EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2015, 12:45 AM   #1
Domino

Developer

There are three main ways you'll get recipes in this expansion:
  1. quest recipes (should be removed from your recipe book at the end of the quest)
  2. purchased recipes from faction merchant Thalnor in Malumbra
  3. purchased or dropped recipes from agnostic dungeons or sold by Koros on the Isle of Mara
Please post any issues or feedback with the recipes below. Please be sure to include the name of the recipe, what your tradeskill class is, as well as what the issue is.
Thanks for helping to test tradeskills! Smile
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:06 AM   #2
Mermut

Infuser Schematics of the Deepforge Fonders
All of the Infusers say they have a 10% chance to increase the relevant stat, but the info released on infusing says that when using a crafted infuser there is a 100% success rate... either the information is wrong (or poorly worded) or the description on the crafted infusers needs to be changed.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:59 AM   #3
Taiyla

I visited the TS buffer chose Woodworkers and got the new books for the woodworker however I can't scribe them because it says I have to be a weaponsmith....... Hmmmm.
Taiyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:26 PM   #4
Vasciagio

I was checking out the recipes and found a few things I think need corrected.

1. the basic recipe for "runed mystic pouch" has a nice look, however, in the advanced recipe for "runed mystic loot sack" it previews as a denim graphic and the creation shows it creates a "Patched denim backpack"

2. The recipes for the "triangles of Maldura" have a couple areas of concern.

A. The "triangle tile of banded sandalwood": the bands on the slopes don't line up with the sides of the triangle on one side but do line up on the opposite side.
B. The "triangle tile of block": First I think the name needs fixed and second it produces a "Halasian Triangle Tile"

Other than that I think the only thing is that we are missing the Rosewood and Teak Triangles. Maybe a little love for the tinkers block sets by giving them triangles of their crafted building blocks.

Of course, I would mention the Ice Brick, Glacial and Gingerbread Triangles for the sets but that seems more appropriate for a frostfell addition.

Will continue to gather info on Beta and post,
Vasciagio Bladesong of formerly Known ButcherBlock Server - Now on Beta Too!
Old 10-22-2015, 03:46 AM   #5
Trakanom

TS buffer isn't giving jewelers their recipes to try out!
Trakanom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:32 PM   #6
Mermut

The buffers don't give out recipes. You can buy the regular ones from any recipe merchant and you need to do the TS timeline to earn the faction to get the new ones.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:24 AM   #7
Domino

Developer

The info released on infusing shows a mastercrafted infuser, the handcrafted ones are less effective.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:58 AM   #8
Mermut

Gotcha.. waaaaaay less effective 10% vs 100% Smile
Old 10-23-2015, 02:38 AM   #9
Niami DenMother

Carpenter -

Recipe for Embossed Maldura Table creates a table. Recipe for Embossed Maldura Chair creates something called Embossed Maldura Chair, which has the chair icon, but is exactly as tall as the table (but has a smaller surface size) . Either it should be a bit shorter, or it should be a small table

Recipe for Fancy Purple Coin Pouch creates item Fancy Purple Carry Pouch
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:08 AM   #10
Niami DenMother

Carpenter:

Penumbra Brazier
Penumbra Ornate Lamp
Penumbra Sacramental Fire
Penumbra Wall Sconce
Penumbra Wall Torch

All ask for petrified wood primary, but do not accept it as a valid ingredient.

Mastercrafted recipe Runed Mystic Loot Sack creates the handcrafted Patched Denim Backpack item (we have no Patched Denim Backpack recipe, and it is a nice-looking item!)
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:09 PM   #11
Trakanom

The TS buffer in Maldura gives recipe books for all the classes I've tried so far, minus jeweler.
Trakanom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:30 PM   #12
Ludra

Some missing armorer recipes from Deepforge Armoring Essentials.
  • Splitiron Brigantine Pauldrons
  • Splitiron Brigantine Leggings
  • Splitiron Chainmail Chestguard
  • Splitiron Chainmail Forearms
  • Splitiron Chainmail Gloves
  • Splitiron Chainmail Boots
Old 10-24-2015, 04:59 PM   #13
Trilly

Made Splitiron armor this morning but noticed that the "rare" Glittervein armor has lower stats? And yes, I did have to combine different Splitiron chain recipes in order to make a full set like Ludra mentioned.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #14
Akina_Storms

i've just do the alchemist way, are there new poison to be discovered?
Akina_Storms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:24 PM   #15
Lera

The recipes for 'More Ore of Yore' do not display a book name when they're auto-scribed, even though they have a book name listed when you mouse over the recipe. Would it be possible to add this to the chat? The first book, Ore Assay Recipes, does this:

You receive aITEM -1837840127 -285419642:Ore Assay Recipes/a.
Recipe: "Adamantine Ore Assay" put in recipe book
Recipe: "Ferrite Ore Assay" put in recipe book.
Recipe: "Titanium Ore Assay" put in recipe book.
Recipe: "Rhenium Ore Assay" put in recipe book.
Recipe: "Cadmium Ore Assay" put in recipe book.

The other books are missing the first line. While it might not be important to most players, those of us who use Census need that information - particularly if the quest recipe books aren't going to ever be discovered since they're auto-scribed.
Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:10 AM   #16
Alexic

Woodworker Recipe

both 4 and 6 second delay weapon modifies claim in recipe to make 5-10 Thaumic Scroll of Prowess
Old 10-25-2015, 06:42 AM   #17
cally

The new tinkering recipes are suppose to be scribeable at skill level 500 which I am but when I try to scribe it it says I lack the knowledge. I even tried boosting my tinkering level to 554 no luck.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:25 AM   #18
Ludra

Some more errors with armorer recipes from Deepforge Armoring Essentials.

• Splitiron Barbute produces Splitiron Platemail Barbute
  • Splitiron Cuirass produces Splitiron Platemail Cuirass
  • Splitiron Gauntlets produces Splitiron Platemail Gauntlets
  • Splitiron Greaves produces Splitiron Platemail Greaves
  • Splitiron Gussets produces Splitiron Platemail Gussets
  • Splitiron Sabatons produces Splitiron Platemail Sabatons
  • Splitiron Spaulders produces Splitiron Platemail Spaulders
Old 10-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #19
Alexic

The new tinkering recipes are suppose to be scribeable at skill level 500 which I am but when I try to scribe it it says I lack the knowledge. I even tried boosting my tinkering level to 554 no luck.

Not sure why that would be as have been able to craft the scuba and overclocked items on my tinkers.... just sayin Smile
Old 10-26-2015, 12:04 AM   #20
Domino

Developer

These all exist, and just double-checked on beta and I see them there for sure, although you have some of the names slightly wrong. Just search your recipe book for "brigantine" or "chainmail" and you'll see there are items for all expected slots.

Aha, I'd renamed the items so they alphabetized more helpfully together, but missed the recipes. Now fixed (glittervein versions also). Should get to beta in the next day or two.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:07 AM   #21
Domino

Developer

Also confused by this one as I just tested on Beta and with a brand new beta buffed character, tinkering skill 500, I scribe it no problems. Can you give me the name of a character on beta that DOES have tinkering skill 500 and can NOT scribe it?
Old 10-26-2015, 12:16 AM   #22
Foretold

Am I nuts (well... nm that) but are the recipes reversed in the tailoring essentials and advanced tailoring books?

The advanced tailoring book has the recipes that require the rares, correct? So they should be the better gear. But look at these examples:

Fierce Deepstone Cap, made with rare roots, has 393 int and 976 stamina (from advanced tailoring book).
Fierce Thalumbral Cap, made with regular roots, has 427 int and 1426 stamina (from tailoring essentials book).

Again maybe I'm nuts (..er than usual)
Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:19 AM   #23
Foretold

[IMG]
Old 10-26-2015, 12:40 AM   #24
Domino

Developer

The mastercrafted equipment can be upgraded considerably via refining and experimentation. So while at its most basic level it looks unimpressive, when fully maxed out it'll be comparable to items that drop in heroic instances. You can't do any of that to the handcrafted equipment however, so what you see is what you get and it doesn't improve. Itemization questions should really be directed to Caith in a different forum though, as he's laid out the whole itemization plan and where the crafted armor lies within it.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:56 AM   #25
Ludra

Figured out what it is. The missing pieces show for a Engraved Desk instead of a Forge. Still a bug but atleast one that I can work around.

Thankyou Domino.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:41 AM   #26
Kuulei

You're not looking at that right Domino.
The "handcrafted" made with all common materials, is far superior than the one made with the rare harvests. Refining adds 10% and that does not make up for the under par stats to begin with or the experimentation.

Are you missing the fact that the one on the LEFT = Common materials, and the right = rares?
Its like the recipes are in the wrong books.
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:04 AM   #27
Amaitae

Book: Deepforce Advanced Tailoring
Recipe: Fierce Umbral Leather Gloves

Icon shows a helm.

[IMG]
Old 10-26-2015, 09:08 AM   #28
Amaitae

The attribute values of mastercrafted items from advanced tailoring book are worse than the ones from essential book:

[IMG]
Old 10-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #29
Domino

Developer

These are not recipe bugs, I'll respond again in the items thread.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:42 PM   #30
Foretold

So what you're saying is that the common gear from the essentials book cannot be improved by refining, experimenting, or infusing of any kind. It is what it is.

The better gear from the advanced book starts out much worse, but through refining, experimenting, and infusions, can be made to be somewhat better than the common gear?

So I can harvest 20 rares to hopefully get 5 refined, make the item. Then pray like a mutha to all the gods of Norrath that I can experiment on that piece 5 times without destroying it to get visionary. Then pay @100K plat to infuse it plat-wise, craft who knows how many craftable infusers it takes to max out that infusion method... then... and only then, might I have a better piece than the common gear?

I think I'll just run heroics Wink

Better yet, I'll craft a set of the common gear, then go run heroics!