EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #2791
ranga

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

Hoserbaba wrote:

Why all this maintenance all of a sudden? Should i be panicking?

Nope, totally unrelated. Anything to do with the Prosieben deal is a long way off.

I am amazed, my gast has never been so flabbered!

Do you realise that every minute that ticks by, we are leeching good, dedicated players to our competitors? My own alliance is already decimated. It is difficult to even field a x2 most nights.

If the resolution to all the points brought up since the New Year in both threads are not addressed very, very soon, there may be little point. Indeed, some of us suspect that is exactly what SOE is hoping for!

In addition to all this fiasco, why do we have not even a smidgeon of news on the next GU? It is due soon. I'm sure that I am not alone in wanting more info. Before you say that part is off topic, recognise that it is just another symptom of very poor communication.

We do not think about a transfer of US server chars from EU costumers in Eq2. That should solve the biggest worries the EQ2 community has at the moment. We do not want to interfere with long build ingame relationships. This is the current way we think about it.

ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #2792
SiegaPlays

Loremaster

Axyrem wrote:

ProSieben is a whole commercial disaster, they will ruin EQ2 for europe and fill it up with commercials. Their TV channels send commercials every 10-15 minutes, no movie is enjoyable. We havent watched ProSieben since ages and we simply hate the fact that this company bought the European rights for our loved game.....

EQ2 commercials every 10-15 mins on a TV channel could be described as a refreshing change

I played at one time on a game, where people spoke a multitude of languages in the same chat channel and it does have some positive effects too. Was easy to spot other Scandinavians for one thing.

Could be fun to have serverwide localized chat channels -- or do we already? -- imagine all people playing from littleput country #4 being able to arrange a local tinySOEfaire at the same time SOE has theirs? Personally there is no way I would be able to dole out the expenses to visit the real thing, but travel an hour or two in Denmark to reach a faire? I could do that.

Getting off topic.

If I can keep playing exactly as I used to without feeling I get hung out to dry for being from outside America, I'd be willing to give ProSieben a chance, benefit of the doubt and all that not having personal experience with them.

But I do have all pass, and I do not intend to pay a second company too, to keep playing EQ2.

Getting a commercial push for EQ2 in Europe is really good, but limiting my options, lowering the value of my sub and maybe even cost me more money in subs to get the same I have now on all pass? nope, not going to happen.

-------------------------------------------------------------

MMO-Charmed web - there is a lot of games out there

-------------------------------------------------------------
SiegaPlays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #2793
suzita

Loremaster

while the news about finding a way for players from different regions is welcomed I'm afraid that there is still no way I will open an account with Prosiemen/Alaplayer.  

so for me, nothing has really changed. 

suzita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #2794
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=49996...post_id=5725678 Please do not post spam.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #2795
Seffrid

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

This is a list of items than as of this time we do not have a definitive answer as to whether or not they are being worked on or considered, most were not even covered in the original FAQ. These need to have clear concise answers. I am trying to update this list when I see something posted. So far Smedley has only indicated that they have a plan to allow players to play on any servers, which in itself is a bit ambiguous, the rest of these items are also important to many if not all players as well.

To make this thread cleaner and easier if you want something added PM it to me and I will edit this to get it on here and I will repost an updated version at around 9AM or so EST every day.

All of these merit a response, and should be clearly defined in whatever new FAQ you toss out whenever you do.

• Will Accounts on BOTH EU and rest of world servers permitted with one account
  • Will Billing information and account information retained and maintained by SOE
  • Will cross server communication mail/chat/server channels be permitted
  • Will players be able to continue to transfer servers assuming recurring billing/account age etc are met.
  • Will new accounts have the choice in who to sign up with SOE/PSS.1
  • Will ALL players continue to receive LoN cards (part of US subscription, if not they get less and adjustments are needed)
  • Will ALL players have access to EQ2 Players
  • Will the KeyFobs EU players spent a lot of money on continue to work for them
  • How much will accounts be at PSS.1 (A price similar to ... is not an answer. A fly is similar to an eagle. See what I mean?)
  • Will PSS.1 continue to get 500 SC or will there be a clear equivalent of alaplaya points (not acceptable to some I know)
  • Will accounts be deleted for inactivity? If not will alaplayas FAQ be changed to reflect such because it says they can
  • How will station access accounts be handled. i.e. will they still have the same access to games not included in this deal
  • Will ALL accounts be able to access and POST on the official SOE forums (for feedback on mechanics to the devs etc)
  • How will access to beta forums be handled?
  • Will ALL players have access to Test, TestCopy and Beta servers? (ALL meaning EU and US players)
  • Will the guide program continue to be available on ALL servers
  • How will /bug and /feedback be handled (and be aware that the answer to cross server comms DOES matter)

And I must apologize for overlooking this one again and will put it by itself so it stands out, I've saw it multiple times and at one time it would have applied to me.

• How will U.S. Military and other U.S. Government be handled. Treat them wrong and it is guaranteed to be a dealbreaker for many

Nice list, thanks Lempo for putting it together.

I have a few additional questions :-

1. When is it intended that these changes will be introduced? Within weeks or months?

2. What degree of influence or involvement, if any, will PSS1 have on the items placed in the Marketplace?

3. What will happen to the existing EU servers? Will players be forced to transfer to PSS1's servers within a certain timescale and what will happen to their characters if they do not?

4. Will players have the option of a free transfer to the US server of their choice if they do not wish to create a PSS1 account or play on their servers?

5. What will happen to players' SC given that the FAQ states it will be converted into PSS1's currency, but players may have other characters on US servers and in EQ that will require the retention of their SC?

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #2796
Moxicar

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

Hoserbaba wrote:

Why all this maintenance all of a sudden? Should i be panicking?

Nope, totally unrelated. Anything to do with the Prosieben deal is a long way off.

Thats good to know its a long way off, We will though stay unsubscribed untill this is settled in a way that we feel is satisfactory.

Moxicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #2797
dawy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

So let me things sum up from my subjective standpoint with the information i have at the moment:

As a European Player i pay now10$ / month with my recurring 1 Year SOE Subscription.I receive 500SC per month.I can use LON and get free cards with a chance to win a loot card for EQ2.I can use the newly reborn EQPlayers.

When i am forced to move my account to Alaplaya:I will have to pay predicted 15Euro and up (in no way would i sign up for a subscription longer than 1 month there) that makes predicted 20$ or more. This is an assumption based on the practice to equate Dollars with Euros (15$ for 1 Month at SOE = 15€ at Alaplaya)I will maybe receive some AlaplayaPoints No more LON, no more chance for free loot cards because SOE Account required.No more EQPlayers because SOE Account required.If i would like to play other SOE games: Station Pass not useful anymore.Possible account deletion after 90 days not paying subscription or buying Points (in a F2P game?).Possible posting of outstanding payments with real name on the forum, readable for everyone in the world with internet access!

Will the SOE Accounts be Region-Locked in the future? So if i evacuate all my treasured toons from Valor to an US Server, will i be able to login with my SOE Subscription after the European Servers are transferred to Pro7Sat1?What happens with the prepaid time for the SOE Subscription when i can't longer use it?

How can SOE think that this is a good deal for their former customers?I hope all the questions asked here and in all the previous posts on this thread will be answered detailed in the glorious FAQ 2.0 that will be posted "SOON", but i doubt i will like these answers.

PS regarding SOEs understanding of soon: If you look here http://www.soe.com/soeauthenticator/?locale=en_EN , the Mobile Authenticator is coming "SOON" for many months now!

Please excuse my English, i am from Austria (German Language  

Just a few things you got wrong.

They actually haven't deleted a single account so far for inactivity.

They have explained why they published names and that it's something they haven't done in 3 years and have no plans to do again (in short because of a failed wire transfer a payment method they no longer use and it was more to inform the customer than anything).

Also there will be no server locks as it looks now so you can play on any or all server you want.

Would prefer if they canceled the whole deal but actually willing to at least give ProSieben a chance.

Frankly its beside the point if it was a failed wire transfer Alaplya posted those names on an open forum thats is frankly something ive never heard ANY company do before,there incompitance staggers me.

A firm in my eyes get one chance to impress anything else stacks up in the no column,before last summer and the Sony hacking nonsense i'd never been hacked before,i felt safe but hey it happened and while nothing was taken my bank advise a new bank card,lots of hassle for a day or two but since then i'm more suspect of anyone i have dealings with online,the fact i'd never heard of Pro7 would have set my alarm bells ringing as id never heard of them but armed with this info no they wont get my card details,they're untrustworthy to me.

I hope for your sake that everything goes well for you and nothing happens but after all these pages i yours is the first post to say they'll give them a chance,frankly i think you're brave.

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #2798
Ruut Li

Loremaster

I understand that some are so desperate to play, or live in the US and dont feel too affected by this, that they start to defend this and prosieben7. The point is: they claim the right to delete accounts after 90 days of inactivity. It does not matter that they havent! The point is: they have made an extremely unprofessional decision once to publish the names of people whos payments didnt go through. What does it matter that they have explained the reasons? They are clearly amateurs. The point is: they recruit gamers, 16 year olds and up, for customer service. In the forums. For alaplayapoints.

Go ahead and give them a shot, but do not try to twist facts and say we are wrong bringing these amateurish business decisions into daylight. Than you.

Ruut Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #2799
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

So, it's been a week now, & still no real feedback from the Upper Food chain, other than assurances that "we're working on it," & no indication that they've understood the full scope of the issue.

But hey, at least we got a very nice, happy-cheery-fuzzy pro forma smoke-blowing session from Ms Windstalker.

/facepalm

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #2800
Shiruki

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

So let me things sum up from my subjective standpoint with the information i have at the moment:

As a European Player i pay now10$ / month with my recurring 1 Year SOE Subscription.I receive 500SC per month.I can use LON and get free cards with a chance to win a loot card for EQ2.I can use the newly reborn EQPlayers.

When i am forced to move my account to Alaplaya:I will have to pay predicted 15Euro and up (in no way would i sign up for a subscription longer than 1 month there) that makes predicted 20$ or more. This is an assumption based on the practice to equate Dollars with Euros (15$ for 1 Month at SOE = 15€ at Alaplaya)I will maybe receive some AlaplayaPoints No more LON, no more chance for free loot cards because SOE Account required.No more EQPlayers because SOE Account required.If i would like to play other SOE games: Station Pass not useful anymore.Possible account deletion after 90 days not paying subscription or buying Points (in a F2P game?).Possible posting of outstanding payments with real name on the forum, readable for everyone in the world with internet access!

Will the SOE Accounts be Region-Locked in the future? So if i evacuate all my treasured toons from Valor to an US Server, will i be able to login with my SOE Subscription after the European Servers are transferred to Pro7Sat1?What happens with the prepaid time for the SOE Subscription when i can't longer use it?

How can SOE think that this is a good deal for their former customers?I hope all the questions asked here and in all the previous posts on this thread will be answered detailed in the glorious FAQ 2.0 that will be posted "SOON", but i doubt i will like these answers.

PS regarding SOEs understanding of soon: If you look here http://www.soe.com/soeauthenticator/?locale=en_EN , the Mobile Authenticator is coming "SOON" for many months now!

Please excuse my English, i am from Austria (German Language  

Perhaps not yet (at least so they say...considering that they must be grasping at all the straws that they can in order to stop the flood of players cancelling/and refusing to sign with them) but they can...and since it's in their EULA you wouldn't be able to complain about it at all. Not exactly great that idea imho.

Shiruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #2801
LivingBlade

Loremaster

SOE has been hit-or-miss in so many ways over the years.   I've been here since near launch and played with many people from all over the world.   Of late, I watched my guild with two raid forces get decimated due to numerous poor decisions by the EQ development team and SOE itself.   The advent of SWTOR provided an opportunity for the majority to move on to a new game and it appears the majority of my guild went there (I tried other guilds but there are so few raiding end game content with any success it is difficult to find a new credible home).  Of late it has been a struggle to login and do more than solo here and there as the groups are either focused on selling gear to make plat or are full of people who are too new or poorly geared to take on anything challenging.

To a very large extent, SOE has made this game way too easy and focused its energies on the novice players.  Raid content has been lacking in terms of interesting and challenging scripts (the last one I found really innovative was 4 Rune Theer in SF and that was fun for all).   Since then the innovation really isn't apparent. 

Now this new business deal comes along and tries to fracture the community even further with no real benefit to the player base.   Sure SOE gets some benefits but when a company focuses only on its needs and not on the problems its customers want then that company will fail.  I've seen so many people just give up.  Lost a few with the whole security problems.  Lost more with the lack of meaningful innovation in DoV post launch.  Now will lose even more as people from around the world are prevented from playing together.

Not a lot of point in complaining in forums so I did the only action I could and that was to cancel my two accounts.  I was on the yearly subscription so there are a number of months before they go dark permanently so I hope that SOE starts to turn this around.  However, if there isn't tangible growth outside of the never-ending station cash space, I do not plan to reverse my cancellations.  It is too bad because I've played for much of the time this game has been around and enjoyed many aspects.  Of late, the quality, lack of interesting content, lack of new challenges, and now the fracturing of the player base have pushed me over the line.  SOE will reap what it sows in this regard and it appears even some of the devs are sensing that the end is nigh and moving onward.  Can't say I blame anyone but I hope that SOE takes a moment and really thinks through this latest poor decision.

LivingBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #2802
Flobdeth

Loremaster

ranga wrote:

If the resolution to all the points brought up since the New Year in both threads are not addressed very, very soon, there may be little point. Indeed, some of us suspect that is exactly what SOE is hoping for!

Crossed my mind that's what they want, shut down eq2 and shift the devs to eqnext

Flobdeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #2803
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

Flobdeth wrote:

Crossed my mind that's what they want, shut down eq2 and shift the devs to eqnext

You mean waste resources and development on the flawed concept of a F2P version of Farmville meets Everquest?  Someone at SOE needs to remember his roots.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #2804
Lempo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Just a few things you got wrong.

You have no evidence that they haven't any more than there is evidence that they have.

The point is it is in the FAQ/TOS whatever and if they wish to eliminate any doubt then those will be amended to state that they will not delete characters for inactivity, period.

Pretty simple, not that there would be any real recourse if they did, except to scream and yell about it and further tarnish their reputation, but as it stands right now if they did do it they could simply point to the TOS and say "Right there it is" maybe with "learn 2 play" tagged on to the end of the customer support message where they pointed this out to you.

Adding this to the list now.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #2805
Weil
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: The Midnight Runners

Lord

Flobdeth wrote:

ranga wrote:

Vanguard/EQ2  Same stuff different game. I've seen this bombshell/silence tactic from the very same individuals before. VG haemorraged subs due to the introduction of livegamer against the customers wishes as well as mucho false promises/failure to deliver/lies to the long suffering player base. And here we are again, it's like de-javu.

Now VG has no players and livegamer is gone......some people really do never learn do they? I can't help feeling that with GW2 imminent, Smedley may have another epic fail to add to his resume. The timing, it has to be said, is priceless.

*Please do not bypass the language filter*

Weil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #2806
Grystan

Loremaster

Flobdeth wrote:

ranga wrote:

To be honest this is what they said about EQ original, its still going

Grystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #2807
Deago

Loremaster

These boards are rated C for carebear.

Anyway on topic:  Even if they did introduce IP locks in some form there are numerous ways around those on many levels.

I have a good friend overseas who can not get to a Walmart so on those triple days he will send me 15.00 and I will pick him up one when/if I goto the store etc..  Why not pay me in plat?  I have enough plat to drown in why would I need more?  Real money is the King.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #2808
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

I think my biggest worry right now (assuming region lock is history) is that they are going to make ALL Euros sign with Alaplaya, and then let us play on whatever server, whereas before us Euros were grandfathered on US servers and could stay with SOE. 

I DO NOT want to sign up with Alaplaya. 

A lot of people have been saying that we should give Alaplaya a chance and not judge them on past performance because EQ2 is different.  Trouble is, I (and many other others) have done a lot of homework on the company, as I would with any other company I was potentially going to have a long term financial relationship with.  Any other company from a bank, insurance, etc etc I would check out and choose based on the experiences and reviews of previous clients.  So far Alaplaya do not come out well.  It makes it very hard to give them the benefit of the doubt when you check out all past performance.  Feels a bit like letting a moderately successful market iIPhone-cover dealer take over a major chain like M&S or something.

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #2809
Yimway

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Vanguard/EQ2  Same stuff different game. I've seen this bombshell/silence tactic from the very same individuals before. VG haemorraged subs due to the introduction of livegamer against the customers wishes as well as mucho false promises/failure to deliver/lies to the long suffering player base. And here we are again, it's like de-javu.

This really isn't apples to apples with the LG fold out into VG.  This partnership is to enable SoE to better distribute into a market they've struggled with.

Shoehorning LG into VG was just an attempt to milk a little more cash out of a dieing/dead game.

Certainly they didn't think thru the details of this deal with PSS1, but that doesn't surprise me as Mr. Smedley has never shown to have significant foresight or attention to detail.  It is however in the long run the right type of relationship for SoE to enter into, just with better executive leadership this could have been accomplished without rocking the boat NEARLY this much.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #2810
Gaealiege
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Eruanna Ar Fuin

Loremaster

Reckoner, you can't take it with you.  Dancing for your pleasure.

You are not to blame for, Bittersweet Distractor.  Dare not speak it's name.  Dedicated to all human beings.

Gaealiege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #2811
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Good luck with everything. I've cancelled my last account and I won't be back. This decision has been made calmly and coldly. If anyone at SOE or in Germany is interested I won't be back and I won't be subscribing to any more SOE games in the future, such is my feeling of betrayal by that company. The way we subscribers have been dealt with over many issues over the last three years or so has been nothing short of scandalous and I sincerely hope those responsible will eventually appreciate just how shoddy they are. To be honest they probably won't until the day they wake up and find no subscribers left. Even then they won't care as the majority of them play WoW anyway. Says it all really.

Anyone want to hack my account and take my stuff, feel free. I won't be looking in on it again. If anyone wants me I'm over at SWTOR having fun. Remember that? That's the feeling we used to have playing this game up to about 18 months ago.

Moly checking out.

Thunderthyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #2812
Gaealiege
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Eruanna Ar Fuin

Loremaster

Even if all subscribers left tomorrow, the people you're addressing won't care.  They're incredibly wealthy without EQ2.  So, sadly, as often goes with board of directors and any administration, they won't be learning a lesson.  They'll make some blanket sweep stupid statement like "Our decisions just weren't directed at the current market."

You'd never get them to say "Maybe I, personally, made bad decisions that led to the demise of X."

Gaealiege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #2813
Tallisman

Loremaster

I don't want to, and won't, sign with Alaplaya. If I can stay with SOE (and remain on AB), I'll stay. At least my account is semi-safe.

Question: can new players from the EU* play on US servers?

*I'm from the UK. I am not European SMILEY Subtle distinction.

Click my drum. Here's the story behind it.
Tallisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #2814
stayx

Loremaster

I dont see the promised news, its an mistake by me or have SOE not released yet an solution for the segretation and ip block problem?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #2815
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster

Lodrelhai wrote:

Uwkete-of-Crushbone wrote:

So, no kidding, there I was; doing my best today to get into Splitpaw from the US, and hitting the "Trying login server #3" wall again, and getting mightily suspicious, if not outright paranoid.  I got an automated response from the help desk in email ("FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS!!  GO HERE [link] INSTEAD!") and dutifully clicked on the link, where I saw a bit more of an actual response (from, it looked like, some SOE place in Portugal; "Neat!" I think, "there's actually someone there at 6:30 am on a Monday, bless their hearts!  And look, links to even faster contact methods!").

I dutifully click on the link there to get me to Live Chat; I go through the pre-screening steps ("EQ2 product, check.  Type of issue: Technical.  Check.  Fill in the blank below about details: check.  Submit!" "Eh?  Not going through because I didn't select something under Technical?  But, but, but...there ARE no options under Technical..."), nothing.

The Live Chat Help needs help!

Uwk

For what it's worth, there ARE more options under Technical.  It's an expanding tree.  There's actually a little arrow next to Technical and if you click it, it shows various technical options.

I only discovered this because Chrome expanded the tree automatically when I selected a heading.  IE, Firefox, and Opera did not and I was horribly confused.

That's the thing!  All I have on this computer is either IE (which I gave up on long ago) and Firefox; when I clicked on the little arrow provided, it just dropped down the entire Choice box (as in, Account/Billing or Technical or Nothing) instead ... glad to know it works somewhere, but it still brings up the whole point of it being "broken," in that it doesn't seem to work on the grand majority of ISPs still in use. :-/

Maybe I'll try again on my laptop, where I tried Chrome once just to say I had (it's basically IE in fancier wrapping, IMHO).  Thanks for letting me know; the Help page certainly didn't! ;->

Uwk

Old 02-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #2816
isest

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Flobdeth wrote:

ranga wrote:

Now VG has no players and livegamer is gone......some people really do never learn do they? I can't help feeling that with GW2 imminent, Smedley may have another epic fail to add to his resume. The timing, it has to be said, is priceless.

I was with Vanguard through beta, what killed the game was when sigil told all of us in beta they were in talks with SOE to have an agreement that soe would be taking over the game.   Once the game went live most of the folks left after the first 30 days of free game play, and that was due to how buggy the game was and how nothing that was turned in in beta was fixed and made it to live.  I left after 3 months of the game going live.  Live-gamer might have had later repercussions on how the game was in killing off more folks.  One thing I know for sure they have 2 servers one for the us and one for europe now it might go free to play.  Blaming vanguards problems on livegamer is funny.  The problems were soe and how bad of a job they did with that game in turning a blind eye to the problems that were abound. Vangaurd has fuffered for years of bad mismangement and that is the truth of the matter. 

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #2817
DonnyOddlegs

Loremaster

I have seen several posters suggest that the original announcement of region locking was simply a tactic to make the eventual sale and transfer of EU accounts to Pro7 more palatable: Initially propose full segragation of EU servers, then appear to back down and remove the restrictions provided everyone in Europe signs up for a new Pro7 account.

I would love to think this was true and the plan was drawn up by some evil genius. This would imply a degree of competence that means the game is in safe hands. Such a person would know all they need to do is keep feeding us a bit of what we want every three months and we all keep paying our subscriptions without question. Give us a bigger dose every 12 months and we'll all pay extra for that, without needing to have 2/3 knocked off first.

The alternative is that what we have seen over the last few days is just another mistake made by a company that doesn't understand it's products or its customers. I'm sure this isn't the case though.

DonnyOddlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #2818
isest

Loremaster

So no news on the deal today either,  one has to scratch their head at the total lack of information about this subject. 

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #2819
FeliciaDarkblade

Loremaster

isest wrote:

So no news on the deal today either,  one has to scratch their head at the total lack of information about this subject. 

FeliciaDarkblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #2820
FeliciaDarkblade

Loremaster

isest wrote:

Maybe their mother's taught them that if they didn't have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all?

FeliciaDarkblade is offline   Reply With Quote