EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #121
Brigh

Loremaster

dawy wrote:

Account cancelled not for me me thinks

Had a blast EQ2 but this is the final straw

Roll on star wars TOR

A compitent MMO

I will never understand thinking like this.

You need to read what the letter says, not what you think it says.

They already have been giving us different payment options that include a "weekend warrior" subscription model (3 days a week or month which ever it is), etc.

Now they are giving you more options AND giving all content up to SF for free. Once again I ask: How in the hell is that bad?!

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #122
Mithi

Loremaster

Would must be wouldnt, but gues you figure that out.

For my thought about this f2p crap, it stinks,lol, was what i was affraid for, and now happening, but hey who am i

Mithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #123
Marnus
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Tandros os Thol

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Well, all I can really say is, 'I told you so' and 'its about time'.  This is absolutely the right business model for F2P and the one I so adamently told you SOE should be doing from day 1.

I do however have one very important question.  Seeing as I can by sub time with SC, can I gift it as well?

Thanks,

Good question-i have several friends around the country who have had to cut costs, and leave the game due to unemployment or other financial issues-Would be an awesome christmas/frostfell gift to put in their christmas cardsSMILEY

Marnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #124
Hirofortis

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Well, all I can really say is, 'I told you so' and 'its about time'.  This is absolutely the right business model for F2P and the one I so adamently told you SOE should be doing from day 1.

I do however have one very important question.  Seeing as I can by sub time with SC, can I gift it as well?

Thanks,

I agree, this is a needed change. Al lI Wanna know is, can I preorder the xpac on the marketplace. please please.

Hirofortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #125
Mithi

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

dawy wrote:

Account cancelled not for me me thinks

Had a blast EQ2 but this is the final straw

Roll on star wars TOR

A compitent MMO

I will never understand thinking like this.

You need to read what the letter says, not what you think it says.

They already have been giving us different payment options that include a "weekend warrior" subscription model (3 days a week or month which ever it is), etc.

Now they are giving you more options AND giving all content up to SF for free. Once again I ask: How in the hell is that bad?!

Content for free isnt rlly true since we payed for it allrdy, up till dov

Old 11-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #126
Nolrog

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Good question-i have several friends around the country who have had to cut costs, and leave the game due to unemployment or other financial issues-Would be an awesome christmas/frostfell gift to put in their christmas cards

I think that's a great idea.  If you really wanted to do that, you could just buy the physical SC cards and stick them in the envelope (assuming you're sending an acutal christmas card/gift and they sell the SC cards near you.)

Nolrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #127
EQPrime

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

Making EQ2 Free 2 Play is just an all around excellent decision.  There is no valid reason for ANYONE to be upset about EQ2 going Free 2 Play in full, and thus, merging the player base into a single service, full capable of mingling and improving server populations across the board.  

Oh it sounds wonderful until our honorable producer throws all kinds of game changing stuff on the marketplace.  If you believe he'll keep that stuff off the marketplace I think you're being pretty niave.  If we could trust him then yes I would think it's probably a good decision.

I fully believe that gold members are going to get nickle and dimed to death in the long run.  I'm sure he'll back it up with some "poll results" showing that players want the stuff.

Also, $40 for the upcoming joke of an expansion is rediculous.

Arbre - Warden/Sage
Flippyfloppies - OP SK
Amplify - Troubadour

Slege
Mistmoore
EQPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #128
Shaolin Sam

Loremaster

I wonder if SJ knew the massive explosion this would cause on the forums when he hit the "enter" button on his announcement post lol. SMILEY

Shaolin Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #129
SmokeJumper

DoD

yagsfan wrote:

If I'm understanding the matrix correctly, with the gold membership I'll be allowed 7 characters.  What will happen with the other five toons that I currently play?  (Yes, I currently have a total of twelve toons...I purchased the extra character slots through the marketplace or won them through LON loot cards.)  And will we still be able to purchase more slots if we so desire?  What can I say...I have multiple personality disorder? 

If you purchased character slots, you'll still have them. No worries.

The only tricky bit is if you purchased character slots on *both* EQII Live and EQ2X servers (only a handful of people did this). In that case, you will still get all the slots you had purchased. Here's an example for clarity:

• You purchased four slots on AB. (7 + 4 = 11 total slots)
  • You then purchased five slots on Freeport. (7 + 5 = 12 total slots)
  • Then after the free-to-play conversion, you would have (7 + 4 + 5 = 16) slots available at your disposal when you log in.

EverQuest Franchise (EQ, EQII, EQN)
SmokeJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #130
Mithi

Loremaster

Tbh, he said he wanted to make things easier for people.

This way you made it harder, not easier

Old 11-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #131
Pewtriid

Augur

Gonna try this again, as my post was deleted because it contained "insults"....when there were no insults. 

I was waiting impatiently for something awesome...like "This cashpack..I mean xpak...is only gonna run $9.95 if you pre-order, $19.95 if you wait."  But no.  I read SJ's post and felt tears come to my eyes.  The game I love to play has sold out.  Pay to win has won in this place. I won't be buying the barely more than a hotfix at 40 bucks per account.  I will not be renewing my accounts.  I probably won't even be playing much while my accounts tick down to their last moments.   Guess it's time to sell off my gear so I can give it to the guild and be done with it.   AsI have stated before here, I WILL NOT SUPPORT THE F2P MODEL.  I WILL *NOT* PLAY A F2P GAME, EVEN FREE.

As my last post here, Goodbye Norrath.  (And, no, it isn't /ragequit.  It's /sadquit)  We had a blast, but there isn't a point in going on now.

The sentence I deleted above simply stated that I felt this move is a mistake.  It is far less insulting than many posts on this thread, yet it was deleted....I guess having a negative opinion about this whole mess is not allowed.

Pewtriid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #132
Yimway

Loremaster

Shaolin Sam wrote:

I wonder if SJ knew the massive explosion this would cause on the forums when he hit the "enter" button on his announcement post lol.

LOL, of course he did, the mods were lined up and ready, but its mostly a bunch of over-reaction that once it all runs in will really not impact your day to day gameplay at all other than more people will eventually make it to 90 on your server to group with.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #133
Virrago

Community Relations

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=44514...post_id=5655394 Please post in the Non-Gameplay forum if you wish to discuss other games

Community Relations Manager

Forum Administrator

Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Virrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #134
SmokeJumper

DoD

[email protected] wrote:

Thanks,

Not yet, but only because Gifting doesn't (currently) allow items that apply to an entire account to be gifted. (You can only gift items that affect a specific character currently.)

This is definitely something we'd like to open up, but it will require code changes first.

EverQuest Franchise (EQ, EQII, EQN)
SmokeJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #135
Nolrog

Loremaster

Shaolin Sam wrote:

I wonder if SJ knew the massive explosion this would cause on the forums when he hit the "enter" button on his announcement post lol.

Of course he did.  He can't say Happy Friday without people proclaiming it either a) the greatest thing ever or b) the end of the world.  Such is the EQ2 (and EQ for that matter) forum.

Nolrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #136
MagicFeather

Lord

Allot of people don't understand that Everquest II probably don't survive without this changes. You can play the way you did for months if not years, with more people. And if SOE makes more money with this new plan, the have more backup and can use that for bugfixes and more content.Yes there are things that you probably don't like, but people that are hating about this are just typing before thinking if it is possible to run this game without this changes.Everquest II is a really big game with allot of content, and the need money to get this game running in a healthy way.And if you don't like the Free-to-Play players, just ignore them, or just help them and the get probably even better then you are.I can get really angry when i read those hate comments, SOE didn't do this if the earned enough money out of it, but the need more, that sounds weird right? And if you simply say, ''SOE wants more money and hates us'', you're right and wrong. Yes the want more money, why? Because the want it, but also need it. Do the hate you? No, if the did, the just shutdown this game, and there will be much more hate.The Turbine online games where dying too, and look at those games now, the are really, really healthy and the hardcore players of that game are not hating, even if there are free to play players, the are happy that the still CAN play there favorite game.How you can hate something that makes it possible for you to play this game, think again, and don't let the rage control your mind. Thank you.

And yes, my english is bad

MagicFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #137
bagup

Lord

awful news, get rdy for the wow community

i steer clear of eq2x for this very reason, thx you have probably ended my 2 accounts on eq2 now, and i love this game  SMILEY

PUGS in crap gear is gonna be dreadful ,

im saddened by this model you have adopted and although i realise you have to do this to preserve the life of the game , its not for me and wish ya the best of luck in the future

bagup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #138
Golbezz

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

The only tricky bit is if you purchased character slots on *both* EQII Live and EQ2X servers (only a handful of people did this). In that case, you will still get all the slots you had purchased. Here's an example for clarity:

• Then after the free-to-play conversion, you would have (7 + 4 + 5 = 16) slots available at your disposal when you log in.

Does the free LoN character slot count as purchased? That was the loot card I chose after the hacking incident and I'm sure many others did as well.

Golbezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #139
Labruja

Lord

SmokeJumper wrote:

yagsfan wrote:

If I'm understanding the matrix correctly, with the gold membership I'll be allowed 7 characters.  What will happen with the other five toons that I currently play?  (Yes, I currently have a total of twelve toons...I purchased the extra character slots through the marketplace or won them through LON loot cards.)  And will we still be able to purchase more slots if we so desire?  What can I say...I have multiple personality disorder? 

What about those of us who have the extra slots due to All Access?  Will we lose those slots now?

Old 11-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #140
Mithi

Loremaster

Talking bout slots, any way to see how many slots are still open for you to create new toons?

Think i bought 12 of them and got 2 for b-daypressent, so makes 14 and the 7 makes 21.

Problem is, im not pretty sure if i bought 12  or more lol

Old 11-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #141
ranga

Loremaster

Well looks like the complaint will be ignored so I'll ask a direct question...

Will you make AoD free for purchasers of DoV with accounts in good standing.

I strongly object to being asked to pay twice in a year plus a subscription.

We do not think about a transfer of US server chars from EU costumers in Eq2. That should solve the biggest worries the EQ2 community has at the moment. We do not want to interfere with long build ingame relationships. This is the current way we think about it.

ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #142
Golbezz

Loremaster

bagup wrote:

i steer clear of eq2x for this very reason, thx you have probably ended my 2 accounts on eq2 now, and i love this game 

im saddened by this model you have adopted and although i realise you have to do this to preserve the life of the game , its not for me and wish ya the best of luck in the future 

See my post on page 7 about adding gold sub to the usual group /LFM spam.

Golbezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #143
CeJae

Lord

ranga wrote:

Well looks like the complaint will be ignored so I'll ask a direct question...

Will you make AoD free for purchasers of DoV with accounts in good standing.

I strongly object to being asked to pay twice in a year plus a subscription.

No, they won't.

CeJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #144
arvydys

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected]_old wrote:

Now we are all being boiled alive, and due to the slow, methodical implementation, a great portion of the community does not care, or foolishly believes it to be a good thing.

And only people with poor analytical skills think its a bad thing.

F2P conversion definitely benefitted LOTRO in terms of player base.  Turbine slipped in their support of the game, but that has nothing to dow ith the actual conversion.

Were in a market now where WoW is losing subs, Rift cant maintain subs, and the main competition coming out is a sci fi game that not everyone will be interested.  There are a LOT of people looking for a new game to try, and EQ2 does have a fairly solid reputation.  Theres players to be had.

Or I suppose SoE can keep developing for the level 90s exclusively and watch that population erode over time until there isnt enough money coming in for future development.

arvydys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #145
screenid

Loremaster

YO!!

I have 4 toons I copied from the Bazaar... they still exist on Both servers.  (My account)

Will it be possible to Merge my copied toons?  My Warden on Bazaar has all the cool things I collected over the years (that I could not copy over.... plus the 7 and upcoming 8 year vet reward) ..My  copied Warden on EQ2X --who I have played for over a year is my main. They are the same toon just at different levels of development.  Can you merge them together   so I get everything my Bazaar toon owns but apply that to my  active version of him on Freeport?

-This goes for my NECRO, Mystic and Illusionist as well

screenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #146
arvydys

Loremaster

Golbezz wrote:

i steer clear of eq2x for this very reason, thx you have probably ended my 2 accounts on eq2 now, and i love this game 

How many low/mid level PuGs did you find running around with Master spells and fabled gear?  PuG quality will be the same.  Anyone in the content that gear matters will be a sub anyway.

arvydys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #147
Brigh

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

While I am not pleased...at the very least they are taking away the 'special' bought goodies from Freeport. no insta kill wands, no health/power potions, no buying all the mastercrafted stuff for SC, ect. sounds like they are just adding silver and free plans to live, and stripping freeport marketplace of anything we don't already have on live. we'll see how it goes.

you need to reread it.

They are TEMPORARILLY removing them.

they VERY CLEARLY state they intend to add them right back in as soon as they can "hold player-wide  poll" to work around it.

This is correct, except that "intend" is too strong. We're definitely going to do the in-game polls, but then we'll base additions or changes on those poll results. We're not going to guess on power items any longer, and we need a more representative way to get opinions from players, so we're doing the in-game polls to get a true feel for what's desired.

These polls need to be REQUIRED of players before they can get rid of the screen if it is a pop up screen in-game.

So many so-called poll results I have seen after the fact I wonder where the hell was my input? No where because I was not directly asked!

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #148
Ansek

Loremaster

My main on Splitpaw is a ratonga necromancer. I also have a ratonga necromancer on Freeport - where I paid to unlock both the class and race.

Were I to go to Silver membership, would I need to pay to unlock ratongas and necromancers again in order to play my 'Paw ratty corpse-fiddler?

Ansek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #149
Yimway

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Not yet, but only because Gifting doesn't (currently) allow items that apply to an entire account to be gifted. (You can only gift items that affect a specific character currently.)

This is definitely something we'd like to open up, but it will require code changes first.

Thanks Smokie,  I really look forward to easy transactions of plat to game time in my near future!

Old 11-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #150
vochore

Loremaster

Gold memberships have been improved! They now have access to all races and classes (except the Freeblood race and the Beastlord class). (If you purchased a Race Pack in the 60 days before the launch of this transition, we will refund the Station Cash for that purchase.)

am i reading this rt or does this say that even after we buy the newest exp we will not be able to make a beastlord on launch day and start leveling up our new class or does this have nothing to do with the exp.

some clarification would help please or should i go and cancel my preoder collectors edition now.

amd 965 be quadcore.stock clocking 3.4 ghz

8 gig mushkin 1333 7-7-7-20 timings

1 300 gig velociraptor 1 150 gig velociraptor

creative x-fi xtremegamer fatal1ty pro

5.1 suroundsound speaker setup

corsair hx 850 p/s

asus dvd player and burner

24 inch asus widescreen monitor

windows 7 64 bit

evga gtx 570 classified

vochore thebeastlord of the seventhammer

omegar and druadon