EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #91
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

You will be seeing alot of complaints of people not being able to run solo content they used too... Lol.

fixed

Not just Solo... group...raid...heroics...  and [email protected]/Bugs.

Alot of people don't seem to grasp or understand Mechanics or Consequences of these actions...

I hope they realise they are going to have to either...

A.) Redo Content. (especially old ROK/TSO/SF Raids, HM Heroics/HM Raids/Raids.)

B.) Revamp Classes. (Several Classes have old crappy AA Trees/Lines.)

C.) Add Scaleable Adornments/War Runes. (Would be fun!)

I just wish the developers would listen to some of us, feels like a bad change.

TO BE HONEST... I think all Procs should critical, and they should add more ward procs to fighters like they did in SF, renewing bulward kind of sucks.

Also, can you nerf the Freeblood Lifetap Racial to not critical or be effected by potency also please? they are about the same as mending adornments!

Even if all the old War Runes Criticalled, it would not be OP in current content.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #92
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I hope they realise they are going to have to either...

A.) Redo Content. (especially old ROK/TSO/SF Raids, HM Heroics/HM Raids/Raids.)

B.) Revamp Classes. (Several Classes have old crappy AA Trees/Lines.)

C.) Add Scaleable Adornments/War Runes. (Would be fun!)

You are completely delusional.  There is nothing that isn't being killed regularly by players already not using these items, there is no justification by removing them that you thus need to revamp anything.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #93
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I hope they realise they are going to have to either...

A.) Redo Content. (especially old ROK/TSO/SF Raids, HM Heroics/HM Raids/Raids.)

B.) Revamp Classes. (Several Classes have old crappy AA Trees/Lines.)

C.) Add Scaleable Adornments/War Runes. (Would be fun!)

You are completely delusional.  There is nothing that isn't being killed regularly by players already not using these items, there is no justification by removing them that you thus need to revamp anything.

I guess you never read Slips post, lemme dig it up for you.

And Also, your forgetting or don't seem to understand that these things benefit classes moreso then others... Classes that don't have alot of avoidance and take heavy spike damage benefited alot from procs like this, and its been maintaining THAT class balance for 3 years, SO YES YOU WILL HAVE TO REVAMP CLASSES.

Class Balance is factored in by MANY Things:

- Class Skills/AAs.

- Items.

- Content.

- Endgame.

This goes under ITEMS, and is a BIG BIG BIG Item change...

slippery wrote:

The fact that it is a bug is part of the problem. You guys haven't scaled proc's at all since you nerfed them. These adorns without potency or crits are beyond abysmally awful, just like every other damage proc out there. When classes are doing 1m dps, do you really think people even see a 300 dps damage proc? The whole system is flawed. You can't make an adorn that is balanced 3 expansions worth of player growth ago that doesn't scale, and still expect it to be even in the wildest sense remotely useful. It's the same reason players would rather have red adorns, because at least we have a choice instead of having some completely terrible and awful proc shoved down our throat. It's why we'd rather see that War Rune system expanded to all jewelery slots with more war runes from old content (Avatars, New Tunaria, Shard of Hate). Proc's not being impacted by anything is just lazy and awful. They have to scale in some way. If they don't they are permanently useless, especially when you go the extra distance to make the proc chance unmodifiable. You've stopped making 100% proc chance proc's for the most part, there is no reason not to let the proc's scale by at least potency, and honestly they should crit.

slippery wrote:

Kraeref wrote:

That's the point, Slippery. PoW is hard then a raid leader has to think twice whom to accept. I don't have CC 430, but I am not begging to be accepted either. In PoW i bet in mt group you guys run two healers. So save your snarky proposals for others.

Everything in PoW is a dps check. You bring too many healers you fail. They almost all also need or benefit strongly from 4 tanks, which means 2 tanks in the MT group. You shouldn't talk about things you have 0 understanding of.

Ogdinmar wrote:

SOE PLEASE READ.  This is not QQ

Well tbh i dont care either way simply becase procs were never ment to crit after they changed it, but there was an interesting point made on this topic. When it was touched on about why cant our procs scale with our power? now thats an interesting thought to persue. i mean there are multiple teirs of procs weither adorned or pregened or even war runes(which you could probably add back to gear if you condider his) make the be affected but only to a point. put in limits to keep it from being a 50k prock(like mentioned in an earlier post) and if you want it bigger or better you get more gear or upgrade to then next strong proc. that would not only make the different tiers worth more proc wise but give players a reason to upgrade some of the gear they have instead of for a couple points of primary and 1.2 of blue stats. I think this would be interesting to explore personally and may solve a ot of the problems people seem to be having.

I guess we're all just dillusional.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #94
Geothe

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,098
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

, currently my Berserker has 53k HP, If I was a Shadowknight in the same gear I would have 70k HP... How is that even fair at all?

Speaking of dillusional....If you are wanting to get something adjusted.... making outright false, and not even close to being in the realm of plausible statements sure is not the way to go.

An SK does NOT have nearly a 50% higher HP pool than a zerker with the same gear. lol.   If you compared a raid buffed SK to an unbuffed Zerker.. then yes, that "claim" of yours would be close... but then you're comparing apples to oranges. heh.

Posting non-sense doesn't help your case at all, Tuor.

__________________
Smed: We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #95
Ogdinmar

Augur
Ogdinmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10
Default

LOL my post has nothing to do with dellusions of any kind i could care less tbh i could do content without it before and will when it changes i was mearly stateing an idea that would be interesting if they would consider simply because it would make procs ingeneral and war rune useful like most seem to.  to me its simple make all proc from lvl 1 up have the I II III (and so on) versions. allow them to be effected by potiency and crit bonus but have a cap each version up will allow the cap of effect be higher( so if you want a more powerful proc upgrade your gear) then at the later teirs do it with war runes and have the same restictions allowing each "tier or rank" to be better.  i simply think it would be a better incentive to upgrade gear than a few points in stats.  Example  lets say agis IV has a base of 2000 pts or ward allow it to be affected by pot and cb but only to 5k (for instance) and then V could cap at 7k and VI at 9k. then the procs are not "useless" and there is a reward for upgrading and getting the better versions than say 200pts.  But as it was stated  before if you can only do the stuff with the runes of mending then you could never do it. i can do all of the stuff i do now without them they just made it quicker in some places lol.  BTW SOE IF YOU READ THESE FORUMS TAKE  A LOOK AT THE IDEA IT NOT A BAD ONE AND IM SURE COULD BE TWEAKED.

Ogdinmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #96
Landiin

Loremaster
Landiin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,749
Default

If the top 1% of guilds have issues keeping their tanks up after this then SOE needs to adjust out going damage on them encounters. I'll bet they can adapt and overcome with out SOE making adjustments. Them 1%ers are a crafty bunch. The only procs that need to scale are the new ones you get as you level. Scaling procs on gear is not needed as your gear is supposed to be replaced each tier and with each new tier proc on their gear can be adjusted to match that tier.
__________________
Landiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #97
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

Geothe wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

, currently my Berserker has 53k HP, If I was a Shadowknight in the same gear I would have 70k HP... How is that even fair at all?

Speaking of dillusional....If you are wanting to get something adjusted.... making outright false, and not even close to being in the realm of plausible statements sure is not the way to go.

An SK does NOT have nearly a 50% higher HP pool than a zerker with the same gear. lol.   If you compared a raid buffed SK to an unbuffed Zerker.. then yes, that "claim" of yours would be close... but then you're comparing apples to oranges. heh.

Posting non-sense doesn't help your case at all, Tuor.

Siphon Strength: 920 Extra Health (92 Stamina)

Unholy Strength 816 Extra Health (81.6 Stamina)

Lucan's Pact 2534 Extra Health (253.4 Stamina.)

Pools of Blood 10% More Max Health (Shadowknight.)

Sentry's Bulward 5% More Max Health (Crusader.)

I have 53413 Health.

Add Siphon Strength and I have 54333.

Add Unholy Strength and I have 55149.

Add Lucan's Pact and I have 57683.

Add Pools of Blood and I have 63451.

Add Sentry's Bulwark and I have 66624. (Indeed, not 70k, but close.)

This is just crooked math because I have to add all the buffs first before I add in the Max Health, because Max Health is added after Stamina, so it would be much closer to 70k if I did that, but that alone is a HUGE difference.

If I had an SK I would have ATLEAST 18k more health then I would playing a berserker, I said 20k first because well I didn't really do any math.

To do the real math, I would have to remove all my max health buffs, then add in the SK/Crusader Buffs, then add in all the max health at once.

But all that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #98
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

And Also, your forgetting or don't seem to understand that these things benefit classes moreso then others... Classes that don't have alot of avoidance and take heavy spike damage benefited alot from procs like this, and its been maintaining THAT class balance for 3 years, SO YES YOU WILL HAVE TO REVAMP CLASSES.

I'm not forgeting anything.  There is no class in game who can't do content without this proc.  There is no class in game not already doing all this content without this proc.  Thats really where it all falls out.

Slippery has a fine arguement overall about uniformity of scaling procs, and I can agree to many of the finer points there about consistency, but if they want to go with consistency, then their also going to have to normalize a ton of values.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #99
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

And Also, your forgetting or don't seem to understand that these things benefit classes moreso then others... Classes that don't have alot of avoidance and take heavy spike damage benefited alot from procs like this, and its been maintaining THAT class balance for 3 years, SO YES YOU WILL HAVE TO REVAMP CLASSES.

I'm not forgeting anything.  There is no class in game who can't do content without this proc.  There is no class in game not already doing all this content without this proc.  Thats really where it all falls out.

Slippery has a fine arguement overall about uniformity of scaling procs, and I can agree to many of the finer points there about consistency, but if they want to go with consistency, then their also going to have to normalize a ton of values.

You can say that with a straight face, but your a very good tank and many tanks do not get the chances to be in your spot or your position, or get healers nearly as good as yours, so I can see how you won't have a problem with this, but you know, not many people get to be in that position, and your nerfing something that helped many players do content, you know for a fact that people are going to have trouble after this change.

Yes its a crutch, but is the solution to take the old man's cain away?  Its also not like Guardians are in a bad position, after this change I might have to betray, I won't beable to handle the spike damage anymore. And its not like im losing AE Auto by changing to a Guardian.

Scaling Procs is a VERY GOOD idea btw.

To be honest... I think the adornment could be turned into a Max Health Heal "for now" until they look at other adornments.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #100
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm not forgeting anything.  There is no class in game who can't do content without this proc.  There is no class in game not already doing all this content without this proc.  Thats really where it all falls out.

You can say that with a straight face, but your a very good tank and many tanks do not get the chances to be in your spot or your position, or get healers nearly as good as yours, so I can see how you won't have a problem with this, but you know, not many people get to be in that position, and your nerfing something that helped many players do content, you know for a fact that people are going to have trouble after this change.

Yes its a crutch, but is the solution to take the old man's cain away?  Its also not like Guardians are in a bad position, after this change I might have to betray, I won't beable to handle the spike damage anymore. And its not like im losing AE Auto by changing to a Guardian.

Scaling Procs is a VERY GOOD idea btw.

Yes, only one tank in my guild used this proc regularly, and we ridicule him about it cause he too is sitting at full health most of the time and this proc is doing nothing for him.

This includes are zerker that OT's Hardmode encounters for us.  He doesn't seem to have any issue, I'm not sure why you would.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by scaling procs.  The issue with criting procs as it makes the best gear from 2 expansions ago still really great gear.  Its better for procs not to scale and the values be adjusted to be relevant and nice for current expansion.  It means next expansion they'll be worth considerably less.  If you allow them to be modified and crit, they can remain relevant for far too long.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #101
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm not forgeting anything.  There is no class in game who can't do content without this proc.  There is no class in game not already doing all this content without this proc.  Thats really where it all falls out.

You can say that with a straight face, but your a very good tank and many tanks do not get the chances to be in your spot or your position, or get healers nearly as good as yours, so I can see how you won't have a problem with this, but you know, not many people get to be in that position, and your nerfing something that helped many players do content, you know for a fact that people are going to have trouble after this change.

Yes its a crutch, but is the solution to take the old man's cain away?  Its also not like Guardians are in a bad position, after this change I might have to betray, I won't beable to handle the spike damage anymore. And its not like im losing AE Auto by changing to a Guardian.

Scaling Procs is a VERY GOOD idea btw.

Yes, only one tank in my guild used this proc regularly, and we ridicule him about it cause he too is sitting at full health most of the time and this proc is doing nothing for him.

This includes are zerker that OT's Hardmode encounters for us.  He doesn't seem to have any issue, I'm not sure why you would.

Zerkers take alot more spike damage then guardians do, so we would benefit moreso from the proc then you would.

We also don't have nearly the health Shadowknight's do, so we get hit hardest by this change.

Zerkers use abilitys that lesson damage, but not prevent it, BUT they last alot longer.

Its why I can't play guardian well, I use my abilities way too early, thusly is why I play guardian wrongly, the classes are completely different in how they survive.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #102
Calabeth

Loremaster
Calabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 58
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Yes, only one tank in my guild used this proc regularly, and we ridicule him about it cause he too is sitting at full health most of the time and this proc is doing nothing for him.

This includes are zerker that OT's Hardmode encounters for us.  He doesn't seem to have any issue, I'm not sure why you would.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by scaling procs.  The issue with criting procs as it makes the best gear from 2 expansions ago still really great gear.  Its better for procs not to scale and the values be adjusted to be relevant and nice for current expansion.  It means next expansion they'll be worth considerably less.  If you allow them to be modified and crit, they can remain relevant for far too long.

I was staying quiet, but had to finally say something. Devs.. DO NOT listen to some in the 5% of servers ( HM Raiders ) who are in pretty sweet gear already compared to most. Especially when making decision changes that will affect 90-95% of the players where it does make a difference.

You mentioned earlier about comparing apples to oranges, What the HECK do you think your doing when comparing a HM Raid geared zerk vs one that is still working on trying to get a decent PUG group for their first Dozekar head after all this time. Yeah Mending adorns help us out a heck of a lot more then some HM Raid geared tank. Also do not forget the point that ( someone shoot me after I say this ) Tal brought up a very valid point in SK and crusaders in general having a lot more HP, Ways to regain that HP, and abilitys ( SK's ) that heal you when your, attacking / get attacked, that far surpass any other tank classes.

Ultimately I see this as more proof the Devs really dislike Zerks and are trying to place their Crusaders further at the top of the tank platform. Devs have proven time and time again their hate for zerks, New stance that boosts Potency based DMG ONLY as more. But thats all discussions for another thread.

Calabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #103
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

Calabeth wrote:

I was staying quiet, but had to finally say something. Devs.. DO NOT listen to some in the 5% of servers ( HM Raiders ) who are in pretty sweet gear already compared to most. Especially when making decision changes that will affect 90-95% of the players where it does make a difference.

But I'll say the same thing here, there are plenty of zerkers who did just this without a mending rune, regardless of where they are geared.

Its a crutch for bad healers, nothing more.

My point being, if you have a healer doing their job the majority of the time this rune proc'd it healed for 0 anyway.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #104
Sult

Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Talathion, I think you are more ticked off about your class compared to that of an SK since I have seen you mention the other class vs your class in 10 posts.

As a pally with none of these superior adorns in any of my gear I have no issues with my archon merc up keeping me alive as a solo quite a few Skyshrine contested named. 

There just seems to be a larger whine factor than the griping of the adorns that are being voiced by some individuals. Class balance seems to be a more significant problem than exploiting runes that were due to get fixed.

Sult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #105
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

Sult wrote:

Talathion, I think you are more ticked off about your class compared to that of an SK since I have seen you mention the other class vs your class in 10 posts.

As a pally with none of these superior adorns in any of my gear I have no issues with my archon merc up keeping me alive as a solo quite a few Skyshrine contested named. 

There just seems to be a larger whine factor than the griping of the adorns that are being voiced by some individuals. Class balance seems to be a more significant problem than exploiting runes that were due to get fixed.

Who is your 92 Paladin with 320 AA and What content does he tank?

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #106
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Daalilama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 437
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Calabeth wrote:

I was staying quiet, but had to finally say something. Devs.. DO NOT listen to some in the 5% of servers ( HM Raiders ) who are in pretty sweet gear already compared to most. Especially when making decision changes that will affect 90-95% of the players where it does make a difference.

But I'll say the same thing here, there are plenty of zerkers who did just this without a mending rune, regardless of where they are geared.

Its a crutch for bad healers, nothing more.

My point being, if you have a healer doing their job the majority of the time this rune proc'd it healed for 0 anyway.

Agreed...there maybe a valid point somewhere regarding this proc's usability in grouping and raiding(lulz on that) but by same token it seems certain individuals are arguing against nerfing this adornment from no other perspective then how it might affect their solo runs.....which tbh diminishes any sort of valid point one tries to make.

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #107
Dethdlr
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Advent of Valor
Rank: Council Leader

Fansite Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 673
Default

If ONE PROC makes that big of a difference, as some in this thread have claimed, how on earth can anyone say with a straight face that it isn't overpowered or bugged?It was a bug.  Everybody knew it was a bug.  If you used it and were able to do content that you wouldn't have been able to do without it, consider yourself lucky for being able to do it for as long as you did.  It wasn't the way it was intended to work and now they're fixing it.And unless my reading comprehension skills have diminished considerably, the subject here is "Runes of Mending/Blasting".  Not "Why can't my Zerker be as good as a Shadowknight?"  That would be a different topic.

__________________


EQ2U Lead Programmer |Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator | EQ2Wire.com Columnist

Dethdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #108
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

[email protected] wrote:

If ONE PROC makes that big of a difference, as some in this thread have claimed, how on earth can anyone say with a straight face that it isn't overpowered or bugged?It was a bug.  Everybody knew it was a bug.  If you used it and were able to do content that you wouldn't have been able to do without it, consider yourself lucky for being able to do it for as long as you did.  It wasn't the way it was intended to work and now they're fixing it.And unless my reading comprehension skills have diminished considerably, the subject here is "Runes of Mending/Blasting".  Not "Why can't my Zerker be as good as a Shadowknight?"  That would be a different topic.

If it wasn't an issue to be taken away, then it would be a 1-2 page post...

Sorry dude, this doesn't effect the 5%, but it does effect the 95%.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #109
Dethdlr
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Advent of Valor
Rank: Council Leader

Fansite Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 673
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

If it wasn't an issue to be taken away, then it would be a 1-2 page post...

Sorry dude, this doesn't effect the 5%, but it does effect the 95%.

1st, I'm in that 95% myself.  I haven't raided in years.  And I'm glad they're fixing it.  The more bugs like this that are in the game, the more difficult it is for them to try and get the difficulty of the content right (notice I said try).

2nd, if your posts and responses to your posts were removed, it WOULD be a 1-2 page post.  lol.  We got it.  You don't want them to fix it.  Noted.

__________________


EQ2U Lead Programmer |Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator | EQ2Wire.com Columnist

Dethdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #110
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

If it wasn't an issue to be taken away, then it would be a 1-2 page post...

Sorry dude, this doesn't effect the 5%, but it does effect the 95%.

1st, I'm in that 95% myself.  I haven't raided in years.  And I'm glad they're fixing it.  The more bugs like this that are in the game, the more difficult it is for them to try and get the difficulty of the content right (notice I said try).

2nd, if your posts and responses to your posts were removed, it WOULD be a 1-2 page post.  lol.  We got it.  You don't want them to fix it.  Noted.

Unfortunitely people who agree with me usually don't post and hate posting on the forums, infact most casual players do not use the forums.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #111
Boli32

Loremaster
Boli32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,425
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

If it wasn't an issue to be taken away, then it would be a 1-2 page post...

Sorry dude, this doesn't effect the 5%, but it does effect the 95%.

1st, I'm in that 95% myself.  I haven't raided in years.  And I'm glad they're fixing it.  The more bugs like this that are in the game, the more difficult it is for them to try and get the difficulty of the content right (notice I said try).

2nd, if your posts and responses to your posts were removed, it WOULD be a 1-2 page post.  lol.  We got it.  You don't want them to fix it.  Noted.

Unfortunitely people who agree with me usually don't post and hate posting on the forums, infact most casual players do not use the forums.

I'm sorry but you cannot use the phrase "the silent majority" in order to get your point across. I assure you there more than a significant portion of people who stand on BOTH sides of an argument. Citing that your point of view has more "invisible" followers than others is just bad debate skillz.

And if we are talkign about silent majority types... consider all those who:- a: don;t use adorns... or use very few- b: can't afford the fabled adorn so use the legendary (which does NOT crit)

The very fact even within its own subset one crit and the other did not says just how much of a bug/exploit the adorn was and petitioning to have it changed to its BROKEN way again just shows you have no real clue over the development process. You might as well petition to have +defence changed back to pre LU13 methods and we all know what fun that was in the original game.

Not only that but you are citing examples of SOLOING instance zones... herioc and epic fights as an example of things you SHOULD be able to do. Yes some classes can solo more than others but even for the casual player it doesn't matter what they can do solo but how they act in a group/raid where itshodul be balanced against.

YES even for your "silent majority" who never group/raid/post but still know about the bug and can afford the adorns; their own skills should be balanced and NOT one broken adorn.

Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:40 AM   #112
Beko
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 283
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

If it wasn't an issue to be taken away, then it would be a 1-2 page post...

Sorry dude, this doesn't effect the 5%, but it does effect the 95%.

1st, I'm in that 95% myself.  I haven't raided in years.  And I'm glad they're fixing it.  The more bugs like this that are in the game, the more difficult it is for them to try and get the difficulty of the content right (notice I said try).

2nd, if your posts and responses to your posts were removed, it WOULD be a 1-2 page post.  lol.  We got it.  You don't want them to fix it.  Noted.

Unfortunitely people who agree with me usually don't post and hate posting on the forums, infact most casual players do not use the forums.

I'm sorry but you cannot use the phrase "the silent majority" in order to get your point across. I assure you there more than a significant portion of people who stand on BOTH sides of an argument. Citing that your point of view has more "invisible" followers than others is just bad debate skillz.

And if we are talkign about silent majority types... consider all those who:- a: don;t use adorns... or use very few- b: can't afford the fabled adorn so use the legendary (which does NOT crit)

The very fact even within its own subset one crit and the other did not says just how much of a bug/exploit the adorn was and petitioning to have it changed to its BROKEN way again just shows you have no real clue over the development process. You might as well petition to have +defence changed back to pre LU13 methods and we all know what fun that was in the original game.

Not only that but you are citing examples of SOLOING instance zones... herioc and epic fights as an example of things you SHOULD be able to do. Yes some classes can solo more than others but even for the casual player it doesn't matter what they can do solo but how they act in a group/raid where itshodul be balanced against.

YES even for your "silent majority" who never group/raid/post but still know about the bug and can afford the adorns; their own skills should be balanced and NOT one broken adorn.

Superior's (Fabled) Adorns were made to critical, otherwise the code to critical/be affected by stats would of never been put there in the first place. Since you failed to do the research on that, then please go back to when they stated that it was intended that they criticaled awile ago, because they were "superior" and harder to get then the other adornments, and they scaled because player power was quickly growing.

Please understand game mechanics first before you talk about them.

If they were not intended to critical, they would of never made them that way in the first place because no adornments critical, and they were intended to critical to scale with higher levels and not be useless.

We have new developers, and theyre vision isn't the same as the developers as before.

This change was made because of PvP, anyone can say otherwise, but thats how it really is.

Also, "we know your opinion" you've stated it about 15 times, and we know you think and how you think, but this is feedback about the item itself, I know you havent used it, so please do not post feedback that you have no idea about, your negative responces can be taken to another place.

Beko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #113
Luhai

Loremaster
Luhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 679
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

... your negative responces can be taken to another place.

...like one of the other 20 threads you've posted in, complaining about SOE ruining your solo farming and powerlevelling experience?

It's funny how you're telling people to learn the game mechanics because you totally know how the rune is supposed to work and the reasons behind the changes when the Devs already stated that PvP was NOT responsible for the change and the rune scaling with pot IS a bug.

Oh well, keep on posting and agreeing with your alt account, it's fun to watch. SMILEY

__________________
Luhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #114
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

Luhai wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

... your negative responces can be taken to another place.

...like one of the other 20 threads you've posted in, complaining about SOE ruining your solo farming and powerlevelling experience?

It's funny how you're telling people to learn the game mechanics because you totally know how the rune is supposed to work and the reasons behind the changes when the Devs already stated that PvP was NOT responsible for the change and the rune scaling with pot IS a bug.

Oh well, keep on posting and agreeing with your alt account, it's fun to watch.

Comments like this is why I don't read the forums.

Also, "Aerilik" (I think.) made the item, not Xelgad, and he is not around anymore, kind of wish he was though.

Also, give me a link stating where "Rune of Mending" was a bug, or a quote, please.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #115
Luhai

Loremaster
Luhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 679
Default

 As posted by Lyndro (last post on page 4):

We don't balance content around you having a rune of mending. If there are actual class balance issues associated with that change, we'll evaluate those issues. Procs aren't intended to scale with potency, this was a bug, which has been fixed.

__________________
Luhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #116
Ingerimm
Server: Valor
Guild: Das Schwarze Auge
Rank: Gott

Loremaster
Ingerimm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 105
Default

Lead Designer Joined: Feb 23, 2005Messages: 707Offline

I should clarify here: If this change makes content unplayable, we'll evaluate the content. We don't balance content around you having a rune of mending. If there are actual class balance issues associated with that change, we'll evaluate those issues. Procs aren't intended to scale with potency, this was a bug, which has been fixed.

__________________
Ingerimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #117
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Superior's (Fabled) Adorns were made to critical, otherwise the code to critical/be affected by stats would of never been put there in the first place. Since you failed to do the research on that, then please go back to when they stated that it was intended that they criticaled awile ago, because they were "superior" and harder to get then the other adornments, and they scaled because player power was quickly growing.

Actually, all mending runes crit'd initially.  the others were fixed, and this one was allowed to continue to be modified either by design or omission, I can't really say which.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #118
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii
Rank: Initiate/Slave

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,780
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Superior's (Fabled) Adorns were made to critical, otherwise the code to critical/be affected by stats would of never been put there in the first place. Since you failed to do the research on that, then please go back to when they stated that it was intended that they criticaled awile ago, because they were "superior" and harder to get then the other adornments, and they scaled because player power was quickly growing.

Actually, all mending runes crit'd initially.  the others were fixed, and this one was allowed to continue to be modified either by design or omission, I can't really say which.

Well they were MADE to critical, and when they disallowed the others to be affected by stats they didn't change them "because they forgot?" No, its because it was intended.

And Lol on it suddenly being a bug, I bet Aerilik is laughing atm.

They are probably going to have to do a revamp on classes spells/aas soon, this imbalance can't hold for much longer.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #119
Risca

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 11
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Superior's (Fabled) Adorns were made to critical, otherwise the code to critical/be affected by stats would of never been put there in the first place. Since you failed to do the research on that, then please go back to when they stated that it was intended that they criticaled awile ago, because they were "superior" and harder to get then the other adornments, and they scaled because player power was quickly growing.

Actually, all mending runes crit'd initially.  the others were fixed, and this one was allowed to continue to be modified either by design or omission, I can't really say which.

Well they were MADE to critical, and when they disallowed the others to be affected by stats they didn't change them "because they forgot?" No, its because it was intended.

And Lol on it suddenly being a bug, I bet Aerilik is laughing atm.

They are probably going to have to do a revamp on classes spells/aas soon, this imbalance can't hold for much longer.

and by revamp you mean make ever zerker change you want so you can solo current content x4's you should of never relied on autoattack to play the game for you

Risca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #120
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Well they were MADE to critical, and when they disallowed the others to be affected by stats they didn't change them "because they forgot?" No, its because it was intended.

Yes, they were made to crit, but they were never intended to be modified by potency as well.

Did you log into test and see what these did in reckless stance?

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:16 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.