EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #211
Shotneedle

Loremaster

What will SOE do about euro players who are detected trying to circumvent PSS1 by using a proxy w/ a US IP address (if you even care to detect them)?

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #212
Grystan

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Hello friends,

at first sorry for my bad english I'am an German player.

It is nice to see that a many people are wrote here and give feedback for this Projekt but in the German Forum are many other people German people and they have no answers of ther questions.

But tell why? Is German folks not so good as other? Many German people don't can good English look at me!

Please give us answers in German Forum!! We are alone!!

Many Thanks

Well now, I don't think anyone here has said we don't want anything to do with, the germans, its just that the company happens to be german.

I would not be happy to let my acount details be sold to the Murdock empire, as I find Sky's customer service bad as well.

The reason people do not want this is because of P7S.1 past record, and NOT because it is German.

This is a company that has security issues, supposed to be cured..

This is also as mentioned a company that has reguarded MMO's as a major reason for juvenile, crime, including violent armed crime..and now we are supposed to give them our money.

This new deal is no better, I will not give any details to P7S.1 to continue playing If I have to start a new acount and my SOE one is LOCKED...i'm gone, its a worse deal  than being grandfathered a lock is a lock, whether its an account lock or an ISP lock.

If the lock happens before january 2013, I expect to be refunded the unexpired portion of my 12 month subscription.

Its clear that SOE did no real research into just what P7s.1 is, other than a big check book.

Why soe can't just hand out a monthly check to P7S.1 for those of us with a euro ip adress is byond me, this deal is far worse for europeans than  the ubisoft  deal (which from an ingame support point of view I miss).

Grystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #213
isest

Loremaster

Pariel wrote:

SOE-Brasse wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

While I apologise for my post that was removed, my feelings remain exactly the same and it was made with a mixture of shock and yes,  hurt that after 300 posts we were effectively ignored and sold to that crowd. For me, Morgania expresses it exactly in the above post on how she describes the feeling about PSS1.

The game breaker is having to deal with PSS1. If we had been allowed the option to transfer to US servers, or even to stay with my baby alts that I have on Everfrost and abandon my 7 level 90s on Splitpaw I would have done this if it has meant I could stay with SOE and not sign up with PSS1.

I am sad that so many years of loyalty by so many players and also not forgetting the sheet financial investm,ent we have all made means nothing to the SOE brass.

To the devs, and support, thanks for all the fun and help over the years and to the perople I have met and subsequently went on to have long lasting friendships, you rock

How can they not realise that it was so much more than the IP lock?

We do not ignore feedback, EVER. We cannot always accommodate all requests. It is impossible to make everyone happy, but we worked together with ProSiebenSat.1 to ensure that everyone could play on any server they wished, which was clearly the biggest issue. You can indeed play on US servers whenever you wish, or on Splitpaw. All on the same account.

Trust is earned.  If your concern is with ProSiebenSat.1 itself, that is an issue that can only be addressed over time. We are working very closely with them as partners to bring this all together.

~Brasse

Brasse, 

No one wants you to accomodate all requests, no one wants you to make everyone happy. Since the dawning of this "deal" the community have spoken clearly and concisely with 2 main comments.

1. We do not want to be split from our friends on different servers, no matter where in the world they are - fixed, and I thank you!

2. We do NOT anything to do with a two bit, security lax, amatuerish company who have a blatent disregard for customer safety, security and service.

No one is asking you to perform miracles, to end world hunger and start world peace. You've completed 50% of the communities concern, simply complete the other 50% and this whole deal becomes a non-issue. The paying community of this game simply want a choice. Do I want to pay my subs to PSS1 or SOE. I know which one I want. There may be others here that want to pay PSS1.. thats fine.

As I said to Piestro in a PM - lock it down for new subscribers and bring in your region locks for them, but the existing community that have paid, played, stuck by you all this time should be given a choice and not just tossed aside on a whim.

I refer you to the SWG scenario, I think this quote from Smed pretty much says it all

"The article quotes Smedley: "With the NGE, I'm sorry about the mistake we made," he told us. "We screwed up and didn't listen to the fans when we should have, and it's not a mistake we're going to make again."  He goes on to say that the mistake was “not bringing the fans into the mix”, which he described as the “cardinal sin of not listening, but assuming and we were wrong.

I remember going to the SWG summits we had one in Atlanta.  I got up asked told, that I felt ignored as a player and several folks shouted yes, the answer I got was they were doing this to grow the game. 85 to 90% player loss growing the game?  Years later we got the statement in red above.  It is too bad that soe has not learned their lea son.  He we are again about to make a decision that is worse in my opiionon.  All we had to do was back out of the deal. It is clear to me that soe needs the cash infusion from pss1.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #214
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Thinking about all this quite a bit ...

now ... literally isn't that like ceasing their game services in a certain regions of the world?That is the best way to describe it - and possibly this will be how they explain it to us if needed.

Warning! The following is in no way anything SOE said so far!!! So please don't take it as that!

Dear valued EverQuest II (insert any other game affected) customer, dear friend,

it is with a heavy heart that we announce today the imminent sunsetting of our long-standing game services for EverQuest II . We will be ceasing services in D, F, GB, ... per soandso date. You will not be able to access any of your virtual properties by then anymore. We are sorry but we are doing that in the best interest of the game and our players and to maintain a healthy and enjoyable gaming environment for all our loyal customers.This is not an easy decision, but there comes a time when it’s best for our support and account management to move on to the next adventure, and that day has come.

Please be advised that after we shut down our services that there will be PSS1 offering a similiar service to those loyal customers in the regions affected. We will also make sure that - if you wish so - you can get most of your virtual achievements and properties converted to their service.

We greatly appreciate all of you and hope that you choose to join us with PSS1 in another version of the Norrath that we all love.

We would like to thank our players for their loyalty and for sharing the good times on these games. It’s been a blast. And we hope to keep gaming with all of you in our other great games here at SOE or at PSS1. Let’s keep pushing the boundaries of MMO gaming together!

Thank you for your continued support.

And they could rightfully shout down any game at any time - and they did so on march, 29th 2012 with other games.Just that they now offer us a way around.

Would maybe have been easier doing it that way - the way I described above. Maybe everybody would have been happy that they could keep playing although SOE weren't providing the service any longer.

Suggestion:

Follow our suggestion about having existing customers keep their SOE accounts (and use them for the games!), pay PSS1 for those of us who are accessing the games from their sovereign territory whatever and however much you want, disable new accounts from that territory create with SOE but force them to PSS1 (new accounts! not existing ones!).

Now ... offer something unique to those players in that territory to convert their existing accounts into PSS1 accounts. Maybe give them a year's subscription for 1/3 of the regular price or a 2 year sub for the price of 1 year's (or less) and a couple of nice and neat items from the marketplace for free. I am sure you would maintain most of your current playerbase and in addition get way more folks willing to convert to PSS1! You would even have the guarantee that players stay for that timeframe! If I paid for 2 years - I would want to stay for that time!

At the same time you could give customers based on all other territory another incentive like also offering them a 2 year sub for the price of a 1 year's. So your loyal customers not affected by that PSS1 deal don't feel like they are less valued.

This would create a total win-win situation for everybody involved.

Of course - one part of the playerbase could and most likely would complain: Those of us located in PSS1 territory not willing to move on the PSS1. Why? Because we couldn't get the nifty extras that you offer for your us customers and to those who transition over to PSS1.But hey - in exchange we would get the option to stick with SOE.Everybody could then make an educated decision. Stay where you are and got nothing extra. Or take the special offer and move over to PSS1. Or of course - stay where you are (not being affected) and take the special deal on your sub or not.

How does that sound, SOE / PSS1?

You can use that idea - it's a royalty-free offer SMILEY

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #215
Levatino

Loremaster

Had some questions in the last thread (also pm'ed to Lempo, maybe he can use them as well in his long questionlist) I'm not satisfied with the outcome to say the least. Below I'll post my original questions and the outcome as I read them in the new FAQ.

1. My one year sub started in january. What will happen to the remaining 11 months when we get transfered to Pro7? Will I get a rebate for the time I can't use it at SOE? Or will it be transfered over to Pro7? According to the FAQ, my recurring one year sub at SOE will not autorenew and I will have to subscribe at Pro7 when my sub runs out. not pleased with that.
  2. If i want to play at a US server with my toons there, do I have to pay twice? Pro7 and SOE? So we get nothing more for double the price? Looks like we as europeans have to pay twice if we also want to play with sub on an US server.
  3. What will happen to the free LON cards we got? Will Euro players just lose them cause we are not at SOE anymore? Answered in the FAQ, we'll get the free Lon Cards
  4. What will happen to the free 500 SC we got subbing for a recurring one year sub? Lots of people took this sub just for that reason. Europeans will thus loose this just cause they are european and being sold off to another company.. This smells discrimination. Looks like we loose this cause we, europeans, will not be at SOE anymore when recurring sub ends cause our sub will not autorenew. Not happy.
  5. What will happen to our veteran rewards? Will europeans just loose them cause they are now at a different company? not entirely sure, according to the FAQ, we would get them just like the the LON cards but it's not specifically said
Old 03-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #216
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Levatino wrote:

1. If i want to play at a US server with my toons there, do I have to pay twice? Pro7 and SOE? So we get nothing more for double the price? Looks like we as europeans have to pay twice if we also want to play with sub on an US server.

No. You will not be able to continue logging in with your SOE account. As EU you will need a PSS1 account to access the game. But then all servers are open to you.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #217
Hoserbaba

Loremaster

So, nothing has changed after all this time. Two main concerns ip-lock (forced Pro7 accounts based on ip are still an ip-lock from where i stand) and Pro7 accounts were not addressed.

I let one account lapse (my son's) and paid on this one to see how things would shape up, but it seems i was a fool to expect things would change for the better. We lost many friends when this was first announced, and they have been steadily declining. This is the only MMO i've ever played regularly (since Nov 2004 if memory serves me right - at 56 i might err) and will never try another one.

@Brasse :

As some already pointed out, take Pro7 out of the equation, pay them whatever they should get from our business but leave us alone? Newcomers you can force to go with Pro7, i don't care. I don't want any stuff that can be bought with cash of any sort (real money), I want my friends (many of which i lost and continue to lose thanks to Sony) and my game!

Hozzerbubba - Defiler 92 / Master Jeweler

Splitpaw
Hoserbaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #218
friedhelm

Seer

Hi Brasse,

This has been answered before but It did not make sense to me. So I'll ask you directly.

I have one account (all access) that was started on lucan d'lere (now crushbone). 10+ toons  on crushbone and I have 8 toons on Splitpaw. All on one account. How is my account going to be handled?

Can i still access Splitpaw if I have a toons on both servers?

If not, can I transfer the splitpaw toons to crushbone without charge?

Will the different content affect either server in that one may be available to crushbone will not be available to Splitpaw?

Whyme, labelladona, onehunghi, Igivewarts, Iamme

friedhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #219
Tallisman

Loremaster

Good grief. Why, after lord knows how many people have said the same thing over and over i.e. wanting nothing to do with P7S1, did you go and do it anyway?

Where is the thinking? I'm just struggling to understand the logic, not troll. Was it purely that the deal was done and couldn't be reversed?

Last month, it was that I could play on a US server from the UK which is fine. But now we're forced to route through P7S1, we're forced onto a new launcher and we're forced to set up an account with them. Please, please, please explain to me why you think this is a good thing?

Also, who is going to be debiting my bank account if no details are being handed to them? Sorry if I'm being dense here but I can't get my head around it and I won't have P7S1 appearing on my bank statement, thanks. I don't know them.

Click my drum. Here's the story behind it.
Tallisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #220
Levatino

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

What will SOE do about euro players who are detected trying to circumvent PSS1 by using a proxy w/ a US IP address (if you even care to detect them)?

have thought of that but i think lag will kill me if I do..

Old 03-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #221
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

friedhelm wrote:

Hi Brasse,

This has been answered before but It did not make sense to me. So I'll ask you directly.

I have one account (all access) that was started on lucan d'lere (now crushbone). 10+ toons  on crushbone and I have 8 toons on Splitpaw. All on one account. How is my account going to be handled?

Will the different content affect either server in that one may be available to crushbone will not be available to Splitpaw?

Don't need Brasse to answer this.  Who you have an account with no longer has anything to do with the server you play on. Its all about where you log in from. 

• If you live in/log in from Europe  =  PSS1 account & can access all servers (US and Euro) from it.
  • If you live in/log in from US/CanadaAus/NZ etc  =  SOE account & can access all servers (US and Euro) from  it.

But it seems that SoE All Access passes are no longer be available to Euros (and existing subs won't be able to renew) until PSS1 sorts out their own version, except that the PSS1 version will only include PSS1 linked SoE games and so won't offer the game game selection as the current SoE one.  This also seems to mean that those Euros who had All Access for (eg) EQ and EQ2 will no longer be able to and will have to pay seperately for those two as one is PSS1 and one isn't.  It is VERY unfair on Euros as US people can still get All Access that truly is ALL - theirs will include PSS1 games & non PSS1 games - the Euro one (assuming PSS1 actually gets around to sorting it out) will ONLY include PSS1 games as it stands.

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #222
Ahlana

Loremaster

Levatino wrote:

have thought of that but i think lag will kill me if I do..

A) They probably will not check for this

B) You would need a new account as all current accounts have already been flagged for conversion. So too late I would assume for current accounts.

C) Lag wouldn't be too bad with a good connection.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #223
Levatino

Loremaster

Trevynoae wrote:

Levatino wrote:

1. If i want to play at a US server with my toons there, do I have to pay twice? Pro7 and SOE? So we get nothing more for double the price? Looks like we as europeans have to pay twice if we also want to play with sub on an US server.

No. You will not be able to continue logging in with your SOE account. As EU you will need a PSS1 account to access the game. But then all servers are open to you.

EQ2, correct. but what about if I want to play EQ1?

Old 03-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #224
isest

Loremaster

OK Brassee I have the following questions

I seen you notate health of the game several times in the past 24 hours. So I will ask these questions.

(1) What is the current health of EQ2, and other soe games

(2) Can you guys back out of the deal with PSS1, or do you really need the cash to keep flowing.

(3) What do you expect the health of the game to be, after sever folks have said they will have nothing to do with pss1.

(4) How close is eq2 to shutting the doors without the cash infusion from the pss1 guys.

(5) did you all not look at other companies, or were you forced by suits up the chain to go this route.

Please answer those, and be honest.  No dwarf honor, no hey I am one of you.  Just person to person answer those questions.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #225
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Tallisman wrote:

Also, who is going to be debiting my bank account if no details are being handed to them? Sorry if I'm being dense here but I can't get my head around it and I won't have P7S1 appearing on my bank statement, thanks. I don't know them.

It seems PSS1 will be, should you sign up with them, which you'll now have to do if you want to keep playing. 

SOE CAN'T legally transfer our personal details to PSS1. Thats why WE have to make an account with them and then request that it is linked with our SOE account and get all the game stuff transferred over.  WE have to provide PSS1 with our personal details and payment details ourselves. 

I guess if we went F2P then we wouldn't need to give them any financial stuff but I personally like my Gold membership and my nice gear that I have earned over the years.  It seems from Coldor over at Alaplaya that there will be no PSS1 EQ2 game cards for ages after this goes through:

"in the beginning, we will not have simliar gametime cards, but we look into that, as we roll out more SOE-Games in Europe."

Paying annonymously is going to become more difficult - even to buy SC/PSS1C we'll need to give payment details (I'm not sure how the grey route of buying SC with plat will/can work without game cards).

So basically if you want to continue with a subscription rather than F2P one way or another PSS1 are going to have to be given some financial details.  Which sucks.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Old 03-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #226
friedhelm

Seer

Pipsissiwa wrote:

friedhelm wrote:

Hi Brasse,

Don't need Brasse to answer this.  Who you have an account with no longer has anything to do with the server you play on. Its all about where you log in from. 

• If you live in/log in from Europe  =  PSS1 account & can access all servers (US and Euro) from it.
  • If you live in/log in from US/CanadaAus/NZ etc  =  SOE account & can access all servers (US and Euro) from  it.

But it seems that SoE All Access passes are no longer be available to Euros (and existing subs won't be able to renew) until PSS1 sorts out their own version, except that the PSS1 version will only include PSS1 linked SoE games and so won't offer the game game selection as the current SoE one.  This also seems to mean that those Euros who had All Access for (eg) EQ and EQ2 will no longer be able to and will have to pay seperately for those two as one is PSS1 and one isn't.  It is VERY unfair on Euros as US people can still get All Access that truly is ALL - theirs will include PSS1 games & non PSS1 games - the Euro one (assuming PSS1 actually gets around to sorting it out) will ONLY include PSS1 games as it stands.

that makes sense but what about the different content ( the Pro7 content) vs SOE content.

Will that be the same or will it be different?

for example, lets say pro7 gives a zebra striped flying mount as a marketplace item while SOE does not. Does that mean I'm s-o-l or do i have access to it?

friedhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #227
Ahlana

Loremaster

Odd question.. What if you live in Europe and get changed... but then someday move over to North America. What happens to your account then? Can you get it switched back to SOE? Or are you out your account and have to start over?

Old 03-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #228
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

Even better, what's to stop an enterprising American from bundling up the patched files on patch days, and transmitting them to a euro buddy who then plugs them into his directory and uses the most current (US) launcher?

After all, they're not disabling the Europeans US accounts, they're just saying "you can't have both", which infers that once you make a PSS.1 account, your US one would be disabled. Simply don't make one, and continue on as-is, with the added step as outlined above.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #229
Trevynoae

Loremaster

friedhelm wrote:

Hi Brasse,

if you are us - nothing changes for you.

if you are eu - you will not be able to continue paying for all access. further you will have to sign up with pss1 or you will not be able to access ANY server. As soon as you have your pss1 account you will be able to access ANY server like you are used to. There will be no All Access until pss1 decide in all their generosity to offer a similiar "package".

And no - there is no free-of-charge server transfer in any way. That is stated clearly in the faq. just because they don't see the necessity.

Maybe your question comes from a different direction?

The character limit for one account maybe?

so far you had 4 regions: us, eu-english, eu-german, eu-french you could have characters on.If that is what your question is directed at (because you would most likely get above that character limit if they combine the regions now - if they combined them) - you will want to specifically ask about that - because in fact - that is a question that wasn't answered so far.

My best bet: They will grandfather all characters so you will not have to delete any. But grandfathering just in a way so you can access all of them but not create more.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #230
rupugna

Loremaster

I know hindsight is 20/20 but I really can't understand why SoE did not just sell PSS1 the rights to start a new server.If they are so confident in their advertising they could have easily filled it with new players (who would all be starting from an even footing)

Then SoE could have merged Splitpaw with some light pop US server, and given us the option to move to migrate to PSS1 if we so desire, job done

Regards

rupugna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #231
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

rupugna wrote:

I know hindsight is 20/20 but I really can't understand why SoE did not just sell PSS1 the rights to start a new server.If they are so confident in their advertising they could have easily filled it with new players (who would all be starting from an even footing)

Then SoE could have merged Splitpaw with some light pop US server, and given us the option to move to migrate to PSS1 if we so desire, job done

Regards

Because it's easier to present content to a captive audience.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #232
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Levatino wrote:

Trevynoae wrote:

Levatino wrote:

EQ2, correct. but what about if I want to play EQ1?

The same applies to you what applies to me:

As EQ currently is not part of the deal - you will need to use your SOE account for that.

If you play both? Well - easy!

EQ: Play with your SOE account - pay SOE for the sub.

EQII: Play with your EQII account - pay PSS1 for the sub.

All Access to save a bit? No. Not for you.

Of course - this only applies if you are located in PSS1 territory.

For me the answer is easy: Good bye EQII. Was nice while it lasted.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #233
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

friedhelm wrote:

that makes sense but what about the different content ( the Pro7 content) vs SOE content.

for example, lets say pro7 gives a zebra striped flying mount as a marketplace item while SOE does not. Does that mean I'm s-o-l or do i have access to it?

I've been asking the same thing. I want to know if we get PSS1 items in the Marketplace as PSS1 customers even if we're on US servers, but presumably if that is the case that means we won't be able to get SOE customer items available to others on the server.  Or will we miss out on Euro items because we're on a US server. Seems very unfair to everybody whichever option they go for - if SOE are maintaining development then ultimately I fail to see any good reason to make the Marketplace items different but none of this fiasco is about GOOD reasons to do anything.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 03-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #234
Trevynoae

Loremaster

friedhelm wrote:

As euro-player you only get access to the pss1-store. That's how it was communicated in a way.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #235
Trevynoae

Loremaster

After all, they're not disabling the Europeans US accounts, they're just saying "you can't have both", which infers that once you make a PSS.1 account, your US one would be disabled. Simply don't make one, and continue on as-is, with the added step as outlined above.

Not possible.

As stated several times by brasse now they lock you to pss1 by your ip you are coming from.

So if you are on an ip that is within the region of pss1 territory you are not allowed to log into any (!) game that is part of the deal and transitioned already.

So - while you might be able to get the game files in a way - won't help you - because the game will deny your login-request based on your ip.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #236
Ahlana

Loremaster

Trevynoae wrote:

So if you are on an ip that is within the region of pss1 territory you are not allowed to log into any (!) game that is part of the deal and transitioned already.

So - while you might be able to get the game files in a way - won't help you - because the game will deny your login-request based on your ip.

A proxy would fix that if they don't out right disable your SOE account based on previous IP interactions.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #237
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Ahlana wrote:

Trevynoae wrote:

A proxy would fix that if they don't out right disable your SOE account based on previous IP interactions.

that's for sure - but how would you now get billing information into your account that is related to an us-based address? SMILEYThey might be - well - silly at times - but they are not that dumb.

Or let alone your country-information! If here in germany you only ONCE wanted to pay via "lastschrift" (sort of a bank-transfer - just initialized by the vendor) - and this is a very popular thing here because you can veto any such thing FOREVER (without reason you have 6 weeks - no questions. after that you need to fill out a little form ... but still ...) - you had to change your currency in your account to euro.

but yeah - vpn proxies work on WoW ... they would be there and already in place ...

Old 03-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #238
Ahlana

Loremaster

Trevynoae wrote:

Ahlana wrote:

Trevynoae wrote:

that's for sure - but how would you now get billing information into your account that is related to an us-based address? They might be - well - silly at times - but they are not that dumb.

Or let alone your country-information! If here in germany you only ONCE wanted to pay via "lastschrift" (sort of a bank-transfer - just initialized by the vendor) - and this is a very popular thing here because you can veto any such thing FOREVER (without reason you have 6 weeks - no questions. after that you need to fill out a little form ... but still ...) - you had to change your currency in your account to euro.

but yeah - vpn proxies work on WoW ... they would be there and already in place ...

Stock up on Station Cash lol.. /shrug Too bad they don't accept paypal

Old 03-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #239
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster

Trevynoae wrote:

Not possible.

As stated several times by brasse now they lock you to pss1 by your ip you are coming from.

Hence, if all this had been based on billing address (which was actually a fear of the non-European Old World folks on the old thread who had their bills going to London, and were thus considered "European"), it would be much easier to not worry about it if you were travelling or had your military billing address back in the States, regardless of where you logged in.

Though, frankly, I think we've all been missing a big point: SOE and Alaplaya don't have much say, probably, in much/any of this; it's all the giants in the playground making the call (SONY and ProSeven, who runs Alaplaya, apparently, like SONY runs SOE).  Still, I can't imagine SONY would be that hard up for cash that they'd include SOE in all this mess (presumably, Pro7 assured SONY that they had a gaming company, too, and it should all be fine!...), which might very well amount to millions of dollars for them, but not the billions they apparently need to make up.  Why didn't SONY just leave us the heck out of this??  Or, I don't know, maybe consult SOE about how their customers might react, since SOE is the division of the company specifically concerned with gaming?

Frankly, I agree with the grand majority of the more recent posts: do a deal where SONY/SOE pays Pro7/Alaplaya whatever, but Pro7/Alaplaya doesn't see any of our financial account info.  For cry-yi, it works with Amazon Marketplace, it worked in the past with the Live servers (i.e., The Bazaar, Vox [do they still exist, in any form?  I thought it was a brilliant idea, me, except for the whole "Once you're in, that's it" bit]).  Okay, it may "lose" Alaplaya their "guarenteed player base," but as it stands, if that solution were publicized, I'd bet that'd cease the bleeding away of existing Euro players (and sympathetic American players) and might even entice some back, which is better than "guarenteed empty servers."

Uwk

who may be one of the very few left on Splitpaw, as I'm a Yankee in a UK Court

Old 03-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #240
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster

And just out of sheer nosiness, who's this "www.tecomputing.com" I see the little notice at the bottom of the forum page trying to connect to (as in, "Connecting to www.tecomputing.com...")?

If this is just on my end, should I worry?  If this is something to worry about, please do not click on the link I apparently created; my apologies... :-/

Uwk