EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Warlorm

Loremaster

It's just getting ridiculous now.  There are only two server with enough population to field decent premades below 80, Bayle and Nagafen.  It's been increasingly more common and robs the fun out of the entire system.  It's little more than token farming and unless you want the population of people enjoying this like side project to drop even further it's got to go.

Warlorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
Beef_Supre

General

I disagree, strongly.

I only get to run with one or two Guildies at a time, and even that's infrequent.. so I'm not a part of the groups you're talking about.

However... it's part of the game. Don't like it? Get some buddies and do the same.

Yeah, a Naggie group of 6 in Gears will stomp the guts out of a PuG, but it's all about the teamwork. You can do that too, if you got some people of like mind and put forth the same effort. Convincing a few friends to lock in the same Tier as they grind aa's is not out of reason.

Pre-mades are part of the game, PvP is all about preparation and planning. A good group, especially one set up with well complimenting classes and players is just making the most of what's possible.

Have I lost to them on occasion? Sure. Do I take offense at what they've done? Nope.

It's part of the challenge, just like anything else, and you *do* have the same ability to get groups if you communicate, plan ahead, and get people on a Friends list or Guild list that are interested in the same.

http://big-beef-mcquaid.mybrute.com
Beef_Supre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
Blambil
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Truculent Brew

Loremaster

no please

no visibility to queue times, you can wait hours depending on the tier.. that would/could make it worse.

Blambil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
PeteyWheatstraw

Loremaster

dude, this is possibly the  worst thread ever................................

Learn to make freinds and maybe you too could have a premade to roll with.....just sayin!

PeteyWheatstraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

Terrible idea.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
Darkor
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

wow....

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Chunkaliscious

Loremaster

Warlorm wrote:

It's just getting ridiculous now.  There are only two server with enough population to field decent premades below 80, Bayle and Nagafen. 

So there is only you and 4 or less people on your server to field a premade Gears team?  10 or less for Ganak ? 22 or less for Smugglers?  Really?  I find that incredibly hard to believe and can not in any way support your cause until I see hard numbers that show there is only 23 or less BGers on your server.

Chunkaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #8
Sluggo
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Stormsurge

Loremaster

lol why dont we just ban premade groups and only allow PUG?

sheesh. Make some friends and go kick some tail. PVPBG is about strategy.

horrible thread.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
StaticLex

Loremaster

Here's an idea OP.. quit lurking in newb tiers and level to 90 where most of the game population is at.

When you've played this game for ten years and gone to bat seven-thousand times and gotten two-thousand hits do you know what that really means? It means you've gone zero for five-thousand. --- Reggie Jackson
StaticLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #10
Swarfega

Philosopher

Strongly disagree with separation. How are you meant to learn how to deal with harder situations if they are not before you to deal with? If all you get to fight is mediocre how to you ever excell?

My vote everyone in the same boat. Well geared with poorly geared, well teamed with no team. Learn or die.

I mostly pug and relish the challenge of a premades co-ordination. Its where i learn.

Swarfega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:14 AM   #11
Eritius
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fate by Blood

Loremaster

Can we remove guild/friends from grouping in lower tier dungeons too?

Yeah it sounds a little stupid doesn't it?

Eritius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #12
Peppto
Server: Najena

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Can we remove guild/friends from grouping in lower tier dungeons too?

Yeah it sounds a little stupid doesn't it?

lolz, there's groups in lower tiers? Coulda fooled me >,<.

Peppto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:09 AM   #13
Telnights

Loremaster

What I do have a problem with is premades being allowed without any kind of real match making system in place to speak of. When the match making system doesnt even give one team a healer or some times not even the right number of players it makes premades way over prower. Now some people can get a group togather but is it really fair to the guys that cant if the system doesnt even out the teams or player types?

Telnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:12 AM   #14
pantherr

Loremaster

Telnights wrote:

What I do have a problem with is premades being allowed without any kind of real match making system in place to speak of. When the match making system doesnt even give one team a healer or some times not even the right number of players it makes premades way over prower. Now some people can get a group togather but is it really fair to the guys that cant if the system doesnt even out the teams or player types?

Exactly, i'm sick of seeing a BG match going 3 vs 4, where the team of 4 has a healer. And then all of a sudden half way through they get another healer, and it's now 3 vs 5 + they got two healers. . . I mean really?

I BG 60-69 FYI, there's almost nobody there hence the 3 vs 3 gear matches etc.

pantherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:09 AM   #15
Ahlana

Loremaster

pantherr wrote:

Telnights wrote:

Exactly, i'm sick of seeing a BG match going 3 vs 4, where the team of 4 has a healer. And then all of a sudden half way through they get another healer, and it's now 3 vs 5 + they got two healers. . . I mean really?

I BG 60-69 FYI, there's almost nobody there hence the 3 vs 3 gear matches etc.

Roth said the MM waits for healer for each side before firing off. But sometimes the healer just doesn't accept. That's not really the matchmakers fault. Though it could act like WoW and wait for all members to accept before dragging people in.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #16
S_M_I_T_E

Loremaster

Warlorm wrote:

It's just getting ridiculous now.  There are only two server with enough population to field decent premades below 80, Bayle and Nagafen.  It's been increasingly more common and robs the fun out of the entire system.  It's little more than token farming and unless you want the population of people enjoying this like side project to drop even further it's got to go.

I also thought that before last night.  Play your 90.  Watch how BG's feels when people are all clustered.  It's just about right. 

PUGing in T4/T8 used to be about 1v1s and 2v1s and no teamwork.  Eventually the PUG population of T4/T8 will cluster and things will feel right but at the moment you can't force your PUG groupmates not to go to the 4 winds and thus spike DPS feels OP at the moment.

S_M_I_T_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:22 PM   #17
Warlorm

Loremaster

I anticipated as much, response wise.  The bulk of the population are going to be the type of players who run in packs.

This bears zero resemblance to grouping in PvE, that was quite a stupid response.  NPCs vs a competitive PvP minigame?  Don't be idiotic.

The fact remains, premades in the lower tears ruin the game for those who do not go through and pick the most capable players on their server and roll in together.  I don't do it for the same reason I hate when I get put up against it, it completely ruins the balance of the match.

Premades wouldn't be a problem, if the match making in this game wasn't the most archaic system I have ever seen.  It's the most simplistic system they could have instituted and they further complicated it by allowing people to opt out of joining.

Finally, another reason it's completely unfair: communication.  For some reason, they haven't been able to get everyone to automatically join raid or group chat.  So now you can't even communicate a decent plan of attack.

It's like putting a middle school football team up against the Steelers.  Anyone who views it otherwise is fooling themselves.

Warlorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #18
Zacarus
Guild: Elusive

Loremaster

Warlorm wrote:

I anticipated as much, response wise.  The bulk of the population are going to be the type of players who run in packs.

This bears zero resemblance to grouping in PvE, that was quite a stupid response.  NPCs vs a competitive PvP minigame?  Don't be idiotic.

The fact remains, premades in the lower tears ruin the game for those who do not go through and pick the most capable players on their server and roll in together.  I don't do it for the same reason I hate when I get put up against it, it completely ruins the balance of the match.

Premades wouldn't be a problem, if the match making in this game wasn't the most archaic system I have ever seen.  It's the most simplistic system they could have instituted and they further complicated it by allowing people to opt out of joining.

Finally, another reason it's completely unfair: communication.  For some reason, they haven't been able to get everyone to automatically join raid or group chat.  So now you can't even communicate a decent plan of attack.

It's like putting a middle school football team up against the Steelers.  Anyone who views it otherwise is fooling themselves.

If you can't beat them, join them...

Zacarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #19
bayoudawn

Champion

Maybe there should be a check box option in Battle ground queue window ask you to click okay if you are willing to accept matches against premade teams, and also a second box ask you if you perfer to go up against premade teams? Freedom for everyone!

bayoudawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #20
Moonbaby
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Warlorm wrote:

This is an MMORPG. It's online and you have the option of making friends and grouping with them. The same goes for BGs. Whenever someone from my server beasts the parse or taunts incredibly well or is seemingly impossible to kill, I send them a tell when I get back and ask if they want to play together. You have a choice to either leave your team up to chance or get together with a couple people who you can depend on.

Communication is a key part of BGs and it's always aggravating when someone isn't in group or raid chat. Those are the people you DON'T ask to play with; they'll be loners because they have decided not to communicate with any of their team mates. But it isn't unfair that groups use mics to talk in voice chat to each other or that they even turn chat on. It's an option and it's very helpful. Just because you sometimes get stuck with an idiotic raid leader (I get stuck with them often) doesn't mean we should delete pre-mades because they're competent enough to use the resources in front of them.

Very rarely is it as easy as you say for pre-mades to defeat pugs. I often roll with 2 - 4 others (there's usually 4 of us) and sometimes, yes, we wipe out the other team 700 - 12 in gears. But most of the time they've got a great healer or tank (Ogroz can practically win gears by himself) or dps-er that makes it difficult for us to just rush in, get our tokens and leave. If you're a great player, you're usually able to shine, regardless of whether or not you're facing a pre-made.

Those who talk to others and make friends in BGs are smart. Those who forgo that option to "be nice" to those rolling solo are just fooling themselves.

Moonbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #21
Crismorn

Loremaster

If you dont like the matchup then leave the match, wait 5 minutes and do another one.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #22
Crismorn

Loremaster

dbl post.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #23
Brook

Tester

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Warlorm wrote:

This is an MMORPG. It's online and you have the option of making friends and grouping with them. The same goes for BGs. Whenever someone from my server beasts the parse or taunts incredibly well or is seemingly impossible to kill, I send them a tell when I get back and ask if they want to play together. You have a choice to either leave your team up to chance or get together with a couple people who you can depend on.

Communication is a key part of BGs and it's always aggravating when someone isn't in group or raid chat. Those are the people you DON'T ask to play with; they'll be loners because they have decided not to communicate with any of their team mates. But it isn't unfair that groups use mics to talk in voice chat to each other or that they even turn chat on. It's an option and it's very helpful. Just because you sometimes get stuck with an idiotic raid leader (I get stuck with them often) doesn't mean we should delete pre-mades because they're competent enough to use the resources in front of them.

Very rarely is it as easy as you say for pre-mades to defeat pugs. I often roll with 2 - 4 others (there's usually 4 of us) and sometimes, yes, we wipe out the other team 700 - 12 in gears. But most of the time they've got a great healer or tank (Ogroz can practically win gears by himself) or dps-er that makes it difficult for us to just rush in, get our tokens and leave. If you're a great player, you're usually able to shine, regardless of whether or not you're facing a pre-made.

Those who talk to others and make friends in BGs are smart. Those who forgo that option to "be nice" to those rolling solo are just fooling themselves.

Well said

I have mostly run solo but have been looking at some of the pre made or usual teams I see together(usually while having things stuck in me in a very obscene manner with the world spinning and the screen blurred just before the revive window pops) and ya know, I think I will be jumping in on finding others that like to play together because it looks like a lot of fun and that's why I play the game.

@Warlorn, what prevents you from finding some people to team up with and run in a pack of your own? Granted, you wont win every match but if you focus on playing as part of  the team instead of being the team I really think you will find that it is a ton more fun than getting steamrolled at every turn by others who are working together to get things done.

At the end of the day when you didn't end up with the people you would normally run with and find yourself on the opposing side there are no hard feelings for the carnage you dealt them or they dealt you. When your back on your home server and all those dots are still ticking off you can collect your 1 token or 3 tokens and hit Alt Z and que up for another round.

Its a game.

But seriously, you're the kind of guy that zones into gears without a healer and spends the whole match talking about the fact there isn't a healer instead of contributing. I hate you, and everyone like you that plays this game. Please spend less time whining and more time winning, it contributes to the general growth of the game and makes gameplay more enjoyable for all.

Brook is offline   Reply With Quote