EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster

Is it just me, or have all the old neighborhood racial quests, which were nice and easy for 1st through teens level and gave a cool-ish item at the end of it (especially cool are house items, still available in Qeynos!), been replaced by nothing more than "kill everything you see that we quest-givers tell you to, hopefully without dying too much, and oh, BTW, they used to be your neighbors" type things for basically just gold?  Frankly, we get enough of that elsewhere...except, of course, the slaughtering of your former neighbors bit.  Just looking at the troll timeline, I had to go to Zam to figure out how the heck to "visit" the Torch of Oggok, and was dismayed to learn there are apparently only two parts to this thing (or so they've placed in Zam so far), and, ostensibly, gold involved as a reward; I was told a handful of silver from my quest-giver.  Judging by what I saw in there, I really hope this storyline will be temporary, like a World or Live Event quest, and has something to do with nasty returning deities that will end soon (my poor li'l troll Coercer will ignore this timeline and wait for a better one, in that event).

I just hope to whoever's listening that this sort of thing doesn't happen to Qeynos when it gets "fixed" (the "fix" for Freeport turned a set of fairly decent FPS zones into Qeynos Harbor for sheer lag horror; please, PLEASE, do not incorporate the error that is Qeynos Harbor in with the rest of the city!) or that the good guys will have better ways of solving problems with invading evil deities than killing their way to the former landmarks they used to know and love. :-/

Uwk

who really doesn't want to have to slaughter his way through his fellow kerra to get to the Peat Bog

Old 01-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Tayne

Loremaster

Continue on with the rest of the questline and I would suggest you might change your mind about how things have changed.

The storyline is stellar (complete with an arch-villian blockbuster ending) ... they really found someone who knows how to weave a tale, and I haven't been this engrossed and actually reading what NPCs have had to say in a long long time. And the rewards go all the way up to level 90 and are pretty nice -- ask general chat to link you the fabled cloak you get for the various classes at 90.

Once you finish the zones for your racials questline, you cannot zone into them again -- which makes me believe you haven't finished everything yet if you're worried about having to zone into Big Bend (for example) over and over again to get to the other side.  So there will be no killing of Kerras in Nettleville once you finish that zone with the questline .. you'll have to enter the Peat Bog another way (I suspect from SQ).

Try the entire questline to 90. It's wonderful.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
Mystfit

Loremaster

As much as I like house items, I got a kick out of the rewards for the racial quests. My erudite can cpawn a book to *read*. It's hysterical to harvest on her with her face in a book. My sweetie's Kerran has flies, totally cracks me up when I see him.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

Mystfit wrote:

As much as I like house items, I got a kick out of the rewards for the racial quests. My erudite can cpawn a book to *read*. It's hysterical to harvest on her with her face in a book. My sweetie's Kerran has flies, totally cracks me up when I see him.

I think those are supposed to be fleas.. SMILEY

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
Mystfit

Loremaster

Sigh. My brain, I'm getting old SMILEY I meant fleas SMILEY

Old 01-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

LOL! It's early. SMILEY

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
Mychel
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Bloodsworn

Loremaster

Yeah the Barbarian effect is to summon a mug of Ale and start drinking..

Mychel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
Wargod1968

Loremaster

What's the ogre one?

Wargod1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Mychel
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Bloodsworn

Loremaster

Wargod1968 wrote:

What's the ogre one?

It's a swarm of flies...

Mychel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:43 AM   #10
Cica

Loremaster

So im an arasai who happened to betray and now im not able to get the arasai racial questin Freeport, and i wont be able to get a racial if Qeynos revamped either SMILEY im so sad i really wanted to get that ability SMILEY ...  and yes i did sneak into freeport to try get it but they wont give me the quest SMILEY

Cica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
Lortet

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Continue on with the rest of the questline and I would suggest you might change your mind about how things have changed.

The storyline is stellar (complete with an arch-villian blockbuster ending) ... they really found someone who knows how to weave a tale, and I haven't been this engrossed and actually reading what NPCs have had to say in a long long time. And the rewards go all the way up to level 90 and are pretty nice -- ask general chat to link you the fabled cloak you get for the various classes at 90.

Once you finish the zones for your racials questline, you cannot zone into them again -- which makes me believe you haven't finished everything yet if you're worried about having to zone into Big Bend (for example) over and over again to get to the other side.  So there will be no killing of Kerras in Nettleville once you finish that zone with the questline .. you'll have to enter the Peat Bog another way (I suspect from SQ).

Try the entire questline to 90. It's wonderful.

That's good - for those running their characters up to lvl 90 - which I'm not doing. I've run several (about 6 actually) characters between lvl 20 and lvl 70 through the available quests and there seems to be just one more available to the higher two characters over those availabe to the lvl 20 - 30's. All I know is that those ones are dreadfull - except the kerrans getting to kill lots of erudites lol. Why - because those suburbs were Freeport, not the central districts (lag slideshow as it is now), and seeing them as they are is depressing.

Lortet is offline   Reply With Quote