EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Pixiewrath
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Aristocrats

Loremaster

I am a bit tired of hearing the Freeport Theme everytime I am logging in to the game. Especially since I am a good aligned character.Yes, Freeport was reborn. And before that it was the War theme.But the Everquest II Theme is the true classic and I wish I could hear this upon logging in again...Any chances of EQ2 to get back the EQ2 theme?

Pixiewrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Brigh

Loremaster

You can probably insert it yourself, backing up the current music, and renaming your music as the name of the current so it plays. You can do this with any of the music in the folder. It may be overwritten on patches though.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
Calthine

ZAM EQII

I'm with Pixie.  I missed the EQII theme when they brought the Zek music in, and would like it back.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Hamervelder

Loremaster

The classic theme is still there, I think.  You just need to find it, copy it to your custom music folder, and rename it appropriately.  I have one of the Faydark themes playing as my main theme rather than the horrid War theme currently.  SMILEY

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
Zorastiz
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dressed To Kill

Loremaster

Day 1 in EQ2 I turned off ALL music and have never turned it back on, I hated it in EQ1 and didn't want to listen to this games version of it!

Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
Brigh

Loremaster

Wow...how can you hate the sailing theme, the Kelethin theme, the Qeynos bard guild theme, the reggae othmir theme, etc?

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
Morrias
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dynasty Reborn

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Day 1 in EQ2 I turned off ALL music and have never turned it back on, I hated it in EQ1 and didn't want to listen to this games version of it!

The EQ2 music is actually quite well done, aside from Velious for whatever reason.. Not too impressed with the Velious music..

Also +1 for switching back to the classic theme..

Morrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
cookiedough

Champion

I've been wanting to figure this out myself, perfect timing. 

What you first want to do is create a folder named custom_music inside your main EQ2 directory, create another folder inside of that called zones, and another called _exp08.

Then head over to the main music folder and look for eq2shorttheme.mp3, copy and paste that in your _exp08 folder back in custom_music and re-name it to MX_GU62_MAIN_THEME.mp3.

I noticed though after it gets done playing, it loops the newer Faydark music. To fix that, copy eq2shorttheme.mp3 again and place it in your zones folder back in the custom_music folder, and re-name it to CharacterCreate.mp3. And mission complete!

cookiedough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
Iad

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

Wow...how can you hate the sailing theme, the Kelethin theme, the Qeynos bard guild theme, the reggae othmir theme, etc?

no idea, but the kelethin theme is instant nostalgia overload for me.

The EQ composer actually has an album Amazon that I purchased a while back that is decent if you enjoy the music. http://www.amazon.com/The-Original-...4522&sr=8-3

Iad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
Pixiewrath
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Aristocrats

Loremaster

It's true we can rename then. We could probably even make Rammstein our theme song.But the question is, won't the launcher mess it up when it compares the file sizes and see they differ?Or doesn't the launcher do that?

Pixiewrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
cookiedough

Champion

Renaming them is the only way you can change the ingame music. Looks like you're right though, the client crashes or at least it does when zoned in Freeport.

My character kept crashing a few seconds after loading, so I made a test character in NH and nothing happened. After that I deleted the custom_music folder and that stopped the crashing. Don't know why 

cookiedough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #12
Deago

Loremaster

I am waiting for the halflings to take back Rivervale and pop in that groovy tune from eq1.  I used to get 'crunk' on Friday nights listening to that tune.  Put that strobe light on and just get down with some jumjum.

Put that on a cd...roll the windows down...crank it up stroll around the city.  That my friends is how you pick up the ladies.  Jumjum power!

Old 03-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #13
Ealthina

Loremaster

I turned off the music in about 1999/2000 in eq1 and never turned it back on..  I can't stand the music in games.  I always turn all game music off.

Ealthina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #14
Gravy

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

I turned off the music in about 1999/2000 in eq1 and never turned it back on..  I can't stand the music in games.  I always turn all game music off.

I keep the sound effects up but turn down music and combat music. But I listen to Radio Rivendell while adventuring.

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #15
Halo of G4

Loremaster

Best soundtrack for expansions was DoF. Also is there a copy of the original loading music that came with DoF and KoS?

Added Raid Zone:

The Goldrush: Dwell into the depths of RED base to defeat the Heavy, a powerful foe that even the Nameless fears.

Halo of G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #16
Aardvarkus
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: The Bucket Brigade

Loremaster

I'd be content if it picked one theme and stuck with it.  Right now I get the Freeport Reborn theme as the game is initially loading up, and someone was even clever enough to time the popup of the login box (if you don't use the launcher and log in directly) with the climax of the opening theme.  That was a nice touch.  But then just when I'm starting to get into the music, it immediately shifts to the Character Select theme when I start logging a character, even as it stayed with the Freeport theme at the character select screen itself.  This makes no sense and leaves me hearing a too-short snippet of both themes. It's very awkward and disjointed.

Aardvarkus is offline   Reply With Quote