EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 11:55 PM   #61
suka

i so agree

Old 11-07-2015, 12:00 AM   #62
suka

but why do you get to decide what is valid and what is not? who can actually justify deciding for someone else what is important to them? how would you like it if we decided your playstyle was not valid and launched a campaign to destroy it or tried to belittle you over it? your tone is belittling and condescending and totally inappropriate.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:07 AM   #63
suka

my you do know how to step on your own tail don't you. it bothers me that people often post in the forums who think they have all of the answers and the only way to play is their way.

what she is trying to tell you is that there are different playstyles from yours and they are valid. "so kind as to allow it"?:? who? people with a vision to see that by having different playstyles they are catering to a diverse culture and therefore to the longevity of the game? i think you don't have to look far to see that games that don't cater to a variety of people and what they are looking for in a game don't survive long.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #64
suka

and don't forget those expensive catalog quest that takes you forever to get enough status for if you don't raid.. I so agree with all you are saying

Old 11-07-2015, 12:19 AM   #65
suka

i so agree with you.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:21 AM   #66
suka

i so agree with this

Old 11-07-2015, 12:23 AM   #67
Deveryn

The game was designed a certain way and the devs historically have a dislike for anyone speeding through their content (as do all devs.) I can be a bit elitist, but this is not one of those instances. I even admitted to doing exactly the same thing as others, who are looking for the quick road to 150.

I never said that. I have pointed out my awareness of and participation in all playstyles.

This game continues to cater to all styles, but there are those playing whatever styles that expect the world to be handed to them for their chosen path and can't accept the fact that different styles will always be rewarded differently. The devs will seldom take away what's already in place, but they will make sure certain activities are only so rewarding.

It's not a quick and easy process for me either. In fact, I haven't even kept up with the apprentice questing as I should to be able to sustain a good flow of progress potions. The fact is there are those more devoted than me, who make me look like a slacker, but you either won't hear from them or they won't admit it because they're trying to pull a fast one on the devs.

If you respond to just one thing, I would like it to be this: What is it, exactly, that you would truly need from another 49 levels. How is life really going to be impacted without access to a higher number?
Old 11-07-2015, 12:26 AM   #68
suka

will any of these be repeatable?

Old 11-07-2015, 12:29 AM   #69
Deveryn

some of the repeatables will give status.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:40 AM   #70
suka

from what i understand, there is a buff for guild members that comes with those levels. and we don't know what amenities they may offer. i have a small guild, but they work hard and should have access to every reward for their work. i didn't get to100 alone. but we are mostly solo players and don't need to be a big guild to feel we are accomplishing something. to make them seem as though their accomplishment means nothing just because it is not the way some people think they should play is unfair - and simply not right. and to tell them that because we are a small guild they don't matter and have no right to be level 150 for any reason that we choose to be, is also unfair. so no matter how you put it, nothing justifies your condescending attitudes and the way you simply write off the little guilds. they have as much right here as anyone else and their money is just as green.

Old 11-07-2015, 12:45 AM   #71
Deveryn

No one is telling anyone they don't matter. This is a matter of a borderline exploit being addressed. I invite you to read my texts over again, because you're severely misinterpreting what it is I'm saying and it's downright insulting.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:06 AM   #72
suka

i think most should be said in a pm if you want.

edited because i don't think that should be here

as for lazy, i don't consider someone willing to put in hours of their time crafting writs or doing adventure writs lazy. i think they are more industrious than i have been lately.

also, a lot of times when we come to the forums to voice our opinions, we just want our voices heard. we want the devs and others to know we don't agree with an action. we don't want to be talked out of our opinions- they are our opinions and we have the right to them and to express them. we have as much right to make our opinions heard as you do. so if everyone would stop telling us we are wrong and let us get our voices heard without criticism, you might find we usually do the same for you.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:57 AM   #73
Dedith

Gninja has said, repeatedly now, nearly every quest not labeled as repeatable (and even some of those) will give status for guild xp, raid mobs, missions, weeklies, dialies, etc.. That is for both crafting and adventuring characters. There will be much more than a single daily or weekly quest.

If you don't feel they've opened enough methods for leveling the guild past 100, then don't go over guild level 100.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:56 AM   #74
Pauly

IF the devs think crafting writs are no longer a viable playstyle, maybe they just want those players to leave the game? Seems like a dumb move for a game that is losing so many subs already.

To claim that leveling guilds with writs is 'easymode' is laughable at best and obviously has never been tried by those making the claim.

Perhaps those EASY group dungeons shouldn't give xp to your tithe and green adorns.. only raiders should get it since its so exploity getting xp the easymode way.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:57 AM   #75
suka

don't explain to them- just tell the devs that you are not happy with the changes. just as arguing won't change our minds, it also won't change anyone else on the forums. we just need the devs to know that we are not happy with it and why. we don't need to argue our case or hear others tell us how wrong they think we are. we do need to make our case to the devs so we need to make sure we tell them why we are not happy.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #76
Errrorr

I fully support the removal of writs for levelling 100+.

At the very least, it gets people out of their guild halls and into the open world once in a while.

As long as there is a suitable alternative for all play styles (which it sounds like there is with crafting quests etc) then why not?
Old 11-08-2015, 12:57 PM   #77
Kuulei

The "Guild Buff Banner" is the only new amenity. This banner, when a guild member clicks on it, adds a new spell to your spell book "Guild Buff" which you cast and is maintained until cancelled. It seems to slightly improve every 10 levels and pretty much the attributes are geared towards the adventure classes.
Buffs at level 120 include:
  • 418.5 to your main stat (int, wiz, str, agi)
  • 5% increase to the amount of status contributed to the guild
  • 5% speed increase to mounts (ground and flying) and in-combat run-speed.
  • 4% increase to base critical chance.
Talking to others, level 130 adds a small increase to Hit-points. So far nothing new, aside from the new guild banner, for the actual guilds and halls has been noted.

From what I have seen, this expansion reiterates that in order to succeed in this game, your character needs to be both; A 100 crafter and 100 adventurer. Rewards are far greater if you are both! With greater access to status with adventuring, to rewards for new "shiny" plushy to feed those fertilizers, bones and water to, and lets not forget new collection pieces that are NO-TRADE and can only be seen by those that have completed BOTH the adventure and crafting timeline(s).

You are not being prevented from leveling to 150, it will just take more time is all. The definition of a "Guild" is an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal. If that common goal is to level, you will need to work harder if your membership is small. Many smaller raid guilds will level slower than larger casual guillds.

For the last few expansions, level increases were hands-down owned by the crafters, with being first to level guilds to the maximum level (usually within hours of the expansion launching). It's nice to know that it will be a joint effort from adventurers, raiding and crafting to actually level up the guild.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:34 PM   #78
suka

ouch- no trade collections- means nothing in the collection box and lower level toons won't be able to complete them.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:37 AM   #79
Mermut

The only collections that are no-trade are the ones that require a toon to finish BOTH the ToT tradeskill timeline and be lvl 100 adventure. They're intended as a special reward for those who do both. All the rest of the shinies are tradeable as normal.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #80
Trakanom

That method only works until level 110 now anyway. Status is given via a vendorable item instead of as a straight up reward.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:24 PM   #81
kloree

I would like to make a few statements:
1. My guild is a small Family guild meaning my boys who I get on weekends like to sit and play mainly craft and adv writs.
2. between me and my hubby we only have 1 lvl 100 adventurer Mine our tradeskillers are all maxed and it wasn't Easy or QUICK. yes we used rush writs to level our guild yes we go out and fight things following the quest not power leveling ( you should see our bank with potions galore we don't use them)
3. And one other thing would like a developer to answer so if a level 100+ guild has a low level member join their rush crafting writs wont count towards level kinda stupid.once you guild is maxed out that status doesn't do anything but allow you to place it on the door. A slider like xp one would be great so you could say hey put my status gain toward the door or level.
4. why cant toons level up either would love to see a cap raise sometime in the future.
No I havnt been on beta because I cant get it to download just don't want to be made to hey the only way to level up your guild now is to go out and do status quests.
Leader of a Level 75 guild

Old 11-13-2015, 05:23 PM   #82
Mermut

Writs (adventure and tradeskill) will continue to count toward guild leveling after the expac goes live.. but only up to guild level 101. Past that you need to do other things to get status for the guild.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:48 PM   #83
Cuelaen

How very disappointing. I realize most people don't want to grind writs "ad nauseum" , but for me, its a mindless, stress relieving way to unwind after i get home from work, and in doing so, i was also working toward the greater goal of leveling my guild. Granted, my guild is no where near 101 at the moment, but I cannot help but feel like you have taken away an (up until now, all of a sudden) valid playstyle-which in my opinion, set this game apart from most others. I've also read several posts saying something along the lines of, "good, it will get the crafters out of the guild halls". I fail to understand why-who am i bothering, and how am i taking away from someone else's enjoyment of the game by doing my own thing? and getting me out of the guild hall to do what, exactly?If to socialize, that's why we have the crafting channel-which on most of my characters, is the only channel i have active(have you seen general chat lately?) I currently have 12 level 100 crafters, across several servers-mainly leveled by doing writs-which in turn helped the guild i was in, to level. This kind of symbiotic facet has been at the core of guilds and this game, quite honestly, since as long as i can remember. When will it be realized, that removing playstyles, and choices like this, is bad for everyone? As a side note, the argument that doing crafting writs somehow cheapens the guild leveling experience, is just ludicrous, considering the fact that you can buy merc crates off the marketplace, effectively leveling your guild for real life money-as if hitting the "add funds" button is somehow far more heroic than hailing an npc, and clicking on a crafting station hundreds of times....

Old 11-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #84
Cloudrat

I actually just wanted to hit like for this post, because I totally agree with this well made point, but the like button doesn't seem to be an option.
So... LIKE

Old 11-14-2015, 01:46 AM   #85
Deveryn

No one said anything about taking away anyone's enjoyment, aside from folks like yourself.The devs have their intentions. They've been made pretty clear and they have nothing to do with eliminating playstyles.

How does this really compare? Mercs can only do so much to help a player. They certainly aren't anywhere near as helpful with adventure writs and other methods of status gain as crafting writs.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:50 AM   #86
Griffon Lady

Some of us LIKE to be hermits and only pop out to help friends/fellow decorators stuck on quests that lead to furniture rewards... (or even only enjoy showing/viewing houses, as far as the social aspects of the game go.)
>.> Remember the people that complained about duck mounts? (I love them, and I bought a set of them XD, but just to be devil's advocate here...) How would you have liked someone to put their foot down there? You wanted duck mounts, some of us wanted duck mounts, we got duck mounts, but there were a lot of people who wanted something else (Even idiots that wanted the artists and animators to debug the game... /facepalm).
How can you honestly be for making some one's desired playstyle be cut off? o.0 I'm really shocked here. Some people just prefer mentally zoning out and repeating one thing over and over till guild xping done, THEN doing out and having fun with the goal guild level taken care of. It's not possible (as far as I know) to bot crafting writs, so that is a handful of people showing dedication to their cause, just like someone I know that REALLLLLY wanted a duck mount. >.>
And as for people who think small/one person guilds will survive without the last levels... we don't know what goodies will be added for the new guild levels. I know the Depots are an amazing thing to have, even as a soloer with a one person guild.

And for the one who thinks keeping repeatables is having things handed to us... you really have noooooo idea what you are talking about. Must have missed what I said about the little amount of work per guildy in a large guild vs the enormous amount of work piled on each person in a small/one person guild. Must be selective reading. =P
Also... what was that about the game company being against players zipping to max level? Is that your playstyle?
Old 11-14-2015, 01:51 AM   #87
Griffon Lady

same here. XD
Old 11-14-2015, 02:03 AM   #88
Deveryn

We've been over what goodies are being added.

Much like yourself selectively reading around my own story of having a solo guild.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:11 AM   #89
Griffon Lady

There you have it folks. "Anyone's enjoyment, aside from folks like yourself" So, is it "anyone's" or someone? Sounds like your argument is based solely on "Someone else, but not me personally". I notice you refer to "folks like yourself" in a essentially segregated way. You don't have a horse in the race, do you? o.0 You aren't affected by this change, you are just here to try and force "us folks" to accept it? (And act offended? Don't make me go find the quote where you said you were offended...)

They certainly won't help people who craft and decorate and don't enjoy "killing" pixels as much as some people. >.> Adventuring for some of us is like the "making another left turrrrn" in racing. -.- Just more annoying since there's a lot more interference like PLer steamrolling the mobs we need, or a named we can't handle roaming the area, or some jackanapes trolling/KSing for fun. (And various other actions that have put me off from PUGing or even reading chat over the years).

Crafting writs are not something that can be trolled (aside from that one time I joined a guild, gave them all my harvested goods, and then they promptly set the depots to Trustee only... Last multi person guild I ever joined, if you don't count the one I helped my friend level, then left.)
The near perfect troll proof nature of crafting writs are why I love them!
Old 11-14-2015, 02:19 AM   #90
Griffon Lady

Ah, so you prefer doing repeatable crafting writs (which, I believe is the choice at stake here)? You didn't mention that. You're a self hatin crafting writ grinder? speaking of self in second person like "folks like yourself" can't be a sign of good mental health. >.>
Closed Thread