EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #3271
isest

Loremaster
isest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 653
Default

ninui wrote:

Flobdeth wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

pss1 is not going into this deal in hopes to retaining and making money off the current subs, they are looking at the big picture. they have a huge chunk of subs to gain if they use their resources to advertise the game in their territories.  they own their own tv network so they will be able to advertise the game there for next to no cost at all .

Where's all this EU advertising on TV going to happen, in Germany only? cause I sure as hell aint seen any of their channels in the UK.  Anyone believing this is good for eq2 are fooling themselves or have failed to grasp any comprehension of this company

I have worked in the UK broadcast television industry for over 20 years and my ex-girlfriend works for the worldwide sales department of the BBC and attends all the broadcast fairs around the world and I am being as charitable as possible when I say that this company does not market itself towards the demogrpahic of the current EQ2 player base so get ready for a sea change in the server community if they do promote EQ2 successfully.

They are an umbrella for a number of unconnected euopean cable television channels (and that is being generous) who produce some low quality local language programmes but fill up airtime by buying up old content produced by others as their driving force is selling advertising and so look for anything that will pull large audiences.

As has been pointed out already they have no market share in English speaking territories and we can assume that they will not pay money to advertise EQ2 in those countries on what it sees as it's competitor stations.

Their buisness model for TV will be mirrored, they will heavily promote F2P on their European cable networks (but no Englsh langauage stations, well none that we will watch anyway ) so we will see the server community transform into a short term transient population who make a few micro currency transactions but quickly move on to the next thing.

The future for European EQ2 is as a game that does not need support or managing (outside of the micro transactions) as the players will not be in it for the long haul and will not invest the time in the game and stick it out through the rough times. We can already see this model in the curerent Alaplaya stable of games where hacking, exploits, griefing and broken game mechanics go unresolved and the whole focus is on Buy to Win micro transactions.

See I kept it polite

That really is one question that I would love SOE and Alaplaya to answer. I would suspect that 70% of the Euro player base native language is English.   All one has to do is read the Alaplaya web site to see the many examples of lost in translation moments they have, since obviously English is not Alaplaya's Strong point.

How does anybody at SOE and Aalaplay thinks it is going to benefit those 70% of Euro players who speak English, when Alaplaya cant even speak it right. I just don't get it, and it would seam that SOE has not thought that part of the deal out at all. 

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #3272
DamselInDistress

Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 510
Default

ninui wrote:

I have worked in the UK broadcast television industry for over 20 years and my ex-girlfriend works for the worldwide sales department of the BBC and attends all the broadcast fairs around the world and I am being as charitable as possible when I say that this company does not market itself towards the demogrpahic of the current EQ2 player base so get ready for a sea change in the server community if they do promote EQ2 successfully.

They are an umbrella for a number of unconnected euopean cable television channels (and that is being generous) who produce some low quality local language programmes but fill up airtime by buying up old content produced by others as their driving force is selling advertising and so look for anything that will pull large audiences.

As has been pointed out already they have no market share in English speaking territories and we can assume that they will not pay money to advertise EQ2 in those countries on what it sees as it's competitor stations.

Their buisness model for TV will be mirrored, they will heavily promote F2P on their European cable networks (but no Englsh langauage stations, well none that we will watch anyway ) so we will see the server community transform into a short term transient population who make a few micro currency transactions but quickly move on to the next thing.

The future for European EQ2 is as a game that does not need support or managing (outside of the micro transactions) as the players will not be in it for the long haul and will not invest the time in the game and stick it out through the rough times. We can already see this model in the curerent Alaplaya stable of games where hacking, exploits, griefing and broken game mechanics go unresolved and the whole focus is on Buy to Win micro transactions.

See I kept it polite

Coldor posted this in reply to a similar question :

http://en.prosiebensat1.com/en/news...tions-to-the-uk

I read it but I don't quite understand how it will work.

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #3273
Freejazzlive

Loremaster
Freejazzlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Posts: 704
Default

Seffrid wrote:

Smed, we need to hear from you - and we need to hear from you now.

/applaud

Excellent post, Seffrid.

__________________
Talechaser Tuckpaw, Troubadour of Freeport

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #3274
isest

Loremaster
isest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 653
Default

DamselInDistress wrote:

ninui wrote:

I have worked in the UK broadcast television industry for over 20 years and my ex-girlfriend works for the worldwide sales department of the BBC and attends all the broadcast fairs around the world and I am being as charitable as possible when I say that this company does not market itself towards the demogrpahic of the current EQ2 player base so get ready for a sea change in the server community if they do promote EQ2 successfully.

They are an umbrella for a number of unconnected euopean cable television channels (and that is being generous) who produce some low quality local language programmes but fill up airtime by buying up old content produced by others as their driving force is selling advertising and so look for anything that will pull large audiences.

As has been pointed out already they have no market share in English speaking territories and we can assume that they will not pay money to advertise EQ2 in those countries on what it sees as it's competitor stations.

Their buisness model for TV will be mirrored, they will heavily promote F2P on their European cable networks (but no Englsh langauage stations, well none that we will watch anyway ) so we will see the server community transform into a short term transient population who make a few micro currency transactions but quickly move on to the next thing.

The future for European EQ2 is as a game that does not need support or managing (outside of the micro transactions) as the players will not be in it for the long haul and will not invest the time in the game and stick it out through the rough times. We can already see this model in the curerent Alaplaya stable of games where hacking, exploits, griefing and broken game mechanics go unresolved and the whole focus is on Buy to Win micro transactions.

See I kept it polite

Coldor posted this in reply to a similar question :

http://en.prosiebensat1.com/en/news...tions-to-the-uk

I read it but I don't quite understand how it will work.

It basically said we got 2 folks from sky-news and i wonder why they are not working at skynews now.  To help us expand into the UK and us markets. There was no explanation of how they would accomplish this. I don't know how that article will help anybody, just proves lost in translation yet again from colder. It was a press release not a plan.   Its ok we got two of your Honorable British fellows whom nobody has heard of and it will all be OK because they have a plan to bring our applications to the world.  

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #3275
Wicked Maraya

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4
Default

European players have already lost.

Sure, we may be able to stay on US servers with our accounts. However, we cannot play with US guilds because of the timezone, and EU guilds and grouping and raiding will decline when new european players cannot create accounts for US servers.

The only chance would be to go with Pro7, but that is no option for me. The company deserves it's horrible reputation, there is no way that i would create an account there. Pro7/Sat1 has no idea about adult computer gamers and are amateurs at best. The management of Pro7/Sat 1 even works against gamers with their doku soaps that ridicules the gaming culture as loosers and threats to the public.

Alaplaya will make us play with angry kids, they don't even know what a role playing server is. No thanks.

I fear that european access to this forum will be cut soon to reduce damage. It's a very sad situation, but we all knew that the end of EQ2 would come sooner or later.

Wicked Maraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #3276
RadarX

Community Relations
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 147
Default

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=48345...post_id=5732865 Removed for discussing moderation. Please feel free to PM a moderator with concerns.
RadarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #3277
isest

Loremaster
isest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 653
Default

Oh well another week has come to a close, a take my hats of to you all, and bid you adieu.  I'm going to the movies, and pick up some fish and chips.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #3278
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster
Uwkete-of-Crushbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 145
Default

isest wrote:

ninui wrote:

Flobdeth wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

pss1 is not going into this deal in hopes to retaining and making money off the current subs, they are looking at the big picture. they have a huge chunk of subs to gain if they use their resources to advertise the game in their territories.  they own their own tv network so they will be able to advertise the game there for next to no cost at all .

Where's all this EU advertising on TV going to happen, in Germany only? cause I sure as hell aint seen any of their channels in the UK.  Anyone believing this is good for eq2 are fooling themselves or have failed to grasp any comprehension of this company

I have worked in the UK broadcast television industry for over 20 years and my ex-girlfriend works for the worldwide sales department of the BBC and attends all the broadcast fairs around the world and I am being as charitable as possible when I say that this company does not market itself towards the demogrpahic of the current EQ2 player base so get ready for a sea change in the server community if they do promote EQ2 successfully.

They are an umbrella for a number of unconnected euopean cable television channels (and that is being generous) who produce some low quality local language programmes but fill up airtime by buying up old content produced by others as their driving force is selling advertising and so look for anything that will pull large audiences.

As has been pointed out already they have no market share in English speaking territories and we can assume that they will not pay money to advertise EQ2 in those countries on what it sees as it's competitor stations.

Their buisness model for TV will be mirrored, they will heavily promote F2P on their European cable networks (but no Englsh langauage stations, well none that we will watch anyway ) so we will see the server community transform into a short term transient population who make a few micro currency transactions but quickly move on to the next thing.

The future for European EQ2 is as a game that does not need support or managing (outside of the micro transactions) as the players will not be in it for the long haul and will not invest the time in the game and stick it out through the rough times. We can already see this model in the curerent Alaplaya stable of games where hacking, exploits, griefing and broken game mechanics go unresolved and the whole focus is on Buy to Win micro transactions.

See I kept it polite

That really is one question that I would love SOE and Alaplaya to answer. I would suspect that 70% of the Euro player base native language is English.   All one has to do is read the Alaplaya web site to see the many examples of lost in translation moments they have, since obviously English is not Alaplaya's Strong point.

How does anybody at SOE and Aalaplay thinks it is going to benefit those 70% of Euro players who speak English, when Alaplaya cant even speak it right. I just don't get it, and it would seam that SOE has not thought that part of the deal out at all. 

I'm probably gonna get lynched (at least in writing) for this, but SOE doesn't actually have much to any say in this at all; it's all SONY.  SOE and Alaplaya were apparently assumed to be of equal status in this deal (i.e., not much) between the giants involved, whereas in real life, there's hardly any comparison.  At least SOE took people's language base into account; there were times I was tempted to create characters on the German server (Storms?) and on Sebilis, back when both (especially Sebilis) would've required LOTS more room for the game for the language stuff.  About the same time they finally got around to solving that with a few megs, this all blew up... :-/

I'm still here, patiently waiting to see what happens, but I'm afraid SOE in general will be a thing of the past as of April 2.  If not, I'll still play, but I'll miss everyone in my UK guild. SMILEY

Uwk

__________________
Giant berserker kitties need luv too! ~
Uwkete-of-Crushbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #3279
Eghaon

Loremaster
Eghaon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 9
Default

Cancelled my account.

Got asked to answer two questions to "help us improve...blahblah". Yeah, right.

The "why" question only had options like, leaving for another game, cannot afford it anymore, lack of contents, etc. NOTHING about CS or anything like that. I guess they're avoiding the truth.

Second question, "are you coming back later" or something like that. I chose NO, and I meant it. Enoug is enough.

Eghaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #3280
Pompeia
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Syndicate of Veeshan
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Pompeia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12
Default

Hi guys

Hi started playing EQ2 when it was launched. There werent any european servers back then, were they?

I know my characters have been transfered before, when some servers closed, but I honestly cant remember.

Anyone remembers this?

Also, if when I started playing I was for some years on a US server, do I get the option to move from Splitpaw to a US server, or would I be limited to the ProSieben ones?

Lastly, what hapens to the time I have already payed for this year sub?

Thank you.

Pompeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #3281
tkia

Tester
tkia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 577
Default

You haven't actually read the thread, have you? The biggest single complaint in here is that nobody has the answers to any of these questions because we are not being given any information. None. Nada. Zip.
tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #3282
Trevynoae

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 392
Default

[email protected] wrote:

There werent any european servers back then, were they?

Valor was one of the first servers that launched. Due to timezone we could even get into the game earlier a bit.

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #3283
RadarX

Community Relations
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 147
Default

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=48345...post_id=5733243 Removed for insulting employees.
RadarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #3284
Grystan

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 39
Default

I do remember the transfers..SOE told me transfering to a euro server would be good for me ROFL..at the time EQ2 was going through daily  updates and maintainance right n my favored play time..so I took the advice *cries*

moral of this story is never trust a beaurocrat a polititian, or a manager..

Grystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #3285
isest

Loremaster
isest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 653
Default

agnott wrote:

tkia wrote:

You haven't actually read the thread, have you? The biggest single complaint in here is that nobody has the answers to any of these questions because we are not being given any information. None. Nada. Zip.

The real sad part is that the most important question will never get answered. How can you ever trust SOE again, when you see that they are incapable of knowing the effect of thier decisions on the playerbase.

One thing is for sure, and that is Smokejumpers legacy in this industry will be that he expedited the nails into EQ2s coffen.

The really sad thing about it is that he has been promoted over all EQ2 products.  Same thing happened with Smedley after the NGE chased of 80% of its player base.  The reward this type of thing.

I have still yet to see how advertising on a German tv show in Germany is going to help bring players to us servers.  Much less the list of questions that folks have been posting for weeks.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #3286
Zonavar

Loremaster
Zonavar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 38
Default

Some of you seriously discussing ProSieben's 'advertising and marketing plans' for EQ2?

You think that will save the game and attract new people?

Wake up, people, EQ2 is a niche game with a limited demographic life - it won't get any new customers because of marketing - kids these days want Wow-like clones and fancy shoot-em ups - they ain't interested in a sequel/prequel to a game whose heyday was the late '90s/early 2000s. They are all currently in 'Minecraft-mode.'

I love EQ2 but this argument reminds me of the Vanguard fanboys circa 2009 who believed the game could be saved because of better marketing/advertising.

EQ2's biggest mistake is that it was called 'EQ2' (even though imho, at one point it was the best MMO out there). You can't really market this game.

The only thing that will keep the game going is the nostalgia factor and the loyal Everquest customers (SOE is managing to kill the latter very nicely because of its silence and shady plans to sell us off to this wonky Euro outfit).

Zonavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #3287
Rendoir

Loremaster
Rendoir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 212
Default

Well. Disgusted there is nothing here.

Just bought a 6 month Rift sub, very much enjoying a fast paced, immersive game with excellent pvp, fun events, a real feeling of 'MMO' and excellent customer relations.

See ya. 

Rendoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #3288
SOE-MOD-04

Community Moderator
SOE-MOD-04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
Default

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50011...post_id=5733641 Removed for discussing legal action
SOE-MOD-04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #3289
Regolas

Loremaster
Regolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 603
Default

It won't make any difference to US servers. This is all about trying to expand the brand in Europe. Your comment still holds true if you just change US for Europe, as each country is so different that having a German company take control just means it may get more advertising and players on Germany, but that's it.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #3290
SOE-MOD-04

Community Moderator
SOE-MOD-04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 307
Default

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50011...post_id=5733687 Removed for discussing moderation
SOE-MOD-04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #3291
Mermut

Loremaster
Mermut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 852
Default

Soo.. we know there is no news that SoE is able or willing to share with us, their customers, right now. Is there perhaps some information on when they might have information for us? Days? Weeks? Months?

__________________
I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, But not hang it by the neck until dead.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #3292
Te'ana

Tester
Te'ana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,807
Default

Regolas wrote:

It won't make any difference to US servers. This is all about trying to expand the brand in Europe. Your comment still holds true if you just change US for Europe, as each country is so different that having a German company take control just means it may get more advertising and players on Germany, but that's it.

the original FAQ that was removed stated that US players would be barred from playing on th EU servers. That definitely affects US players.

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #3293
Regolas

Loremaster
Regolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 603
Default

I was responding to isest's comments about how a German company would get US players onto US servers.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #3294
Madgincia

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 105
Default

Well yet another Monday has come around. Would anyone care for a bet as to whether we get news or not. No....I didn't think so

THe longer this drags on without some sort of news, the more likely it is that splitpaw will be a ghost town. People have so many questions that considering the financial input that most of us have had into this game you would think that SOE would have the common courtesy to at least answer the questions that have been repeatedly raised all through this thread.

THis affects all of us, not just Euros, but the whole playerbase. If they can do it to one group, what will be done to the rest

Madgincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:45 AM   #3295
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster
Uwkete-of-Crushbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 145
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Well yet another Monday has come around. Would anyone care for a bet as to whether we get news or not. No....I didn't think so

THe longer this drags on without some sort of news, the more likely it is that splitpaw will be a ghost town. People have so many questions that considering the financial input that most of us have had into this game you would think that SOE would have the common courtesy to at least answer the questions that have been repeatedly raised all through this thread.

THis affects all of us, not just Euros, but the whole playerbase. If they can do it to one group, what will be done to the rest

Heh, I wish now I'd kept a transcript of the comment I had that got pulled for "trolling"; and to think, more than a bit in there was NICE to SOE... SMILEY

The thing that a lot of folks are forgetting (and I may get lynched, at least in writing, for this) is that SOE has very little, if any, say in this whole mess (I think that whole bit about Brasse going to Germany was probably to meet and greet with her equivalents; I doubt she was "responsible" for the bruhaha.  If she did get SOE in as part of the deal, I think it went beyond advertising rights...).  The deal itself was done by the giants in the playground, SONY and ProSeiben, and SOE and Alaplaya are considered about on the same level (at least by their parents), which isn't very high, apparently.

SOE themselves might not've been told much at all about any recent developments, and what they've been told probably can't go out the doors yet.  Granted, it would be nice to have them say something along the lines of, "We're sorry, we can't say anything yet, but hang in there, and as soon as we know, you'll know." (hey, it could happen! at least they said that on that other thread...)

As for me, I'll be patient and see what happens.  If I have a game to play still after April 2nd, great.  If not, I'll miss it, and everyone I've met over the last few years, deeply.  If I have to "just" leave Europe, that will be sad as well, but I'll see.

Uwk

(keeping fingers crossed)

__________________
Giant berserker kitties need luv too! ~
Uwkete-of-Crushbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #3296
Morrias
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dynasty Reborn
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Morrias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 552
Default

Zonavar wrote:

Wake up, people, EQ2 is a niche game with a limited demographic life - it won't get any new customers because of marketing - kids these days want Wow-like clones and fancy shoot-em ups - they ain't interested in a sequel/prequel to a game whose heyday was the late '90s/early 2000s. They are all currently in 'Minecraft-mode.'

What does Minecraft mode mean? Minecraft is a sandbox RPG, I have absolutely no idea what that is supposed to mean.. lol

And I disagree, when the Elder Scrolls or Fallout MMO comes out (whatever Zenimax is doing, we know they're doing something) I think it will be immensly successful and I would bet it wont be a wow clone.

I love EQ2 but this argument reminds me of the Vanguard fanboys circa 2009 who believed the game could be saved because of better marketing/advertising.

Vanguard flopped because it released half done, if they would officially re-release it and market it I believe it would be successful. A WoW killer? Hell no. On par with Rift? Quite possibly.

Not everything has to be compared to WoW, that is one of the huge problems in gaming anymore, every thing with a spell or sword is instantly compared to WoW if its an MMO, or TES if its single player. That kind of backwards thinking really prevents new creativity from forming into anything tangible. The company that takes a risk and breaks from the norm is going to either be a success or a failure, but hopefully someone takes that risk soon though, MMOs need it pretty bad right now.

(Apologies for the semi off topic post)

Morrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #3297
DamselInDistress

Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 510
Default

People compare everything to Wow because it's in your face everywhere you turn.

Personally I hate that game, but you can't escape it, you go to a shop there it is, you turn tv on, there it is.

I don't like it but I know about it. How many people don't even know EQ2 exists ?

Fear not though, Prosieben has 2 people working on advertising it, probably both locked in their momma's underground dungeon.

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #3298
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster
Uwkete-of-Crushbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 145
Default

Zonavar wrote:

Some of you seriously discussing ProSieben's 'advertising and marketing plans' for EQ2?

You think that will save the game and attract new people?

Wake up, people, EQ2 is a niche game with a limited demographic life - it won't get any new customers because of marketing - kids these days want Wow-like clones and fancy shoot-em ups - they ain't interested in a sequel/prequel to a game whose heyday was the late '90s/early 2000s. They are all currently in 'Minecraft-mode.'

I love EQ2 but this argument reminds me of the Vanguard fanboys circa 2009 who believed the game could be saved because of better marketing/advertising.

EQ2's biggest mistake is that it was called 'EQ2' (even though imho, at one point it was the best MMO out there). You can't really market this game.

The only thing that will keep the game going is the nostalgia factor and the loyal Everquest customers (SOE is managing to kill the latter very nicely because of its silence and shady plans to sell us off to this wonky Euro outfit).

An actual marketing campaign might have, way back when at the time it was needed.  There was a brief hiccup of it, way back when, probably at the time WoW was being announced; I remember the cool opening video, and the few "previews" it had at even movie theaters (VERY cool seeing it on the big screen!), but not much since then.  Why, I'm not sure; WoW went out of its way (still does) to advertise on anything and everything; I haven't seen game cards for it yet, but that might just be because I wasn't actually looking.  But when I went into a Target last year (US, granted, but still), looking for EQ2 game cards, the folks working the electronic section (that actually had Station Cash cards, but had Clone Wars-looking jazz all over it; confused me as to which game it might apply to) had no idea what I was talking about. :-/

The Facebook/Zynga games have cards all over creation, at least in the US; you can't go into a grocery store or a drug store (or probably even a convenience store) without seeing racks and racks of these things, in various denominations.  WoW's success in advertising is that Blizzard only does one thing: games.  SONY has many other irons in the fire, but Blizzard MUST succeed on the strength of their games, and WoW is by far their biggest seller, and they want to keep it that way.  For those that don't like WoW, take heart; they've been losing players recently (including me; just wasn't fun any more after Cataclysm kicked in).

But for kids who like Mine Craft, from what I know of it, I'd say they'd like the building aspect of EQ2, if they were aware of it.  It's the whole "building block" concept all over again; perhaps the dungeon building here might definitely appeal, if they knew about it.  I think SONY itself has never been too sure how to advertise this stuff at all; hopefully, ProSeiben does. ::shrug::

Uwk

__________________
Giant berserker kitties need luv too! ~
Uwkete-of-Crushbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #3299
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

right... someone accuses a company of posting their account details and i provide proof that all they displayed was a list of names so said people could contact the company and get their money back all because of how the user failed to provide proper referances under the company's old system.

second this thread is called "ProSiebenSat.1 Games Group FAQ Feedback Thread"

Obviously the discussions in here have caused them to edit the actual FAQ thread and put it back on the drawing board.

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #3300
Hateeternal

Loremaster
Hateeternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 155
Default

Man do you guys really believe this bs?

Whatever reason they thought they might have had to put real names on the internet - this is absolutely not bearable as a customer.

There would have definetly been other ways to get the money related to who sent it.

But seeing how much effort they put into thinking of an alternative way, makes me shiver when I think of them having my account details. So no way, this is NOT excusable in any way.

edit: General Info, the fact that the company failed to come up with a solid paying system like everyone else, is most likely not a case of "user failed" and they made it even worse by trying to put the blame on the customer...

__________________
Ihr seid lästig und habt euch noch nicht entschieden, wen ihr nerven werdet.

SOE Schedule:

8:00: see what isn't broken yet and break it

10:00: ban players complaining about it on the board

11:00: implement stuff noone wants, that breaks other stuff

-repeat-
Hateeternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.