EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Expansions and Adventure Packs
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
Hoserbaba

Loremaster

It says "Official Steam time: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 12:06 am"  on their site, but i can't find it anywhere to download the expansion. Anyone doing/done the download through steam?

Hozzerbubba - Defiler 92 / Master Jeweler

Splitpaw
Hoserbaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #2
tullebukk

Loremaster

Cant find it on steam, and the other 2 wont accept my order.. Perfect.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
noogabooga

Loremaster

why cant the little details be worked out beforehand to ensure the release is on time & without a hitch? ARGHHHH are there any competent ppl left in SoE?

Old 02-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Pilzzüchter

Loremaster

why is there a link to steam? http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=469883

i see nothing on the homepage_ http://store.steampowered.com/searc...&category1=

Pilzzüchter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:05 AM   #5
Manuell
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Black Rose

Loremaster

Just checked on Steam and like on previous posts about it they cant give any information.

Any news at SoE as to when it will be available on Steam?

I have an account with STEAM already and if I have to pay the 30 pounds I would rather do so without setting up another account with places I wont ever use again.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
Chan_FeiHong

Loremaster

I think Steam counts as a digital download, so it might not be avaliable until next week through them.

Or I could read the links from this post,

Pilzzüchter wrote:

why is there a link to steam? http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=469883

i see nothing on the homepage_ http://store.steampowered.com/searc...&category1=

And amend my answer to, Meh?

Chan_FeiHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
Wingrider01

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Just checked on Steam and like on previous posts about it they cant give any information.

Any news at SoE as to when it will be available on Steam?

I have an account with STEAM already and if I have to pay the 30 pounds I would rather do so without setting up another account with places I wont ever use again.

seem to remember a post in the offical thread that they would not be available till 10AM Pacific on the 16th, which is 18:00 GMT.

One caution - don't both installing the DD (or retail box), just add the key to your account and let the patcher bring down everything. If you install the DD/DVD you will be overwriting current files with outdated ones and they will need to be patched also when you log on.

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #8
Hoserbaba

Loremaster

Quote:
seem to remember a post in the offical thread that they would not be available till 10AM Pacific on the 16th, which is 18:00 GMT.

As the Steam download is intended mainly for Europe, isn't that a bit weird that we have to lose almost a full day?

And Steam (or SOE) could have put some info on their site too...

Splitpaw
Old 02-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #9
RAWRRR

Loremaster

They can't charge you for it without giving you the product, thats why any form of digital release (other then SOE's Digital Download, thats delayed for marketing reasons) has to wait until the servers are supposedly live.

Thats why when you pre-order something they don't charge your card until it ships, and it's why pre-orders from places like gamestop are a deposit which can be applied to the cost of the purchase or reclaimed at any time.

RAWRRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #10
Ldarax

Loremaster

Hoserbaba wrote:

Quote:

As the Steam download is intended mainly for Europe, isn't that a bit weird that we have to lose almost a full day?

You realy think servers will be up at or befor 18:00 GMT?

Ldarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #11
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Hoserbaba wrote:

Quote:

how are you losing a full day? that is about the time the servers will actually come back up - barring no issues

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
Hoserbaba

Loremaster

I am talking about the downloading/patching of stuff, not actually playing; not really concerned with servers being up and running at this stage. Splitpaw never goes fully/properly online at least a day after the actual release date anyway

Note: For me, the 16th of february will be ending in approx. 8hrs and 12mins. If i still haven't been able to start a download or whatever by then, i will have lost a full day.

Splitpaw
Old 02-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #13
Endraal

Loremaster

Still no Steam and the other 2 aren't accepting orders from non EU countries. Great.

Another win for basic education....SMILEY

Endraal is offline   Reply With Quote