EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #1
Thart

Developer

Hi everyone, we've added a few quality-of-life improvements in Chaos Descending. If you have any feedback about these, please post it here Smile

Group/Raid Countdown Window

A group or raid leader can now start a countdown that will show up on all members' screens.

Type the `/countdown` command to see a nice UI for choosing a countdown duration. It will ping every 5 seconds until there are 5 seconds remaining, then you'll experience a dramatic second-by-second countdown!

You can also specify a seconds parameter to `/countdown` to skip using the UI window.

Group Reordering

There are new right-click actions on group member portraits for reordering your local view of the group. If you'd like a particular person to always be in your F2 slot, that's now possible!

A more detailed description of this is in the update notes.

Guild Recruitment

A more detailed description of this is in the update notes.

We hope this makes it easier for people to find what they're looking for in guilds and recruits.

Broker Pricing

640K 9,999,999P ought to be enough for anybody Wink
Old 10-11-2018, 09:53 PM   #2
Dude

Fixed that for you. Roll Eyes
Old 10-12-2018, 02:34 AM   #3
Mermut

The options dealing with swapping group members around seems to have broker the ability to click on a group member and swap to their instance.. Ie if you're in CoV 1 and they're in CoV 2, on live, you can right click on the group member and join them in CoV 2
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:31 AM   #4
Thart

Developer

I'm looking into this but having trouble getting a repro. In Coliseum of Valor, I'm able to see the "Go to" right click command and execute it:

[IMG]

Is Coliseum of Valor the right zone? And was this a consistent thing, or just sometimes that you didn't get this verb in the action menu?
Old 10-13-2018, 04:18 AM   #5
Mermut

I was actually trying to use it in Myrist.. perhaps it's the new zones that don't allow swapping instances and not the UI. I don't know that I'll be able to find a non CD zone to test in beta though.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:37 AM   #6
Conifur

It did not work at first for a friend and I - it seemed to clear up once we actually left Myrist. Now it works even if in the library. I am not sure if it was the leaving the first time that "fixed" it or if something happened. Was the same thing with the mount gear window. I could not open it until after I left Myrist once.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #7
Conifur

It was either a first time bug or it was fixed. I am able to switch now in Myrist. It was just the first time we grouped and had not left the library - we were running around doing the quests in there. Once we zoned after about 30 minutes we no longer had the problem in Myrist. I'll try again today.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:10 PM   #8
Mermut

So it sounds like switching instances ONLY in Myrist is broken... meaning it's a zone bug, not a UI bug?
Old 10-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #9
Thart

Developer

From y'all's responses and chatting with Caith, certainly seems like it's a zone thing. If the command works now, a content change must have corrected the problem.

Another way to test without relying on the UI being there is via the /zone_to_group_member command--that's what the action submits on click. If the right-click action doesn't appear, but the slash command works, then that's likely something I broke.

Thank you for your help with bug bashing Smile