EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2005, 11:18 AM   #1
Bezado

Loremaster
Bezado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46
Default

I don't know anywhere else to post this but I need to get about 16 of my friends I had in game there info to email them or try get ahold them, they all quit. I canceled my account also but when I loged in to say hi and get ICQ AIM names evryone had quit and was offline since FEB 17...I had 80 people in my guild but now it had down to only 4 members online!! I asked if anyone seen anyone else they said its been bare guild since 17th, they didn't see anyone loging in for to long. SO normally before patch I had 40+ members online all time now this. Anyway SOE is there anyway to get some info so I can get ahold those friends from in game I use to play with? I wana talk to them see what games they going to next. Thanks

Message Edited by Bezado on 02-19-2005 10:21 PM

Bezado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:21 AM   #2
Vergin

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
Default

they probably won't give out any personal information like that : / did your guild have a forums they used? may-b you can go there and ask them for their info.
 
I've heard ALOT of people left the game or are on strike, so don't feel like only your friends left. Most are protesting the patch 
Vergin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
Bezado

Loremaster
Bezado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46
Default

Yea our guild page is down, strangely. I don't know what that means. Hope the creator of our website didn't destroy it or take off because this I really need the info to get ahold my friends who quit. I am positive they quit because they where last on 17th after patch, and the 4 loged on guild I asked said the whole guild quit just about. Makes me sad that i didn't get chance say goodbye.

Message Edited by Bezado on 02-19-2005 11:10 PM

Bezado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #4
Eadari

Loremaster
Eadari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Balad,IRAQ
Posts: 14
Default

Sorry SMILEY but SoE wont give out any personal information about people, Hopefully the will see this post or maybe the have your contact info and the will get ahold of you.
__________________
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

Deep Thoughts By Jack Handy
Eadari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:02 PM   #5
Kwoung

Tester
Kwoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 710
Default

Your entire guild quit? No offense, but you might want to just find new friends who are a lot more fun to play with, seems like if they all quit, they sure were not having a very good time together.
Kwoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 03:03 PM   #6
Miral

Tester
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 652
Default

heh poster quit too he said. if a game stops being fun or worth the money, people quit playing it. its a pretty simple concept...
__________________
yes I'm back, on the 7 day return to eq2 trial. to check out what the combat changes finally ended up being.
Miral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:18 AM   #7
Flab

 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 14
Default

Sorry to hear that Bezado..
 
If it was so that everyone left due to patch, this should gets someones attention I guess... I [FAAR-NERFED!] well have met many, or rather have stopped meeting many, after this patch...playing should be fun, now many feel cheated..
In my view it is dangerous for devs to implement changes in a dynamic game based on what I would call "politics", though parts of the patch was good, others just angred the players. Let players roleplay and create their own world, their own societie with their own mechanics. A guiding hand is good, unfair and constructed constrictions are not.
 
Hope to see u and your friends in EQ2 again when this all blows over, this world has sooo much potential, they just need to let it out SMILEY
Flab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:20 AM   #8
Vergin

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
Default

Your entire guild quit? No offense, but you might want to just find new friends who are a lot more fun to play with, seems like if they all quit, they sure were not having a very good time together.
just because people leave a game for whatever reason don't mean they weren't fun to play with.  I know of another guild of 75+ members (50 or so active accounts) that all closed their accounts too because the patch simply took the fun out of the game for them and they were all very good people and fun to play with.  I'm sure they weren't the only people either, just helping you understand that your reply is not correct SMILEY
Vergin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 03:42 AM   #9
Kwoung

Tester
Kwoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 710
Default



Miral wrote:
heh poster quit too he said. if a game stops being fun or worth the money, people quit playing it. its a pretty simple concept...


I find that the people I play with is 80% responsible for my level of fun in these games.. the other 20% is the game itself. Thus, if you are not having fun, maybe make new friends... these games are all about having fun with your friends after all.

Edit: And to the reply right above mine... yeah, if your guild / friends are all focused on some change they feel is negative and all hammer each other about it... they will definately all quit. However, if you are playing with folks that roll with the punches and just have fun, you will also continue to do so most likely. Stuff costing a little more to make, not being able to sell your stuff for what you paid for it and a horse running a little slower are all trivial things and have very little to do with what makes a game *fun*. If you and your friends are out adventuring, exploring, crafting and selling at the new prices, doing quests or whatever... almost none of the aforementioned things make one iota of difference in the level of fun that can be obtained in a game.

Message Edited by Kwoung on 02-20-2005 02:48 PM

Kwoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:13 AM   #10
Lluch

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5
Default

If you actually had "friends" would you not have contact info.  If they actually cared about you would they not contact you before they quit.
 
From what I read the only person you know that quit is you and frankly I would bet you haven't quit yourself.  Were you even in a guild because your description of yours does not ring true?  Was this guild comprised completely of Alchemy practicing Paladins?
 
Next I guess we will hear that the above posts were done by your cousin again and that you still are playing. 

Message Edited by Lluched on 02-20-2005 04:20 PM

__________________
Hanner 27 Halfling Swashbuckler, Ding 26 Gnome Warlock 32 Sage,
Madfall 18 Iksar Druid 19 Scholar, Teigr 12 Kerra Warrior on Steamfont
formerly Anwariad Honeyguide 65 Shaman on Druzzil Ro
Lluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:43 AM   #11
Zo

 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 10
Default

Like the poster above me, I thing he also is a one person army. He doesnt have his 'friends' info? (lol) He actually posted here thinking that the all mighty SOE (as they think) would take into consideration what his situation is and actually tell him all these members emails and other bits and bobs?
 
I think, he is a sore loser that came back before going to WoW to 'mentally' make others go too. You could call me crazy, but its a guess non the less....
__________________
-------------------------------
I am the truth, I fight for the truth, I kill for the truth, I die by truth, who am I?

....The Seeker.
Zo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:10 AM   #12
Kyriel

Loremaster
Kyriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,386
Default

Zona u are traumatized with thos people *hands Zone a spa ticket "go relax buddy"* funny thing what zone said was the first thing to cross my mind as well lol
__________________
Click Below to Watch Kyriel's EQ2 Music Video!!
Kyriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:30 AM   #13
Rock

 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 38
Default

That many people quitting at the same time seems unlikely. This patch only had negative aspects to a certain percentage of player base. That 76 out of 80 players in a guild quit within a few days sounds fishy. 
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:33 AM   #14
Bezado

Loremaster
Bezado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46
Default

Hmm maybe you read my post wrong, I didn't say my guild that 76 people quit, I was saying how there are only few loged in now normaly before patch lots online like 40 or so. Now with me and my friends. They where people I knew in game we got along, I wasn't obsesed with them that I needed to get there phone number or something people for crist sakes. Anyway it seems that this community shows its ignorance evrytime someone makes a post on something.
 
You either leave the post alone or post if you have something to add thats within the threads topic. No argueing or accusing someone of lies or anything. The community here is very weak and most the people who post here are children or ones who just got into EQ2 which they can only play that game online because there Mommy and Daddy pay for it and wont let you get another mmorpg to play so you tough it out and full throtle DEFEND the game to your hearts content, which is what I see here.
 
Anyway I wanted some aim and ICQ numbers of the people my friends within game who quit, whats hard about that. Nevermind asking because evryone who [FAAR-NERFED!]es and moans on this community will JAB at you for evrything you post. So my conclusion is this, I leave to you the game for a community of immature assclowns who abruptly ignore any feelings of anyone else and go on living like there feelings dont matter at all. 
 
I have been gone from EQ2 now since the 18th when I canceled my subscription, if you want proof then ask the next guy who buys my account.
Bezado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:50 AM   #15
Rock

 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 38
Default

Your quote;
 
"I canceled my account also but when I loged in to say hi and get ICQ AIM names evryone had quit and was offline since FEB 17.."
 
 
You make the statement that you quit on the 18th, then make the statement above that everyone had quit the day before. As i and others pointed out your story sounds fishy. Its unlikely that- A: they were very good friends if you didn't have icq or e-mail for any of them or B: That the all without a word quit the day before you.
 
 
My guess is you knew if you posted here "I Quit," you knew no one would care, but by claiming a large guild all quit at the same time would have an impact. As for age i'm 53 and haven't lived with Mommy and Daddy for a very long time. If you really want to talk age your post sounds like a little kid whining.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:08 AM   #16
Bezado

Loremaster
Bezado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46
Default



Rockem wrote:
Your quote;
 
"I canceled my account also but when I loged in to say hi and get ICQ AIM names evryone had quit and was offline since FEB 17.."
 
 
You make the statement that you quit on the 18th, then make the statement above that everyone had quit the day before. As i and others pointed out your story sounds fishy. Its unlikely that- A: they were very good friends if you didn't have icq or e-mail for any of them or B: That the all without a word quit the day before you.
 
 
My guess is you knew if you posted here "I Quit," you knew no one would care, but by claiming a large guild all quit at the same time would have an impact. As for age i'm 53 and haven't lived with Mommy and Daddy for a very long time. If you really want to talk age your post sounds like a little kid whining.



Yea whats your point? I canceled my sub on the 18th and quit the 17th mid day, so by me loging in and asking the few in guild the 4 they told me the information on the 18th when I canceled the account, so if you read my thread clearly you would have got that. I don't care less what anyone else thinks.  So whats the big deal Grandpa?

As far as me not having any ICQ or AIM numbers names is because I played evryday after work so for what little time I played I didn't want to sit at computer after I loged off talking to people from in game all night or whatever. So is that good enough for you or do I need to explain my self more for you Grandpa? Also the thing I posted above about kids and MOMMY DADDY thing was meant to those who constantly flame others on this community and dont care about anyone elses feelings.

We all paid the same amount to play the game, there is no reason why evryone can't supply there own opinions. OMG if evryone was the same then there wouldn't be a world now would there!

Message Edited by Bezado on 02-20-2005 10:12 PM

Bezado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:28 PM   #17
Jan It

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 142
Default

I don´t believe you either. I suppose you made it up to get more attention and to strenghten the point that you didn´t like the patch as your imaginary friends did.Prove me wrong, what´s the name of your guild, which server and the website of your guild?
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I´ll be back when combat revamp and DoF beta are REALLY done.
Jan It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 03:23 PM   #18
Vergin

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
Default

Oh [for Crying out loud Rockem and Janitor, does it Really matter? I mean, most here knew what he was saying... just because you 2 can't comprehend something you attack it? gime a break. Isn't it past your bedtime?

Message Edited by Verginia on 02-21-2005 02:25 AM

Vergin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 03:42 PM   #19
Ryuno Yaiba

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 21
Default

lol I cant believe no one has picked him up on the fact that This is a TEST SERVER feedback forum.
__________________
Runnyeye
Ryuno: 19 Halfling Assassin
Esie: 32 Halfling Defiler
Ryuno Yaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:23 PM   #20
Jan It

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 142
Default


Verginia wrote:
Oh [for Crying out loud Rockem and Janitor, does it Really matter? I mean, most here knew what he was saying... just because you 2 can't comprehend something you attack it? gime a break. Isn't it past your bedtime?

Message Edited by Verginia on 02-21-2005 02:25 AM


Your´re absolutely right! I´ll shut up, and additionally I´ll work hard on myself to comprehend those annoying people who wholeheartedly take anything they read for granted, and who additionally tend to care about me getting a good night´s sleep.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I´ll be back when combat revamp and DoF beta are REALLY done.
Jan It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:23 PM   #21
Thunndar6

General
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 25
Default

 Actually most of my guildmates left to the point that I left the guild, so it's not unheard of people.
 
 
 There aren't alot of young new players either, I found this out be rolling an alt and seeing very few in my lvl range ( 25 ).
 
 
 I doubt 1 patch made them quit, but if they were crafters.... well alot of crafters have left this game for good reason.
Thunndar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:20 PM   #22
Daffid011

Tester
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 223
Default

This is the same guy who has been "quitting" since early january in several other posts and sometimes his "brother/cousin/neighbor" posts some naughtiness that he is not responsible for.Nothing to see here, move along.
__________________
========================
Fekkin (Berserker)-Test Server
Kajir (Coercer)-Test Server
========================
Daffid011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:29 PM   #23
Dracl

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5
Default

If you quit, how were you able to log in to see your friends had quit too?
Dracl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:05 AM   #24
Lancealittle

Tester
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 181
Default

You know they can't give out that kind of information.
 
Do you think I can get SOE to give me your email address now that you've quit?
__________________
Eeek- Ratonga Fury - Test
Gildenrose - High Elf Swashbuckler - Test
Lancealittle - Gnome Guardian - Test
Lancealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:42 AM   #25
Cecil_Stri

General
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 312
Default



Bezado wrote:
I don't know anywhere else to post this but I need to get about 16 of my friends I had in game there info to email them or try get ahold them, they all quit. I canceled my account also but when I loged in to say hi and get ICQ AIM names evryone had quit and was offline since FEB 17...I had 80 people in my guild but now it had down to only 4 members online!! I asked if anyone seen anyone else they said its been bare guild since 17th, they didn't see anyone loging in for to long. SO normally before patch I had 40+ members online all time now this. Anyway SOE is there anyway to get some info so I can get ahold those friends from in game I use to play with? I wana talk to them see what games they going to next. Thanks

Message Edited by Bezado on 02-19-2005 10:21 PM



Seems like a sad atempt to bash the patch to me.....
Cecil_Stri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:50 AM   #26
Cecil_Stri

General
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 312
Default

Yeah after reading afew of this guys posts...... Just another cry for attention.
 
Funny how no one pointed out that how does he know his whole guild quit the 17th and he quit the 18th..  I mean... did he just assume they didn't log in that day so they all quit?  Kinda a rash assumption don't you think?
 
Did he actually talk to them and they said they quit?  If so why didn't he get icq numbers or emails then SMILEY
 
 
 
 

Message Edited by Cecil_Strife on 02-21-2005 10:10 PM

Message Edited by Cecil_Strife on 02-21-2005 10:13 PM

Cecil_Stri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:22 AM   #27
Magic Wand

Loremaster
Magic Wand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 15
Default

People who cancel their accounts can't post in these forums. I know because I really did quit once.
 
All these people who post here to say they quit couldn't possibly have quit. Their accounts are still active.
 
Magic Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:52 AM   #28
Bezado

Loremaster
Bezado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46
Default



Magic Wand wrote:
People who cancel their accounts can't post in these forums. I know because I really did quit once.
 
All these people who post here to say they quit couldn't possibly have quit. Their accounts are still active.
 



[Removed for Content] very untrue, my account is canceled my friend..   Any DEVS reading this have my permision to answer this. I would urge anyone else who has a canceled account to post here and let this guy know you can still post with a cenceled account, my account is canceled it just doesnt close till the end of the billing period. Which is next month on the 13th.. So I can still log in if I wanted but I am done with the game and to the above post above you I did log back in after canceling account, I loged in on the 18th and asked 4 guildmembers whats up thats how I got the news, normally we had 40+ on during the peek hours so it must been true with only 4 online during that time.
 
You all asume that because you canceled account you couldn't log in or post here but now that I cleared that up you are now informed about how cancelations work. If you cancel it will ask you cancel now and forfiet any remaining time or close at end billing cycle. I choose at end billing cycle just incase someone who wanted to buy my account needed any further info on items charcters stats that I may have forgot. So with that out the way good luck to you all. I think I may just give this account to my cousin, so now he would have 2 accounts hehe. Anyway I dont see how just because you have posts previously that that calls for such arrogance and a flame to someone else? [FAAR-NERFED!] you guys are weak.
Bezado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.