EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #1771
percival33

Loremaster
percival33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 28
Default

Tallisman wrote:

I have sent an email to Kazuo Hirai. Whether he get's it or not - or even gives a hoot - is another matter.

I have emailed the Queen to have Sir Howard Stringer's Knighthood taken away.

percival33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #1772
Kasar

Loremaster
Kasar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 540
Default

Tallisman wrote:

I have sent an email to Kazuo Hirai. Whether he get's it or not - or even gives a hoot - is another matter.

It's the most reasonable thing though to try to get other eyes on what's going on.  Reputation isn't just important in online gaming, it's crucial in consumer electronics, and Sony's had a pretty rough go of it lately in that area.

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #1773
Anadorn

Loremaster
Anadorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 51
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Morgania434 wrote:

And you still have players with their heads in the sand that say "this is great! look at how great this is! This doesn't affect me at all" Truly amazing how truly stupid some people are.

I've read through *every single page* of this thread, and I have yet to see a post that says that.  Not. A. Single. One.

This is the only time in my history on these boards (check my join date) that I have ever seen the community completely united on an issue.

Please don't post erroneous and inflammory information into a situation that's already running at DEFCON-1.

Then you must have missed..

Freejazzlive wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

The punchline is, even if they realize the astounding error they made and are working to correct it, they would still be unlikely to be able to say anything other than that.

Precisely correct. Which is why I said that SOE was professionally irresponsible to sign that contract without having all of the details ready to explain to us, in one go, on the day of the initial announcement.

As a U.S. player on a U.S. server, this announcement does not affect me in the slightest. As an EQ2 player, however, I am very deeply concerned about what all of this says about SOE's competence. While I have often expressed this concern in the past, it was never as deeply felt as it is now.

They either never bothered to think about the uproar such a change would cause -- especially when they had so precious little information to convey -- or they simply didn't care, or, maybe they even somehow thought that the bulk of the EQ2 player community would resoundingly support this change. None of those possibilities makes me very confident in SOE management, going forward, nor do any of the other, less likely, scenarios I've mentally played out.

not flaming your post and your right everyone seems to be of one mind on this topic but there have been one or two opinions that this would not affect them.

Anadorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #1774
Katine
Server: Oasis

Loremaster
Katine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 148
Default

I'm strongly against this move, since I have many friends who are from other countries that I will dearly miss.  It will also pare down the population on many servers that are already seeing population declines.

After thinking about this for a few days, I can't help but to think that this goes beyond just money grabbing or SOE making another stupid mistake.

What IF this were related to the major hack last year?  I spent some time reading about it (since I wasn't playing then) and it seems like SOE got in some serious hot water with the US Justice Department, the FTC, the FBI, etc.  and resulted in numerous law suits from the US and other countries, changing the TOS for Playstation to say that a player will not enter into a class action suit against Playstation over this, etc.  

What IF the US Justice Department or the powers that be in government told SOE that they had to "guarantee" security and safety of their users?  HOWEVER, due to international laws on privacy, security, safety, etc., SOE could not guarantee security to players outside of the US?  What IF SOE could not change their TOS to accomodate players outside of the US?  

In other words, what IF this is all due to international laws, restrictions, privacy, TOS, and numerous other legal and regulatory issues that left SOE no choice but to try to cover their butts and separate the player base by country?

It's just a far-reaching thought, but it would explain why many posts are getting pulled when they touch the issue of legalities, and other sensitive subjects.  Discussing legal issues in detail is a big no-no by the corporate lawyers, particularly when there are outstanding lawsuits.

Another thought I had is what IF this is related to tax issues on the income SOE makes from international players?  Corporate tax rates have been rising.  Perhaps SOE is getting hammered or pressure from the US government that they have to pay additional tax on income earned from customers outside of the US or the accounting for foreign income with exchange rates, etc., has become too burdensome for SOE to continue to manage from a business/accounting standpoint.

I can't help but to think something of this magnitude goes far beyond Smedley's ego and decision making and came from the legal bigwigs or a higher power, even higher than SOE and Smedley.

All that being said, I'm NOT in favor and I'm NOT defending SOE, but sometimes knowing the real reason behind the actions may make the pain that much more bearable.

It would be nice if we could get some kind of "official" statement on the TRUE reason behind this move other than "we feel it's in the best interests of our players...blah blah blah, here's some smoke blown up your "you know where".....

__________________
Analia Meowmeowpurr

Singing Kitty of the Oasis Server

Troubador, Home Decorator, and Tradeskiller
Katine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #1775
Faytle

Lord
Faytle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Picture the scenario:

You have a car from a top-of-the-heap firm - big name - one you chose not for the flashy lights on the dashboard but because it looked solid and delivered what you wanted. Since you got the car you joined a car club. Every weekend you'd go for drives with other enthusiasts of the car and sit chatting in a pub to round off the day. You had made some pretty good friends that way.

Nothing is perfect in this world and ocassionally you had to get the car serviced or have minor repairs done by the authorized mechanic. Service was not always wonderful, but it was main dealership level. Then one day you get a mail telling you that the company has sold off the servicing rights of all the vehicles in your area.  'Bill's Backstreet Repairs' is locally renowned for their exquisite shuntjobs - and happen to be owned by a sub-division of a posh Thai restaurant chain that every one has heard of - everyone in Thailand. But you live in Manchester.

You are a fair minded individual and you think that maybe Bill is not the sort of bloke rumour has it he is. And hey, if the parent company is big in Thailand maybe that's a good sign too.

So you go down the road and find the place - a few battered 'pre-abused' autos in sight and a rather grimy workshop. You ask one of the lads who is sitting there with a cup of coffee, what experience he has had with your make of car. The worthy labourer shrugs and tells you he drove one a few times. Looking around you get the impression that they do not have even the most basic facilities for your car's needs.

"Oh yeah" the coffee drinker tells you, "we have known about this a while - we are going to have a special servicing area for your car. It'll be lots posher than this. Honest!"

Little reassured you ask if the complaints people make about the place are true - would they actually palm you off with cheap scrap recovered parts instead of the quality brand ones you are used to - and charge the same price?

"We have no plans to," he tells you, looking sincere."Trust us, we want to make this work!"

Hands up who would rather buy a different, perhaps not quite so perfect for your needs vehicle and miss out on those car club meetings you had enjoyed so much, rather than have to take any kind of service from 'Bill's Backstreet Repairs'?

Just because we have purchased a virtual product from a reputable seller does not make it OK to do precisely the same kind of sell out. The response it is receiving should surprise no one.

__________________
The above is my opinion. As such it may well be flawed and, if it is, I am very happy to learn how and why that is so. However, it is my opinion, so please treat it gently, kindly and with respect. Thank You.
Faytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #1776
Kenazeer

Loremaster
Kenazeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,178
Default

Anadorn wrote:

not flaming your post and your right everyone seems to be of one mind on this topic but there have been one or two opinions that this would not affect them.

Let's take out that one sentence, which she later explained meant DIRECTLY, and read the rest of her post.

Precisely correct. Which is why I said that SOE was professionally irresponsible to sign that contract without having all of the details ready to explain to us, in one go, on the day of the initial announcement.

As an EQ2 player, however, I am very deeply concerned about what all of this says about SOE's competence. While I have often expressed this concern in the past, it was never as deeply felt as it is now.

They either never bothered to think about the uproar such a change would cause -- especially when they had so precious little information to convey -- or they simply didn't care, or, maybe they even somehow thought that the bulk of the EQ2 player community would resoundingly support this change. None of those possibilities makes me very confident in SOE management, going forward, nor do any of the other, less likely, scenarios I've mentally played out.

So how in the world did you get she thought this was a good idea? Cherypicking out of context lines to emphasize for the win.

Fighting amongst ourselves at this point is just stupid.

__________________
Come play EQ2...we have SOEmote, Dungeon Finder, and Dungeon Maker.
Kenazeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #1777
Anadorn

Loremaster
Anadorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 51
Default

I never stated they thought it was a good idea just that they didn't think it would impact them as a player, and the Author never states whether they believe change is a good or bad idea.  Just that they're concerned about how they approached it.

Anadorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #1778
SOE-MOD-07

Community Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 109
Default

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50281...post_id=5722415 Trolling
SOE-MOD-07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #1779
millie

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 204
Default

For any US citizens out there thinking 'at least it does not effect us'. Think again, the practices and procedures adopted by ProSiebensat will be applied to you if they are percieved as cutting costs, the items added to the cash market by ProSiebensat will slowly be added to the US version, outsourcing will continue.  Quality will decline.

Protest now or die later.

millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #1780
Grystan

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 39
Default

I tried to join the sony comunity so I could add my coments to the link

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/m...e/745439#745439

However try to register an account, brought up this message "We're working on it" LOL

see nothing works at sony

or maybe it detected my chosen user name, angry_at_sony, and had an attack of the hicups

 I guess I really shouldn't be surprised at the SONY corp

My girlfriend and I walked passed the UK head office in london the day  'baby hanger' Jackson arrived to protest with his rabid fans about contract issues.

now its my turn to shout abuse and bare my buttocks at the office loby doors I guess ...

Grystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #1781
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster
Uwkete-of-Crushbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 145
Default

Kasar wrote:

Tallisman wrote:

I have sent an email to Kazuo Hirai. Whether he get's it or not - or even gives a hoot - is another matter.

It's the most reasonable thing though to try to get other eyes on what's going on.  Reputation isn't just important in online gaming, it's crucial in consumer electronics, and Sony's had a pretty rough go of it lately in that area.

Seriously??  You got Kazuo Hirai's email?  How?  Is it on SONY's site's "Contact Us!" page?  If so, then this might be one way of getting through to them... ;->

Uwk

keeping his clawed fingers crossed

__________________
Giant berserker kitties need luv too! ~
Uwkete-of-Crushbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #1782
SOE-MOD-07

Community Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 109
Default

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50281...post_id=5722422 Trolling
SOE-MOD-07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #1783
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster
Uwkete-of-Crushbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 145
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I'm strongly against this move, since I have many friends who are from other countries that I will dearly miss.  It will also pare down the population on many servers that are already seeing population declines.

After thinking about this for a few days, I can't help but to think that this goes beyond just money grabbing or SOE making another stupid mistake.

What IF this were related to the major hack last year?  I spent some time reading about it (since I wasn't playing then) and it seems like SOE got in some serious hot water with the US Justice Department, the FTC, the FBI, etc.  and resulted in numerous law suits from the US and other countries, changing the TOS for Playstation to say that a player will not enter into a class action suit against Playstation over this, etc.  

What IF the US Justice Department or the powers that be in government told SOE that they had to "guarantee" security and safety of their users?  HOWEVER, due to international laws on privacy, security, safety, etc., SOE could not guarantee security to players outside of the US?  What IF SOE could not change their TOS to accomodate players outside of the US?  

In other words, what IF this is all due to international laws, restrictions, privacy, TOS, and numerous other legal and regulatory issues that left SOE no choice but to try to cover their butts and separate the player base by country?

It's just a far-reaching thought, but it would explain why many posts are getting pulled when they touch the issue of legalities, and other sensitive subjects.  Discussing legal issues in detail is a big no-no by the corporate lawyers, particularly when there are outstanding lawsuits.

Another thought I had is what IF this is related to tax issues on the income SOE makes from international players?  Corporate tax rates have been rising.  Perhaps SOE is getting hammered or pressure from the US government that they have to pay additional tax on income earned from customers outside of the US or the accounting for foreign income with exchange rates, etc., has become too burdensome for SOE to continue to manage from a business/accounting standpoint.

I can't help but to think something of this magnitude goes far beyond Smedley's ego and decision making and came from the legal bigwigs or a higher power, even higher than SOE and Smedley.

All that being said, I'm NOT in favor and I'm NOT defending SOE, but sometimes knowing the real reason behind the actions may make the pain that much more bearable.

It would be nice if we could get some kind of "official" statement on the TRUE reason behind this move other than "we feel it's in the best interests of our players...blah blah blah, here's some smoke blown up your "you know where".....

That's a very interesting argument, actually, and would explain a lot.  This does feel like it was done delibrately...either that, or for some strange reason, the president at SONY doesn't have line-item veto power either. :-/

Uwk

__________________
Giant berserker kitties need luv too! ~
Uwkete-of-Crushbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #1784
SOE-MOD-07

Community Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 109
Default

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50281...post_id=5722424 Trolling
SOE-MOD-07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #1785
Freejazzlive

Loremaster
Freejazzlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Posts: 704
Default

Anadorn wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Morgania434 wrote:

And you still have players with their heads in the sand that say "this is great! look at how great this is! This doesn't affect me at all" Truly amazing how truly stupid some people are.

I've read through *every single page* of this thread, and I have yet to see a post that says that.  Not. A. Single. One.

This is the only time in my history on these boards (check my join date) that I have ever seen the community completely united on an issue.

Please don't post erroneous and inflammory information into a situation that's already running at DEFCON-1.

Then you must have missed..

Freejazzlive wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

The punchline is, even if they realize the astounding error they made and are working to correct it, they would still be unlikely to be able to say anything other than that.

Precisely correct. Which is why I said that SOE was professionally irresponsible to sign that contract without having all of the details ready to explain to us, in one go, on the day of the initial announcement.

As a U.S. player on a U.S. server, this announcement does not affect me in the slightest. As an EQ2 player, however, I am very deeply concerned about what all of this says about SOE's competence. While I have often expressed this concern in the past, it was never as deeply felt as it is now.

They either never bothered to think about the uproar such a change would cause -- especially when they had so precious little information to convey -- or they simply didn't care, or, maybe they even somehow thought that the bulk of the EQ2 player community would resoundingly support this change. None of those possibilities makes me very confident in SOE management, going forward, nor do any of the other, less likely, scenarios I've mentally played out.

not flaming your post and your right everyone seems to be of one mind on this topic but there have been one or two opinions that this would not affect them.

Please don't mis-characterize my post: I said it doesn't affect me, & it doesn't, but I have never said -- in any context -- "this is great, look how great this is!" or anything else in support of this dreadful botchup.

I have not seen a single person -- not ONE -- who has said anything remotely similar to what Morgania posted, & I certainly did no such thing.

Despite the fact that it doesn't affect me, I'm boycotting EQ2 completely until I hear that the region locking is eliminated from the deal.

__________________
Talechaser Tuckpaw, Troubadour of Freeport

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #1786
Kenazeer

Loremaster
Kenazeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,178
Default

I would probably choose is

__________________
Come play EQ2...we have SOEmote, Dungeon Finder, and Dungeon Maker.
Kenazeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #1787
SOE-MOD-07

Community Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 109
Default

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50281...post_id=5722427 Trolling
SOE-MOD-07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #1788
Kenazeer

Loremaster
Kenazeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,178
Default

Freejazzlive wrote:

Anadorn wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Morgania434 wrote:

And you still have players with their heads in the sand that say "this is great! look at how great this is! This doesn't affect me at all" Truly amazing how truly stupid some people are.

I've read through *every single page* of this thread, and I have yet to see a post that says that.  Not. A. Single. One.

This is the only time in my history on these boards (check my join date) that I have ever seen the community completely united on an issue.

Please don't post erroneous and inflammory information into a situation that's already running at DEFCON-1.

Then you must have missed..

Freejazzlive wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

The punchline is, even if they realize the astounding error they made and are working to correct it, they would still be unlikely to be able to say anything other than that.

Precisely correct. Which is why I said that SOE was professionally irresponsible to sign that contract without having all of the details ready to explain to us, in one go, on the day of the initial announcement.

As a U.S. player on a U.S. server, this announcement does not affect me in the slightest. As an EQ2 player, however, I am very deeply concerned about what all of this says about SOE's competence. While I have often expressed this concern in the past, it was never as deeply felt as it is now.

They either never bothered to think about the uproar such a change would cause -- especially when they had so precious little information to convey -- or they simply didn't care, or, maybe they even somehow thought that the bulk of the EQ2 player community would resoundingly support this change. None of those possibilities makes me very confident in SOE management, going forward, nor do any of the other, less likely, scenarios I've mentally played out.

not flaming your post and your right everyone seems to be of one mind on this topic but there have been one or two opinions that this would not affect them.

Please don't mis-characterize my post: I said it doesn't affect me, & it doesn't, but I have never said -- in any context -- "this is great, look how great this is!" or anything else in support of this dreadful botchup.

I have not seen a single person -- not ONE -- who has said anything remotely similar to what Morgania posted, & I certainly did no such thing.

Despite the fact that it doesn't affect me, I'm boycotting EQ2 completely until I hear that the region locking is eliminated from the deal.

Morgania was refering to a post from another player that was subsequently deleted, along with the replies, from the 2X SC thread.

__________________
Come play EQ2...we have SOEmote, Dungeon Finder, and Dungeon Maker.
Kenazeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #1789
Grystan

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 39
Default

Uwkete-of-Crushbone wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm strongly against this move, since I have many friends who are from other countries that I will dearly miss.  It will also pare down the population on many servers that are already seeing population declines.

After thinking about this for a few days, I can't help but to think that this goes beyond just money grabbing or SOE making another stupid mistake.

What IF this were related to the major hack last year?  I spent some time reading about it (since I wasn't playing then) and it seems like SOE got in some serious hot water with the US Justice Department, the FTC, the FBI, etc.  and resulted in numerous law suits from the US and other countries, changing the TOS for Playstation to say that a player will not enter into a class action suit against Playstation over this, etc.  

What IF the US Justice Department or the powers that be in government told SOE that they had to "guarantee" security and safety of their users?  HOWEVER, due to international laws on privacy, security, safety, etc., SOE could not guarantee security to players outside of the US?  What IF SOE could not change their TOS to accomodate players outside of the US?  

In other words, what IF this is all due to international laws, restrictions, privacy, TOS, and numerous other legal and regulatory issues that left SOE no choice but to try to cover their butts and separate the player base by country?

It's just a far-reaching thought, but it would explain why many posts are getting pulled when they touch the issue of legalities, and other sensitive subjects.  Discussing legal issues in detail is a big no-no by the corporate lawyers, particularly when there are outstanding lawsuits.

Another thought I had is what IF this is related to tax issues on the income SOE makes from international players?  Corporate tax rates have been rising.  Perhaps SOE is getting hammered or pressure from the US government that they have to pay additional tax on income earned from customers outside of the US or the accounting for foreign income with exchange rates, etc., has become too burdensome for SOE to continue to manage from a business/accounting standpoint.

I can't help but to think something of this magnitude goes far beyond Smedley's ego and decision making and came from the legal bigwigs or a higher power, even higher than SOE and Smedley.

All that being said, I'm NOT in favor and I'm NOT defending SOE, but sometimes knowing the real reason behind the actions may make the pain that much more bearable.

It would be nice if we could get some kind of "official" statement on the TRUE reason behind this move other than "we feel it's in the best interests of our players...blah blah blah, here's some smoke blown up your "you know where".....

That's a very interesting argument, actually, and would explain a lot.  This does feel like it was done delibrately...either that, or for some strange reason, the president at SONY doesn't have line-item veto power either. :-/

Uwk

It is food for thought but why not actually admit this is the real reason...an hmm did they really put that into the playstation eula I missed that..time to throw the PS3 out the window then...

Grystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #1790
Iuwene

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 16
Default

Tallisman wrote:

Personally I was in EQ1 beta, although I didnt start paying to play till about Kunark. About 12 years I think all in. Really enjoyed my time in Norrath and I shall miss it terribly. 

Goodbye Norrath

An oldy but goody from EQ1 but now relevant to EQ2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_b9n76F5KQ

Funny enough, that video is IP locked by itself in Germany. I had to use an UK proxy to view it.

Iuwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #1791
SOE-MOD-07

Community Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 109
Default

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50281...post_id=5722431 Trolling
SOE-MOD-07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #1792
Nolrog

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 487
Default

[email protected] wrote:

i just want to say to soe 

Exactly how did that add to the discussion in any way, shape or form.  I can see people being upset, but dude, get a grip.

Nolrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #1793
Freejazzlive

Loremaster
Freejazzlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Posts: 704
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I'm strongly against this move, since I have many friends who are from other countries that I will dearly miss.  It will also pare down the population on many servers that are already seeing population declines.

One of the best posts in the thread, & yes ... those issues would certainly explain a lot.

SMILEY

__________________
Talechaser Tuckpaw, Troubadour of Freeport

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #1794
Freejazzlive

Loremaster
Freejazzlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Posts: 704
Default

Kenazeer wrote:

Morgania was refering to a post from another player that was subsequently deleted, along with the replies, from the 2X SC thread.

Awesome, thank you SMILEY

__________________
Talechaser Tuckpaw, Troubadour of Freeport

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #1795
Gage

Lord
Gage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5
Default

wowsoe has upset the hole player base 

well done soe big pat on the back 

__________________
Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #1796
Karrane1

Tester
Karrane1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,055
Default

Last summer I was 'shiny' harvesting in the Nursery in GF.  The shinies are Lore so I looked around for a noobie to give the extras to.

I sent this guy a /tell and it took almost 10 minutes to get an answer.

Come to find out, he is Chinese and spoke almost no English.  He was trying to teach it to himself so started playing on a US server.

We became fast friends.. even though he is in his early 20's and I am... well, I am a grandmother. =)

For months I helped him understand our sometimes silly language.  And he taught me some Chinese that I have been able to teach  my granddaughter.

Its the opportunity to meet ppl like him that I will miss alot. It is /was such a huge part of what makes EQII special for me.

Please Please Please SOE.. dont let this go any further. 8(

__________________
Karrane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #1797
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster
CorpseGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,774
Default

Anadorn wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Morgania434 wrote:

And you still have players with their heads in the sand that say "this is great! look at how great this is! This doesn't affect me at all" Truly amazing how truly stupid some people are.

I've read through *every single page* of this thread, and I have yet to see a post that says that.  Not. A. Single. One.

This is the only time in my history on these boards (check my join date) that I have ever seen the community completely united on an issue.

Please don't post erroneous and inflammory information into a situation that's already running at DEFCON-1.

Then you must have missed..

Freejazzlive wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

The punchline is, even if they realize the astounding error they made and are working to correct it, they would still be unlikely to be able to say anything other than that.

Precisely correct. Which is why I said that SOE was professionally irresponsible to sign that contract without having all of the details ready to explain to us, in one go, on the day of the initial announcement.

As a U.S. player on a U.S. server, this announcement does not affect me in the slightest. As an EQ2 player, however, I am very deeply concerned about what all of this says about SOE's competence. While I have often expressed this concern in the past, it was never as deeply felt as it is now.

They either never bothered to think about the uproar such a change would cause -- especially when they had so precious little information to convey -- or they simply didn't care, or, maybe they even somehow thought that the bulk of the EQ2 player community would resoundingly support this change. None of those possibilities makes me very confident in SOE management, going forward, nor do any of the other, less likely, scenarios I've mentally played out.

not flaming your post and your right everyone seems to be of one mind on this topic but there have been one or two opinions that this would not affect them.

I understand you're not flaming me--absolutely.  And yes, I have seen where people said it wouldn't affect them directly; heck, it doesn't affect me directly.  But the poster then goes on to say what everyone else--myself included--has said.  That this is absolutely the wrong decision for SOE to make.

And that's what The Powers That Be need to stand up and take notice around--that in this thread--well over 100 pages now--people that are directly and indirectly affected are standing together, shoulder to shoulder, and shouting down this decision as one community.

__________________
CorpseGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #1798
SOE-MOD-07

Community Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 109
Default

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50281...post_id=5722451 Trolling
SOE-MOD-07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #1799
Warcob

Loremaster
Warcob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 28
Default

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Yeah, SOE announce this, watch us get angry, then 'negotiate' the deal down until we are happier and think we scored a win.  Its certainly plausible.  Johnny Depp did it to Disney by making all his teeth gold for Jack Sparrow and then 'conceding' to just a couple when Disney originally wanted none. 

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised.  Nothing surprises me about SOE any more. I'm too jaded and weary.

you think? no this time they fed us real up

Nothing is negotiateable.

Leave deal or loose loads of players!!

Warcob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #1800
quiarrah

Loremaster
quiarrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 371
Default

 

I have seen alot in general chat and seen it on the forums about making Euro servers Euro ONLY and US servers US only. . . .That will separate ALOT of guilds and friends if that happens.
What is the point of having a Massively Multi-player ......Role playing game that encampasses the entire world if we are not allowed to PLAY with the entire world? That would send us to your competetitor . . .WoW . . and I really do not like that game as much as I like EQ. I have been with you guys for 14 years (starting with EQ1) and have always played on a Euro server because that is where my guild is. Force me to leave my guild and you will have a very unhappy customer. . .I have been faithful to you up until now but if this happens. . .I will not be responsible for what I do. If you are truely listening. . . You WILL NOT divide the servers like that. You will loose alot of player base. .and you may not be able to recover from that.
I am already signed up for the GW2 Beta. . .wonder how many EQ players I will see there???
** Incoming Nasty Letter to SONY the Conglomerate who allows a bunch of
     pencil pushers to make decisions for them **

__________________
quiarrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.