EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

I'm going to kick this dead horse another time.

Could we perhaps simply get them added to the world globes as optional adventuring areas accessible from the existing starting towns?  I'm not suggesting we actually start there, but treat them as a lowbie adventuring zone like Oakmyst Forest or Sunken City.  Please?

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Crothos
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I'm going to kick this dead horse another time.

Could we perhaps simply get them added to the world globes as optional adventuring areas accessible from the existing starting towns?  I'm not suggesting we actually start there, but treat them as a lowbie adventuring zone like Oakmyst Forest or Sunken City.  Please?

Does it make sense as a meeting place for the Qeynos-Freeport alliance? Maybe fighting invaders from the sea? Maybe a Far Seas Trading Co. post? Compared to more recent areas, it does need a bit of work (it might be too much of a hassle). I'd rather see something new (as cool as it would be).

Old 06-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Kasar

Loremaster

ProteinPlus3 wrote:

Does it make sense as a meeting place for the Qeynos-Freeport alliance? Maybe fighting invaders from the sea? Maybe a Far Seas Trading Co. post? Compared to more recent areas, it does need a bit of work (it might be too much of a hassle). I'd rather see something new (as cool as it would be).

The problem I see with that is that it's been done with each expansion, even Shin is something like that.

They could make it a delapidated form of it's original self, as it would be as the story has progressed.  In it's first incarnation, it was just some goblins being directed by an orc in the cave, then it got some undead and mages... where does it go from there?

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

I'd be happy if they just linked them from the globe, no extra work required.  Easy peasy.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Arielle Nightshade

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I'd be happy if they just linked them from the globe, no extra work required.  Easy peasy.

Agreed.   I miss them!

Arielle Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Same here. Or create some kind of Tour Operator that would allow to visit both isles and the old version of the Freeport and Qeynos suburbs.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Elebu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Ancient Prophecy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Same here. Or create some kind of Tour Operator that would allow to visit both isles and the old version of the Freeport and Qeynos suburbs.

*sickly feeling ensues...*

I've been gone for 2 years.  What do you mean by 'old version of the Freeport and Qeynos suburbs'? SMILEY

Elebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
Whilhelmina

Tester

Freeport city was revamped in December. The city was painted with less faded colours, whole questlines were added (heavy with lore). That's the nice part (well, not for everybody, but I'm one of those who loved the change).

The bad part was that some old questlines were removed.

The worse part is that the suburbs (longshadow alley, stonestair byway and so on) were made into quest instances: you can enter the suburbs ONLY while you're on a quest asking you to enter the suburbs. The inns were all moved to a door in Jade Tiger inn. The suburbs, while on quests, are not the same at all. In big bend, you're attacked by spirits and crazed trolls and ogres. In Longshadow Alley, followers of Cristanos Thex are trying to root out Thexians. In short: nothing like the old burbs.

A lot of old players had very strong ties to those suburbs. For example, my guild was a pure dark-elf female guild, so for years we all met in Longshadow Alley. It's the reason why, while in beta in November, I asked, and asked again, for a possibility to reach the old suburbs, or at least be able to "tour" them as a group/raid. Tour operator could be added to the guild registrar office and would allow to enter in the old Freeport suburbs and evil Island, a bit like the chronoportal events.

Qeynos revamp is shedulded for next week on test, July/august on live and will see the same removal of suburbs.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
Katz

Loremaster

Yeah, guess I'd better go take screenshots of the Qeynos burbs this weekend.   Soon I'll just have a door in an inn to remember them by.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #10
Slayan

Loremaster

Its still there, I have a toon on it that I log in from time to time to play

Old 06-25-2012, 04:36 AM   #11
mezagetu

Loremaster

They could add it as a special Chronothingy quest area accessible from the shady characters hanging around the docks offering to de-level you SMILEY

mezagetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #12
ShinGoku

Loremaster

I'm dreading the day when my toons are no longer able to call Nettleville home SMILEY

I didn't like the FP revamp at all and I don't see the Q one being any better.

ShinGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
Outkast1980

Loremaster

I'll Kick the dead horse even more so. The Isle (of both sides) the original starting zones for both cities, are way better then the options of today. its just annoying. Once I make my toon, I just vet call my new toon to my guild hall and then place do there call of qeynos outside the door. So making me go to new halas when I have no intention of staying there(or Kelethin) is a joke. I want to go DIRECTLY to Qeynos.  Bring back the isles!

Outkast1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #14
Vortexelemental
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Wherever the Wind May Blow

Loremaster

Oh boy.This is more like beating an indestructible horse. I asked, pleaded, and practically castrated myself asking for something as simple as "putting them in somehow not necessarily as starters, just hook something up to go there"

Have fun with that.

Ah, you went and made me giggle.

There goes my sandwich.
Vortexelemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #15
Whilhelmina

Tester

Oh yes I know, I was right behind you on that one. Still, I keep asking time and again, when the subject comes once more on the table ;p

Old 06-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
Rhita
Server: Unrest
Guild: Shoukin

Loremaster

Theres a questline in freeport that sends you to areas like The Big Bend and other "starter" areas.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #17
Tallisman

Loremaster

This comes up in chat all the time.

+1 to getting them back and going to Q or FP as starting cities.

Click my drum. Here's the story behind it.
Tallisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #18
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

They are sticking to their guns with this universally hated position.  It costs them nothing to just make the zones accessible again and make everyone here happy while having absolutely no effect whatsoever on those who would rather use the newer zones.

I don't understand it.  I'm waiting for 'Isle of Refuge' to get the treatment like beastlord did.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #19
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

isnt that "indestructable horse" known as Shadowmare from Oblivion?

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #20
LadyMist

Loremaster

Just bring em back SMILEY they were so rich in lore, their environment was more relative to the game than ANy of these new newbie areas. The voice overs drew you in. The quests were clear and you didn't have to run across a stinkin continent to do "a quest"

Ah well atleast we have our memories

Old 06-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #21
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

maybe also as new "prestige/elite" housing zone theme?

possible as one of newer dungeon maker zone?

Old 06-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #22
Te'ana

Tester

I have a little toon still on the isle. Poor thing has done every quest available, a mere 10 at the time of thier removal. She is level 10 and maxed out in many ways, but still I love to visit and see the old zone. Its even fun listening to the outdated tutorials.

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #23
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

I have a little toon still on the isle. Poor thing has done every quest available, a mere 10 at the time of thier removal. She is level 10 and maxed out in many ways, but still I love to visit and see the old zone. Its even fun listening to the outdated tutorials.

See, that's even worse.  The zones are still live and we just can't access them.  C'mon, link em to the globe network or the city bell networks.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #24
Raiwon

Loremaster

+1 the isle got me hooked on eq2,it was a good sample for things to come.

I dont see why it needed to be removed,so I hope we can get it back...

Raiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #25
Isuldor

Lord

This is pretty much a universal thing. I mean, some of my fondest and earliest memories of my time in EQ2 are on the Isle of Refuge, Queen's Colony. Seeing how many of us like it, perhaps we should start a petition, a real one. See if we can talk them into it. Like its been said before, the zone is still available if you have a character parked in there. So has anyone TRIED petitioning(I don't mean /petition, I mean getting people to sign something) SOE to implement it before? 

Isuldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #26
Vortexelemental
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Wherever the Wind May Blow

Loremaster

Isuldor wrote:

This is pretty much a universal thing. I mean, some of my fondest and earliest memories of my time in EQ2 are on the Isle of Refuge, Queen's Colony. Seeing how many of us like it, perhaps we should start a petition, a real one. See if we can talk them into it. Like its been said before, the zone is still available if you have a character parked in there. So has anyone TRIED petitioning(I don't mean /petition, I mean getting people to sign something) SOE to implement it before? 

Don't petition, or even really mention it. This isn't a petition. It's against forum policy to petition anything. They'll lock this faster than if you said 20 expletives about someones mom.You won't talk them into it.I tried many ways to get this turned around. I don't even recall how long that old forum topic was when they first suggested it, and how many people I got incensed about it, for the fanboys to guard their every word and no real answer from the devs.I'll say this, someone doesn't want the isles to exist, and as long as they are at SoE. They'll never see the light of day.It's like all the other content reductions that made no sense that made me quit in the first place.A: There's no detriment to sony to have them hooked up and useable, albeit not choices at character select if they desire it so. They're still hooked up, just unvisitable unless you have a character there. There is no /saving/ of any sort, hardware wise or otherwise suggested.B: There's really no argument you can put up against putting them back in besides, you're an idiot. Content is content. To hook up pre-made, tested, and bug free voice overed content that shouldn't be removed is well worth the time to add it to the world travel list.I made the arguments for all of you, but not like anyone will care. They wouldn't listen to me when I played. Why listen when I don't, but still wind up being correct?

Ah, you went and made me giggle.

There goes my sandwich.
Vortexelemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #27
Kasar

Loremaster

They seem to be specifically removing all voiced content a bit at a time.  Like the islands, those Freeport districts were full of voiced quests, even the wandering NPC's in town had voices when insulting you, but now they're just "Freeport Denizen" and do nothing but stand near "Freeport Guard" or "Freeport Militiaman".  Bars and inns removed to be replaced with sparring monks that do nothing.

A tour of the islands would probably just be a hall with paintings you could look at, things seem to be moving specifically away from interactive content and into just window dressing.

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #28
Dreamclouds

Loremaster

you can still get on the starter island if you are nostalgic, it is part of a prismatic or heritage quest I believe SMILEY

Dreamclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #29
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

Come on Devs! stop avoiding.

we did like to know what plans for refugee island.

will this make a new "dungeon" outdoor setting?

or will this going to be a new "Elite" prestige house zone?

i KNOW it not hard to use this blueprint copy of the island for newer contents, good for house zone and even make dungeon format.

it release it again, it is "Win-win" for both devs and players, even for SC guys want money, lol.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #30
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Dreamclouds wrote:

you can still get on the starter island if you are nostalgic, it is part of a prismatic or heritage quest I believe

Yup, part of the Prismatic 1.0 quest.  Which begs to say why can't we visit them if they leave in in there?

I despise cut content that is still in a game that I canot get to anymore.  Like dangling a carrot in front of a horse.

Grrr