EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Look and Feel
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-30-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
ShaenO

Loremaster

That window that appears when you log in with furniture items on it, whatever it is, is totally black other than the Legends of norrath logo and the items on the right. What is it and how do I get rid of it? I can close it by clicking on it and selecting close. The map window has a big white box at the top that shows various tool tips like it would if there were icons up there. The threat meter does not work, but I've since hidden it and threat shows on the mobs anyway. I've updated my video drivers, do you think one of my custom UI items is messing these windows up?

Old 05-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
Rothgar

Developer

If you're using a custom UI, that is most definitely the problem.  The best thing to do is delete the custom UI folder and completely reinstall the latest version of that UI.  This normally fixes 99% of problems related to that UI.

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
M0rticia

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

That window that appears when you log in with furniture items on it, whatever it is, is totally black other than the Legends of norrath logo and the items on the right. What is it and how do I get rid of it? I can close it by clicking on it and selecting close. The map window has a big white box at the top that shows various tool tips like it would if there were icons up there. The threat meter does not work, but I've since hidden it and threat shows on the mobs anyway. I've updated my video drivers, do you think one of my custom UI items is messing these windows up?

If you're not using the most current version of your UI or your UI hasn't made modifications since the 'welcome screen' was implemented, then you will see a black screen. Just download the most recent versions of your UI and it should fix the problem. I know Fetish Nightfall and Profit both have made changes to implement the welcome screen and they both appear correctly if you have the newest version.

M0rticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
ShaenO

Loremaster

Thanks, that was the issue. On to another one I hoped would be fixed by this. Most of the time when I zone the screen will show me where I am going and sounds can be heard but my health bar is dark like it would be for a group member's name who is zoning. It only takes a few seconds to stop but I was wondering what causes it.