EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Fighters
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
Darkon

The fact that it is unable to be recast in combat is awful.

It means that sk's become worse the longer the fight goes. No other class in EQ2 scales based on fight duration.

Lock it at a 2:30 reuse unmodifiable if you need to(I don't think it's necessary), just allow it to be recast in combat.

Sk's have arguably the worst survivability of any tank right now. It's not like I'm asking for a warrior buff! <3

P.S. For the love of everything holy please don't do something ridiculous like set it to a 5 minute unmodifiable reuse.
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
Tombstone

It even sounds awful. Your bloodletter has 2 triggers, it stacks with healers death-prevents, so that you can rotate your saves with their death-prevents and leave your BL triggers for emergency cases. And if you will be able to recast it in combat, you'll be immortal. True story.
Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
Luzionist

Nah dark just make all deathsaves non combat recastable ya know 1 and done
Luzionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
Darkon

No. It wont make sk's into a berserker, guardian, or monk.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #5
Darkon

Dominion was also a 30s fight. Raid encounters (sans CruorxBrigand) are not.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
Corydonn

> Tanks Dom as SK for months with no healer.

> SKs need more survivability/self healing.

[IMG]
Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #7
Hammdaddy

lol.
Hammdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #8
Buffrat

To be fair, Dom doesn't one shot you with every auto attack like most raid content.
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #9
Bouncing Skull

All the hate on SK's aside, I can see for sure why Bloodletter was initially non-castable in combat. When it was first introduced, it was amazing and and hands down the best death save in game. Times change. It's not like we are going to put it back up as soon as it drops. It still has a pretty long recast on it even with 100% reuse. At this stage in the game, in the era of one shots, it should be able to be cast in combat.
Bouncing Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #10
Daalilama

I thought at fanfair the question on bloodletter was brought up with regards to being unable to be cast in combat...the response given by Xelgad I believe alluded to it was going to be looked at for a change.
Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #11
Bouncing Skull

That was the indication, but with so much going on right now, a threat on it might help to make sure it is not forgotten.
Bouncing Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:11 PM   #12
Darkon

It's just a flag that needs to be toggled. It's a major QoL/balance issue.

On 2 minute fights sk's are incredible, on long fights though they become progressively worse.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:54 AM   #13
Darkon

So..
Old 10-20-2014, 05:37 AM   #14
Daalilama

This ability in which it is unable to be recast in combat (which does seem bit illogical) kind of reminds me of Guardians Tower of Stone ability prior to its revamp in which for every use the Guard's shield would take 10% damage which led guards to utilize master crafted shields many of them and just have them macro'd in for the buff so the mc shields would be cycled in and out as needed and their primary shield would not take TOS damage. Has there been an official reason for not changing this in combat yet?
Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #15
Darkon

I got a response 3 or 4 expansions ago that it would be overpowered. I understand the reasoning. When you compare sk's to berserkers, monks, or guardians though, you realize that it wouldn't even make sk's as powerful as any of the three top tier tanks.

The problem is it makes sk's scale so intensely against fight duration. A 30 minute fight sk's get 2 death prevents, every other class gets ~12-40. There are only like three top tier raid sk's left but it affects every level of player.

Base unmodifiable recast of 2 min, recastable in combat. Wouldn't make sk's preferable over zerker/guard/monk, but would make them a lot more fun to play than they are right now.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:10 AM   #16
Maergoth

Base unmodifiable recast of 2 minutes with 2 triggers and stacks with healer death prevents. Lol.

I understand the annoyance of having to wait for it in between pulls. I can't stand by the balance argument though. A maintained death prevent is extraordinarily powerful on its own. I would trade Divine Favor for Bloodletter any day.

Sure, I can recast Divine Favor.. in 2 minutes and 30 seconds. You can't really use 30 minute fights as your basis for balance. 10 is the target.

And in a 10 minute fight, I only get more than 2 triggers if mine gets consumed instantly upon casting. And I can die in between those triggers. And I can't utilize death prevents from priests until mine goes down.

So in the end.. yes. Make bloodletter reset its cast out of combat somehow. Give an out-of-combat ability that has 100% reset chance for it, if you can't think of something more elegant. Waiting around for something you can't use in combat is dumb.

Bloodletter is fine. The rest of your class, maybe not. But Bloodletter is balanced.

And even with my lame paladin death prevent, I can compete easily with the tanks you chose to mention instead.

SKs are supposed to be offtanks. Offtanks don't need 30 DP triggers in a 30 minute fight.
Maergoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:22 AM   #17
Corydonn

If only they made an ability to reset all of your cooldowns, And placed it right under an AA that grants you 20% to all attributes when tanking 4 or more mobs like an offtank..
Old 10-21-2014, 12:29 AM   #18
Maergoth

If only offtanking usually involved tanking 4 or more mobs, and the rest of the line wasn't awful.

I guess you could spec into it real quick, cast the ability, and then spec out of it. But is that really going to be encouraged?

Going down an entire AA line just to alleviate periodic annoyance is not a viable solution, lol.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:14 AM   #19
Corydonn

I wouldn't underestimate an instant always on with a hit 900 point mit debuff to all types of damage. The cure is kind of OK too if mobs do annoying things like debuff accuracy constantly!
Old 10-21-2014, 01:42 AM   #20
Maergoth

Useful in PVP maybe.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:29 AM   #21
Brenvia

If only it wasn't set so you could click said ability outside combat. Doesn't really apply to the topic of Bloodletter being castable in combat though, though it'd shorten having to wait on it if you wipe.
Brenvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #22
Kalika

Your 12 is probably for paladins ?

If you agree to put two trigger on favor of Marr ( i mean the paladin DP that can be recast in combat) I will may be agree ;-)

I agree with you that SK are currently at the bottom for survability ...
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #23
Maergoth

SK is at the bottom, but Bloodletter is not the issue.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:48 PM   #24
Corydonn

SK are at the bottom for tanking the mobs that have one big hit every long while,

Otherwise they are the best at everything else! Funny how that balance works out.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #25
Maergoth

That is not remotely true. SKs are awful at everything except tanking fluffy spam adds which don't exist anymore, nor matter even if they did.

And since every tank can tank those equally well, SKs only being able to do that is not a strength. It's just a niche in a world of universal application for other tanks.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #26
Luzionist

You guys used to run 2 SK's as your tanks and seemed to not have issues with survivabiltity has something changed?
Luzionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #27
Mogrim

2 SKs who would swap holding the named because they couldn't solely MT it due to survivability issues. Both of their groups would be set up like a MT group and they'd go back and forth cycling through their temps and healer temps and then swapping to the other group. Yeah.
Mogrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #28
Maergoth

It's true. I came over here, and they're constantly using every save imaginable at all times. And I am asking in group chat "Does he need all this to survive?"

the answer is yes.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #29
Mogrim

Now that I am guilded with him, I <3 Maergoth. Doesn't even make me sick to say it.
#noshame.
Mogrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:50 PM   #30
Genghes

Good thing you picked up a brawler Tongue
Genghes is offline   Reply With Quote