EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-01-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
d19375

I just quit WoW after a final breaking point and I'm really interested in this game.  I wanna know a few things though and I hope I don't get flamed too bad.  I've gotten most of my questions answered just by browsing these forums but I have a few more.  Ok here we go. - Does the race you choose affect the class you choose stat wise? - I will be doing a majority of my leveling solo due to an odd work schedule, what's a few classes that could solo 1-70? - I was a big crafter in WoW... but that system was lack-luster as far as profits go, is the crafting system in EQII worth taking up for profit? - I played a Druid in WoW that I could be in a party as a healer, tank, or damage dealer depending on what the party needed... does EQII offer classes that are well rounded enough to do this or is what you choose basically your role in stone? - Is it too late for me to come to EQII seeing as it's been out for 2 years+ now?  Am I too far behind the curve? - Gold farming was so ridiculous in WoW, how bad is it in EQII?  I know it's out there.. all mmo's have it.. but I don't wanna walk from point A to point B and recieve 20 messages from farmers like I did in WoW. Thanks in advance everyone! -d
d19375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #2
Risca
Server: Crushbone
Guild: House of Cards

General

Welcome! As an answer to your questions I currently have no idea, due to the fact that I am new myself. I myself am taking an extended break from SWG, we all need those sometimes lol. You'll get some posts on your thread soon enough, turns out people are actually helpful on this game...who would've thought? lol
Risca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #3
Image_Vain

Scholar

Location: In a basement, a very, very, dark basement, I havent seen the sun in like, 10 years =(

DarkVizone wrote:
Welcome! As an answer to your questions I currently have no idea, due to the fact that I am new myself. I myself am taking an extended break from SWG, we all need those sometimes lol. You'll get some posts on your thread soon enough, turns out people are actually helpful on this game...who would've thought? lol
Quiet n00b, learn your place. ---------------------------------------------- Yes welcome to EQ2, were a very friendly community, and enjoy helping new people, you'll also find our forums way more mature then that of WoW's forum can solo very well. A Fury can solo very well. A Necromancer can solo very well. A Conjurer can solo Extremely well. And a Wizard can solo well. Race means absolutely nothing end game, so pick what you feel you like. As for crafting, I think Armour or Sage is the best and most needed. Play on Antonia Bayle, best pve server, it's RP prefer but  you don't actually have to. Be prepared to be /telled every 10 minutes, by farmers advertising money, "Servers with the "EXCHANGE SIGN" is  legal server that sony made for plat sells and toon buyer" No, theres always new players coming in, and you should join a guild ASAP, I just reinstalled after 1 year away and let me tell you, there are still allot of low lvl groups, but pick Antonia server and stuff.
Image_Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #4
Image_Vain

Scholar

Location: In a basement, a very, very, dark basement, I havent seen the sun in like, 10 years =(

Image_Vain wrote:
DarkVizone wrote:
Quiet n00b, learn your place. ---------------------------------------------- Yes welcome to EQ2, were a very friendly community, and enjoy helping new people, you'll also find our forums way more mature then that of WoW's forum. A Fury can solo very well. A Necromancer can solo very well. A Conjurer can solo Extremely well. And a Wizard can solo well. Race means absolutely nothing end game, so pick what you feel you like. As for crafting, I think Armour or Sage is the best and most needed. Play on Antonia Bayle, best pve server, it's RP prefer but  you don't actually have to. Be prepared to be /telled every 10 minutes, by farmers advertising money, "Servers with the "EXCHANGE SIGN" is  legal server that sony made for plat sells and toon buyer" No, theres always new players coming in, and you should join a guild ASAP, I just reinstalled after 1 year away and let me tell you, there are still allot of low lvl groups, but pick Antonia server and stuff.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:13 AM   #5
Kaberu

Loremaster

- Race makes a slight difference at low levels but in general, it's a non-issue at higher levels aside from maybe a few utilities (like being able to stealth as a dark elf while I go AFK since I have no invis as a berserker)  - Alot of classes are good at soloing. For the most capabilities while solo, try Bruisers, Necromancers and Coercers. For classic root/nuke action, both Wizards and Warlocks are good. For fighters, Guardians and Paladins tend to be slow although the Paladin is extremely durable and capable. For scouts, Brigands and Swashbucklers are the most durable although Rangers can solo some insanely tough mobs (on par with root/nukers) provided they have the room to maneuver. Bards are decent enough and Assassins can easliy be put in situations where they have a huge disadvantage. Healers, Furies are where it's at although Inquisitors can put out some nice damage once they have plenty of AAs under their belt. Most other healers are just too slow to really be considered viable soloers.  - Crafting is not my forte, but it is a nice way to either earn money, or cut your own costs by supplying your own needs (spell upgrades, armor, etc...). Adornments seem to be the current money maker right now provided you have the supplies to make the good ones.  - Furies are closest to WoW Druids by the way you describe except it is very unlikely anyone will invite you to group to do anything but heal. The Necromancer is far more capable of filling those multiple roles with the right AA points. Healing is the only area where the Fury has an advantage.  - It's not too late, there are plenty of low level alts and yes, new players out there with you!  - I highly recommend using /anon as soon as you first log in for each character as it will cut down alot of gold farmer tells. Avoiding the city areas when you don't need to be in them helps some. My main has been /anon since the beginning of the game and at best I get one tell every other night at the most.
Kaberu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:15 AM   #6
dr4gonUK

Loremaster

d19375 wrote:

I just quit WoW after a final breaking point and I'm really interested in this game.  I wanna know a few things though and I hope I don't get flamed too bad.  I've gotten most of my questions answered just by browsing these forums but I have a few more.  Ok here we go. - Does the race you choose affect the class you choose stat wise?

Early on yea, endgame no. - I will be doing a majority of my leveling solo due to an odd work schedule, what's a few classes that could solo 1-70?

Any class can solo, some solo better than others. - I was a big crafter in WoW... but that system was lack-luster as far as profits go, is the crafting system in EQII worth taking up for profit?

Yes. Depending on how busy the server is. - I played a Druid in WoW that I could be in a party as a healer, tank, or damage dealer depending on what the party needed... does EQII offer classes that are well rounded enough to do this or is what you choose basically your role in stone?

Healer classes are'nt the best tanks in the world, but the aa system allows you to focus on your prefered style of play. - Is it too late for me to come to EQII seeing as it's been out for 2 years+ now?  Am I too far behind the curve?

Next expansion will raise max lvl cap to 80. It is possible for an experienced player to hit cap in weeks. Possibly take a lot longer for a noob, depends how quick you pick up the game. - Gold farming was so ridiculous in WoW, how bad is it in EQII?  I know it's out there.. all mmo's have it.. but I don't wanna walk from point A to point B and recieve 20 messages from farmers like I did in WoW.

There is plat spam in eq2. But SOE are pro-active in banning plat sellers and plat buyers. Thanks in advance everyone! -d

edit : damm i r noob, my text was supposed to be coloured.
dr4gonUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:34 AM   #7
Deyaneyra

Loremaster

Welcome to EQ2 SMILEY Also if you play on an odd schedule you will find active people all the time on any servers, so groups should be availabe still. I am european playing on an american server because of my odd playtime and because I love the "international" community, but I never had big problems to find groups going. If you create your character at your usual playtime you can see server loads and choose one that will be active around your time. Enjoy and be safe!

Sorry for no perfect english, german native here
Deyaneyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:52 AM   #8
Yngwiem

Loremaster

There are a lot of good answers here... I will throw in my 2 coppers worth:

My wife had never played an MMO prior to EQ2, and she has a 68 Conjurer. So, that is a class that can solo (Necro just as well on the evil side).

I hear a lot of good things about Fury's solo capability as well as their healing.

As for crafting, Sage would probably make you the most money. You just have to get the rares to make the Adept III spells. Personally, I am a Provisioner (cook). For the first 18 months, I only used vendor food/drink. Slap my head and call me silly.... Player made food is the way to go. I just made an evil fae (Arasai), and am using the food that you get when you create your character... yawn.. waiting for my health/power to regen. With player made food/drink, it's almost like having no downtime. I don't know if it is profitable, as I can only make it as fast as my guild can use it!! Hahaha!!

Yngwiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:04 AM   #9
d19375

Wow I've gotta say I'm impressed!  I didn't expect so many friendly responces in such a short amount of time.  Thanks to all for answering my questions and not spamming me with "omgwtf noob [Removed for Content]lol roxorz!!1one!".  I think I'll give it a shot as a Fury, shapeshifting sounds fun SMILEY -d
d19375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #10
Deathba
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Heavens Might

General

hehe i also came here from WoW yesterday (i had prior experience with this game though) and just let me clear it up Shapeshifting is nothing like a druids shapeshifting in wow you dont get new skills or anything, just a new character form and a bit of a buff =P welcome to eq2.... and yes, low levels are no problem for groups, people play alts =P
Deathba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #11
Image_Vain

Scholar

d19375 wrote:
Wow I've gotta say I'm impressed!  I didn't expect so many friendly responces in such a short amount of time.  Thanks to all for answering my questions and not spamming me with "omgwtf noob [Removed for Content]lol roxorz!!1one!".  I think I'll give it a shot as a Fury, shapeshifting sounds fun SMILEY -d
OMGS IT'S T3H n00bs!!!001onebbqroflyroxerz11!!  get lost n00bs!!76428957422!!!oneonethreeroxeryourboxers, runnz r t3h hillz!!. /Joking, welcome to EQ2, it's safer here.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:20 AM   #12
Pravius
Server: Mistmoore

Loremaster

Welcome to a game where the community is awesome.  I also came from WoW but played this back in release and the reason I am playing this right now is because of the awesome community.  You will see the same attitude in game as well in the level 1-9, 10-20 ect channels.  Everyone that plays this game seems to be extremely helpful and I am also very impressed with the community.
As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.
Pravius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #13
Morgarag

Loremaster

d19375 wrote:
I just quit WoW after a final breaking point and I'm really interested in this game.  I wanna know a few things though and I hope I don't get flamed too bad.  I've gotten most of my questions answered just by browsing these forums but I have a few more.  Ok here we go. - Does the race you choose affect the class you choose stat wise? - I will be doing a majority of my leveling solo due to an odd work schedule, what's a few classes that could solo 1-70? - I was a big crafter in WoW... but that system was lack-luster as far as profits go, is the crafting system in EQII worth taking up for profit? - I played a Druid in WoW that I could be in a party as a healer, tank, or damage dealer depending on what the party needed... does EQII offer classes that are well rounded enough to do this or is what you choose basically your role in stone? - Is it too late for me to come to EQII seeing as it's been out for 2 years+ now?  Am I too far behind the curve? - Gold farming was so ridiculous in WoW, how bad is it in EQII?  I know it's out there.. all mmo's have it.. but I don't wanna walk from point A to point B and recieve 20 messages from farmers like I did in WoW. Thanks in advance everyone! -d
Welcome, I ran screaming from that game too.  Making the transition to EQ2 was pretty easy, and after only a few days you'll wonder why you stuck with WoW at all SMILEY  People are a lot friendlier and mature in this game ... and ... well ... competent. Race makes a slight difference at the very beginning, but you'll level past that stage so quickly you shouldn't care about racial stats at all really.  Play the race you like best aesthetically (and is compatible with the class you're interested in). The crafting system in WoW is utterly hopeless.  Too easy, too little of any worth at all since quested items are better.  This isn't the case in this game at all.  Right from day 1 I've made consistent and GOOD profit in this game, and the items you make are actually sought after for the most part (so long as you stick to crafting rare items, you'll rake in the plat).  I went with provisioner to have a constant source of food, and even that brings in good plat for me. As far as I know there isn't any class in EQ2 that's quite like the WoW druid.  Whoever suggested Fury - good call.  As far as I know that's as close as it gets, but since I don't play one my knowledge of them is limited.  I play a shadowknight and have found soloing/farming with him to be amazing.  Don't expect an overpowered bear/god mode on the fury SMILEY Don't worry about being behind the curve.  Unlike WoW, there is so much to do along the way here you'll never be left behind.  This game isn't a meaningless race to endgame (and then ... major boredom and constant abuse from a bored community trying to entertain itself). As for gold farming, I do get occasional tels on my server, but not really that many.  When you're out harvesting or whatever you also won't see anywhere near as many farmers or bots stealing your nodes and kills.  This may be particular to my server, not sure, but in my experience it's nothing like in WoW. Welcome, enjoy SMILEY
Morgarag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #14
KunamitsuUK

Loremaster

WoW refugee, theres a steady stream on my server, when you guys played WoW were there any EQ2 refugees?

People always like to think the grass is greener...

BTW it is greener here, not heard many good things on the WoW community apparantly its dog eat dog, whereas the majority of EQ2 players are really helpful.

A tip no one has mentioned is that if your new get yourself in an established guild, the larger guilds have the manpower and resources to tutor new players, the smaller ones will want you to join solely to boost numbers whereas the larger, although wanting your number, will spare time to help you out.

KunamitsuUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #15
DocSilver

Lord

Many good answers already, I just like to add a tidbid on your question on a flexible class.

In fact, most classes have their designated primary role, but surely some are more flexible than others. For example, the paladin can fill out the role of healer, tank or damage dealer well in a group. But be advised that this can make it also difficult to be considered for raiding (endgame), as the more flexible classes seldom excell in any area and therefore there is always a more obvious choice to fill the spots.

But anyway, as you said you like to solo most of the time anyway, this should not be a major concern for you. Best try out a couple of classes and go ahead what suits you most. SMILEY

Side not on gold sellers (here they're called plat sellers), actually on my server 1-2 weeks ago the spam rate increased sharply. Hopefully SOE takes some action on that issue.

DocSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:57 AM   #16
Norrsken

Loremaster

d19375 wrote:
Welcome over, and I hope you'll enjoy your stay. -Race doesnt matter much at all. At least not once you hit like lvl 20. -Crafting is the way I make anbout 50% of my cash, the rest is farming loot. -There are a ver select few classes that can hop into different roles like that, the necro can heal in a pinch, DPS, and tank. They dont excell at healing or tanking, but DPS like its nobodyes buisness. Pallies can also heal, tank and dps, but they are mor ont he tanking side, and dont heal or dps as good. SKs tank and self heal, and dps, and they do all three good. The thing is, they can pretty much only self heal. Conjurers are about the same as necros. DPS heal and tanking. Little less healing and no rez though. -Its not too late. And you're welcome here. Enjoy the more mature community. SMILEY -Plat farmers are here, but if you hop on one of the pvp servers, you can go kill them when it annoys you. SMILEY

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #17
Morgarag

Loremaster

KunamitsuUK wrote:

WoW refugee, theres a steady stream on my server, when you guys played WoW were there any EQ2 refugees?

People always like to think the grass is greener...

Hah - nope.  EQ2 just got put down constantly as a lot of people in WoW used to play EQ1 and still haven't figured out that EQ2 isn't the same game.  In WoW people's attitude is very far from grass is greener on the other side - it's more like they have the greenest grass there is and anyone who might disagree is just stupid. Good point about designated primary roles and endgame.  I guess it can be that way.  I think it depends on the guild though.  Generally speaking it could very well be as you describe it (where some classes like SK might have a tough time finding a raid spot), but that really just boils down to general perceptions and attitudes.  That sort of thing dissipates in the better guilds where people know what their guildies are actually capable of.  In my guild people are always given chances and opportunities, resulting in a lot of different strategies and group configurations.  We do fine, but we're not trying to dominate endgame - we're just all about fun. Moral of the story I guess is a)play the class you like, and b)find a GOOD guild - and remember that a *successful* guild doesn't necessarily mean it's a *good* one.
Morgarag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:42 PM   #18
Scai

Journeyman

Heya, I'm new to EQ2 as well, and likewise a WoW refugee.  I've had more fun the past week on EQ2 than I have in WoW in the past few months.  I think one of the hardest things to do when moving to EQ2 was to let myself check the forums... I'm so used to preping myself for a fight on the WoW forums that I've mostly avoided forums all together from the years of abuse.  This community is a great change of pace. I do have a suggestion though.  When I downloaded the trial, I ended up playing almost every class to 6+ and a few to 10.  It's really quick and easy to get to those levels and it will at least give you a bit of an idea for what you'll want to play.  I ended up liking fury and assassin, both dark elf. The feeling i get so far from EQ2 is totally different than what I get in WoW.  In WoW, I tended to join the new pvp servers for the fresh feel.  A few weeks after, it just wouldn't feel fresh anymore and by the time I hit my 40s/50s, most people were maxed out and I just felt left behind since I didn't have 10 hours to play every day.  I was really worried moving over to EQ2 thinking everyone would be maxed and I would be alone but so far that has been anything but the case.  Tons of players on my server (nagafen or something, the PvP server) everywhere you look and I'm only 10.  Mobs respawn really quick, I've never had to run around looking for a quest mob even with multiple people fighting in the same area. I think I'm rambling now... hope you enjoy SMILEY
Scai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #19
Bluphoenix2008

Hi, I'm also from WoW...I got bored once i was 70 for a while everything was repetative.  I'm planning on coming to EQ2 and hopefully having fun SMILEY  right now I've bought the game but It's taking a long time to update, and the estimated times don't seem very consistant..it started at 60 hours, went down to 20, up to 100 and now is at around 7....would like to get to play tonight before i go to bed but i dont know...lol
Bluphoenix2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #20
Graywindnz

Loremaster

Hello to all you old WoW players and of cource welcome to EQ2

I thought i would just pop in and mention that the quickest way to play is to buy the EoF boxed set that has all the expantions in it, there will ba a long download but my guess it would be the same thing no matter what MMO you started up again just be paitent and will look fward to seeing you in game.

If you do get "spamed" by a "plat seller" press "r" and replace "tell" with report and add after the name "plat seller" what this does is send a EQ2 CSR a note of sorts with the last 10 lines in your char so they can see the spammers, note you can only do this once every 5 min.  The more people that do this will help rid the servers of the idiots they try and sell plat...

Most of all have fun, and if you come to Guk look me up..

Old 07-06-2007, 01:48 AM   #21
TheSpin

Loremaster

Here are some general differences from wow compared to eq2 as far as classes, roles, and overall gameplay (as I see it).

In Everquest 2 the focus is much more on pve as the everquest franchise was always pve focused.

In Everquest 2 they decided to make multiple classes that are able to fill any role in a group while in wow they decided to make a single class able to fill multiple roles.  This is why eq2 has so many more classes than wow.  Groups are 6 people max in eq2 rather th an 5 and I think it's because wow has no real 'support' classes and they instead spread out the features of a support class into all the classes.  Examples of support classes are things like the bards and enchanters of eq2 where they are a little lacking in the dps department but more than make up for it with their crowd conrol and/or buffs.

Alternate advancement is completely different in wow and eq2 because wow doesn't really have any.  In wow you get 1 talent point per level but in eq2 you can advance in achievement experience at a different rate than adventure experience.

Housing is another form of 'alternate advancement' because it's a place to showcase accomplishments and a way to 'show off' a bit.

Tradeskilling is different in wow than in eq2 because in eq2 it's very easy to gather materials but time consuming to put them together.  In wow it's kinda tough gathering materials but putting them together is just clicking a button. (there's more to be said in comparison, but overall that's the main difference).

TheSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #22
BungFoo

Loremaster

Everyones done a good job of answering questions so far. I just wanted to add a bit on the topic of class flexibility. Generally speaking in groups you will be expected to fulfill the primary role of the class you are playing, tanks tanking, dps dpsing healers healing etc. However, there are always circumstances where you will need to be flexible and fulfill other roles either because someone dies at an inopportune moment, because your group is killing time waiting for others to arrive, because you are having trouble filling out the group or even because you've got a group that doesn't contain one of the tank/healer/dps role classes. For example, mystics and defilers are healers but they primarily use wards to prevent damage in the first place. I've played in groups where we couldn't find a tank and my wizard, with the warders help, has filled the role of tank. Another example is if your group has two furies, one can DPS while the other heals. Furies have decent dps too. Scouts can tank with a healer in the party if need be as well. Necro's and other pet classes can use their pets as the tank for a group as well. Generally these non-standard groups require a higher degree of flexibility and coordination between the group members but they can be a lot of fun and a lot more rewarding than a standard group just because, with a standard group as long as no one screws up you'll do fine. With a goofy group everyone needs to be on top of their game and really understand their class to be successful. Hope you are still enjoying eq2. I've played since launch and I still love it. The community is generally very good and the classes are balanced to strengthen each other.
BungFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #23
Gnobrin

Steam-monkey

First and foremost, welcome!  It's a mighty big family here, and we're glad to see you! -Does the race you choose affect the class you choose stat wise?  At the start, yes.  As you level up though, you'll be able to alter those amounts.  If you wish to be a Gnomish brawler or an Ogre Warden, go for it.  Play what you want to play!  - I will be doing a majority of my leveling solo due to an odd work schedule, what's a few classes that could solo 1-70?  Hmmm.  Solo'ing can be a little tough from time to time, but certainly anything but impossible.  Many of the casting "pet" classes are good for solo work, as well as some of the healers, such as Wardens (the tougher fights may last a lil' longer, but you'll survive).  The best suggestion is to try out several classes that you find interesting and see what YOU want to do.  What some folks find fun may not be what you find fun. - I was a big crafter in WoW... but that system was lack-luster as far as profits go, is the crafting system in EQII worth taking up for profit?  Tradeskills FTW!  If you liked it there, you'll love it here as well.  Our tradeskill folks are amazing, and there's MANY great tutorials available as well as a thriving (possibly bloodthirsty) group that oversees the tradeskill forums that'll be happy to help you, too!  With so many things to make, it's only up to what you want to do. - I played a Druid in WoW that I could be in a party as a healer, tank, or damage dealer depending on what the party needed... does EQII offer classes that are well rounded enough to do this or is what you choose basically your role in stone?   You got it!  Many of the classes are really well suited for solo play as well as group, depending on what gear you can settle into. - Is it too late for me to come to EQII seeing as it's been out for 2 years+ now?  Am I too far behind the curve?   NO, never!  The game's not on a curve in that respect, so there's no "too late" to join.  With the awesome stuff that's been added recently (Neriak and the Arasai, just to name two), there's many "younglings" playing in those lower levels.  Jump in, the adventuring's fine! - Gold farming was so ridiculous in WoW, how bad is it in EQII?  I know it's out there.. all mmo's have it.. but I don't wanna walk from point A to point B and recieve 20 messages from farmers like I did in WoW.   A common issue, one that's continually being fought.  Much like the orc threat of Freeport or Gnoll threat of Qeynos, when you hammer one, there's others to then jump in.  Until there's some changes made to the current chat (And it's been stated recently that it's being worked on), it's a concerted effort to help stem that tide of spamming.  Too, try using the /roleplay or /anon function to help stifle that contact a bit.  It'll not solve it, but I myself don't get too many (it's actually really rare) requests for plat spams when I play.  If you do, report them and call the attention of the Customer Support too, since they're doing all they can to assist.   Again, and I can't stress it enough, welcome to the adventure!  If you have any other issues or questions, don't hesitate to ask in game or through here.  There's so many of your fellow players that can help, so many that have absolutely outstanding input.    Have fun! ~Gnobrin!
Gnobrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:36 PM   #24
Gnobrin

Steam-monkey

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=34658...post_id=4194121 Rude reply to someone happy to have joined the game from WOW. Inappropriate.
Gnobrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #25
Ender_of_Lyfe

I just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everyone who replied here.  It is said that first impressions are usually the right ones and although not alone, the quality of replies in this thread and others like it have influenced me to pick up this game after almost 3 years in WoW.  

Just one question, do you feel that on the whole the quality of the game is improving or declining compared to, say a year ago? Thanks again!

Ender_of_Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:05 AM   #26
Leemeg

Loremaster

Ender_of_Lyfe wrote:

I just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everyone who replied here.  It is said that first impressions are usually the right ones and although not alone, the quality of replies in this thread and others like it have influenced me to pick up this game after almost 3 years in WoW.  

Just one question, do you feel that on the whole the quality of the game is improving or declining compared to, say a year ago? Thanks again!

I would say improving. And if you look at the posts around, I doubt that I'm alone with that impression SMILEY
Leemeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #27
TheSpin

Loremaster

Ender_of_Lyfe wrote:

EQ2 has become the game people hoped it would be upon its release (in my opinion).  In addition to the large improvements in gameplay there is noticeable work on adding new content and further improving the gameplay on a regular basis.

Wow has had a total of....one expansion.  The only new material I saw during my stay there was a brief period when the necropolis returned but it was temporary and now nearly forgotten. 

EQ2 has had a total of 3 expansions and a fourth announced. In addition there have been 3 adventure packs and now introduction of some sizeable new free content (neriak).

I feel like blizzard's developers are stagnating while eq2 is still working hard to bring new people aboard.

Last time I checked out the wow website it had more stuff about the trading card game than the online game and I have absolutely no interest in that.

TheSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #28
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Ender_of_Lyfe wrote:

Absolutely improving.  'Matter of fact, the dev team has worked tirelessly to tweak and tune the game and IMO it's pretty solid.   If EoF is anything to judge from, RoK in November will be somethin' else.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:01 AM   #29
Greystrix

Loremaster

Hi guys, thought I would chime in too. =) I am a new player from WoW also.I had left EQ1 for WoW because my pc just couldn't handle the game till now. I am so glad I came to EQ2, kinda feels like coming home. (getting misty eyed) =-)
Greystrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #30
Phyzzx

Loremaster

Greystrix wrote:
Hi guys, thought I would chime in too. =) I am a new player from WoW also.I had left EQ1 for WoW because my pc just couldn't handle the game till now. I am so glad I came to EQ2, kinda feels like coming home. (getting misty eyed) =-)
Roger that!  When I booted up EQ2 for the first time, I had that "coming home" feeling as well.  I played WoW to 70, and became infinately bored with repetition.  I came to EQ2, and haven't looked back.
Phyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote