EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #91
Dmack

Good to know this. As expected full raid gear would just nullify it LOL.
Dmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:19 PM   #92
Bila

The Hidden Caldera...(Solo and Adv. solo)

At lvl 95 raid geared Conjy..(mostly energized)

* Did the Solo zone several days ago, didn't have any problems...killed everything on first pull.

at lvl 100, same gear...

* Did Advanced Solo zone, no problem until last named. Never got past him, I tried in the Lava, out of the Lava...halfway in the Lava...
Tried Mage Pet, Tank Pet, Pally Merc and Inquisitor Merc...mostly each time I got him to 40% then was one shot'ed. Died roughly 12 times until I gave up.

I am at a lost why this was so different then Solo zone, I understand that it is and should be a bit harder but this seems a little bit much.

I completed the Tradeskill and Signature quest lines and was attempting to do some Heroic instances...but first attempt shut the door...:-(

I fairly certain it must be a strat due to I am dying at most the same time almost every fight.

hopefully its a bug.../grin

Bila
Bila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:24 AM   #93
Yajirushi62

Pterotrainer in the AS needs to do less damage with his autos, getting hit for 85-90k per round is a pain on an assassin.
Yajirushi62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:38 AM   #94
Kalika

Agreed .... I beta buffed my mystic to 100 because i wanted to see the new regenerating ward NOW (I want-it now- lol KID ) ....
also she miss 20 aas .. she use potent 0/3 and it's really too easy ... even Daeron does 400 K instead of 200 (as 95).

Fury, inqui, necro and warden did it as 95.

The only problem with that zone is that if you have stun immunities or bloquer it's easy, without you may have troubles.

At 100 Daeron can solo anything but may be the paladin/sk in the castle.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:38 AM   #95
Ranga

Please don't presume to tell people how to test. Why do I need to let you know anything? Are you a dev? I thought that's what these feedback threads are for. The sort of post you made is not helpful, it just puts other people off bothering to test.

You run it in your gear and report. I'll run it in my gear and report. Devs will then have a balance of views as long as people post what level and gear they were in. The reality is that no one in their right mind is going to buy the expac and then swap all their gear for crafted stuff and wear it unadorned. People will use the stuff they already have and that will be what should be tested for - a range of current gear as well as stuff that can be crafted at the new levels.

If there is a point to defiling the effigy, then there should perhaps be a red message to make things a little more obvious what has happened.
Ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #96
Asmaral

The Hidden Caldera [Solo]

After clicking to defile a statue, 30 seconds later I am kicked back to char select screen.

Apart from that as a 95 Solo ToV geared necro, no problems with trash mobs or the first named (the one with a pet).
Asmaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #97
Asmaral

Asmaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:14 PM   #98
Velros

im having the same issue as posted above
Velros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:54 PM   #99
OnlyMe

Same issue too, just did it twice more and happened every time. Click the statue to defile it, run down the ramp and zonecrash.

Log back in, I end up in the same position just the mobs are all back - I can kill them all to get to the statue again, then zonecrash and back to char select.
OnlyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:50 PM   #100
Tabri

I just tried to do this zone about an hour ago and this same thing happened to me I had to go so I havent tried to re-enter the zone and try it again yet.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:14 PM   #101
Grundge

Cannot get past the area after the 1st boss! Frown

Everytime I deactivate the totem or whatever on the top of the stairs to remove the fire over the bridge to the next area...the zone crashes on me. When I log back I am in the zone and everything is reset in that that area.

I swear this expac is too damn frustrating. Every turn I hit a wall. First I couldnt continue because of the closed doors in the shipyard zone and now this. I really hate this expac and cannot wait to finish this stupid sig quest for the mount!
Grundge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #102
Buffrat

Yeah. In the heroic zone clicking the statue to dispel the fire wall is crashing the zone and respawning the last named.
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:45 PM   #103
Fyreflyte

Developer

So apparently when you accidentally tell the zone to destroy itself (instead of the statue object), Bad Things™ happen. Will be fixed in the next patch.
Fyreflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:14 PM   #104
Chikkin

will that be still today, tomorrow? Monday? Happy halloween btw /boo Wink
Chikkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:26 PM   #105
Tabri

Well I hope they fix it before the weekend because there is nothing to really test besides heroics and raids maybe other than the signature series(I already did the tradeskill line) so I wont be testing any further all weekend if not.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:49 PM   #106
Naneel

Pointer FAIL f-t-l. Smile
Naneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:53 PM   #107
Nezette

Go big, or go home, right? (Kind of like your bunnyfriend...)
Nezette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:10 AM   #108
Yajirushi62

The first named in both Advanced Solos seem to be tuned a little bit high, I was getting hit for 80-90k by the Pterodon trainer in Molten Caldera and 130k in the Deino one on an assassin.
Yajirushi62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #109
Naramsin

Anyone know if Hidden Caldera solo is fixed yet?
Naramsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #110
Sisca

Zavith'loa: The Lost Caverns [Advanced Solo]

Am I missing something with the first fight - Gra'Ta the Mountain - or is it just bugged. I've tried it several times and I always end up dead to his "Blunt Retaliation". Every time it hits me for 670 - 690k damage per hit. Since I've only got about 650k as an Inquisitor that's a 1 shot kill.

I've tried it with several different mercs and on average they get hit for around 260k. Not insignificant but not a 1 shot kill either.

I've tried interrupting him but I've yet to manage to pull it off.

One thing I did notice was that when I zone in I get a zone buff that's supposedly setting my stats to what's expected. I didn't write everything down but it looks like my resists went down a slight bit and I know my Avoid dropped by about 500.

Any hints would be appreciated.
Sisca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #111
Tabri

Thank you for fixing this zone I was able to complete it. I do not know what the scripts on the bosses were supposed to be since they pretty much died instantly(solo version). I havent had time to test the advanced version yet.

I would like to have that pterodactyl I flew on when I exited though please as a mount I put that request in the mount thread by the way actually way before this expac came out Smile
Old 11-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #112
Kalika

Yeap they need to add little thing to enforce the script even for high dps classes.

As example :

Behemoth : at 50% he gets immune for 20 seconds

Other bosses may use some "ancient rempart" (reflect) here and there ... with a rather long casting time,
short immunities at 50% and 25% would also be nice.tun etc .

Enforcing kiting (root, stun etc ...) is not really possible because some dps classes don't have much CC, and morever many dps players don't know to do anything else than dealing damage.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:19 AM   #113
Matia

So what am I missing on the lavacrafter mobs. Trying to get across the bridge to the statue, and the lavacrafter and augur that patrol it are whooping my tail.

Well, actually, they aren't, it's the never ending supply of magma things that are. A couple of adds are one thing, but I had .. maybe 10?.. of them trailing me around at one point. Can't kill them fast enough to survive and take out the main mobs.
Matia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:10 AM   #114
Cisteros

Dear God in Heaven no. Just no. Nothing is less fun than enforced periods of being unable to do anything waiting on a script.
Cisteros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:58 PM   #115
Nebbeny

Zavith'loa: The Lost Caverns [Heroic] - Mo'iana the Ravenous (final boss, big T-rex)
Fight seems okay from 100% to 25%, everyone gets cursed, tank gets cured, someone else in group gets a noxious incurable, they deal damage to the group, 30 seconds later an add spawns on them, target locks tank and kill it, this step is sometimes skipped I assume because noxious went on a pet?

Then named gets to 25%, gets a buff that increases the damage dealt, and decreases the damage taken by 60%, 15 seconds later it heals up to 60%, and keeps doing that heal regularly. We get red text telling the group that "Mo'iana sees you bunched together with your group and decides you'd make an easy snack!" which we have tried having everyone spread out for, including with having all pets unsummoned so they couldn't trigger it if that were the problem (it's not) and we're having people on oposite sides of the area both getting hit by the effect (probably about 30m away from each other). So we can't burn through before it heals up (we did more dps, and it just seemed to trigger the heal quicker) and we can't avoid getting bite sized morsals going off, this appears to be completely broken.

If anyone else has managed to kill this as of today, can you say what your experience was like? We managed to burn at about 16 million dps (with the 60% DR up, so without the buff that's 40 million dps for 10 seconds) but he just healed the moment he dropped to 10% by the looks of things.

So yeah, appears broken.
Nebbeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #116
Meshuggahx

Anyone cleared that zone since yesterday? because we do need out achivements and i really don't want to waste time on a broken mob. If someone did killed it, please tell us what you did differently than us.
Meshuggahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:08 AM   #117
Trakanom

Same problem today. The script seems to be working for the parasite but the proximity check is definitely wonky. During one (long) wipe, I had run in an attempt to leash the mob. While I was 100m+ away from the closest member of my group (pets included) I continued to get hit with the close proximity chomp. I think it's broken.
Trakanom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:18 AM   #118
Reoku

I have tried doing the Hidden Caldera solo version of this instance quite a few times now. I am running in to multiple problems. the instance should be able to be soloed as it is the solo version however even with the lvl buffer and upgraded gear I can't complete it. The first boss kept spamming stuns that I was lucky to get 1 skill cast in between them. The Augers seem to constantly heal even once their grouped members are dead ( which their grouped members randomly keep coming back even after being killed), and their healing faster than I can dmg them with a merc so I cant get by them. Which has caused me to get stuck at the part of defiling the statue. Any word or advice on them not being able to heal themselves or to make this zone actually solo able would be nice because it is keeping me from being able to progress in the questlineFrown .
Reoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #119
Matia

Been trying to get past the same spot myself Reoku. If you find a way, put it on here.
Matia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #120
Mystriel

Lost Cavern's Mo'Iana the Ravenous definitely seems to be bugged. We can burn it to 18% but at that point the proximity check kicks in and his damage reduction buff makes him impossible to kill at this point. Seems to be working fine up until the Red Text.
Mystriel is offline   Reply With Quote