EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Templar
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-11-2005, 08:49 AM   #1
Pa

I just started EQ2 and I decided to try out a Templar when I hit level 20.  But before I get deep into the class I have a few general questions....

I was reading in the manual that certain spells can be upgraded between three ranks and four grades within these three ranks.  It really confused me, how hard is it to upgrade these spells?  And how do I tell if a spell is upgradeable?  Any information about how to aquire higher ranks in my spells would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I come from EQ1 which is why I am kind of nervous about starting out as a healer.  On EQ1 it was nearly impossible to make money just from grouping, which meant that it was even harder to equip a character.  Is it hard to keep a Templar equipped?  I don't want to play through 20 levels just to find out I'm not going to be very good because of my gear.

Lastly, are there any good EQ2 websites a new player should know about?  For quests/spells and such?

Thanks in advance!!
Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:31 AM   #2
fasht

All spells can be upgraded and are upgraded as so:(lowest power)Apprentice I - The level the spell is when you get itApprentice II - Spells bought from the NPC stores.Apprentice IV - Crafted spellAdept I - Drops from monsters in chestsAdept III - Crafted by players in the same way as Apprentice IV *BUT* using rare materialsMaster I - Dropped from monsters - VERY VERY rare(highest power)NOTE: Master I is MUCH more powerful than Adept III. Likewise Adept I is more powerful than Apprentice IVYou'll basically want ALL your spells at Apprentice IV eventually since they aren't that expensive to make (crafted with normal easy to get items).You'll then want your important spells at Adept I or much better at Adept III. Master I.. meh... Yeah I'd also like a pony SMILEYYes, there are gaps, dunno what goes in there, never seen the spell in those gaps. I *THINK* some are supposed to be filled by Quested versions but dont believe they exist yet.NOTE: Some Apprentice IV spells are bugged and are in fact worse than Apprentice II versions. Check forum boards for more info...I'm a level 30 templer and sold about 1pp in total over the broker. Also make decent money via drops. I get enough money soloing or grouping to equipment myself. Frankly it seems easier to equip a Templer where the IMPORTANT spells I needed to upgrade to Adept III were lower in number than say a warlock or summoner.I wouldn't worry too much about cash SMILEY Hard in the short term but plenty there once you get to later levelsTry these sites:http://eq2.ogaming.com/http://eq2.allakhazam.com/Also a nice page for Templers is:http://eq2.tentonhammer.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&file=index&func=display&ceid=15&meid=56Some useful info for starting out playersHope this helps

Message Edited by fashtas on 03-10-2005 08:32 PM

fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
Mataic

RUN AWAY.

Yell for help and run as fast as you can.
Mataic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:24 PM   #4
Raahl

Loremaster

Be prepared to be popular.  :smileyvery-happy:

I've just leveled an alt to 20 templar and constantly have gotten invites to group. 

So far the class is a blast!

Cougaar - 90 Dirge

Corwin - 90 Guardian

Raahl - 30 something Templar

Kilped - 70'ish Ranger
Raahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:24 PM   #5
Raahl

Loremaster

Ack double post!

Message Edited by Raahl on 03-11-2005 06:25 AM

Cougaar - 90 Dirge