Emerald Dust. It will state that it can be dispelled or removed via application of a state effect (stun, stifle, root, etc.). He also had one too many adds spawning at once, so that'll be fixed. Thanks!
Old 10-18-2018, 09:23 PM   #36
Sigrdrifa

I've fought him once, on my conjy. I never let him get out in the Forest Barrens, so I guess I had no idea the emerald dust was an issue in the fight. Slow, stun, root, snare, maybe taunts -- those might be helpful in keeping Heaper on the ramp that leads from Forrest Barrens up to the Collapsed Mesa. I whalloped him with Ascensions, the Gathering Goblin merc kept aggro, and I mage-cured and pot-cured as needed.

I'll have to see what happens on my paladin or mystic.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:11 PM   #37
CyphKye

Thanks for the feedback.

SPOILER

I clicked on all the crystals to remove them as I noticed that when he moved it was to reach a crystal to make it explode. When I removed all the crystals before the fight he never moved but stayed in his starting position all fightm and it was much easier to burn him down (along with adds).
Old 10-24-2018, 04:53 PM   #38
elflover

For solo , the last fight only issue i had was being constantly rooted. There was only a few seconds in between being re-rooted again and again etc the whole fight, but has no issues killing the 2.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:34 PM   #39
Sigrdrifa

You have to move as soon as the roots show, there's a tick before they really root you. You can target the roots and kill them and move, which you may have to do if Koni casts a tree.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:35 AM   #40
Asherman

Heroic

Glimmerstone - passive damage from Gleaming Upheaval seems very high. Hitting people in the group for 150M - 350M a tick.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:31 PM   #41
Chrol

Developer

For solo, you should be able to resist the root effects if you have root immunity. I'll get that in for tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:22 AM   #42
elflover

Well thats the problem i didnt see the roots til i was rooted, but I was able to do enough damage that it didnt matter...was just annoying.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:12 AM   #43
Mercychalice

had an art glitch happened where I put a snowball down, and the last section before the portal out seemed to only show the last third of the bridge. I just thought she missed a section and broke the snowball very far away, but it appeared that there was a very large gap over the first part of the last snowball..... I didn't think to take a screenshot before I left, but I did make a diagram to try to make it a little clearer which section I am referring to XD The portion of the last snowball which fell on the platform "landside" rendered, only the portion over water didn't render.

[IMG]
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:50 AM   #44
Donilla

i discovered the snowballs, when placed in the correct area, cause the water to freeze and make a bridge for you. when you cross that way, the teleport opposite her works and you can get out.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:54 PM   #45
Sigrdrifa

This is the way it has been for me every time I've done it. I do feel that the ice should all be on top of te water, because it's non-intuitive to try running across that watery gap.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:12 PM   #46
Mercychalice

thank you. Smile but i am aware of this. i am saying that part of the last snowball rendered underwater except for the part that was on land. i could still walk on it, but the appearance of the bridge wasn't there.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:46 PM   #47
Mercychalice

here, i managed to break it again, and catch a screenshot this time.
[IMG]
Old 11-05-2018, 08:47 AM   #48
Mercychalice

it wasn't like this for the first three alts I've ran, only for the last 3. so something changed, or needs fixed. Smile