EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #331
RandomStream

Tester

I assume SOE will be complying with the law in all countries affected by the PSS1 agreement.  This will include not passing sensitve personal information such as my user name and password to PSS1 (and its computers). 

So how do I log in from my PSS1 account ? As permitting access to my account confirms my user mane and password, and passes the information to PSS1.

And how do SOE know if it is me trying to log in anyway?

RandomStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #332
Shoushin

Loremaster

SOE will create a tool for you to transfer your account info to PSS1. When you log in and the system sees that you want to use a server handled by PSS1 then the system will authenticate against PSS1 instead of SOE. I guess.... at least according to what they have been said so far this would make the most sense.

Shoushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #333
Arrgh

Loremaster

Trevynoae wrote:

dawy wrote:

Meltoz wrote:

If it is a ip lock that is going to stop me playing through SoE that is easy to work around

The lock seems to be tied to your account details

they (Brasse) already commented that it is IP based.

But whatever "workaround" there is using vpn proxies and all - this will not do lag any good - it does in no game.And they would be pretty stupid if they wouldn't also check your address and your billing info - at least I would do a combination of all that

Someone else already said that the lag while using a VPN isn't such a game breaker. Who knows. There is however still no answer how travelers are handled, for example if I would frequently be traveling to the US with my EU based account data. Do I have to pay both SOE and PSS1 as I can't use either launchpad in the other location?

I really begin to think why I should want to play even under SOE governance after all this.

Arrgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #334
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster

I hate it as much as you guys but SOE have deemed that we are to have no choice any more so I'm looking at at least giving PSS1 a try. I wouldnt have touched them with a bargepole if we had kept our SOE subs and been allowed to play on US servers - as it was in the previous deal but, sadly, that one ray of hope has been extinguished.

I still want to play this game...despite SOE execs trying their hardest to sell EU customers out. I guess I choose to join and see what happens rather than quit entirely.

I think one thing has to be certain, EQ2 is going to lose an extremely large chunk of its population with this decision. SMILEY

Guy De Alsace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #335
Fudged
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Blood and Steel

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I assume SOE will be complying with the law in all countries affected by the PSS1 agreement.  This will include not passing sensitve personal information such as my user name and password to PSS1 (and its computers). 

So how do I log in from my PSS1 account ? As permitting access to my account confirms my user mane and password, and passes the information to PSS1.

And how do SOE know if it is me trying to log in anyway?

you will need to go and sign up with prosieben, using your current account login-name, and specify a new password.  This means Prosieben will have our character data, account status, and logon name, but not password.

Fudged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #336
sargonnath

Loremaster

I have a recurring billing account on SOE games since 10 years.Like many others, I won't follow Prosieben and won't create a Prosieben account when I will be told to do so.

When will then SOE close my account?

Do we already have a date? Our accounts will be closed SOE side on the end of April? May? June?

Regards,

Sargonnath.

sargonnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #337
Shoushin

Loremaster

SOE wont close it, you just wont be able to use it to access european servers. we dont have a date either when it will happen.

Shoushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #338
Fudged
Guild: Blood and Steel

Loremaster

Shoushin wrote:

SOE wont close it, you just wont be able to use it to access european servers. we dont have a date either when it will happen.

you wont be able to use it AT ALL all to access ANY server, assuming you attempt to log in from EU after the transition has occured.  you will be required to sign up with prosieben.

as i said before, sign or quit

Fudged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #339
Trevynoae

Loremaster

well - believe it or not - I still have the hopes that they will listen and maybe find a less drastic way to get this going.

Like I said: I like options - not command. If the command is "sign!" i might just turn around and look for somebody else to have fun with.

If they say "we would love you to sign - if you do ...this  this and this is yours - but if you don't we will be not happy but tolerate it and leave you be the way you are for now" ... yeah - that would be a wayyyyyyyyy different story.

I refreshed my research on pro7 this weekend - and they still don't appear to me like a company i would want to work with - on the other hand - if they are really sooooo eager to get my trust - well - who knows. they can work for it - but best without forcing me to trust them ahead of them earning my trust.

Sometimes the child becomes different to the parents - could happen with the gaming section of pss1. But so far I can only judge them from what I know about the parents (pro7 sat.1 company) because the soe-child is pretty young still and if it is grown the way they did in the past i have not much hope. but there always is that one child that doesn't follow it's parents ... so ...

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #340
Beagley

Loremaster

Well, as many have stated you have fixed one major problem but ignored the other which is the choice of partner.

I'm a UK player on US servers.  Forcing me to use a PSS1 account and launcher to access the US servers is ludicrous;

1) PSS reputation for security is appalling and I wouldn't trust them with a credit card number ever!  However as there are no immediate plans for game time cards, I'm left with no choice if I want to continue playing

2) Their reputation for customer service is dire.  Posting customer details on open forums may have been explained away but to still leave them there in full view years later even after the issue has been pointed out is a joke.  Trust them if they continue in this vein - no way!

3) PSS red names in the EQ2 thread on their own servers thought it was wise to start flaming the playerbase.  Not a good start or a way to earn trust is it?

4) I will be forced to submit CS tickets to a german organisation for problems on a US server.  The english language skills of that German company having been shown to be, shall we say, not as robust as the US CS staff.  Whilst the US staff might spell some words strangely as far as Queens English speakers are concerned, there is no major language barrier to overcome which there will be with PSS

5) What happens about the 500SC grants for recurring subs?  Do they go poof or EU players even though I play exclusively on US servers?

6) I shipped at a relatively large shipping cost to me, a SOE security tab/code generator.  Am I correct in assuming that this piece of kit, intended to secure my account is now worthless as you now want me to use a third party launch pad?  If so, do you intend to reimburse me the shipping fees for this now redundant piece of kit due to a misjudged decision made by SOE?

I urge SOE to consider what others have suggested earlier.  Allow existing customers to continue accessing the server as they do today and SOE pass any monies due accross in the background.  New customers or people who are happy with PSS can go there if they wish but don't force us to go there.

Forcing me to set up an account with PSS will tip me in same way as most have voiced already - 2 accounts cancelled.  The only thing that would make me consider moving to PSS is if time/game cards were available in shops in the UK so that I don't have to give them my credit card details.

Oh and by the way - localised content for bonfire night, St Georges day, etc isnt really anything that floats my boat and is not something I've been desparate to get.  I've done without it since launch and at the end of the day this is suppossed to be a fantasy game in an alternative reality of Norrath.  Thinking you need to crowbar in in-game events based on real world happening is somewhat facile, especially when used as a somewhat flimsy justification for a monumentally stupid course of action.

EDITED for typos

Beagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #341
FireDragon

Loremaster

I'm sorry, i'm gone.

No wait.. I am not sorry.  I have done nothing wrong.  We have done nothing wrong other than trust you.  YOU should be sorry.  You should be apologizing to us.

As a European customer, I am NOT A PRODUCT THAT IS TO BE SOLD.

I refuse to have dealings with PSS1 or whatever they are called.  This is the final straw.  I checked back for so long waiting for this 'renegotiation' you said would happen.  Only to find the same junk.

The terms were simple.

No region locks and we don't have to deal with PSS1 no matter our location if we did not want to.

I'm sorry but I am not going to have an account with PSS1.  I am gone.  Utterly betrayed.

SOE-Brasse wrote:

starting a ProSiebenSat.1 is a choice, should you wish to continue playing EQII

Brasse

This is not a choice.  This is sign up or get out.

Somehow, you went in there to renegotiate and ended up with an even WORSE deal than before.

FireDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #342
SOE-MOD-04

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50011...post_id=5740840 Removed for trolling
SOE-MOD-04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #343
Katz

Loremaster

The ignoring of your pleas is not from the playerbase.  US players don't like this for non-US players.  You guys are our friends for many many years.  We don't want you treated badly.

*Discussion of moderation is not permitted on the forums, please contact the forum admin if you have concerns*

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #344
Michayla
Server: Najena
Guild: Valhallas Guard

Loremaster

I wish I could say I am surprised, but I'm not really. $oE hasn't listened to their playerbase in a very long time. And through all their idiotic decisions, I've stuck around and continued paying my subscription.

I did not want LiveGamer.

I did not want the marketplace.

I did not want FTP.

I did not want the starter isles going away.

I did not want this joke you call itemization.

I did not want the Freeport revamp.

I do not want the Qeynos revamp.

I did not want THIS decision for my European friends.

All that being said, this might just be the final staw and force me to stop giving you guys money. (I won't use the term "quit" because then SJ will just throw his head back and laugh that no one can "quit" EQ2 because there is a 100% chance of the account going to silver.) I do not like you telling my friends to sign or get out.

Signed,

An AMERICAN player

Michayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #345
Regolas

Loremaster

Credit cards are insured, so while it's a pain to sort out IF your details fall into the wrong hands, by pss1 or anyone else, it's not the end of the world. Phone up your bank and get a refund. If I was still in Europe, I'd give pss1 a try rather than flip out and quit. At the end of the day it's just a game and if you don't like it, you don't have to play. [Edited for trolling.]

Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #346
Moldylocks

Loremaster

Regolas wrote:

Credit cards are insured, so while it's a pain to sort out IF your details fall into the wrong hands, by pss1 or anyone else, it's not the end of the world. Phone up your bank and get a refund. If I was still in Europe, I'd give pss1 a try rather than flip out and quit. At the end of the day it's just a game and if you don't like it, you don't have to play. It's amazing the reaction from people here over a game. In 5 years time you'll look back on this and feel embarrassed you acted likeyou did over a computer game.

Actually, as a paying consumer, I'm not embarassed at all that I tried to communicate in an effective way for 2 and a half months to try to get SOE to make alterations to an extremely unfair business propostition.  I am a Canadian customer, and while this deal won't make me sign with PSS1, I am sticking up for my less vocal EU friends.  This deal affects me as a community member just as much as it will affect every EU and non-EU player. 

The people who should be embarassed over this are the corporate heads over at SOE.  Firstly, as they tried to pass the original deal off as a done product.  If there wasn't a community uproar, bad press, a petition of hundreds of players, and multitudes of account cancellations then that deal would be intact today.  Secondly, aside from the deal itself, the gross mismanagement of corporate-consumer communications was a failure of extraordinary proportions.  I've been here with EQ for over a decade and I fully know their poor communication history.  What happened here since January is going to leave a bitter, lasting taste in everyone's mouth for a very long time. 

So no, I am not embarassed at all.  Monopoly, checkers, and poker are games.  EverQuest is a community built on years and years of loyalty, fun, and family.  I see you've only been here for 2 years, so you can't appreciate what thousands and thousands of people have gone through and experienced, some since EverQuest first launched in 1999.  This "game" forged the form of modern MMO's.  Sorry bud, its not "just a game" at all and its too bad you missed out on seeing that.

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #347
Regolas

Loremaster

I started playing eq1 in 1999. Just because I didn't come to these forums until 2 years ago doesn't mean I wasn't playing.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #348
Regolas

Loremaster

*Discussion of moderator action is not permitted on these forums*

I know I look back on my hardcore eq1 playing days and wonder why I was so upset over a game fault, etc. It is so insignificant compared to real life problems

Old 04-02-2012, 01:01 AM   #349
Andanos

Loremaster

I'm still wondering though:

- the servers will still be managed by SOE- your goal is that nothing changes for the player

...yet you're going through all that hassle just to have us use a new launcher and have our accounts managed by Pro7. Which means a lot of technical issues which needs be sorted out - therefore a lot of your time and money just to...what ? give us what we already have now ?

If, as you claim, you have the players' concern at heart, and want nothing to change for us, why don't you just do that ?If your goal is to have a better marketing support in Europe, and have a localized CS, why didn't you just have an agreement with Pro7 over that only ? CS and marketing handled by them ?

Just curious about the amount of effort and money you're putting  into something which is supposed to not change a thing (and seems to be failing for now).

Andanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:25 AM   #350
Regolas

Loremaster

SoE has sold the European rights to the game for x amount. PSS7 can make money on it by getting more players into the game spending SC (or equivalent) and subscriptions. So PSS7's profit is total income they make minus what they pay SOE. It's win for SOE, they have guaranteed income from PSS7 until their contract is up, and PSS7 have to do the work to attract more players. If they decide to exit the agreement at sone stage, maybe cus they can't make a sufficient profit, SOE takes the rights back and they're back where they are now.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #351
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Ahlana wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Uwkete-of-Crushbone wrote:

And just out of sheer nosiness, who's this "www.tecomputing.com" I see the little notice at the bottom of the forum page trying to connect to (as in, "Connecting to www.tecomputing.com...")?

If this is just on my end, should I worry?  If this is something to worry about, please do not click on the link I apparently created; my apologies... :-/

Uwk

Yeah, I've noticed that too.

Thanks! Now I know my server is down

You would be getting it because it is trying to load my signature from my server, but the server is offline lol.

LOL

Whew!  Thanks for clearing that up! SMILEY

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread... ;->

Uwk

Old 04-02-2012, 03:25 AM   #352
sojurn1

Loremaster

Regolas wrote:

Credit cards are insured, so while it's a pain to sort out IF your details fall into the wrong hands, by pss1 or anyone else, it's not the end of the world. Phone up your bank and get a refund. If I was still in Europe, I'd give pss1 a try rather than flip out and quit. At the end of the day it's just a game and if you don't like it, you don't have to play. [Edited for trolling.]

you say if you where still in europe really lol

and thank you for pointing out its just a game we do not have to play brasse already dictated we have a choice continue by making a pss1 account or stop playing no need for you to put it back in .

but this is a community game and with the deal as it is will effect that community very badly as many do not take your view.

and this forum is for feed back so please do not come hear and say if i was i would as its not effecting you the way you look at it .

the only point you have put in the post is the thing a red told us make an account or stop playing thank you for putting that out there

WE Know its SIGN OR QUIT in 2012

rant off could a red please get the time to tell us what will happen to travelers or relocaters etc etc

1) will there account be at soe still as and when they log in from out side europe

2)will they have to have a pss1 account when they travel to europe

3)if 1 and 2 are correct will it be one payment or two

4)if its two payments then say you are relocating is it as simple as playing till pss1 need you to make an account you dont and when you go to the country out side of europe. you will be able to sign in still via your soe launcher and be part of soe.

5)if 4 is not correct then is it change account details to match the place you are relocating and talk to cs at soe

6)if you make a pss1 account is it reversable when you move out of europe permantly

7)if 6 is not reversable  will there be an inbetween option you have not yet put in for a transition time for players to see if pss1 can come up with goods instead of blind faith

8 )if 6 is not reversable  then once moved country how will it be good for the customer if they now are not even near the cs support etc and they wish to get the server bonuses of holidays etc in the new region they play

this all looks really messy unprofesional and the deal braker for most is still the ip restrictions yes we know its not ip locks its restrictions,if you sign in from a eu ip adress as said you need to make a pss1 account and some simple dont want that for what ever reason

ps: please confirm if it will just be ip log in, ie log in from london eu player log in from new york non eu player

and if its more like the billing adress etc please account for the fact some will relocate and they will change details, as of now you can by phone or email support

and yes people have mentioned programes to not show ip's that in fact is not legal as far as i know and i am sure soe will moniter it

so soe get facts of this please and compile it instead of looking like you have no clue as even a red said they do not know what will happen when they travel as they do hit eu

my 2cp

edited as 8 ) if close makes a smile that i am not doing

sojurn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:32 AM   #353
Raislisa
Guild: Taladega Knights

Loremaster

I would like to know who is actually pleased with this deal. Brasse, said you cannot please all the people, how about one person, who isn't SOE or PS71, that is jumping up and down with glee at the thought of given PS71 their account to manage.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:01 AM   #354
Regolas

Loremaster

I am not happy about it. I'd prefer SOE to market their game in Europe. Or at the very least keep hold of the money side and pay a percentage to PSS7 or whoever to market it. But like has been said, all companies make mistakes, SOE included, yet we all want to give them our subs. Why not give the new guys a try before complaining.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #355
Regolas

Loremaster

Sojurn, yes if I was still in Europe. Im in Oz atm but may come back to the uk. And my brothers account that I use is a uk account so ill have to sign up on his.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #356
sojurn1

Loremaster

sure as i posted before let them at pss1 sell them selves to us and leave as is untill we decide. so regol as you put it you do not have to play

Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #357
sojurn1

Loremaster

oh if it is as a red said if you use your bros account by signing in via aussie land, it will be a soe account no need for a pss1 as it stands if the red name was correct

but he wont be able to sign in in uk and you may have to pay twice

as he will need a pss1 account to sign in from uk

not sure if it will work like that but that is how it is put in very unsure wording

this is what we need info on military travelers relocaters and the likes how wil they be handled

Old 04-02-2012, 04:53 AM   #358
ArcticBlue182

Loremaster

Well i cancalled my account when this news came out the other month and i see no reason to resub, no point in making a free account with pss1 or whatever they are called as EQ2's f2p option is so limiting its laughable.

After re-reading the faq i would not be suprised if pss1 up the European monthly sub up slightly as well, i quote the following

Quote:

Pricing, Accounts, and Payment Questions

Will pricing remain the same? Generally speaking, prices for game content, in-game items and services will remain similar. Please note that currency conversions and local economic conditions may affect pricing.

similar indeed!

My favourite MMO of all time and now i cannot play it, i simply refuse to give SOE a monthly sub until they pass us over in a couple of months.

As for EQNext etc again i doubt i will play it now, i mean i have some doubts about it anyway with the track record of some of the people who will no doubt be helping develop it and how clueless they seem at times and EQ2 going down the F2P/micro-transactions route, EQNext will undoubtedly follow this path.

ArcticBlue182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:12 AM   #359
Ki'lum

Loremaster

Well, I am sorely disappointed.

After reading through the new FAQ I see my major concern has not and will not be redressed.

I have just cancelled my account, not only that but I have sent a ticket to cs asking for a refund of any subscription still in effect when Pro7/alaplayer take over the European side of EQ2

I have also asked them to remove all payment/card details and personal information from thier database and told them not to transfer any of my details to Pro7.

I will reitterate a line from my ticket here:- I do NOT want, nor will I EVER create an account with PRO7 or Alaplaya.

So you see Brasse - I DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE except to leave.

Brasse I have known you in the past, we where in the same guild in SWG, before you worked for SOE. I liked you very much then, I do concider you a friend and I know you have a difficult job to do. Please tell whoever you need to that I am not the only person in Europe who feels strongly about this.

I am truely sorry to be leaving after all the years I have spent on Crushbone and in EQ2.

Ki'lum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:34 AM   #360
DamselInDistress

Champion

[email protected] wrote:

I would like to know who is actually pleased with this deal. Brasse, said you cannot please all the people, how about one person, who isn't SOE or PS71, that is jumping up and down with glee at the thought of given PS71 their account to manage.

I would actuallly like to see that as well.

So, Brasse can you show us ONE person who is happy about this deal ? Just 1.

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote