EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-07-2006, 03:23 AM   #1
n0kn0k

Loremaster

Dear SoE designers,Gates was already one of the less favorite instances for wizards,due to the inappropriately often assigned elemental immunities on the named mobs(kinda made me think of T5).However with your latest changes the fully debuffed mobs are even more resistant.8 nameds/chest droppers were now cold immune.To counter that:3 nameds/chest droppers were NOT heat immune anymore.What's the point in changing it this way 2 weeks before the release of KoS? Please enlighten a confused wizard.Edit: on a sidenote, running around with a load of master 1 and 2 spells,and way over 300 Disruption, i've never had so many resists as after LU19.Base resists might be too high after some changes? SMILEY

Edit2: Our necro's were reporting less immunities in poison also.

Message Edited by n0kn0k on 02-06-200602:29 PM

Message Edited by n0kn0k on 02-06-200602:30 PM

Xanadu, Runnyeye
n0kn0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #2
Asterra

Loremaster

8 nameds/chest droppers were now cold immune.What's the point in changing it this way 2 weeks before the release of KoS? Please enlighten a confused wizard.
We did this instance this evening, and naturally I noticed the cold resistances right away.  If you want an unavoidably cynical opinion, you only need to consider matters from a Wizard's perspective.  Underpowered for 100% of EQ2's existence.  Currently doing just over half of the DPS of the top classes which includes summoners (to contrast with the fact that Moorgard said sorcerers would be the top DPS).  Incidentally also a mage and therefore subject to the outrageously poor availability of loot.  Spell proc items favor all other classes over Wizards due to the cast times involved.  Run out of power faster than any other class.  On and on and on.Now one of the instances suddenly exhibits resistances which affect only those classes who rely a great deal on cold attacks.  Now, you tell me.  Is this really all that unprecedented?
Asterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #3
Luhai

Loremaster

We have noticed that, too.Because of the lack of time we could only do the trade court, but we encountered seven different mobs that were totally immune to cold damage.No update notes, only some statement from Moorgard talking about cosmetic changes...And yes, the usual poison/disease resists were gone.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
SinIsLaw

Loremaster

Yeah I was happy that I could finally do something in there, disease immunities had been very very large there and using autoattck and merly 2 CAs was not really the big killer. So I was happy with the changes - however reading now that there are cold immunities ... makes it kinda suck - fixing one side and breaking the other!in Lu19 it was said:NPCs:- Most creatures are no longer immune to certain damage types. Many will have retained high resistance to particular forms of damage but should no longer be completely immune.sooo basically the fixed poision, disease, slash, crush etc and screwed up cold :smileysad: :smileymad: wtg soe
Old 02-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #5
n0kn0k

Loremaster

Hehe we're not that bad SMILEY I'm always top5 dps after the summoners and the occasional ranger/warlock.But we do need some whizzy love on resists. The current situation is silly.The changes say mobs shouldnt be totally immune anymore.We fully debuffed those mobs in Gates with all the cold debuffs we had. And i just got the, unable to hit msg.Not partial damage, totally no damage at all.

Xanadu, Runnyeye
n0kn0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #6
Asterra

Loremaster

Hehe we're not that bad SMILEY I'm always top5 dps after the summoners and the occasional ranger/warlock.
Eh, speak for yourself.  I'm top 5 DPS when we don't have more than four Predators or Summoners.  Of course this is pretty much never.As for the cold resistance thing... My honest guess is that it's not intended.  This differs from the problem of Wizards doing half the DPS they should be, which is a combination of poor mathematics and studied avoidance of the issue.  This new resistance bug will probably be corrected by the next patch.  The Wizard problem.. who knows.  I don't have enough data to go on.  It's been around forever, with no breaks, so there's no precedent for anticipating a fix.
Asterra is offline   Reply With Quote