EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Warden
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
crackers_87

Loremaster

Shatter Infections in not curing every time any 1 is hit with a hostile spell!

crackers_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
crackers_87

Loremaster

nerfed!

Old 08-28-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
crackers_87

Loremaster

Give Wardens More DPS! OR  A mecanic to store overheal in order to counter spikes.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

Why do we need any kind of new mechanic to break things even more?

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #5
crackers_87

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Why do we need any kind of new mechanic to break things even more?

The 1 they gave us didnt work!  So it cant do any more harm!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Daysy

Loremaster

crackers_87 wrote:

Give Wardens More DPS!

Everyone gets "more DPS". Rather give us better healing, better wards, better buffs.

Daysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Chiel

Loremaster

Can't say as I've really noticed any issues healing and buffing with my warden. I will point out that I don't raid though...but (pre-patch) I recall soloing as a battle druid and I did just fine for dps. I haven't been able to test Shatter Infections yet to see if it is in fact broken. Our buffs are really pretty darn awesome, especially with some of the AAs we can boost them with. I for one am actually kinda happy.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
crackers_87

Loremaster

Chiel wrote:

Can't say as I've really noticed any issues healing and buffing with my warden. I will point out that I don't raid though...but (pre-patch) I recall soloing as a battle druid and I did just fine for dps. I haven't been able to test Shatter Infections yet to see if it is in fact broken. Our buffs are really pretty darn awesome, especially with some of the AAs we can boost them with. I for one am actually kinda happy.

We dont have any Good Group Buffs! Of course you dont mind the wardens buffs when your  soloing you get alll the buffs! Pre Pach  in raid  i could do 221k DPS & Now its a pain to get over 120k DPS. We got Nerffed HardCore! Last Night  i had  101% ability Reuse Speed & i had to sit & wait for my Combat Arts to come back up! This is dum!  Pre Pach even when i was at 75% ability Reuse Speed My Combat Artes Were Never all Down! SOE You Need To Fix This!! As for Shatter Infections  Get rid of it ! It dont work at all & it suckss. Turn it into a nice Group Buff!  Eather Give us More DPS & Give us a Group Buff to Increase Our Groups DPS! On top ov that  Fix Stormcaller's Control  To Mach Elemental Mastery! This is something you all have over looked for a long time & it needs fixed! Just like  Elemental Mastery works on Combat arts & Spells  So should  Stormcaller's Control! 

Old 08-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #9
Aneova

Loremaster

crackers_87 wrote:

Chiel wrote:

We dont have any Good Group Buffs! Of course you dont mind the wardens buffs when your  soloing you get alll the buffs! Pre Pach  in raid  i could do 221k DPS & Now its a pain to get over 120k DPS. We got Nerffed HardCore! Last Night  i had  101% ability Reuse Speed & i had to sit & wait for my Combat Arts to come back up! This is dum!  Pre Pach even when i was at 75% ability Reuse Speed My Combat Artes Were Never all Down! SOE You Need To Fix This!! As for Shatter Infections  Get rid of it ! It dont work at all & it suckss. Turn it into a nice Group Buff!  Eather Give us More DPS & Give us a Group Buff to Increase Our Groups DPS! On top ov that  Fix Stormcaller's Control  To Mach Elemental Mastery! This is something you all have over looked for a long time & it needs fixed! Just like  Elemental Mastery works on Combat arts & Spells  So should  Stormcaller's Control! 

.... so you're doing 120k dps? or close to it... and  you're complaining? You wonder about your buffs... but you... I'm gonna stop now before i get myself banned.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:28 PM   #10
crackers_87

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

crackers_87 wrote:

Chiel wrote:

.... so you're doing 120k dps? or close to it... and  you're complaining? You wonder about your buffs... but you... I'm gonna stop now before i get myself banned.

Yess i am complaining!100k nerff is big! & i have 25% more reuse  & 25 potency  + Crit Bonus  & im still doing less DPS!  This is dum

Old 09-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
Chiel

Loremaster

Ok first...I don't solo on my warden anymore and I'm not specced as a battle druid. I have no issues with my group buffs or even my single target buffs. With the proper AA set up, my buffs are desirable as are my heals and cures. So apparently you are a raider...I am not so I can't say anything about raiding wardens...as I already stated. As a healing class, you should feel lucky you were allowed to do ANY dps at all, so I see no reason to complain about a "nerf" that was probably deserved. Capitalizing things, spelling words wrong, and using excessive punctuation isn't going to get your...*cough* requests...looked at. As for Shatter Infections, I love the idea but I have yet to truly test it to see if it is really not working. Wardens are not meant to be a dps class and they are not meant to have buffs making your group's dps better. That is the fury's job since they are the more dps-oriented druid. Take a look at all the classes and you'll see what I mean. You have the Guardian vs Berserker...one is more defensive, one is more offensive. Paladin vs Shadowknight...Mystic vs Defiler...I could go on. Warden = defensive and Fury = offensive.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
RogueSpideyChick

Loremaster

people complaining about their dps then stating high numbers only leads to nerfs...just saying...& no wonder wardens havent been fixed to be more raid desirable when they have spokespeople like crankers who can't even express a thought without horrid english, grammar & gets so angry so easily in his posts that nobody readlly understands what he's talking about.

RogueSpideyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #13
Loldawg
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

221K dps from a warden??

Old 09-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #14
Shotneedle

Loremaster

It's possible on burn fights with miracles.

Also, Shatter Infections getting fixed would be nice. If it actually worked with unlimited triggers it would be pretty pro.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #15
Lethe5683

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

people complaining about their dps then stating high numbers only leads to nerfs...just saying...& no wonder wardens havent been fixed to be more raid desirable when they have spokespeople like crankers who can't even express a thought without horrid english, grammar & gets so angry so easily in his posts that nobody readlly understands what he's talking about.

Don't you think that's a bit ironic considering your post has terrible grammar and spelling?

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #16
RogueSpideyChick

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Don't you think that's a bit ironic considering your post has terrible grammar and spelling?

mine has correct spelling & grammar, so don't know where you went to school. & people can understand the thoughts i'm conveying unlike the mess that crankers spews. only thing i'm missing is capitals.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #17
urgthock

Loremaster

As much as I dislike the manner in which he posts, the OP is correct. The change to shatter infections is absolutely garbage. I said so in the testing phase and I am repeating it now. It doesn't last long enough and it needs to have an unlimited amount of triggers during it's duration. Also, it really is a huge nerf that warden converted combat arts now have a higher reuse.

urgthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #18
Gungo

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Also, Shatter Infections getting fixed would be nice. If it actually worked with unlimited triggers it would be pretty pro.

This needs to be done to make the more defensive druid balanced. The single trigger just ruined this ability.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #19
Chiel

Loremaster

Eep, it only has a single trigger on it? Where in the world did it say that? I missed that. The complaining about Shatter Infections is still the only thing I even remotely agree with from the OP though...I refuse to change my mind on that. Seriously one trigger for an 8 sec duration ability? Ugh why did I buy it again...oh right cause there wasn't much else to buy...*sigh*
Old 09-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #20
circusgirl

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

mine has correct spelling & grammar, so don't know where you went to school. & people can understand the thoughts i'm conveying unlike the mess that crankers spews. only thing i'm missing is capitals.

You have no idea how much willpower it is taking me to not post a corrected version of those last two posts.  

circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #21
Hamervelder

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

People complaining about their dps and then stating high numbers only leads to nerfs.  I'm just saying: It's no wonder that wardens havent been fixed to be more raid desirable, when they have spokespeople like Crankers, who can't even express a thought without horrid English and grammar.  He gets so angry so easily in his posts that nobody readlly understands what he's talking about.

Mine My post has correct spelling & and grammar, so I don't know where you went to school. & People can understand the thoughts I'm conveying, unlike the mess that crankers spews. The only thing I'm missing is capitals capitalization.

You have no idea how much willpower it is taking me to not post a corrected version of those last two posts.  

I did it for you.  I've bolded the necessary corrections and additions.

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #22
Lethe5683

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I just figured it wasn't worth the trouble.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #23
RogueSpideyChick

Loremaster

now go try to translate your fabulous op's posts. it'll take a lot longer than 5 minutes. at least i get my point across so people understand me. & while you're at it, maybe you should devote some of your time & effort to actually getting your class fixed rather than being pseudo-english teachers. 

Old 09-06-2011, 04:56 AM   #24
Hamervelder

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

now go try to translate your fabulous op's posts. it'll take a lot longer than 5 minutes. at least i get my point across so people understand me. & while you're at it, maybe you should devote some of your time & effort to actually getting your class fixed rather than being pseudo-english teachers. 

I am a teacher, thanks. 

Warden of Mayhem, Antonia Bayle
Hamervelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #25
Aneova

Loremaster

/tries to put the train back on the tracks

As far as shattered infection goes, i think 12-18 triggers, or 2-3 triggers per group member each with their own triggers. That's just my suggestion though.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #26
Rosvita
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Xanadu

Loremaster

Shatter Infection according to the devs is suppost to have UNLIMITED TRIGGERS for the 8 second duration.  This is not currently the case please fix it.  As for the dps warden dps is fine imho however group buff wise we aren't, yes instinct is great for the 1 target who gets it but the rest of the group will moan that a inquis would be better cause they have more group buffs, now wardens don't need anything near what a inquis has buffwise but just something small like accuracy, dps mod, cb, pot etc would be great.

Rosvita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #27
Ayaka

Loremaster

The ability, Shattered Infections, currently works as intended in a PvP environment. I cast it and if any member in my group takes a hostile spell from an enemy player it instantly cures the entire group. It has unlimited triggers, so for that eight second duration my group is almost entirely free of detriments as long as the opposing players are attacking.

That is how it is supposed to work for PvE, but at the moment it is obviously broken. You should be able to preast this <8 seconds before an AOE hits and it should cure your entire group of that detriment (especially useful for knockback AOE's). It would also be useful for curing several AOE's in the 8 second duration (such as the HM Tormax fight when all three AOE's hit in rapid succession). 

I do hope that a Dev notices these topics, as I've sent in feedback but I'm still not sure if the issue has been heard. 

Old 09-08-2011, 01:37 AM   #28
Lethe5683

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Perhaps you should practice what you preach.

[email protected] wrote:

...now wardens don't need anything near what a inquis has buffwise...

Why not?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #29
Rosvita
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Xanadu

Loremaster

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice just that wardens just need 1 decent offensive buff so that people want them, wardens have ALOT more defensive capabilties (group DI, single target DI, infuriating thorn, cyclone), so basically give us 1 decent offensive buff and it will make wardens viable for raids again.  There are plenty of other changes which should be looked at and I'm not saying there isn't but adding a groupwide offensive buff will go along way to making wardens wanted again.

Rosvita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #30
StaticLex

Loremaster

221K dps from a warden??

More like 21 K dps from the warden and 200 K from VC, but sure whatevah.

When you've played this game for ten years and gone to bat seven-thousand times and gotten two-thousand hits do you know what that really means? It means you've gone zero for five-thousand. --- Reggie Jackson
StaticLex is offline   Reply With Quote