EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Necromancer
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-28-2006, 01:59 AM   #1
Lockeye

Developer

All problems associated with Necromancer tank pets holding aggro can be attributed to the Rending Frenzy spell line that had an unintended change that caused hate generated by the proc to be associated towards the Necromancer. The frequency of the proc going off outweighed the normal taunting ability of the tank pet, which caused it to appear that its taunts were not working properly.

In the upcoming hotfix tomorrow, Rending Frenzy's spell line will no longer associate hate towards the necromancer every time it triggers. Until then, please avoid using Rending Frenzy/Fury spells when your pet is tanking.
Lockeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:03 AM   #2
josie67

Loremaster

YAY!!! THank you very much for addressing and fixing this issue.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:04 AM   #3
ShadowedFlame

Loremaster

Thanks Lockeye.

ShadowedFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:08 AM   #4
Colossaltitan

Loremaster

Thanks much Lockeye!
Colossaltitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:08 AM   #5
KBern

Loremaster

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] thank you!

Hopefully this will work but I will stay positive!

Old 02-28-2006, 02:12 AM   #6
Eriol

Loremaster

Woot!/prays it will ACTUALLY work
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:12 AM   #7
Foruden

Loremaster

Awesome work, thanks.
Foruden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:16 AM   #8
Eriol

Loremaster

Just an FYI to all, this was also occurring on scout pets, since that thing triggers often when the pet HITS the mob too.
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:30 AM   #9
PaekNikl

Sweet, thanks for the info!
Butcherblock
PaekNikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:31 AM   #10
Tharangus

Loremaster

*grins* I can feel the love already... see... they weren't ignoring us after all.
Tharangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:34 AM   #11
jeanjuedi

Loremaster

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] This makes me happy in my pants!
Crushbone
jeanjuedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:44 AM   #12
Sir Alex

Loremaster

Awesome, thanks Lockeye SMILEY
Old 02-28-2006, 03:18 AM   #13
bmm7410

Loremaster

Thank you!!! 

I don't have to tank anymore!!!!:smileyvery-happy:
Old 02-28-2006, 03:37 AM   #14
Tallika_Runwithbears

Loremaster

/bow!!!  your my hero!!!:smileytongue:
Old 02-28-2006, 03:41 AM   #15
Dyse

Loremaster

H U R R A Y !!!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:38 AM   #16
Errie_Tholluxe

Loremaster

YAY!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:48 AM   #17
KdB

Lockeye wrote:
All problems associated with Necromancer tank pets holding aggro can be attributed to the Rending Frenzy spell line that had an unintended change that caused hate generated by the proc to be associated towards the Necromancer. The frequency of the proc going off outweighed the normal taunting ability of the tank pet, which caused it to appear that its taunts were not working properly.

In the upcoming hotfix tomorrow, Rending Frenzy's spell line will no longer associate hate towards the necromancer every time it triggers. Until then, please avoid using Rending Frenzy/Fury spells when your pet is tanking.

Thank you so much!
KdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:56 AM   #18
Usild

And it only took 2 weeks + for you to tell us what the problem was.  Well, thanks for fixing it at least.

Wooby
illusionist of Oasis
Usild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:17 AM   #19
Deila

Tester

Excellent news! Let's hope this will take care of the whole problem - I've been hearing reports from Necromancers under level 40 that have been experiencing the same issues with groups of linked mobs. Since the first in the Rending line comes at level 40, I wouldn't think that could be causing their problem.

All day today though, I've been testing linked mob fights without using Rending Frenzy, and yeps - linked mobs are sticking to my pet correctly. Looks like everyone found at least the major cause of this one at about the same time.  SMILEY

Old 02-28-2006, 06:31 AM   #20
sunmagic

Lord

Lockeye wrote:

Oh thank you oh thank you oh thank you.It works! And thanks to the person who first posted the fix to this issue. Your time indeed should be rewarded! SMILEY

Message Edited by sunmagic on 02-27-200605:32 PM

sunmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:43 AM   #21
StoneySilen

General

NM.

Message Edited by StoneySilence on 02-27-200605:43 PM

Old 02-28-2006, 02:06 PM   #22
schrammy

Loremaster

Well the tank pet HAD an ae taunt, will the rending fix give the pet an ae taunt again?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it will be fixed, but i can't see how this will fix the "multiple mob encounter" issue

schrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #23
eadil

General

Thank you so much !! I have been anxiously been awaiting the solution to this issue.

Messaana - Necromancer on Butcherblock

:smileyvery-happy:

eadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #24
Yirabeth

Loremaster

schrammy wrote:

Well the tank pet HAD an ae taunt, will the rending fix give the pet an ae taunt again?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it will be fixed, but i can't see how this will fix the "multiple mob encounter" issue

The problem seemed to be that the aggro generated by this spell was enough to override the aoe taunts and, being incorrectly applied to the pet owner, made the mobs RUSH the pet owner. Now, I'm not saying this will be the ENTIRE cure for the problem --- I'm fully intending on going ingame this evening and seeing for myself. But, I do believe that (if they fixed it properly, these things can be difficult from what I understand) this is a MAJOR portion of what was wrong. If there still tends to be other problems, then we take that up as they come. It's no good being down with only one change at a time --- we don't want them doing mass overhaul changes on a whim, it's better to test/fix/test/fix a bit at a time.Test it for yourself and see, I did.  Run your tank pet first with, then without, the Rending line, and you'll see the difference. Wait til they get this in, then try again, and we'll see how aoe goes.~Yira
Yirabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:52 PM   #25
Uanelven

Loremaster

Lockeye wrote:

Makes sense to me.   Thanks for posting this here.  Much appreciated.   :smileywink:

Uanelven : - Necromancer -
Uanelven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:42 PM   #26
Odium

Loremaster

WOO HOO!

Frankie (my Tank Pet) is doing a happy dance as we speak - which is odd since this means I'll be sending him head long into battle again - but tis the life of a Zombie.

Thanks Much!

Guild leader

www.Lotseekers.net

"Aliquando et insanire iucundum est!"
- It is sometimes pleasant even to act like a madman

Odium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:45 PM   #27
Taranwen

Loremaster

splendid thank you very much for the info...my pet will be happy that im finally letting him out of the closet for being an unattentive slave!
Old 02-28-2006, 08:48 PM   #28
Tharangus

Loremaster

I tested my diseased servant out last night with rending off and had NO problems.

And quit saying the AOE taunt is gone, schrammy... it's there, alright.  Otherwise I would have been toast.
Tharangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #29
sunmagic

Lord

Tharangus wrote:
I tested my diseased servant out last night with rending off and had NO problems.

And quit saying the AOE taunt is gone, schrammy... it's there, alright.  Otherwise I would have been toast.

The dev said AoE taunt was being over-powered:
-------------------------------------------------All problems associated with Necromancer tank pets holding aggro can be attributed to the Rending Frenzy spell line that had an unintended change that caused hate generated by the proc to be associated towards the Necromancer. The frequency of the proc going off outweighed the normal taunting ability of the tank pet, which caused it to appear that its taunts were not working properly.-------------------------------------------------So it was not gone. Just over powered by this spell. And yes, I tested this last night and it definatelty was the problem.Thank god too because I was about to give up and do crafting. SMILEY
sunmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #30
Zerebro

Loremaster

Lockeye wrote:

Hmz, does this Rending Frenzy apply to a level 32 necro using his Undying Adherent with
Minion's Stance: Grisly Brace?Last night I did what I used to do, use the fighter pet. I made 'm tank an encounter of 5 NPC's (6 levels below my own) for 10 seconds before I cast my first spells. But even before the 1st NPC was dead the other 4 were running towards me. The tank pet never retook the NPC's from me.
Zerebro is offline   Reply With Quote