EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Darkmoogle

Loremaster

OK so I go and buy 30 tickets being that there rebated and used 23 of them and noticed on the loot crate that the pridewing has been removed.... but it's listed on the ticket. Has anybody looted this mount since yesterday?

Darkmoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
SteelPiston

Loremaster

Interesting. They were probably removed so that they can sell them. Expect to see them in the SC store soon for 2450SC.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
griffon_lady

Loremaster

Ok.. I bought a lot of tickets (claimed the goblin gold on all but the mounts and then bought more tickets) and I was worried after 20 or so that the Majestic Pridewing was on the loot list when you examine the ticket, but not when you examine the crate. I'm going to be furious if they removed the lion from the loot table on that chest because a) that's the only item i wanted and b) i just finished playing my 200th or so game with the goblins.... no lion... So do i have bad luck? I know that's basiocaly what they'll tell me if i ask. 

Thing is, I've been trolled by another game like this (wizard 101). I farmed a boss for a month or so no item/pet drop. I asked CS if the item had been removed from game, they told me to keep farming that boss. I found out a few days later from a fan site that the item had been removed a couple months before the CS told me to keep farming that spot...

And after the whole thing with the missing 5th dragon pet... who knows?

griffon_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
Avianna
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Ronin

Loremaster

I think that if indeed there was on the ticket you purchase the pridewing but not in the crate that there could be some legal ramifications from false advertising on SOE's part. However, it would prolly take a class action from the playerbase.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I think that if indeed there was on the ticket you purchase the pridewing but not in the crate that there could be some legal ramifications from false advertising on SOE's part. However, it would prolly take a class action from the playerbase.

ther is no legal ramifications, the op is saying they removed it from the crate. its not advertised on the crate so they arent falsly advertising anything.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Afista

Loremaster

yohann koldheart wrote:

its not advertised on the crate so they arent falsly advertising anything.

It's advertised on the Game Ticket - which is the item being sold. Unless there is another loot crate specifically for that item, it IS false advertising and anyone who bought goblin game tickets trying to obtain this item should be refunded their SC.

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

yohann koldheart wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

ther is no legal ramifications, the op is saying they removed it from the crate. its not advertised on the crate so they arent falsly advertising anything.

It's advertised on the ticket. If it's not available, it should be removed from the ticket, & people who bought them should have at least some of their SC refunded.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
Mohee

Lord

This has been going on for about a month, and no answer from any red names confirming anything. Starting to make players think the reason they aren't confirming that they removed it, is because they want you to spend your money for a reward that isn't there. Kind of a dirty trick if you ask me,  dangling a carrot in front of you that doesn't exist!

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521659

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Afista wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

its not advertised on the crate so they arent falsly advertising anything.

It's advertised on the Game Ticket - which is the item being sold. Unless there is another loot crate specifically for that item, it IS false advertising and anyone who bought goblin game tickets trying to obtain this item should be refunded their SC.

IF they paid station cash for it that they actually bought, but then again the tos does state that the game is subject to change without warning, so that is covered

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

u could always test it out by trying to get one on beta with free sc. ive won 400 times and not gotten one yet there. yes, literally. i kept track of tickets i bought in stacks of 200.
ArtemisClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
Avianna

Loremaster

IF they paid station cash for it that they actually bought, but then again the tos does state that the game is subject to change without warning, so that is covered

Well yes in the sence that if they want it out of game they are free to do so at anytime without warning is covered, however to advertise on the ticket that you have a chance to win XX and reality is there is no chance to win XX then it is false advertising and illegal. the only downside is what is your recourse? The items in game are property of sony and contain no actual cash value so to put a price on what it is worth is where the stickiness comes in. With a good lawyer you could prove false advertising and be reimbursed the SC you spent on it. But who wants to hire a lawyer, take sony to court, fight for who knows how long and spend how much in lawyer fees when the end result is ok fine you win here is you $20 worth of SC you spent.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #12
Avianna

Loremaster

best action would be to boycott SC Marketplace completely untill it is resolved. purchase nothing from the marketplace and more importantly do not buy ANY SC, get that attitude with all of us together in it and then sony's pocketbook takes a hit and action will be taken to correct it fast.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #13
Mohee

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

best action would be to boycott SC Marketplace completely untill it is resolved. purchase nothing from the marketplace and more importantly do not buy ANY SC, get that attitude with all of us together in it and then sony's pocketbook takes a hit and action will be taken to correct it fast.

agreed.

Doesn't matter if they rightfully can or can't do something.

The fact is, if they make a change like this, we as players want to know about it so we dont continue to waste our money trying to get a prize that is suddenly, and without warning, unobtainable anymore.

It's just bad business practice. Which will create more negative attitude in general. And i'm sure even for a quick buck, no company, including SOE, wants a bunch of terrible stuff being spread via Word of Mouth about them.

I remember quite a while back them saying they were going to communicate more with the community and be more transparent. Still waiting for that to happen SOE... and this could be a prime example, you could have let the community know of this kind of change.

Like I said before, this issue has been going on for OVER a month and no confirmation from a Dev. People just keep spending their money in hopes of getting this prize, which obvisouly by now we know (probably thousands and thousands of dollars later game wide) doesn't drop anymore.

Like Avianna said, quit spending your money on SC! Thats the only way to show them how we truly feel since we'll never get a straight answer (or apparently ANY answer) from SOE.

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #14
Darkmoogle

Loremaster

Went ahead and /petitioned and got a reply back:

GM Feyodor here, and it's a display issue only. The Majestic Pridewing is still a possible prize even though it's not currently listed on the mysterious crate. We've reported the glitch to our QA and Development Teams for review, and it should be added back onto the list as soon as possible, however, I assure you it is still winnable regardless. I hope this information was helpful in giving you a little peace of mind, as your efforts to acquire it have not been in vain! If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to update this petition at your convenience. Respectfully,GM FeyodorEverQuest IISony Online Entertainment

After reading I thought maybe lets try this again. Used up the tickets I had and bought another 15. 10 tickets later and I got the Majestic Pridewing.

Darkmoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #15
SteelPiston

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Went ahead and /petitioned and got a reply back:

GM Feyodor here, and it's a display issue only. The Majestic Pridewing is still a possible prize even though it's not currently listed on the mysterious crate. We've reported the glitch to our QA and Development Teams for review, and it should be added back onto the list as soon as possible, however, I assure you it is still winnable regardless. I hope this information was helpful in giving you a little peace of mind, as your efforts to acquire it have not been in vain! If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to update this petition at your convenience. Respectfully,GM FeyodorEverQuest IISony Online Entertainment

After reading I thought maybe lets try this again. Used up the tickets I had and bought another 15. 10 tickets later and I got the Majestic Pridewing.

I'm happy that you finally got the flying lion mount. I wonder if GM Feyodor put it in your bag? Maybe we should all do a /petition before buying more tickets SMILEY

Old 10-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #16
Antaeus

Loremaster

I remain unconvinced. I played about 250 times (obsessive, I know) on Sunday 30SEP12. No MP, and the loot tables seem to be nerfed (or maybe it was just crap luck all day)...

Old 10-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #17
Ahma

Assoc. Producer

Hey folks! As GM Feyodor said, this is a display issue only. People can win the Majestic Pridewing from the Goblin Games--and there are a number who have won it.  The Pridewing is an elusive beast, though.  

Sorry for the confusion on the loot list.  We're getting that fixed right now.

Abby "Ahma" Watt

Associate Producer

EverQuest II
Ahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #18
Antaeus

Loremaster

Thanks for the reply, but how elusive are we talking about? It's getting pretty frustrating chasing this thing...

Old 10-02-2012, 03:17 AM   #19
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

prolly about as elusive as winning a mount of a raid boss...if not more so.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
Antaeus

Loremaster

If that were the case, I'd have half a dozen by now...

Old 10-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #21
Ahma

Assoc. Producer

Ahma wrote:

Hey folks! As GM Feyodor said, this is a display issue only. People can win the Majestic Pridewing from the Goblin Games--and there are a number who have won it.  The Pridewing is an elusive beast, though.  

Sorry for the confusion on the loot list.  We're getting that fixed right now.

The Mysterious Crate text has been updated and now includes the Majestic Pridewing in the Possible Rewards list.

On a related note, the October Goblin Games Tickets have been given out--extra chances to capture your Pridewing!  Good luck.

Abby "Ahma" Watt

Associate Producer

EverQuest II
Ahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #22
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Ahma wrote:

The Mysterious Crate text has been updated and now includes the Majestic Pridewing in the Possible Rewards list.

On a related note, the October Goblin Games Tickets have been given out--extra chances to capture your Pridewing!  Good luck.

Is it some kind of inside joke that you have to wait one minute between claiming each one of the goblin tickets?

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #23
NikkiT

Loremaster

It's not a joke, rewards have always been throttled to one per 60 seconds. This is to prevent the database from being overloaded...claims are accountwide so heavy /claim-ing could possibly affect not only one but all servers or even all SOE games, which is Not Good (tm).

Old 10-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #24
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Someone needs to learn to use transactions.

In other news just got the pridewing from my free ticket.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #25
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

It's not a joke, rewards have always been throttled to one per 60 seconds. This is to prevent the database from being overloaded...claims are accountwide so heavy /claim-ing could possibly affect not only one but all servers or even all SOE games, which is Not Good (tm).

I remember Rothgar saying one or two Fan Faires ago (I think last year, before he got yanked to EQN) that he'd look at lowering that timer. Wonder if he ever got the chance to, it'd be nice for it to be 15-30 seconds instead.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #26
Antaeus

Loremaster

Nah, this is BS. I must have played over 400 times by now (not hyperbole), and nothing. Oh well, SOE has got it's last dime out of me for SC, F2P here I come. Good job driving someone who actually pays you away from the game with your moronic baby games...

Old 10-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #27
Antaeus

Loremaster

Also, maybe it's time to talk to the authorities about SOE's gambling site, you know, since it's illegal to gamble in many states...

Old 10-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #28
Geothe

Loremaster

Antaeus wrote:

Also, maybe it's time to talk to the authorities about SOE's gambling site, you know, since it's illegal to gamble in many states...

Its not gambling though.You purchase the right to play a test of skill.  That is the loophole, and the reason why the ticket is for a simplistic "game" as opposed to a direct chance of loot. 

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #29
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

I am going to close this down since the main reason that it was started has been solved now.  Thank you!