EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #1561
The-Plethora

Loremaster

Judging by the 100% negative feedback the best thing to do would be to give an official response then lock the thread for a few days so people can see it and then open it back up again.

As a UK player I am very glad I only play on Antonia Bayle, the community split is a big thing but what would concern me more if I played on splitpaw which has been skimmed over really is what they plan to do when they expand the cash shop with items with a more play to win concept attached to them than those on US servers.

It's a big step away from no RMT period.

The-Plethora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #1562
vexrm

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Interesting

I created a new char on Everfrost last night and when I go to access it I get the message that the server is not available. Is it genuinely down, or is the block in place already since as previously stated I'm a Brit and my chars are all on Splitpaw.

Poor show SOE

I'm pretty sure an update is currently happening. There was one scheduled for this morning.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #1563
lesbear

Loremaster

Well we deciced to go ahead and cancel our 3 vet accounts untill we see how this plays out. If you cancel your aggerment with PSS1 we will come back but that is the only way also we have been getting people to come try the game out since it went F2P some have stayed and bought exspantions and gold accounts. We wont be promoting the game either untill we hear the out come of this. DISCRIMINATION, RACISM, & SEGREGATION fuled by greed will not be tolerated.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #1564
Phiyah
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Freejazzlive wrote:

Rijacki wrote:

Just because an update doesn't say what you want it to say

If you're referring to Brasse's post, it effectively says nothing at all.

Exactly. Thank you.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #1565
Warcob

Loremaster

Re: SOE / ProSiebenSat1 Games partnership FAQ

by Protagonist » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:55 pm

Helraiser1 wrote:
Protagonist wrote:New players: We will discuss what is possibleRegarding the topic having everything ready already: That is just impossible. We will start game by game and it will take a certain time. The deal was announced in January (we are a stock exchange company and have to announce things at a certain time) and since then we are working on the stuff we need to work on.BTW: I would not say that our korean games are low quality but I understand that the taste is different. They have different target groups etc. That´s why all SOE games gets their own destination.We have enough long time EQ players to understand your worries. As long as it stays constructive we are listening carefully and yes we read the SOE forums and other fanpages a lot to get an understanding of the critics.Can you trust us? That is something we just can build up over time. Give us the time and we will build it up together. We want to go that road with the community.
You have made the right start by at least attempting to reply to our queries. However, unless you can come to some sort of arrangement to allow players to have toons on US and EU servers then I seriously doubt too many of us will be continuing. I have chatted with quite a few of our guild members and they are unlikely to play EQ2 in the absence of this as most of us have toons on many different servers.Your second problem is that a number of players are questioning your ability to handle our accounts safely. We have already been burned with the SOE debacle and, at least there, we had the potential backing of a huge multinational. Most of us know very little about allaplaya and examples have been posted of players names being published and suggetsions that 16 year old kids and hackers will have access to our info.Your third problem is your crap looking forums. Honestly thought I was logging on to one of my daughters childrens BBC websites. Seriously, get that sorted otherwise we will be the laughing stock.There are plenty more issues, but if you can make a start on the above you will earn some trust and potentially the space for us all to move forward.
ProSiebenSat1 Media our mother company makes more than 3 billion Euro revenue a year. We are on of the biggest Media companies in Europe. We are not that small either.Forum: Understandable and as said new target group new forums. So all SOE games get a forum in the specific look.Security: I.E. we do NOT store any payment informations in our DBs.
But Mafia earn loads of money as well. They shoot peeps get their goal!!!
Neva gonna pay you a cent P7S1!!!
Warcob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #1566
WeatherMan

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I can imagine once the transition takes effect my characters on the NA servers are safe, for now. 

My question is: What happens to my characters on Splitpaw when I refuse to sign up to Alalplaya?

Good question.

Also:

As a U.S. player, what happens to my Splitpaw toons once the deal goes through?  I can't access them, yeah, I understand that, but do they just sit in limbo for the rest of whatever, or do they all get wiped clean because they're 'inactive'?

Not that I expect an official answer, mind you.

- Charles De Gaulle
WeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #1567
Nynaeve

Loremaster

obsolete

Nynaeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #1568
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

shaard wrote:

As an aside, is this even legal? As I read it, SOEs privacy agreement only allows them to transfer details in relation to your account NOT the transfer of that account to a third party which is what this deal sounds like. Personally I REALLY object to my details being provided to ProSieben and would like to block such a transfer.

http://www.soe.com/sonyonline/priva...vm?locale=en_US

They won't be able to transfer you details legally, whatever some people are speculating. Thats why they are saying that YOU will have to create an Alaplaya account and then request SOE yourself to transfer the contents of your SOE account to your new Alaplaya one. That way they get around all problems as YOU have to request the move.

Sadly standard practice. I speak from knowing a bit thanks to a hubby who used to work at another MMO company.

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #1569
isest

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

by Protagonist » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Call me a dreamer but I am still very confident that EQ2 will see never seen EU population in a positve way. We believe in the game and nothing changed about that. We did know that EQ2 community is special but we will work it out.

I see with all this negative comments one very positive aspect. You are dedicated to the game like no one else. Why? As the game delivers something what you like. That is the basis for everything.

EQ2 never seen marketing in Europe and I am sure that more than enough people in the EU will be surprised what EQ2 has to offer. They just need to know it.

So we will discuss solutions with SOE about your feedback and than let us work together to make the game better and bigger and as well we will work hard to gain your trust.

from the alapaya website

They really did not expect this much of a negative response from the player base, and they basically admitted that there never going to get a good response from the current player base. What I read is we love that you love our game and when we advertise it we are going to have so many new players.   Is that how I read that because the guys English was so butchered it was hard to realy understand what he meant. I think they still dont get it, folks want nothing to do with ps1.

isest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #1570
Tasi3989

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Call me a dreamer but I am still very confident that EQ2 will see never seen EU population in a positve way. We believe in the game and nothing changed about that. We did know that EQ2 community is special but we will work it out.

I see with all this negative comments one very positive aspect. You are dedicated to the game like no one else. Why? As the game delivers something what you like. That is the basis for everything.

EQ2 never seen marketing in Europe and I am sure that more than enough people in the EU will be surprised what EQ2 has to offer. They just need to know it.

So we will discuss solutions with SOE about your feedback and than let us work together to make the game better and bigger and as well we will work hard to gain your trust.

from the alapaya website

There is one huge flaw in the final sentence of this paragraph...The part where it says trust. We all thought we had that with the ORIGINAL developers of this game and look what they have done to its community and loyal subscribers, why should we have to do it with this bunch of fools.

Tasi3989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #1571
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

WeatherMan wrote:

As a U.S. player, what happens to my Splitpaw toons once the deal goes through?  I can't access them, yeah, I understand that, but do they just sit in limbo for the rest of whatever, or do they all get wiped clean because they're 'inactive'?

I'm inferring, from the policies stated so far, that after 90 days of inactivity they'll be deleted.

But I'm not entirely sure about that, because after 105 pages, & after reading the FAQ multiple times, I'm still not entirely clear on the relationship between ProSieben & Alaplaya, & which of them will do what.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #1572
Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Loremaster

RadarX wrote:

We continue to follow everyone's feedback in this thread.  We are going to ask that first everyone please stay on topic.  Discussion of employees really doesn't fit in that category.  Second we also are going to have to start removing posts with nothing more than +1.  This does not fit within our forum guidelines. 

The sheer volume of this thread of course speaks to the size of your response but at this point all off topic posts are accomplishing is burying constructive feedback players are trying to bring forward.  If you've made your voice heard, please allow others to do so as well.    Thanks in advance.

Here goes...my question is: if this isn't a "locked in stone" deal yet, is there any way I can now transfer my existing characters, with their houses, gear, etc., from Splitpaw to a US server?  I'm in the US, and have made friends with my guildmates in the UK, but if this is the only way to stay with one company (SOE), that's what I'll have to do.

I'd like to know if a) this is possible and b) if it's to be paid or a free one-shot-only deal (which I wouldn't mind, so long as I could move everyone) or free always, before I try making another character on Splitpaw.  If it's to be paid, I might have to make some decisions as to which characters I keep and which get deleted.  Fortunately, they're all pretty much "youngsters".

Uwk

P.S. I'd take even a PM on this in reply, though I'm sure lots of other US-based players on EU servers have similar questions and would like to know stuff like this (any chance of that being posted officially?  I think that's the main issue folks are having, the regionality); I must admit I was scared off trying to read through 100+ pages to find out. :-/

Old 02-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #1573
Dicemoon

Loremaster

For the life of me I can not understand why SOE would want to progress down this road. Many of us have played since launch of EQ1 and in all that time I can't think of a single issue that has had such a resounding response as this. My US based server does have European players within our guild. It makes me very disappointed to know that my friends of many years may not be a part of my online life now. Please SOE, reconsider this very unpopular decision.
Dicemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #1574
Yimway

Loremaster

Seriously, not one eq2 player has a single good thing to say about PSS.1?

SoE, maybe you should use your polls feature better SMILEY

Old 02-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #1575
urgl

Loremaster

what if i promise to leave europe within the next year?

May i then please please please get ALL my european server based chars of all SOE games moved to an US server?

Ping will be worse, leaving splitpaw will be bad, but at least i can continue playing the games as i did for the last years and what i payed SOE all access for.

urgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #1576
Warcob

Loremaster

P7S1 forum mod at least try answer, how ever unreasonable it is. At this forum we only se a North Korean sensur tactics.

I not deffense this act at all but i think its up to leadershipe both SoE, even new Sony Boss in Japan, and P7S1 guys see this deal not gonna benefit at all.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #1577
LaeliaJS

Loremaster

Dear SOE,I'm going to be harsh, because harsh is what's needed.You need to fix this situation *NOW*.  You CANNOT wait for "negotiation" with Alaplaya/PSS1.  You cannot fix this during your 9 to 5 workday with an hour lunch break and your conference calls to Europe scheduled for next week.  This cannot wait until after a vacation to Japan.  Your situation cannot wait for second and third word and okays from the lawyers.  Whatever layers of approval this needs, skip it.  Whatever contract mongering you have, stop it.  Whatever presentations and meetings you want to hold, this is far more important.  You have, more literally than ever before, only this one chance to SAVE THE WORLD.It's been far too long now without any real response.  You need to start posting NOW, with a real update, telling Splitpaw that they are NOT going to be split.  One post telling people to be patient and that you're listening is NOT enough.  You simply cannot wait any longer.  Guilds are disbanding, communities are in tears, people are canceling in disgust, never to return.  It is truly Age's End as prophecied.  There will be nothing left except blackness.And this isn't like the typical "saving the world" quest where you can dally as long as you like, then the world cracking starts only after you step through the north gate of town.  It's already happening.  It may be too late already.  People are canceling their accounts in droves, as can be seen in this thread's 1000+ pages.  And it's a situation you caused yourself, with no one else to blame.  You are the ones who set fire to the community in general and to the Splitpaw server in particular, and you need to put it out before it burns down.Every player in this game is an absolutely critical piece of the community.  And every player who leaves this game leaves it a little emptier.  When people leave en masse because, there becomes less and less reason to stay.  No one wants to play in a ghost town MMO.  Every *hour* you ignore this situation, it gets worse and worse.  Remember, without players, an MMO is nothing but a bunch of data sitting on a drive somewhere.Post a *real* response to this.  Undo the damage you have caused.Let us know that the world is worth saving to you.Talk to us.

LaeliaJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #1578
urgl

Loremaster

I am playing online MMORPGs since 1999. i love the internationality. i play on an english server although i could go to a native one.

Crap to be forced to some small local limited access crap.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #1579
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

SoE, maybe you should use your polls feature better

I can't help thinking that all of this would have gone over a LOT better if players had been given time to discuss this BEFORE the contracts were signed, so that SOE could have gotten all that feedback BEFORE inking anything. That way, all of this angst over regional locking could have been avoided, because SOE would have been fully armed with the knowledge that it was deeply unpopular enough as to be a non-starter for contract discussion.

Had SOE done so, it likely would have far fewer angry customers, & a lot less "re-negotiating" to do. Of course, a properly competent MARKETING DEPARTMENT -- which SOE, sadly, seems to lack -- would have known all this.

So, perhaps now people have a better idea of why I've been slagging SOE, for years now, over its non-existent marketing. It's not just about advertisement -- it's also about finding out what your targetted market actually wants. SOE has never done this well, & this ProSieben/Alaplaya fiasco is simply more evidence of their marketing incompetence.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #1580
urgl

Loremaster

Pro7Sat1 is German(?) TV company, which just recently started advertising for some web browser based online games for kiddies.

I guess they want to make some experience with a 'real' online game. But who knows what happens after they tasted this a little bit.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #1581
Dune2

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

SoE, maybe you should use your polls feature better

... i laughed

Dune2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #1582
wuzza

Loremaster

Tasi3989 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

from the alapaya website

There is one huge flaw in the final sentence of this paragraph...The part where it says trust. We all thought we had that with the ORIGINAL developers of this game and look what they have done to its community and loyal subscribers, why should we have to do it with this bunch of fools.

Nope, completely wrong, it's the "and than let us work together to make the game better and bigger " that is wrong, as there will be none of us left to work with

wuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #1583
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

LaeliaJS wrote:

You CANNOT wait for "negotiation" with Alaplaya/PSS1. 

They have to, because the contracts have been signed. That's why they can't simply tell us what they're "going to do," or even what they're "trying to do," because they don't have that information. In that context, I agree with Rijaki's post that while SOE hasn't told us what we want to hear, they have at least responded.

However, this issue simply dove-tails right back to what I've been saying all along: all of this could have been avoided, had SOE done proper market research to begin with. They didn't, & that's why they're scrambling to fix an issue that never should have even occurred.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #1584
Dune2

Lord

I dont understand why we expect things to change?

This is SOE SOP, they do something despicable, put on their tinfoil hats and then just wait for the rage to go away and then deem it a success...

I hate saying it, but there is only 1 way to actually make them FEEL that this was a bad solution, and that is to show them. All my accounts are now cancelled - well cancelling the last one later - because the only way to show them is to put my money where my mouth is (or rather, withhold my money).

8 year vet, eq2 was always my goto game... now im done.

Good thing 2012 looks to be an interesting MMO year with the titles coming out SMILEY

Dune2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #1585
Warcob

Loremaster

by ovardon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Protagonist wrote:I see with all this negative comments one very positive aspect. You are dedicated to the game like no one else. Why? As the game delivers something what you like. That is the basis for everyting.

And get your sniffy nose some elsewhere. Dont need your oppinion Protagonist

Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #1586
Ratzle

Guardian

The only thing i would like to see happen now, is EQ2 being removed from the list of games effected by the ProSieben partnership. The game has been going too long to mess players around this way.

These kind of changes may be ok for new games and i have been wanting Sony to advertise their games over here in Europe for a long time. However forcing existing players who have paid for and expect a certain way of play for many years is not acceptable.

I have many of the same questions as i have seen written in this thread and i hope SOE can come up with a more positive way forward for us very soon before more people leave because of the usual lack of information being filtered through.

Ratzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #1587
Aslita
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Fate

Loremaster

It does say something when SOE cannot bothered to talk to us, yet the people at Alaplaya took the time to have an IRC chat.

Aslita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #1588
Itsey
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Advocatus Diaboli

Loremaster

I cancelled my subscription and deleted my payment information today. As a long-time EQ2 player, I am sad to finally have to cut my ties with SOE, because I've had fun in Everquest 2 and made friends here, but that's the point isn't it? If we can't play with our friends here, then what are we doing here? So cancelling my subscription is the best kind of feedback I can provide to SOE.

My only other feedback is that the questionnaire that pops up when you cancel your account doesn't have any box that you can type in your reason for quitting instead of the standard check the box reasons, which don't really apply to why I quit. If there was a fill-in-the-box area, I would write, "because I disagree with the direction the game is going in, especially region locking."

Old 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #1589
Ruut Li

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Ruut Li wrote:

But now you know folks: Just call CS and you will get answers about this deal.

Haha, so I said I wasn't reading this thread and you're going to try and slander me? GG. The current answer they have for you is in the FAQ. If it isn't the answer you are looking for, sorry, that's all your going to get for now.

Im not trying to slander you, im forwarding your help, as u put it. I have advised you to post your solutions in this thread. Personally though I think you arent just trying to help, since you keep ignoring the principle of demanding real time communication. So you think we should be quiet because there is a faq? "sorry, that's all your going to get for now" as you put it. You think this entire thread is out of order?

By the way you are doing a great job slandering yourself when you say:" I'm pointing out the obvious. Tired of people who don't have the common sense to pick up a phone if they demand an answer immediately. This person is posting in RED CAPS LOCK zomg the sky is falling. If they are this upset about it, pick up a freaking phone"

Further: Thank you Rhyashaa and Cold metal for having my thread at Account related Support closed down.

Apparantly the community is not 100% united on this matter. The few that think we overreact are lurking in the smaller sections of the forum.

Ruut Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #1590
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

by ovardon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Protagonist wrote:I see with all this negative comments one very positive aspect. You are dedicated to the game like no one else. Why? As the game delivers something what you like. That is the basis for everyting.

Protagonist, one of the things this game delivers that we like is the feeling of community from being able to meet & play with people from all over the world.

Simply put, this regional locking scheme you people have dreamed up will kill that very important aspect. If you people actually, truly care, then the "re-negoiations" with SOE will be short, quick, & simple: no region-locking will occur at all.

After that is resolved, then you can move to assuaging the other concerns from European players, regarding account security, privacy, & what (if anything) you guys plan to do with/to EQ2. Because, while the regional locking is currently the most publicly outstanding issue, it's not the biggest issue by far.