EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #3121
T'Pol

Loremaster

Apparently they really dont care about the playerbase or we would have an answer.

Where is the promised feedback? Nothing is more detrimental for a community than this kind of silent treatment. But maybe its part of their tactic.

I looks like they are just waiting for a few weeks for people to calm down and then they will introduce this "exciting" change without further notice or warning like it was originally planned including region locks.

After that this change will be declared as the most fantastic (holy?) thing they ever came up with. Maybe another feedback thread will appear where they expect us to party all day and night.......

Am i too optimistic?

Old 03-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #3122
Meliane

Loremaster

Hello,

Come here to say again : What will happen to us europeans who play on both EU and US servers? If it means we'll have to pay two accounts, we need to know. Transferring characters costs money and demands time to prepare. If the vague promise that we'll be able to play on us servers still besides the ip lock is just a candy to keep us quiet, we need to know.

I am well aware that you never answered any valid concerns expressed here. And i need to tell you that already you ruined my game and my pleasure. I'm from Storms, a little french server, with few people, a village really. Everybody knows everybody almost. And thos few weeks were devastating. I lost 3/4 of my friendlist, my family guild is almost dead, my raiding guild keeps only one raid/week with all the accounts cancelling and all around it's just the same. Europeans players don't want this deal and are very shoked to be treated that way.

We wait for your answers, Feldon - thanks to him - has done a good job collecting every issues you have to consider. Please answer quickly, the situation is really bad.

Meliane

Meliane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #3123
VerkMahdison

Loremaster

I recall an irrational notion I used to occasionally entertain- that we were not in fact held in complete and utter naked contempt.

That notion has gone away now.

Our stupid thing of beauty has been garroted by cash cow milkers as all stupid things of beauty are.  In our true role as facillitators of SOEs financial advancement we have failed. Our punishment is removal of even that gossamer thing veil that =made us imagine once in a while that we were valued.

Sad now.

VerkMahdison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #3124
DamselInDistress

Champion

Triste-Lune wrote:

Maybe an update on next monday? Come on SOE you know you want this thread to leave page1 but still.

I can see them at their office, hands over ears and eyes, going like : LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA.

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #3125
VerkMahdison

Loremaster

oh hey where did the last 5 posts go? what a mystery- good job no on ever notices cause we all so FIK

Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #3126
VerkMahdison

Loremaster

Look into your eyes? why would i want to-------       

All is well, I welcome our new owners with open arms- i look forward to a new golden age- why, I would pay double for HALF the content! Come join me in the SOE community song--- " All is well - all is well- we live to serve the coffers- all is well!"

Old 03-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #3127
DamselInDistress

Champion

VerkMahdison wrote:

Look into your eyes? why would i want to-------       

All is well, I welcome our new owners with open arms- i look forward to a new golden age- why, I would pay double for HALF the content! Come join me in the SOE community song--- " All is well - all is well- we live to serve the coffers- all is well!"

I have my wallet ready so i can buy the first 200 pink plusihes they put up on Marketplace ! Even if they are $200 per ...

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #3128
isest

Loremaster

I got to wonder what happened to piestro fellow, did he quit, get fired,  I noticed hes left this topic alone now. Well I guess other than the mods the entire soe division has their hands in their ears and is totally ignoring this thread.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #3129
Grystan

Loremaster

Perhaps SOE staff have all joined a silent monastic order..

the silent order of ...

We Don't care..

So long thanks for all the Yen..

I'm sure you the community can think up other silent orders for this lack of communication...

Grystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #3130
Ruut Li

Loremaster

A red name recently posted in an island decorating thread. Thats nice. Can we have sum too?

Ruut Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #3131
DEATHAXE

Loremaster

*Let's keep the post within the forum guidelines please*

I am a USA player and play on Splitpaw, we deserve and answer as to what will be done and if players like my self will be able to play on Splitpaw. I do mean staying on the server and playing but under SOE not Prosieben. My accounts will come up for renewal in May and will be cancelled at that point if no response or if this nonsense is implemented under Prosieben. The one good thing about this you will not see any SOE personnel at Fanfair as they would be mobbed to say the least.

DEATHAXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #3132
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster

DEATHAXE wrote:

*Let's keep the post within the forum guidelines please*

I am a USA player and play on Splitpaw, we deserve an answer as to what will be done and if players like myself will be able to play on Splitpaw. I do mean staying on the server and playing but under SOE not Prosieben. My accounts will come up for renewal in May and will be cancelled at that point if no response or if this nonsense is implemented under Prosieben. The one good thing about this you will not see any SOE personnel at Fanfair as they would be mobbed to say the least.

But, but, but...I thought Fanfaire WAS what SOE put on?  If they don't show up, who will (and will the hotel who allowed a merchant's stuff to be stolen [good security, folks!  Either SOE or the hotel really gave a golly-gee-shucks-darn, didn't they?] care that nobody might show but a bunch of angry folks)?

Speaking as one in the exact same boat as yourself, Deathaxe, I have to wonder the exact same things, though; I have a TON of characters (well, 9) on Splitpaw, 8 of them are in the same guild (I created the last guy just to see if I could through SOE and not The Other; now I'm not sure I should bother getting him in the guild, too, only to have to leave soon), and I was looking forward to playing more with my guildies, being on at strange hours for the US.

I haven't checked these fora for awhile now--well, okay, to be honest, just this one forum; it's really the only one that's important at the moment--I keep hoping, strangely, that something good for the players would've been announced ("Now, today!!  One day only!  Free transfers from the EU to the US!  Get out now before the ship sinks!") and I just missed it, but it's a wee bit discouraging to realize that NOTHING HAS CHANGED since I was last here.  Sigh. :-/

Uwk

Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #3133
Al Dente

Loremaster

Meliane wrote:

Hello,

Come here to say again : What will happen to us europeans who play on both EU and US servers? If it means we'll have to pay two accounts, we need to know. Transferring characters costs money and demands time to prepare. If the vague promise that we'll be able to play on us servers still besides the ip lock is just a candy to keep us quiet, we need to know.

I am well aware that you never answered any valid concerns expressed here. And i need to tell you that already you ruined my game and my pleasure. I'm from Storms, a little french server, with few people, a village really. Everybody knows everybody almost. And thos few weeks were devastating. I lost 3/4 of my friendlist, my family guild is almost dead, my raiding guild keeps only one raid/week with all the accounts cancelling and all around it's just the same. Europeans players don't want this deal and are very shoked to be treated that way.

We wait for your answers, Feldon - thanks to him - has done a good job collecting every issues you have to consider. Please answer quickly, the situation is really bad.

Meliane

They killed Storms, that's what they wanted to.

Soon after we fall under Prosieben's laws, Storms will be merge with Splitpaw. A very few accounts and localisation is very expansive, that's all.

Don't even expect to escape Prosiben's laws. You will be allow to move to a US server BUT only with a Prosieben / Alaplaya account.

It's hard to say, that's why they say nothing.

That's not a SOE deal, that's a SONY Corp's deal. SoE has just to keep its mouth shut.

The game is over, let's talk about money...

Zag.

You do know me, Meliane ;)

Al Dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #3134
SOE-MOD-07

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50281...post_id=5729965 Non constructive
SOE-MOD-07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:52 AM   #3135
Madgincia

Loremaster

Well yet again we head towards another Monday, by my count that will be 3 since we were told we would hear something on Monday.

Even if Smed or SJ or anyone really from SOE would come and say that "sorry guys, we legally arent allowed to say anything yet" It would be a start.

Weeks are going on, subs are cancelled and for many of us we now just wait out the remaining time on our memberships to see what is happening. I don't even think I can see char transfer tokens on Splitpaw as the only time I have played is a couple of alts on Guk who I am not even sure if I will be able to keep since I am one of those pariahs from the UK

Maybe they are all just hoping that we quietly go away to PSS1 and they won't have to even aknowlege our existance now

/sad face

Madgincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:58 AM   #3136
Lempo

Loremaster

I agree and with the one that is coming up getting here an hour quicker I wouldn't count on it, in fact I'd say I'm sure it lessens the odds. I'm sure if this were November and the clocks were being set back this Monday would be the one. 

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #3137
Guyver24

Loremaster

Hmmm... can't help thinking about the fate of EQOA... following the same pattern here: Promises of new updates and content for a very long time, and then when there's no cows left to be milked, the game closes...

Back to the subject... still no news? Does not compute - highly illogical tbh... SMILEY

Guyver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #3138
Tallisman

Loremaster

And yet - and please don't shoot the messenger on this! - according to one of the in-game chat channels, soandso's guild is "growing with x-hundreds of unique accounts". Their short-sightedness was pointed out by soandso2 but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears with most of the posts here classed as "trolling with no idea what they're talking about" and that we "should read the actual facts about what's happening".

The message doesn't seem to be hitting home to some people.

I haven't posted here in a while hoping that there'd have been some response by now but no. And I concur with whoever posted this earlier; their lips are now sealed by the Legal Department (an epic^^^ x 8 mob).

I, for one, am stunned by this lack of commuication.

Don't expect anything soon.

Click my drum. Here's the story behind it.
Tallisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #3139
Deago

Loremaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRu9...feature=related

Sums up the aftermath of this mess.

Ontopic:  I am guessing there is another issue beyond sight that has given soe major problems.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #3140
sojurn1

Loremaster

i see nothing more than we have a plan from reds question tho if ip locks in the plan are removed how will they actully work it ie by email adress by your loging location just wondering how they will go about saying who you pay. Reason behind this i will be moving to usa soon in real from uk what will i be classed as to them? or should i just change adress payment card etc in advance ? i really wonder how others that move countries will deal with this and if its in -THE PLAN-
sojurn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #3141
Raiwon

Loremaster

For all we know it could take years until it gets finalised...

We just want to know where we stand atm and what to expect.

Is that to much to ask ?

Raiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #3142
Vexorkane

Loremaster

I haven't read anything at all concerning the previous posts, so pardon me if this is redundant.  Seeing as PSS is a VPN service, my key points of interest are aimed toward security features. 

What are the chances that there will be another mis-hap like EC2, SPN, or Dropbox? Does this solution address problems such as duplication?  Will this be a viable option of broad netwrok access?  Is this the beginning of an entire rescource pooling?  How will PSS handle inevitable elasticity issues?  Lastly, will this new service be measured properly inorder to combat and analyze potential security threats? 

And what about TCloud options, and "cloud of clouds" like Facebook and LinkedIn?

Vexorkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #3143
Vexorkane

Loremaster

Also, whose data-privacy laws will be implemented? 

To be honest,  it's not very surprising seeing the use of multiple clouds providers; storage, back-up, archiving, computing, etc. being linked seperately.

Vexorkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #3144
tkia

Tester

Sephyl, I strongly suggest you try reading a thread before posting to it, then you might be on the same subject ...
tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #3145
Kachros

Loremaster

Since soe's 1st statement of the new deal I've tried to remain loyal to the game I love .. I did in fact cancel my account (no wonder looking at the alaplaya site), then re-subbed when it was mentioned they had come up with a plan not to region lock us, but since I've come back in only a matter of days most of my friends had already left ..

I don’t recognise any names any more and when looking for a new guild now to start again I feel helpless and lost, regardless of how this turns out now I feel the damage has been done.

You have successfully (profanity used) got rid of all or most of your good/loyal customers to be replaced by people that think that since they own the recent cool looking flying mount with purple effects that they THINK they know their class and how it works and know how zones work and best to work through them.

I think I have reached my tolerance level and as far as I’m concerned YOU have killed a great game (YES YOU SOE think on it) there’s no going back now and FUTURE GAMES from you will 1st be remembered by what you have done recently .. anything you do now regarding you or alaplaya will not have my name attached to it.

You have killed off anything in the future you have planned, please be aware of this FACT. Their will always be a small majority but nothing like what you had/have. What a way to be remembered .. to have single handed killed off one the worlds biggest and most loved mmo games.

Yours a very disgruntled eq2 player 

Kachros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #3146
DonnyOddlegs

Loremaster

My hope is that the ProSiebenSat deal is the product of a corporate gun being held to Smed's head by the new Sony CEO - make the business pay or you're out.

Maybe, just maybe, somebody close to the top has noticed how badly SOE has been managed and we finally get someone able to do the job properly. It will be too late for EQ2, but late justice is better than none.

DonnyOddlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #3147
mamasweet

Loremaster

"February 9, 2012, 12:08 p.m. ET Wall Street Journal

TOKYO—The incoming chief executive of JN">Sony Corp. said that restructuring will continue at the struggling Japanese electronics giant, and insisted he is prepared to make "hard decisions," if necessary, about cutting the payroll and offloading some of the company's broad-ranging businesses.

"There's no area that we are leaving as a sacred area," Executive Deputy President Kazuo Hirai said during an interview earlier this week. Sony said last week that Mr. Hirai, who currently oversees the company's consumer-electronics and videogame operations, will become chief executive and president on April 1, taking over from current CEO Howard Stringer."

Full Article: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...1559623826.html

For some reason I don't think there will be an answer until MONDAY APRIL 2. I do not like what is happening.  I am a US player however I am seeing too many empty spots and not enough people on.  SOE/SONY has treated the EQ2 and the other games they are cannabalizing with no respect or dignity.  Common boys club if we going to get forcefully up close and personal how about a kiss or pillow talk?

mamasweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #3148
trennon

Loremaster

I have been sitting here debating whether I can face rejoining a game where I have little faith in the organisation that is running/selling it on but at the same time having very little inspiration on what games I would be prepared to try instead. 

There was a post some time ago with a few suggestions of MMO games coming out in the next year and I will admit a couple I have signed up for more news and will more than likely give them a go. Secret World and Neverwinter being the only 2 that caught my eye truly. 

My lack of inspiration is due to one thing and it is something that has been shown in huge quantities in this thread http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=515820. Yes we are worrying about this games future, yes we are angry that the answers we need to offer some piece of mind are not forthcoming BUT... the community is still out there, caring and taking time to make a small difference and frankly make all the other worries and problems seem insignificant and a touch on the selfish and pathetic side. 

Take a moment to look at what our amazing community did for a little boy on GUK, please do not hijack the thread and remember that this is something positive in what must be a terrible time for his family. 

Even if I never come back to EQ2, if the concerns about Prosieben and their handling of secure information is too much for me to risk it, this game will always be the place where I made some incredible friends and saw collectively how brilliant strangers can be. 

trennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #3149
Kriwiel

Loremaster

Hi,

Just wanted to add my two cents here too, I've had to take a break from eq2 and was planning to return, but will under no circumstances do that if I need to start playing via Prosieben, as sad as it makes me I guess that means no mor eq for me.

I guess it's time to find a new addiction...

Kriwiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #3150
Moldylocks

Loremaster

mamasweet wrote:

"February 9, 2012, 12:08 p.m. ET Wall Street Journal

TOKYO—The incoming chief executive of JN">Sony Corp. said that restructuring will continue at the struggling Japanese electronics giant, and insisted he is prepared to make "hard decisions," if necessary, about cutting the payroll and offloading some of the company's broad-ranging businesses.

"There's no area that we are leaving as a sacred area," Executive Deputy President Kazuo Hirai said during an interview earlier this week. Sony said last week that Mr. Hirai, who currently oversees the company's consumer-electronics and videogame operations, will become chief executive and president on April 1, taking over from current CEO Howard Stringer."

Full Article: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...1559623826.html

For some reason I don't think there will be an answer until MONDAY APRIL 2. I do not like what is happening.  I am a US player however I am seeing too many empty spots and not enough people on.  SOE/SONY has treated the EQ2 and the other games they are cannabalizing with no respect or dignity.  Common boys club if we going to get forcefully up close and personal how about a kiss or pillow talk?

Whelp, they just shut down 4 of their games, including EQOA.  Over there, they were promised content and updates as well and then they just pulled the rug out from under the playerbase.  I don't think anything is safe now.  Due to the continued silence, don't you all think its time you took your money and dignity and did something better than hanging around here?

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote