EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #2221
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Wirewhisker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 582
Default

Melrakki wrote:

I work as a manager in a company that has a lot of competition from similar companies ...

First thing I learned was:

100 happy customers WILL come back and might even tell others about the good service/goods etc

BUT

1 angry customer will probably NEVER come back and he/she WILL tell others about how lousy he/she was treated to everyone who wants to listen and advice them to go elsewhere

I am not a happy customer here  

The corollary to that being the old saw that it's more profitable and desireable to retain one steady customer than it is to go out and get 3 new customers..

They are torquing off a LOT of steady customers here.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #2222
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster
Uwkete-of-Crushbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 145
Default

Not to stir up any more soup, but has anyone been able to get into Splitpaw today (well, okay, late Friday night/today) from the US?  I've been trying since around midnight PST and no luck.  Just got to the "Trying login server #3" bit, where it stayed without doing anything (or increasing the Mem Usage; I've kept Task Manager running in the background now for quite some time) for several minutes.  Tried to get onto Test, first as an experiment, then as a research method ("Has anyone been able to go from US to UK?"); got in there just dandy.  Not many there had tried, but one player got in just fine ... from France.

If they've already moved us over while they're "re-negotiating," it's unlikely they'll move us back, no matter the outcome.  If I have to give my information to a fly-by-night like Alaplaya just for the priviledge of trying to move my babies from Splitpaw to somewhere safe in the US, then no one's getting my gaming dollar.

Uwk

increasingly discouraged

__________________
Giant berserker kitties need luv too! ~
Uwkete-of-Crushbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #2223
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster
Uwkete-of-Crushbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 145
Default

Eeek!  Near double-post; ignore this one, the first one showed up. ;->

Uwk

__________________
Giant berserker kitties need luv too! ~
Uwkete-of-Crushbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #2224
Impega

Loremaster
Impega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14
Default

[email protected]_old wrote:

There sure is an insane amount of overreaction in this thread.

Voicing displeasure with a decision is one thing, but people take it to the extreme, especially since SoE clearly is reacting.

Just to clarify things here, please remember that SoE officially announced the PSS1 deal on 12th January, 2012.

Pretty much all the issues that players have been venting about were spelled out (but ignored) in this 24 page thread:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=513483

Today is 25th February 2012. SoE have had 6 weeks to "react" but they are still phaffing around "listening" to us. Any responsible company would have anticipated the reaction and had everything worked out beforehand. Instead they appear to be running around like headless chickens trying to solve a bunch of issues that had been laid out before them in words of one syllable for 6 weeks now.

In the face of these facts it is difficult to cut SoE any slack. They deserve all the criticsm (although not personal attacks imo) they are getting because NONE of this came as a surprise.......................although perhaps they were "listening" to the comments in the previous thread in the way they "listen" to most player comments i.e. with large lumps of cheese stuffed into their ears!

Impega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #2225
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk
Rank: Matriarches

Tester
Whilhelmina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: France (Storms)
Posts: 3,161
Default

What Uwkete said. I'm the player from France and others had no problems from Europe. Someone seemed to e connected from the US frrom quite some time and one made it through after a bunch of tries. Someone from the Los Angeles area was also reporting problems reaching Valor.

Original post before I saw Uwkete post:

For whatever reason, it seems logging into Splitpaw from the US is currently a bit hard. A friend from Test Server has not been able to reach it yet (stuck at "trying to log in server #"). I tried, some others were around too, all from EU. BUT at least 1 US player was loged in for quite some time in Splitpaw and another had managed it after a bunch of tries. /tinfoilhat

Every little technical problems like that are just increasing the fear of players :/

__________________
French Tradeskill Guide and my houses.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #2226
CEC

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 19
Default

millie wrote:

Legal reality is not necessarily observant of geography, even though you currently live in Japan did you first use the game in some other area of the world? 

As a customer of SOE commerce London you too may have been swept up as part of the "European Region".  That customers other than Aussies are in this category gives me some hope it will be sorted out (if my theory is correct) but I expect it will need to be negotiated.

Sorry but answer to your question is no. I did not create this account at any other part of the world.

One of the accounts I use for EQ1 as well as EQ2 and this was when Square-Enix was running the

Japanese-International Server. Even at this time, the payments were done thru SOE and not to Square-Enix.

So I have no ties what so ever to the European side. I have never even stepped my foot in any part of Europe in my life.

The payment collecting company has a bad reputation among us.

You may not know this, but some people forge US address in their user information data just to avoid

paying thru this company. This way, you avoid payment trouble some people have once in a while.

(you see, US residents are collected by SOE. Others are done by 3rd party company.)

I created all 3 accounts as a resident of Japan with Credit card being issued from a japanese bank.

So I don't think your theory is correct.

Just in case if it "IS" correct, SOE, you better get your accounting straitened out before you start making decisions.

There were more than once we had accounting trouble because of your 3rd party payment collecting guys.

CEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #2227
Lempo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,179
Default

[email protected] wrote:

For whatever reason, it seems logging into Splitpaw from the US is currently a bit hard. A friend from Test Server has not been able to reach it yet (stuck at "trying to log in server #"). I tried, some others were around too, all from EU. BUT at least 1 US player was loged in for quite some time in Splitpaw and another had managed it after a bunch of tries. /tinfoilhat

Every little technical problems like that are just increasing the fear of players :/

I truly hope that this is currently just technical and routing problems of some kind. Both SOE and PSS.1 have stated that the IP ban/lock was not currently in effect, if that is not the case it is going to do nothing but make the steaming pile od dung that this deal is grow exponentially, and other than Piestro there will be no word from anyone SOE this weekend. SJ & Windstalker *might* be monitoring the SC sales to evaluate how much those generate and how much they think it will mitigate the losses from the fallout over this deal, though I doubt it, they will just check Monday and if the sale went very bad then they will say "Houston, we may have a problem." if they went good then later in the week expect to hear "We tried but the deal was already made" but don't expect to hear it from them the Community Manager will be thrown under the bus, while they continue their day to day routine of avoiding any sort of contact with the player base.

__________________
All actions have consequences and repercussions.



Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #2228
Lempo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,179
Default

Impega wrote:

Just to clarify things here, please remember that SoE officially announced the PSS1 deal on 12th January, 2012.

Pretty much all the issues that players have been venting about were spelled out (but ignored) in this 24 page thread:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=513483

Today is 25th February 2012. SoE have had 6 weeks to "react" but they are still phaffing around "listening" to us. Any responsible company would have anticipated the reaction and had everything worked out beforehand. Instead they appear to be running around like headless chickens trying to solve a bunch of issues that had been laid out before them in words of one syllable for 6 weeks now.

In the face of these facts it is difficult to cut SoE any slack. They deserve all the criticsm (although not personal attacks imo) they are getting because NONE of this came as a surprise.......................although perhaps they were "listening" to the comments in the previous thread in the way they "listen" to most player comments i.e. with large lumps of cheese stuffed into their ears!

Actually all of what we got in that FAQ was worked out then, that was why it was all ignored in the thread. They just couldn't deliver the FAQ until the ink was on the papers and dried. Seriously, do you think for one minute that PSS.1 would have signed onto this after seeing the reaction?

__________________
All actions have consequences and repercussions.



Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #2229
Trevynoae

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 392
Default

Uwkete-of-Crushbone wrote:

Not to stir up any more soup, but has anyone been able to get into Splitpaw today (well, okay, late Friday night/today) from the US?  I've been trying since around midnight PST and no luck.  Just got to the "Trying login server #3" bit, where it stayed without doing anything (or increasing the Mem Usage; I've kept Task Manager running in the background now for quite some time) for several minutes.  Tried to get onto Test, first as an experiment, then as a research method ("Has anyone been able to go from US to UK?"); got in there just dandy.  Not many there had tried, but one player got in just fine ... from France.

You could also try the german server "Valor" - the new launchpad obviosly just downloads a couple of xml files to make the patcher german. But since we have it I could change easily between us and eu servers within seconds without gigabytes of download happening (enabling me to delete a full installation of eq2 that i just had for that purpose).

If you can not reach valor - then - then there is something fishy.

@CEC

You are correct. Billing outside the US (speaking form the german point of view) (meanwhile this also applies to credit card!) is handled by another company. In our case here in germany it is global collect. And they do have a very bad reputation here. A rought guesstimate is that 80% of all locked accounts ever on the german servers was due to GC not doing their job right. They happened to lock payments down for about a year until SOE found out and banned those accounts asking the owners to pay - although they already had paid but GC never forwarded the money.Every billing since then has a slight chance that it will fail and put a bad mark on your account - that's why I always used CC payments to avoid GC - but now that they are handling them also ... each payment is an adventure. (although - i need to give them credit that it looks like they improved their service)

Seffrid wrote:

but in the only reply I managed to catch at last night's live chat with Coldor from PSS1 he indicated that they were discussing not only servers/regional locking but also account management.

That is correct. They mentioned it several times in chat that they are currently working on their account management so that they can handle our new accounts. It was put pretty clear in chat that they expect EU customers to sign up with them and have their account information transfered over to play on the eu servers.

Veteran rewards and everything else is said to be "converted" so that those moving to them don't loose anything.

Although I had to reiterate several times that they better do not just convert all my SC to any kind of their virtual currency because that would mean thievery here in germany (and them and me are both under the same legislative then) because there is a given exchange rate and I could name the damage they did after the theft because I reserve the right to spend that SC on EQ or EQII - wherever I like it. Transfering it over without my explicit consent is a "no go". From my understanding they were quite surprised this could even be a problem! Obviously they aren't fully aware of the nits they inherited by signing this contract.

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #2230
Fanatica
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: The Crystal Shard
Rank: Holder of the Shard

Loremaster
Fanatica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20
Default

Uwk, just to let you know, I am in USA and transferred my prized toon yesterday to us server from splitpaw. I have been back to splitpaw today to do things on my other toons. Had no trouble.

The only prob I am aware of is that a new USA account someone set up on splitpaw couldn't log in to splitpaw a couple of days ago. Seems to be random probs.

Also, just fyi to anyone who needs to know, I found out that if you have a monthly account, transfer tokens do not show up all the time because of a bug. You can petition soe and they will place a token in the marketplace for you. You have to use the token right away tho, so make sure you are ready to transfer.

Hope this helps.

Fanatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #2231
Impega

Loremaster
Impega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Impega wrote:

Just to clarify things here, please remember that SoE officially announced the PSS1 deal on 12th January, 2012.

Pretty much all the issues that players have been venting about were spelled out (but ignored) in this 24 page thread:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=513483

Today is 25th February 2012. SoE have had 6 weeks to "react" but they are still phaffing around "listening" to us. Any responsible company would have anticipated the reaction and had everything worked out beforehand. Instead they appear to be running around like headless chickens trying to solve a bunch of issues that had been laid out before them in words of one syllable for 6 weeks now.

In the face of these facts it is difficult to cut SoE any slack. They deserve all the criticsm (although not personal attacks imo) they are getting because NONE of this came as a surprise.......................although perhaps they were "listening" to the comments in the previous thread in the way they "listen" to most player comments i.e. with large lumps of cheese stuffed into their ears!

Actually all of what we got in that FAQ was worked out then, that was why it was all ignored in the thread. They just couldn't deliver the FAQ until the ink was on the papers and dried. Seriously, do you think for one minute that PSS.1 would have signed onto this after seeing the reaction?

Aye, PSS1 must realise that they have got hold of a tiger by the tail (thinking it was a mouse probably) and they are now desperately trying to let go! Kinda naive of them not to cotton on before signing the deal though.

Impega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #2232
Kasar

Loremaster
Kasar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 540
Default

Melrakki wrote:

I work as a manager in a company that has a lot of competition from similar companies ...

First thing I learned was:

100 happy customers WILL come back and might even tell others about the good service/goods etc

BUT

1 angry customer will probably NEVER come back and he/she WILL tell others about how lousy he/she was treated to everyone who wants to listen and advice them to go elsewhere

I am not a happy customer here  

That's standard, and for years, EQ2 was all about word of mouth advertising obviously.  Subscriptions mattered since they were the baseline funding that allowed planning for monthly expenditures.  That's the old system.

With F2P products, it's all about the numbers.  Pull in hundreds in the hopes that dozens will spend a little money before moving on, and just accept the churn as part of the system.  An individual customer, or a few hundred, really aren't significant to the bottom line once you get the kinds of numbers they shoot for.  Clearly they anticipate having a European media outlet marketing the game produce large enough numbers to make it work regardless of what happens with the existing players.

It seems odd that they view the product that cheaply themselves, but that seems to be the way MMO's are headed.  Eventually they'll be sending emails with double-xp scrolls to people that haven't logged in for a day or two to return and play a few more hours, like the emails I get routinely from games under the Perfect World umbrella.  It's a whole different way of doing business and loyalty is just another commodity.

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #2233
feldon30

Fansite Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,424
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Personally, I'd take anything Alaplaya says with a grain of salt.  If anything, this doesn't show their "willingness to communicate", it shows what amateurs they are.

Wait, are we talking about Alaplaya?

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #2234
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster
CorpseGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,774
Default

feldon30 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Personally, I'd take anything Alaplaya says with a grain of salt.  If anything, this doesn't show their "willingness to communicate", it shows what amateurs they are.

Wait, are we talking about Alaplaya?

Yes.  According to Brasse's post, there are still talks going on.  And personally, I just don't see it being smart business practice to be answering questions and making promises when things seem to be in a state of flux.  

Perhaps "amateur" wasn't the correct word to use.  "Over-eager to please" might have been a better phrase.  I just don't think that any of the parties involved right now should be tipping their hands to anybody until everything is concrete.  I'm a completely cynical and sceptical person, so I immediately assume it's done to assuage player outrage, rather than because they actually have any concrete or positive information to share.

__________________
CorpseGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #2235
MurFalad

Loremaster
MurFalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tonbridge, UK
Posts: 1,360
Default

[email protected] wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Personally, I'd take anything Alaplaya says with a grain of salt.  If anything, this doesn't show their "willingness to communicate", it shows what amateurs they are.

Wait, are we talking about Alaplaya?

Yes.  According to Brasse's post, there are still talks going on.  And personally, I just don't see it being smart business practice to be answering questions and making promises when things seem to be in a state of flux.  

Perhaps "amateur" wasn't the correct word to use.  "Over-eager to please" might have been a better phrase.  I just don't think that any of the parties involved right now should be tipping their hands to anybody until everything is concrete.  I'm a completely cynical and sceptical person, so I immediately assume it's done to assuage player outrage, rather than because they actually have any concrete or positive information to share.

I disagree on the wall of silence approach, its not rocket science what they are talking about, just to put some perspective on things we currently today have a solution that works okay for the current player base.

If they want to mess around with it fine, but given enough time they can implement something new that does exactly the same as what we have today. 

Anything is possible in software, especially true when it has already been achieved, so if they came to the community now and gave us a list of what they shall achieve with the new setup then people would be placated.  For example if SOE and Prosebien will it they can implement a region lock free game setup, they control everything that is needed to implement it, all that is lacking is the will and it is therefore clear that a region lock free game setup is not their #1 priority.

I think of this like a specification for a product, SOE and Prosebien now can come to us and state what we can expect, even if it takes time to figure out the complete implementation.

And its not just region locking either, account security, the cash shop and many other areas all need to be fixed here with this deal, if they just fix the region locking alone then we will still have lost a large proportion of our EU userbase.

MurFalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #2236
CantbeBothered

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 13
Default

[email protected] wrote:

The fact that these people in Alaplaya are just spewing forth whatever people want to hear is not only suspect, it's also highly unprofessional.

Well, I suppose prowhatsit.whatever are are seeing what is happening (people leaving) and seeing some of the revenue they were expecting from the deal going up in smoke.  THEY want to try and keep us, SOE are just sitting back looking at the check PSS1 just gave them, it's not going to have quite the same impact to them and the US servers they are running.  Of course it WILL also impact them with EU guilds and region locking and negative publicity, but not by the same margin as the germans who have just bought themselves an empty server and have probably just realised that means their sums don't add up anymore.

CantbeBothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #2237
MurFalad

Loremaster
MurFalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tonbridge, UK
Posts: 1,360
Default

Double post!

MurFalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #2238
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

[email protected]_old wrote:

There sure is an insane amount of overreaction in this thread.

Voicing displeasure with a decision is one thing, but people take it to the extreme, especially since SoE clearly is reacting.

SoE clearly is reacting? I see no evidence of that. A couple of lip service responses from CS and an absolute lack of any appearance from a producer suggests otherwise.

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #2239
Neave

Loremaster
Neave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 34
Default

After giving this a few days to sink in now, my anger is not diminished.

If you'd have told me last week I would be cancelling my accounts I would have laughed in your face. I had EVERY intention of playing all year, raiding, enjoying a wealth of well established characters and was even beginning to look forward to EQ Next (despite knowing it would be a cash shop jamboree).

Sony have not only managed to overstep the mark, but has found a sacred cow and slaughtered it right in front of our eyes.

Neave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #2240
Kasar

Loremaster
Kasar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 540
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Yes.  According to Brasse's post, there are still talks going on.  And personally, I just don't see it being smart business practice to be answering questions and making promises when things seem to be in a state of flux.  

Perhaps "amateur" wasn't the correct word to use.  "Over-eager to please" might have been a better phrase.  I just don't think that any of the parties involved right now should be tipping their hands to anybody until everything is concrete.  I'm a completely cynical and sceptical person, so I immediately assume it's done to assuage player outrage, rather than because they actually have any concrete or positive information to share.

Sure, but if you don't communicate with your playerbase as a matter of daily conduct, some companies might think customers would feel that they weren't valued.  Obviously SOE has no such concerns.

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #2241
feldon30

Fansite Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,424
Default

This whole situation demonstrates that SOE has completely lost touch with the EQ2 community and hasn't the foggiest idea how to address us. Players, fan sites, we're all disconnected and wait for a press release to know what's going on.

Communicating with your customers is like a marraige. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it's a lot of work, but if you do it right, there are some glorious moments. And it sure beats the alternative.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #2242
Ciara52

Loremaster
Ciara52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California
Posts: 504
Default

[email protected] wrote:

We have a guild meeting on this soon, our options seem to be:-

1. Stay with the germans

2. Move to the usa

3 start another game

TBH moving to the US seems the better option even if we have to start with noobs again. It's not hard to get 90 and raid like we did before.

That's pretty much what we are doing.  Going to wait until Monday to see if there is an announcement.  I can't transfer everyone off because of cash flow in RL but I will take my best.  What really burns me is if there is no free transfer the toons I lose have mounts that can't be put in the bank so that's money down the drain. 

We are trying to coordinate how many house can we fill with our collective possessions to move SMILEY 

So far the vote is your number 2 and have already preordered GW2 

Ciara52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #2243
sojurn1

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 57
Default

 nvm but was going to compile red names replies but seems putting spaces in just wont load proper

will we have choice

company

server

no ip locks ?

and be given a bone with free x fers and chara slots given regardless of standard 7 on new server if we mov

sojurn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #2244
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster
CorpseGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,774
Default

Kasar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Yes.  According to Brasse's post, there are still talks going on.  And personally, I just don't see it being smart business practice to be answering questions and making promises when things seem to be in a state of flux.  

Perhaps "amateur" wasn't the correct word to use.  "Over-eager to please" might have been a better phrase.  I just don't think that any of the parties involved right now should be tipping their hands to anybody until everything is concrete.  I'm a completely cynical and sceptical person, so I immediately assume it's done to assuage player outrage, rather than because they actually have any concrete or positive information to share.

Sure, but if you don't communicate with your playerbase as a matter of daily conduct, some companies might think customers would feel that they weren't valued.  Obviously SOE has no such concerns.

I get that--I do.  And Feldon is absolutely right in his assessment as well.  That there above is just my personal opinion; I prefer silence until concrete information with something like this, as opposed to words that may or may not mean anything.  But in terms of SOE's track record of their Wall of Silence--heck no, that's about as unprofessional as you can get.

But hey!  At least they're consistent.  

__________________
CorpseGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #2245
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Wirewhisker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 582
Default

150 solid pages of disapproval. This has to be a new record.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #2246
dawy

Loremaster
dawy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,373
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Kasar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Yes.  According to Brasse's post, there are still talks going on.  And personally, I just don't see it being smart business practice to be answering questions and making promises when things seem to be in a state of flux.  

Perhaps "amateur" wasn't the correct word to use.  "Over-eager to please" might have been a better phrase.  I just don't think that any of the parties involved right now should be tipping their hands to anybody until everything is concrete.  I'm a completely cynical and sceptical person, so I immediately assume it's done to assuage player outrage, rather than because they actually have any concrete or positive information to share.

Sure, but if you don't communicate with your playerbase as a matter of daily conduct, some companies might think customers would feel that they weren't valued.  Obviously SOE has no such concerns.

I get that--I do.  And Feldon is absolutely right in his assessment as well.  That there above is just my personal opinion; I prefer silence until concrete information with something like this, as opposed to words that may or may not mean anything.  But in terms of SOE's track record of their Wall of Silence--heck no, that's about as unprofessional as you can get.

But hey!  At least they're consistent.  

I happen to agree with you,silence should have been the "company" line for Pro 7 (SOE could have given them tips on how to do this) over on the Alaplaya forums they're coming across like a love sick teenager trying to impress their suitor

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #2247
Chaotico
Server: Splitpaw

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 23
Default

sojurn1 wrote:

ok i found what the red names have said so far

...

ok i might have missed some thing

yes its called ENTER key...

Chaotico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #2248
Mentin

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 163
Default

One thing I would like pss1 to elaborate on:

Looking at their webpresence currently, it seems that pss1 is a company that lives off selling ingame stuff in 3rd rate f2p games, with minimum expenses since their first-line support seems to be made up of volunteers paid by free(for pss1) AP points.

This model does not suit EQ2, which is a very much more complex game and with a lot more persistent and demanding customer base. 1st line support by volunteer guides was tried in the first few years of eq1 and was eventually phased out because of too much issues with bad customer service/abuse of power. (Guides todays just run quests)

To provide proper support in eq2, pss1 will have to significantly increase their professional staff. Are they going to do this? And in any case, getting a large number of new staff up to speed will take long time, so even if pss1 do hire enough people to properly support eq2, the support will be of low quality the first year or so for lack of experience.

Mentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #2249
isest

Loremaster
isest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 653
Default

feldon30 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Personally, I'd take anything Alaplaya says with a grain of salt.  If anything, this doesn't show their "willingness to communicate", it shows what amateurs they are.

Wait, are we talking about Alaplaya?

Let me be quite clear on this so everybody can understand what is going on.  Alaplaya is posting things because they see the outrage, and the folks saying they are going to cancel their sub.  They don't want to buy empty servers, they want the player base.

It is a done deal, unless one side or the other backs out.

the one quote " wait don't abandon we got it worked out"  something like that from the German cm fellow is his polite way of asking folks to please not leave yet.

The folks over at ps1 know it is a storm over hear and I am sure they are going to say or do whatever to try and calm folks down since soe is not doing anything to alleviate fears other than sending the new messenger in with talk of were gathering data please bear with us.

All in all it reminds me of the stuff that went down when we got hacked last year.  I remember the facebook post were working on it,  not today and so forth.  We are at that point right now. 

Lets face it were not going to know anything until Monday, and quite possibly way late into next week. At the end of it all I expect soe to do what they normaly do, ingore the player base and move on with the deal.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #2250
sojurn1

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 57
Default

[email protected] wrote:

sojurn1 wrote:

ok i found what the red names have said so far

...

ok i might have missed some thing

yes its called ENTER key...

lol aye it did not cut and paste well epic fail just like this deal SMILEY

sojurn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:47 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.