EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Kinvore

Loremaster

Are there any plans to make a Reforger NPC for guild halls?  As they say in one of my favorite movies, be a lot cooler if you dee-yid.

Kinvore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Lempo

Loremaster

Not gonna happen, same with a chrono, if thye were to do that then the 12 or however many starting cities they have now would be desolate, void of the daily hustle and bustle that ...

oh yeah. Nevermind.

Probably too busy with SOEmo stuff to provide us with anything as useful as that, a reforger near where you could test on dummies, ludicrous.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
Kinvore

Loremaster

I doubt the reason would be not using cities, if so they'd take out broker and banker amenities, too.  It just makes sense to have one as often as we use them. Well I use them often at least because I have an army of alts.

Kinvore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
Mermut

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I doubt the reason would be not using cities, if so they'd take out broker and banker amenities, too.  It just makes sense to have one as often as we use them. Well I use them often at least because I have an army of alts.

The cities is the reason they've given in the past for not giving us a chronomage amenity...

Old 06-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
Dethdlr
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Advent of Valor

Fansite Staff

Mermut wrote:

The cities is the reason they've given in the past for not giving us a chronomage amenity...

Yep.  They don't want to contribute to empty world syndrome. 

Guild halls are a two edged sword.  If you're in a guild with all the amenities, they're fantastic.  But because they are so fantastic, hardly anybody goes to the cities anymore.  Before guild halls, you'd see tons of people in Qeynos and Freeport standing around the broker.  You don't really see that anymore.  So it can give the impression to new players that hardly anybody plays the game even if there are tons of people in instances and guild halls. 

Personally, I love guild halls.  Prior to them being implemented, there were guild mates at other levels that I had never actually seen before.  Now, I get to see all our guildmates regardless of level since we all pass through and hang out in the guild hall.  I think it brings guilds closer together.  But at the same time, I can see how it does make the towns kind of empty.

EQ2U Lead Programmer |Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator | EQ2Wire.com Columnist

Dethdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
Gilasil

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Mermut wrote:

Yep.  They don't want to contribute to empty world syndrome. 

Guild halls are a two edged sword.  If you're in a guild with all the amenities, they're fantastic.  But because they are so fantastic, hardly anybody goes to the cities anymore.  Before guild halls, you'd see tons of people in Qeynos and Freeport standing around the broker.  You don't really see that anymore.  So it can give the impression to new players that hardly anybody plays the game even if there are tons of people in instances and guild halls. 

Personally, I love guild halls.  Prior to them being implemented, there were guild mates at other levels that I had never actually seen before.  Now, I get to see all our guildmates regardless of level since we all pass through and hang out in the guild hall.  I think it brings guilds closer together.  But at the same time, I can see how it does make the towns kind of empty.

I think this is the fairest summary of that situation I've seen.  Guild halls are wonderful, but they do have that down side.

On Freeport (the server) Freeport (the city) isn't deserted.  There's always some people hanging out at the docks.  But I know on other servers they're ghostowns.

It's too late to turn back the clock in EQ2, but perhaps in EQ Next they could have guild halls which have some ammenities, but not a full range.  Also, cities better designed for convenience so people don't have to run all over the place to get the same ammenities they can have in a guild hall without hardly moving.  The dock area of the redesigned Freeport seems to have gotten that right.  If the guild hall zone ins were also right there it might help.  You could do your business at one and hop over to the other one easily.   Convenience is king for most of those ammenties.

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote