EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Bastis

Lord

SOE why in the world make a new stance, why not just increase dps on offensive stance. The -Hate on Reckless stance means nothing, dps = hate and tanks are doing absurd numbers now 2 million plus, it's the new tanking stance. Was this intended?

Bastis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
DarkelfOften

Defender

What is Reckless Stance and when will my bezerker get it? Whatever it is it sounds great from what I'm hearing.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=520433
DarkelfOften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:28 AM   #3
Landiin

Loremaster

You already have it Dark. It went live the 24th of this month.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #4
UnderToad

Loremaster

To be fair, I'm pretty sure they also incur +100% damage.
UnderToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
Landiin

Loremaster

UnderToad wrote:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure they also incur +100% damage.

IIRC it is 50% more but that is easly healed through by most healers in heroic settings.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
Gilasil

Loremaster

So a fighter in reckless can still tank in heroic because the healer can handle it?

My beastlord can tank in most heroic instances with good healing.  I've heard healers boast they could keep a wizard up for tanking.   In PUGs we've had all sorts of scout tanking.  Pretty much anyone can tank a lot of heroic content as long as they have good healing and generate enough hate to hold aggro.

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
hansomepete

Loremaster

Reckless stance is a joke.

Who in their right mind would take a stance that gives you 50% more damage?? even with the 50% potency I did not notice better damage. I did notice that My health was down to almost nothing with the mit changes and my self healing nerfed to all heck.

So they take away your mit, take away your self heal, don't know about you, but I use to have 114% now it's 53%, they give you a 5% damage reduction, and a stance that increases your damage taken by 50% yea that's fair!!

It's a slap in the face is what it is.

hansomepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
Neiloch

Loremaster

Our tanks can tank PoW trash in recklessness.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:08 AM   #9
DarkelfOften

Defender

hansomepete wrote:

Who in their right mind would take a stance that gives you 50% more damage??  

Anyone, for some situations.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=520433
DarkelfOften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:24 AM   #10
Davngr1

Loremaster

hansomepete wrote:

Who in their right mind would take a stance that gives you 50% more damage?? even with the 50% potency I did not notice better damage. I did notice that My health was down to almost nothing with the mit changes and my self healing nerfed to all heck.

So they take away your mit, take away your self heal, don't know about you, but I use to have 114% now it's 53%, they give you a 5% damage reduction, and a stance that increases your damage taken by 50% yea that's fair!!

It's a slap in the face is what it is.

crusaders = broken.   warlock with plate, deathsaves, stoneskins and heals.    lol

brawlers = ok boost vs. squish

warrior = useless

Old 07-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
Slittherss

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

#2 guild WW i sure hope he/she can...lol now how about the other oh 90% of all non raid main top 10 guilds WW tanks SMILEY

Grumice - 92 Brigand Unrest

Salizzaarr - 92 Warden Unrest

Marekiz - 92 Conjurer Unrest

Making mediocrity work in MMO's since 1999.
Slittherss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #12
Slittherss

Loremaster

though on a serious note....lol grats sony for further screwing the Wizard, Ranger and Assassin, Necro, Conj. If it wasn't for the debuffs from the swash/brig we'd be on the chopping block as well. Cause any player with half a brain can roll up a Crusader or Brawler and just Lolerskate all over those DPS classes with their dmg.

Grumice - 92 Brigand Unrest

Salizzaarr - 92 Warden Unrest

Marekiz - 92 Conjurer Unrest

Making mediocrity work in MMO's since 1999.
Slittherss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
Yimway

Loremaster

Slittherss wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

#2 guild WW i sure hope he/she can...lol now how about the other oh 90% of all non raid main top 10 guilds WW tanks

I'm quite surprised just how much I can tank in this stance.

Not something I'm using on HM fights, but almost all EM I can do this as long as I pay attention and block the important bits.

Also, there isn't remotely enough of a hate penalty, as its still very easy to hold agro while in the stance.

Much like good healers can heal thru the revised coop strike, good heals can heal thru reckless.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
ratbast

Loremaster

Slittherss wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

#2 guild WW i sure hope he/she can...lol now how about the other oh 90% of all non raid main top 10 guilds WW tanks

its not about the content, its about how geared they are in relation to it.

this is a claim of ppl tanking in reckless in content they are evenly geared for. obviously pow geared groups could heal a reckless tank thru heroic UD. thats not a question since they are way overgeared.

evenly-matched geared end-game content can be tanked in reckless?

i was thinking it was a problem if fighters could tank in reckless for their easier farm mobs. stuff they are overgeared for. not final zone of current content.

ratbast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #15
Rasttan
Server: Unrest

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Slittherss wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm quite surprised just how much I can tank in this stance.

Not something I'm using on HM fights, but almost all EM I can do this as long as I pay attention and block the important bits.

Also, there isn't remotely enough of a hate penalty, as its still very easy to hold agro while in the stance.

Much like good healers can heal thru the revised coop strike, good heals can heal thru reckless.

You can equip a shield in this stance and get all your block chance all plates can, brawlers cant id imagine thats a huge plus in your favor. Speaking of block didnt plates just pass brawlers in base block chance with the recent increase in shield ratings.

Rasttan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #16
Tekadeo

Loremaster

They should add a -2 threat priority component when attacked as well as not allow anyone to use a shield while it's up.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #17
Yimway

Loremaster

Tekadeo wrote:

They should add a -2 threat priority component when attacked as well as not allow anyone to use a shield while it's up.

-2 priority means you'd never get aggro, I'm not sure that is fair to true dps classes.

I do agree that being able to use a shield with it on is sorta broken.  If I couldn't use the shield, I wouldn't be able to tank raid mobs in reckless.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #18
Neiloch

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Tekadeo wrote:

-2 priority means you'd never get aggro, I'm not sure that is fair to true dps classes.

I do agree that being able to use a shield with it on is sorta broken.  If I couldn't use the shield, I wouldn't be able to tank raid mobs in reckless.

They could put a block removal on it similar to singular focus. I can think of at least one fight where constantly depositioning while being able to DPS would be EXTREMELY op.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:48 AM   #19
malachaio

Loremaster

I don't like this stance, it doesn't have the same effect for every fighter. Some fighters benefit a lot for potency and some don't. I can't believe this was intended.

malachaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:42 PM   #20
Yimway

Loremaster

malachaio wrote:

I don't like this stance, it doesn't have the same effect for every fighter. Some fighters benefit a lot for potency and some don't. I can't believe this was intended.

It was intended, but with many broad strokes they do, poorly thought out.

The very idea that a single stance could be applied evenly to all fighters was pretty much bogus out the gate. 

I'm waiting for someone to accuse Xelgad of playing an SK in some raid guild....

/me reminisces on past class devs

Oh wait, for that to be true, devs would actually still play this game... nevermind.