EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
ekylok

Loremaster

Since open-world pvp in these tiers is practically dead, it would be nice to be able to BG at least.

My goal is to keep at least 1 toon in every tier T2+, and it would be nice to be able to do some kind of pvp on my lvl 16 without having to worry about him leveling. Basically all he is good for now is crafting. I have 4 other toons in different tiers and 2 at end game. I do not have any desire to lvl up ALL my toons.

I think it would also be a good pvp practice place for new people joining the game instead of them rushing to higher tiers where they will most likely be slaughtered every fight.

I bet there would be enough interest in T2/3 BG's that there wouldn't be any problems que'n up.

Hopefully, this can be implemented in the future.

ekylok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:41 AM   #2
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

I'd prefer not just because it would spread out the lower tier bg population and t4 won't be as populated, and I might have to reroll my low tier bg alts and farm 160 AA again which I don't want to do.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
Moonbaby
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Rahatmattata wrote:

I'd prefer not just because it would spread out the lower tier bg population and t4 won't be as populated, and I might have to reroll my low tier bg alts and farm 160 AA again which I don't want to do.

/agree

While we're at it, let's make a T1 BG as well. That way, you won't have to level at all, just roll and queue!

It takes less than two hours to get to 39 with a RAF, just level the guy if you want to do BGs.

Moonbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #4
ekylok

Loremaster

I already have a toon in T4...the 16 is my permanent T2 toon. Like I said, my goal is to have a toon in all tiers. Would be nice to BG with the 16 or my 20.

I don't think it would bring down the T4 population because in T4 you can get 160 aa's which makes that tier'd BG a whole different monster, and you would not need to get 160 aa again if you plan on keeping the toon in T2-3...just need the 1.5 lvl cap.

I see it as adding more playing options to the game.

ekylok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
Grumble69

Loremaster

T2 would be very interesting.  Many classes have spells that start in the 20s.  If they were nixed, it would be curious to see how the classes faired.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
Sluggo
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Stormsurge

Loremaster

lol i would love to see a 24vs24 of lvl 9 characters.

Everybody will be spamming their 5 combat arts. Bronze armor would make you godly lol

Old 10-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
Beef_Supre

General

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Rahatmattata wrote:

/agree

While we're at it, let's make a T1 BG as well. That way, you won't have to level at all, just roll and queue!

It takes less than two hours to get to 39 with a RAF, just level the guy if you want to do BGs.

Well said, Vayxx.

Also, T4 offers a number of Fabled and HQ items that make a little difference without being overwhelming, and provides a great jumping off point for BGs because of gear availability and stats.

Even more importantly, though, the CAs and Abilities for some classes really aren't ready for BGs any sooner than 30ish, and from what I'm thinking, some classes would be far more prepared than others at the early levels.

http://big-beef-mcquaid.mybrute.com
Beef_Supre is offline   Reply With Quote