EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #2371
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

I'm sorry, but from my experience of games companies (thanks to hubby), a 'publishing deal' does not usually involve making some players have to use a third party account to continue playing, let alone region locking.  Plenty of games have different publishers in different parts of the world - thats normal.  Even of established games.  Its been done before.  What isn't normal is to split the players like this and force half your players to open accounts with a third party that so clearly segregates those players in more ways than one.

There is no way in hell this is "just a publishing deal". If it was, it would NOT be this complicated or messed up, it really, really wouldn't. The players would barely have needed to know, let alone have their game experience affected so badly.

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #2372
isest

Loremaster

Zenorith wrote:

Does this feesl like the SWG drama all over again to anyone else? This does not bode well for the game at all.

Kind of feels like EQ and EQ2 are about to die and they think everyone will just jump aboard EQNext. I think they have it wrong. You screw over your loyal fans and they will not go anywhere near your new game.

This really for the first time feels like the death of everything EQ.

Yes I think I said that a few times now, it is really too bad that Smedley really has not learned from past mistakes.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #2373
Helanor

Loremaster

A question will ip locking still apply to future games? Only if it does then I cant buy them even if any appealed to us, I play with long time friends in the States, even if it means buying game copies from the States like I had to do with Age of Conan etc. 

Oh and one more point.. the old competition chestnut.  It isnt true.  There is no reason that you cant have games and in game prizes for countries outside the US.  It's just SOE refusing to do it, there are ways and means.  Turbine has no problem with organising contests for those outside the US.  With separate regions they just organised two contests for things like the design a horse contest, and now the various servers are united everyone has access to their prize lotteries, which we didnt when the regions were separated, you enter on their website, and can win in game prizes, including the exclusive store mounts which are very nice. I've won several very nice little prizes so far. If Turbine can do it, SOE can.

Helanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #2374
Faytle

Lord

Metaphores and analogies are best when they reflect the reality they represent. In this case 'being sold' is pretty accurate IMHO. The rights to our Norrathian lives have been sold to another company.

But, if you prefer, I suggested an alternative analogy in a previous post - buried back on p119 if anyone wants to dig - that of a prestige car owner being told by the car manufacturer that from now on their car would be looked after by a dodgy backstreet chopshop.

The EQ franchise is still a prestige one - if it were not you'd not be calling the next big fantasy MMO you have in production EQ anything at all. SOE is also (supposedly) a prestigious online gaming company.

You have told all your EU customers that from now on they are going to have to trust their gaming future to a gaming publisher that clearly has absolutely zero knowledge and experience in this type of game and a reputation for ruining any half-way decent games they have ever got their hands on.

Aside the incredibly crass way this whole fiasco has been handled over region locking, we in Europe go look at the Alaplaya site and firstly cringe (unless we are 13) and then look deeper and feel appalled.

Regardless of advertising, creative input etc. etc. all of which might be fine (or not - I can just imagine an advert for EQ2 anime style!) these people are clearly horrendous at running games and offering CS!

I bought a' prestige car' from a reputable firm - what could anyone possibly say that could ever make me willing to trust it into the hands of mechanics renowned for not stopping dodgy dealings, incredibly shoddy workmanship and money-milking short-cuts? 

That is not a rhetorical question, it is one I would most sincerely like an answer to please.

Piestro wrote:

Hey folks,

There is something I want to clear up. A lot of people are talking about how the EU servers and players are being "sold off". And that's very clearly how many people feel and we can respect that. When we're discussing feelings that makes total sense. We get that it feels this way to many of you.

Unfortunately, as language sometimes does, this has sort of run away with itself. It has all sorts of implications that aren't true, and these implications lead to misunderstanding. 

The above is my opinion. As such it may well be flawed and, if it is, I am very happy to learn how and why that is so. However, it is my opinion, so please treat it gently, kindly and with respect. Thank You.
Faytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #2375
Seffrid

Loremaster

Zenorith wrote:

Does this feesl like the SWG drama all over again to anyone else?

I was around at that time, and this feels far worse to me.

For developers to destroy their own game is one thing, for them to destroy their community is something else altogether.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #2376
Enathalia

Loremaster

If you enter "prosiebensat.1 alaplaya" in google, alaplaya homepage is not (anymore) on the top of the search results.

It's massively joystiq and eq2wire.

Note: Even if you don't see prosiebensat.1 on the alaplaya page, it is in the metadata for the search robots.

Some datamining bots of the investment analyst will pick this change up.

Note: the ranking may also depend on the cookies that google stored in your browser.

But the trend is clear alaplay homepage is loosing the ranking.

Enathalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #2377
isest

Loremaster

Faytle wrote:

Metaphores and analogies are best when they reflect the reality they represent. In this case 'being sold' is pretty accurate IMHO. The rights to our Norrathian lives have been sold to another company.

But, if you prefer, I suggested an alternative analogy in a previous post - buried back on p119 if anyone wants to dig - that of a prestige car owner being told by the car manufacturer that from now on their car would be looked after by a dodgy backstreet chopshop.

The EQ franchise is still a prestige one - if it were not you'd not be calling the next big fantasy MMO you have in production EQ anything at all. SOE is also (supposedly) a prestigious online gaming company.

You have told all your EU customers that from now on they are going to have to trust their gaming future to a gaming publisher that clearly has absolutely zero knowledge and experience in this type of game and a reputation for ruining any half-way decent games they have ever got their hands on.

Aside the incredibly crass way this whole fiasco has been handled over region locking, we in Europe go look at the Alaplaya site and firstly cringe (unless we are 13) and then look deeper and feel appalled.

Regardless of advertising, creative input etc. etc. all of which might be fine (or not - I can just imagine an advert for EQ2 anime style!) these people are clearly horrendous at running games and offering CS!

I bought a' prestige car' from a reputable firm - what could anyone possibly say that could ever make me willing to trust it into the hands of mechanics renowned for not stopping dodgy dealings, incredibly shoddy workmanship and money-milking short-cuts? 

That is not a rhetorical question, it is one I would most sincerely like an answer to please.

Piestro wrote:

Hey folks,

There is something I want to clear up. A lot of people are talking about how the EU servers and players are being "sold off". And that's very clearly how many people feel and we can respect that. When we're discussing feelings that makes total sense. We get that it feels this way to many of you.

Unfortunately, as language sometimes does, this has sort of run away with itself. It has all sorts of implications that aren't true, and these implications lead to misunderstanding. 

To use the word misunderstanding is correct.  How else would you classify this then.  They will publish the game, and you will have to use their launcher, their services, their help desk, on use them to access your accounts. You will not be using soe to access your ps1 accounts.  How is this not a sale or transfer of assets to a foreign company?

Also is anybody not scared that PS1 does not have the manpower, or the staff, or the know how to publish the game?  This is exactly what code-masters use to do for Turbine.  The were still a separate company, and really did so badly that Turbine had to eventually fire code-masters and bring the game back under their control.

Oh well I guess I am just confused myself.  

Old 02-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #2378
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Loving how the media is gradually getting hold of this, whether its because of the plight of the EQ2 community (which, lets face it, most of the gaming media don't even know exists, its all WoW, WoW, WoW out there) or Planetside 2, which a LOT of people are looking forward to.

'Rock Paper Shotgun' have a multinational Planetside outfit and are being vocal about the likely region-locking of Planetside 2. 

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Old 02-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #2379
Ki'lum

Loremaster

Piestro, I am a little taken aback by your comment that part of the reason for this deal is so that we (YOUR Customers) in Europe will be able to get local support in our own language.

ENGLISH is my language and I already had support in it! Have you read the grammatically incorrect and sometimes extreemely difficult to understand broken English on your new SOE's partners forum's? This includes statements made by thier management? What sort of service will I get?

While your statement maybe true for the rest of Europe it certainly is not true for those of us in the UK.

While I am writing this I have thought of a few more things that SOE may have 'overlooked'.

1. Will ProSieben be charging it's new UK customers in Euro's or £'s sterling?

2. If they are charging in Euro's will we in the UK have to pay bank fees to convert to Euro's?

3. What rate (If any) of VAT will we have to pay and will it be inclusive or exclusive of the advertised payment plan/s that they put in place?

4. If I have my characters on a US server and I wish to create more will I be able to do so?

5. If I buy a new computer and have to reload EQ2 will I still be able to play on US Servers or will I keep getting directed to  ProSieben?

I have many, many more questions about this but some are similar to those that have already been asked and all I have seen are vague none-answers that skirt around the questions. So I will wait and see if you can answer these simple questions 1st.

PS. I am not really worried if you answer these or not. There is no way I will ever become a customer of ProSieben, however others may like to know.

Ki'lum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #2380
Cagefighter

Loremaster

Piestro - I'm sorry to say you are just getting in deeper. The replies to concerns on the last few pages are disconcerting.

Semantics. 

We Brits are well used to reading between the lines, we have spin doctors coming out the ears over here. Sorry - but we don;t want pro7 - however you dress it up.

People expressing concern about not getting updates at the same time are pefectly reasonable - the korean mmo they have got patched with new content, and the pro7 euro version didn't. Much more like that.

Also - we don;t want things added to the marketplace to win the game, weapons armor etc. No thank you.

Bottom line, thansk for taking the time to answer, but from the tone of your feedback so far, it seems eq2 is done for me, and many others.

Cancelled everything, deleted CC details, playing Rift Lite, and probably subbing there while waiting for Guild Wars 2.

I'm just sorry I've given you guys somewhere in the region of £2000 over the last few years. 

I made that investment, both in time and cash - based on the longevity of EQ1, and my perception of it as a game and publisher with integrity.

Player, investor and supporter from launch, gone.

If it moves stab it - if it doesn't move, sew it. Sometimes if it moves, stab it and then sew it - then sell it.
Cagefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #2381
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Kilum wrote:

5. If I buy a new computer and have to reload EQ2 will I still be able to play on US Servers or will I keep getting directed to  ProSieben?

*** This is a VERY good question. If we are IP checked will we (Euros who play on US servers) still be able to download the client from SOE if we need to reinstall for whatever reason (as I did recently thanks to a virus) and not get directed the the PSS1 client/launcher site?

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 02-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #2382
Cagefighter

Loremaster

I'm so angry. 

Just typing the ammount I've now spent, and thinking over the times I've had playing this game - and just unbelievable to have been put in this position. 

I am disgusted.

I will never buy or use another SOE product.

If it moves stab it - if it doesn't move, sew it. Sometimes if it moves, stab it and then sew it - then sell it.
Cagefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #2383
Madgincia

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

HI!

sorry if you have already answered these question piestro, but can you clarify some points for me please.

a. can i move my toons from Splitpaw to a U.S server?

b. if I can do a., I don't have to sign up to PSS1?, I can still use SoE's launchpad as normal? and pay SoE as normal?

I don't care why and who gets to publish the game and all this, my main concern is who keeps hold of my billing info. I do understand that SoE are doing this because it helps promote the games farther afield in different countries and all that thats fair enough. But I do care about who I choose to share my billing info with.

Thanks you

Piestro

These are the questions I am also desperate to know the answer to.

The other thing is before I knew about all this nonsense on Tuesday (I had been offline for a few weeks) I had created some new chars on a US server to play with friends who were starting the game. Will I still be able to play those chars or am I now stuck. I would really like to know as I have cancelled my sub but still have 6 weeks left to play

I will not ever play with PSS1, I simply do not trust them

Madgincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #2384
Wurm

Loremaster

Seffrid wrote:

Zenorith wrote:

Does this feesl like the SWG drama all over again to anyone else?

I was around at that time, and this feels far worse to me.

For developers to destroy their own game is one thing, for them to destroy their community is something else altogether.

Same here and I agree.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #2385
Seffrid

Loremaster

isest wrote:

This is exactly what code-masters use to do for Turbine.  The were still a separate company, and really did so badly that Turbine had to eventually fire code-masters and bring the game back under their control.

Indeed, and to be fair to Codemasters, they were not necessarily liked by all players for their track record in games, but they were a widely known company with an impeccable business reputation, posted fluently in several languages, and had a first-rate Community Relations Director who was never out of reach (or out of touch). Moreover, Codemasters ran the European side of things from well before launch, so no-one was in any doubt when they bought the game that they would not be dealing directly with Turbine.

By comparison, we are being tossed after almost 8 years without any consultation let alone consent into the arms of what is being described by the few who have heard of it as a third-rate outfit operating with a  poor reputation at the bottom end of the market in juvenile trivia, staffed by people who post in broken English and with the whole of the website, forum and support system for this game yet to be put in place.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #2386
Lempo

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Loving how the media is gradually getting hold of this, whether its because of the plight of the EQ2 community (which, lets face it, most of the gaming media don't even know exists, its all WoW, WoW, WoW out there) or Planetside 2, which a LOT of people are WERE looking forward to.

'Rock Paper Shotgun' have a multinational Planetside outfit and are being vocal about the likely region-locking of Planetside 2. 

In light of recent events I think you possibly meant this.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #2387
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Loving how the media is gradually getting hold of this, whether its because of the plight of the EQ2 community (which, lets face it, most of the gaming media don't even know exists, its all WoW, WoW, WoW out there) or Planetside 2, which a LOT of people are WERE looking forward to.

In light of recent events I think you possibly meant this.

Fair point, well made.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 02-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #2388
Andemon

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

There is no way in hell this is "just a publishing deal". If it was, it would NOT be this complicated or messed up, it really, really wouldn't. The players would barely have needed to know, let alone have their game experience affected so badly.

Since we're talking about Alaplaya, I have absolutely no doubt that they'll turn EUEQ2 into a pay-to-win game. That's their modus operandi. Only way that S4 makes profit is by suckering newbies into paying before they figure out how broken the game is. There is one born every minute, as the saying goes.

I can think of at least ten European companies that would've been better suited for EQ2, but I guess PSS1 was willing to pay most... I would've even preferred Gameforge. Random spam is better than completely ruining the games.

Not to mention that the Alaplaya community is completely different. I wasted several hours browsing their forums: playas are worried about being invaded by eight year old kids and fourty year old nerds. Because anime is cool but superheroes are for nerds. That pretty much summarizes their forum. Completely different playerbase. Free Realms might fit in, EQ2 and DCUO won't.

But for what it's worth, it's good to see some answers from SOE for a change. I don't remember seeing a red name during a weekend before, that's a change. Too little too late though.

Andemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #2389
dawy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

HI!

sorry if you have already answered these question piestro, but can you clarify some points for me please.

a. can i move my toons from Splitpaw to a U.S server?

b. if I can do a., I don't have to sign up to PSS1?, I can still use SoE's launchpad as normal? and pay SoE as normal?

I don't care why and who gets to publish the game and all this, my main concern is who keeps hold of my billing info. I do understand that SoE are doing this because it helps promote the games farther afield in different countries and all that thats fair enough. But I do care about who I choose to share my billing info with.

Thanks you

Piestro

These are the questions I am also desperate to know the answer to.

The other thing is before I knew about all this nonsense on Tuesday (I had been offline for a few weeks) I had created some new chars on a US server to play with friends who were starting the game. Will I still be able to play those chars or am I now stuck. I would really like to know as I have cancelled my sub but still have 6 weeks left to play

I will not ever play with PSS1, I simply do not trust them

I wouldnt mind an straight answer too to this question,the "FAQ2 vague as it is seems to allude that you can continue to play on a US server if you have toons on it,now ok but who do we pay? SOE presumablly and not Pro7 or am i reading it wrong.

While they're gathering info i trust they write my feedback down in big red letters "i will not now,nor ever pay an inept company such as Pro 7 a single penny i do not trust them to look after my CC details"

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #2390
Tremis2

Loremaster

Alaplaya login security :

After 2 wrong password attempts you have one hour ban... So bad it was raid time and you forget the capslock, no raid tonight, thanks a lot Alaplaya...

Tremis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #2391
Zorastiz
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dressed To Kill

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Piestro wrote:

Hey folks,

Unfortunately, as language sometimes does, this has sort of run away with itself. It has all sorts of implications that aren't true, and these implications lead to misunderstanding. What this deal is is a Publishing deal. ProSieben is going to act as the European Publisher for a number of SOE products, promoting and administering those games in Europe. This will give things like more marketing in the areas that the deal covers, as well as potentially better native language support and similar. More marketing and more native language support are good things I think we can all agree.

Publishing deals are common, but doing a publishing deal on an already existing MMORPG is a bit harder. Things get complicated, as you can all see. But this won't happen in a single day, we've got time to do this in a way that has the most positive and least negative impact on everyone as possible. We want to make sure if we do promise changes that things will all work out exactly as they say they will.

This involves people on several continents, speaking different native languages, crazy amounts of computer code, and a lot of business law. It's not going to be quick. We obviously can't talk too much about it, because we're not quite there yet. All I can do on that score is quoting my boss (Brasse) who is paraphrasing her boss' boss (Smed).

"we are working on a plan to keep our communities together with the ProSieben deal. Again, we thank you for your patience - we'll provide more information as soon as it is available."

In the meantime we're gonna stay here listening, and I'll do my best to communicate when we have something to say. Questions you folks have are great, I've jotted down a few more already this morning. Talking about your fears in concrete terms is also great. If you say "I'm concerned about how this will affect the future development of EQII" that's a lot easier to provide an answer for than if you say "This is going to ruin the direction of the game". 

Respectfully,

-Piestro

When Merrill Lynch outsorced thier PC support division to IBM, that makes sense to me. They do that so they can focus on thier core business, financial managment. 

SOE is a gaming company that is starting to outsourse thier games. That screams "priority" change to me. Companys don't hand over portions of thier "core" business usless there is a shift of what that core business is.

SOE makes games. We publish games as well, but our primarily expertise is in the North American region. Why not have a partner to help extend reach?

Too little too late pal

Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #2392
sexieladie

Loremaster

What irritates me the most, I think, is that fact that all we are getting is half answers and the fact that we are only getting those answers to the questions that they deam worthy.  Or getting answers to the questions we have from the FAQ page that caused us to have those questions in the first place.  The FAQ page shouldn't have been released without some better planning, or when people kept asking about clarification on certain questions then notations should have been put on the FAQ page; so that when people are reading that and these postings, they don't feel like their questions are being ignore, that they are being given the run around, or that they are hitting a brick wall at 80 mph in a little tin can for a car.  SOE wants us to be understanding, reasonable grownups....well, that expecation goes both ways.  At least that is what I was always taught as a child.

So if you want people to give you the benefit of these things,  then start doing like someone said a few posts ago..start treating us like adults and tell us the whole truth. 

sexieladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #2393
isest

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Piestro wrote:

Hey folks,

Unfortunately, as language sometimes does, this has sort of run away with itself. It has all sorts of implications that aren't true, and these implications lead to misunderstanding. What this deal is is a Publishing deal. ProSieben is going to act as the European Publisher for a number of SOE products, promoting and administering those games in Europe. This will give things like more marketing in the areas that the deal covers, as well as potentially better native language support and similar. More marketing and more native language support are good things I think we can all agree.

Publishing deals are common, but doing a publishing deal on an already existing MMORPG is a bit harder. Things get complicated, as you can all see. But this won't happen in a single day, we've got time to do this in a way that has the most positive and least negative impact on everyone as possible. We want to make sure if we do promise changes that things will all work out exactly as they say they will.

This involves people on several continents, speaking different native languages, crazy amounts of computer code, and a lot of business law. It's not going to be quick. We obviously can't talk too much about it, because we're not quite there yet. All I can do on that score is quoting my boss (Brasse) who is paraphrasing her boss' boss (Smed).

"we are working on a plan to keep our communities together with the ProSieben deal. Again, we thank you for your patience - we'll provide more information as soon as it is available."

In the meantime we're gonna stay here listening, and I'll do my best to communicate when we have something to say. Questions you folks have are great, I've jotted down a few more already this morning. Talking about your fears in concrete terms is also great. If you say "I'm concerned about how this will affect the future development of EQII" that's a lot easier to provide an answer for than if you say "This is going to ruin the direction of the game". 

Respectfully,

-Piestro

When Merrill Lynch outsorced thier PC support division to IBM, that makes sense to me. They do that so they can focus on thier core business, financial managment. 

SOE is a gaming company that is starting to outsourse thier games. That screams "priority" change to me. Companys don't hand over portions of thier "core" business usless there is a shift of what that core business is.

SOE makes games. We publish games as well, but our primarily expertise is in the North American region. Why not have a partner to help extend reach?

Too little too late pal

We already had extended our reach, we already had games in place.  Now to follow up that statement with a question.  Since we are segregating the alapla launcher from the US launcher,  how is extending the reach in Germany going to help those of us in currently the US or North American region, if the extended reach is on a seperate segregated set of servers?  How is advertising the game in Germany on tv going to help those of us in the United States?   Well I would love to hear how that is going to work. 

Old 02-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #2394
Dethdlr
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Advent of Valor

Fansite Staff

Piestro: Since you're writing down questions/concerns, let me add one that may or may not have been mentioned yet.

Occasionally, I am sent on business trips to various parts of the world.  I've been sent to Italy, Germany and England just to name a few.  While in all of these places, from my hotel room, I've been able to log into EQ2 on my laptop and play with my wife and other members of my guild on the US Butcherblock server.  EQ2 has been one of our primary means of communication while I'm in another country (I live in the US).

Hopefully, once all the dust settles with this new deal, I'll still be able to do so.   Depending on whether IP locking was done and if so, how, that could make this not possible (or at least more difficult than simply logging on).

(In an effort to help make the best of this situation, I'll leave out my opinion of the overall deal other than the very simplistic Mr. Horse type opinion: "No sir, I don't like it".  Others have already said about everything I would want to say anyway.)

EQ2U Lead Programmer |Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator | EQ2Wire.com Columnist

Dethdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #2395
Grystan

Loremaster

I have a few questions on your reply about your having expertise on north america so having a european partner makes sense.

I would tend to agree with you if it wasn't isolating north america from europe and visa versa

Why the need for IPlocks by region..

As an English person in the EU isn't it best for me to have a customer service where English is the first language

from what i've seen  the English spoken by P7S.1 reps isn't good enough for customer relations.

How is german customer services going to be any good for a french national

how is german customer support going to be any better for an Italian National

All countires in europe have different cultrual needs we've all in our own ways adapted to deal with american customer services.

your relies are ill thought out I'd rather have Ubi soft  again as at least we still had world wide servers to play on and no regional lock outs...

SOE want to use P7S.1 as your adertising base fine, and instal your uodates fine, but if you put boundaries on the world wide web, by region, isolating people, who wish to remain friends then you just wiped out your product you made EQ2 into SWG for elves and dwarfs..

You can have no regional lock outs or no customers , this is the bottom line.. chose

Grystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #2396
Lempo

Loremaster

Maybe THIS is part of the problem.

Listening impaired?

Summary:

1.Hearing and Listening uses both your ears.2.Hearing is receiving sound waves through your ears, while listening means hearing and understanding what you’ve heard.3.Hearing is part of the five senses, while listening is a choice to hear and analyze what you hear.4.Hearing is using your ears only, while listening is using your body’s other senses.5.Listening is observing other’s behavior that can add meaning to the message, while hearing is simply receiving sound vibrations.6.Listening can build better relationships with others, while hearing cannot.7.Take good care of your ears; you cannot listen when you cannot hear.

Of course we are still talking about TEXT here and not soundwaves. 

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #2397
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

Well, it's nice to see that the media is catching wind of this. But I certainly don't share Karen Bryan's optimism.

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #2398
Lortet

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Maybe THIS is part of the problem.

Listening impaired?

Nice one - from the same site I thought this one was appropriate http://www.differencebetween.net/la...al-and-ethical/ I have no doubt somwone can show us the terms proving selling us off is legal, but I very much doubt they can show us that it is ethical (that is if they don't choke on the concept)

I also thought the pop up I got - for an Adelaide University Business Degree was good - both fo rth ebusiness reference and also the Australian reference - ie nothing said about Oceania to date.

Anyone noticed the irony of it being an Olympic year, and the significnce of the 5 olympic rings joined together signifying unity - just LOL

Lortet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #2399
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Piestro wrote:

As to special content, I'd say it's more likely that things get added like Community run events rather than big world events. If they were to ask us to add in some more Euro-Centric events and had ideas I'm sure we'd listen though. Saying never is always a bad idea (Beastlords).

On Storms, since 2006, we have Bastille Day, the 14th of July, on Storms. The first 2 years, it was animated by GM Syrhiz and Toks. All the following years, this special event was animated by the Guides of Norrath and above all our Senior Guide Murazor, with, some years, the help of GM Spadaccino or french CRM.

This event was made of massive fireworks and some kind of competition. One year it was in Mara and there was a tricky contest of running on top of walls and jumping from one another while drunk. One year it was lore quizz. Last year, Murazor and two players made an impressive flying patrol above Timorous Deep at Lover's Vista. Several US players went to Storms to attend and we even got the visit of Gninja and Amnerys. Domino had a patching problem and sadly couldn't attend.

THIS is an Euro-Centric event which was specific to Storms, a very very very good event, much appreciated by all the community and very fun. As far as I know, there never was a 4th July event on any US server. On Storms, we had this event, made from scratch by Syrhiz the first 2 years and by the Guides the years after. With no additional help, no fireworks that could be spawned somewhere or stuff like that. Just regular fireworks, launched by the guides and the players, and fun contests. As far as I know, no tool was ever offered/created by SoE for those events.

So now, you're telling us that "Prosieben will create Euro-centric events" which we always had on Storms. And you seem to suggest that you may develop stuff for them to run those events, stuff you never gave to the volonteers running them before (and I sure know, 'cause I helped her setting the event back in 2006, that GM Syrhiz had absolutely no help after requesting it, so it's not something asked last month). I just can't believe you.

And another point: servers being run by Prosieben & Alaplaya and not SoE... Will there be a guide program on Storms, Splitpaw or Valor or will you just spawn the NPC to give some of the quest and drop the program?

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #2400
Cloudrat

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Piestro wrote:

As to special content, I'd say it's more likely that things get added like Community run events rather than big world events. If they were to ask us to add in some more Euro-Centric events and had ideas I'm sure we'd listen though. Saying never is always a bad idea (Beastlords).

On Storms, since 2006, we have Bastille Day, the 14th of July, on Storms. The first 2 years, it was animated by GM Syrhiz. All the following years, this special event was animated by the Guides of Norrath and above all our Senior Guide Murazor, with, some years, the help of GM Spadaccino or french CRM.

This event was made of massive fireworks and some kind of competition. One year it was in Mara and there was a tricky contest of running on top of walls and jumping from one another while drunk. One year it was lore quizz. Last year, Murazor and two players made an impressive flying patrol above Timorous Deep at Lover's Vista. Several US players went to Storms to attend and we even got the visit of Gninja, Amnerys and Toks. Domino had a patching problem and sadly couldn't attend.

THIS is an Euro-Centric event which was specific to Storms, a very very very good event, much appreciated by all the community and very fun. As far as I know, there never was a 4th July event on any US server. On Storms, we had this event, made from scratch by Syrhiz the first 2 years and by the Guides the years after. With no additional help, no fireworks that could be spawned somewhere or stuff like that. Just regular fireworks, launched by the guides and the players, and fun contests. As far as I know, no tool was ever offered/created by SoE for those events.

So now, you're telling us that "Prosieben will create Euro-centric events" which we always had on Storms. And you seem to suggest that you may develop stuff for them to run those events, stuff you never gave to the volonteers running them before (and I sure know, 'cause I helped her setting the event back in 2006, that GM Syrhiz had absolutely no help after requesting it, so it's not something asked last month). I just can't believe you.

And another point: servers being run by Prosieben & Alaplaya and not SoE... Will there be a guide program on Storms, Splitpaw or Valor or will you just spawn the NPC to give some of the quest and drop the program?

I went for the Bastille Day celebration every year  and  I can't imagine anyone who got out of grade school not familiar with this event hehe. It was well and translated for those who didnt speak French and attended by people from all the regions.

I got a picture of Gninja at the last one as he debuted the flaming griffon, for which that celebration was the perfect  venue.

Edit: I know it's a done deal and I sort of understand the reasoning,  but  why  are they not giving free transfers to the ones that have been playing all along ?