EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Connection Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

After the patch from a month or two ago I've been unable to make the launcher run the game in a non-streaming environment.  Everything has been patched and repatched each time updates are made available and yet the client is still streaming.

Running either the EQ2.exe or the Everquest2.exe seems to continually fire in streaming mode.  The launcher itself doesn't seem to have any options to run as a full down load.  I recall only having the option to stream or fun full client IF you were already running in stream and that option was not available if running as a full client.

Is there a command line or a parameter that can be set in some ini file which will force the darn thing into full client and stay as far away from the slow slow slow streaming client?

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Did you try:

TSR-AlexS wrote:

Hello Tallisman! I'd recommend checking the "full download box" option. To do this click on the advanced tools box on the left hand corner of your launcher. Click on "Select game verison" and click on the "Full download box". Then close the launcher. Once you re-open the launcher, it should be back to normal. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Keep in mind that he says "check the box" then close immediately? That's been the issue for some. Also, you didn't delete files, did you? That makes the quick fix not work.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Jrral

Loremaster

The process I've had to use:

1. Start the launchpad.
  2. Log in to my account. It'll start preloading if it's set to streaming.
  3. Go into Advanced Tools, Select Game Version and check the full-download checkbox. It'll still be preloading after this.
  4. Exit the launchpad.
  5. Go into my game folder and delete the "assetcache", "cache", "fixedassets" and "logincache-us" folders. DO NOT delete LaunchPad.ini or any of the LP executables or libraries.
  6. Start the launchpad again.
  7. Log in to my account.
  8. Now everything should be OK and the launchapd should not be preloading assets.
  9. Enter the game (character select should be OK), go into Options and look for a Streaming tab. If it's present, check on it to make sure the background download checkbox is not checked. If it was checked, uncheck it and exit and reenter the game.

Quite the song-and-dance there, but it seems to work reliably.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
TSR-AlexS

Customer Service

Hello Tuckker! I hope the instructions above were useful in resolving your issue. As for Lizabethan and Jrral, we appreciate your assistance!

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #5
Lamatu

Loremaster

How about a fix for this? Why does the launchpad about once a month switch to streaming?

Old 06-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
Koleg

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

The process I've had to use:

1. Start the launchpad.
  2. Log in to my account. It'll start preloading if it's set to streaming.
  3. Go into Advanced Tools, Select Game Version and check the full-download checkbox. It'll still be preloading after this.
  4. Exit the launchpad.
  5. Go into my game folder and delete the "assetcache", "cache", "fixedassets" and "logincache-us" folders. DO NOT delete LaunchPad.ini or any of the LP executables or libraries.
  6. Start the launchpad again.
  7. Log in to my account.
  8. Now everything should be OK and the launchapd should not be preloading assets.
  9. Enter the game (character select should be OK), go into Options and look for a Streaming tab. If it's present, check on it to make sure the background download checkbox is not checked. If it was checked, uncheck it and exit and reenter the game.

Quite the song-and-dance there, but it seems to work reliably.

See, thats the thing .. there is NO checky box to choose, but yet I still get the streaming client dino running all the time and this is seriously hurting performance by a good 200% to 300%.

now that the cache folders have been deleted, its taking 10 to 20 longer to load any zone assest... I really just want that checky-box so I can turn off the p.o.s. streaming client

so I was talking with a game buddy and he says he can clicky the full client checky box and he is running launcer version 4.0.0.602 (14) ... however, I have no checky boxes for full client selection and I'm running version 4.0.0.602 (1SMILEY.  One of those is wrong and mine seems to be a more recnt version.  Where can I find the station launcher to do a full reinstall of it and hope it will fix the problem without forcing me to download 16g worth of stuff I already have and am not using now?

Old 06-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
TSR-AlexS

Customer Service

Hello,  my friends! I have notified the appropriate team regarding this issue. I will keep you updated when I receive more information. Thank you being patient!

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
Stolich

Loremaster

The above instructions seemed to wack my entire installation.  Lucky me, I now get to pull 13+ GB over a DSL connection.  Thanks ever so much.

Stolich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
Koleg

Lord

Here, let me ask the question in simpler terms since people seem to keep answering a question than is not being asked.

I am trying to run EQ2 from the Everquest2.exe not the EQ2.exe (aka Launcer).   I do not like the forced advertising, I do not like the stored login data and REFUSE to store passwords under these conditions.  SOE may feel this is a convenience or a desired feature, but I do not.  I have multiple recurring gold subs and have no issue in the past running them without streaming.   The game has run for years from it's native full client instaltion without being forced into some poorly designed and horribly slow streaming environment.   When running from the Everquest2.exe the client is being forced into a Streaming mode.  I want to be able to run the Everquest2.exe client in under the full downloaded client which I have downloaded several times now.  I use the launcher (aka EQ2.exe) to patch the client everytime it is updated, but afterwards I run from the Everquest2.exe.

So, how can Everquest2.exe be executed from a full download, without streaming?