EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > General Tech Support Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
Multirat
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Holy Grail

Loremaster

Whenever i try to log in and start up the game i get:Trying login server#2...Trying login server#1...Trying login server#2...

Cound not connect to a login server. The servers may be busy; please try again in a few minutes.

This have been going on for two days at all times. Am i missing something? All my guildies can log in.

Multirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
BKS Yoda

Loremaster

Something similiar has been happening to me aswell over the last two days, I will log in fine to the character select screen then it will simple give me a not responding message, and yet no one else I know is having the same issue.

BKS Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
Multirat

Loremaster

I dont even get to the character select screen, all i get when starting the game is written in post 1 :/Also, BUMP - been 4 days now, i dont like paying for something i cant play.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
Risca

Loremaster

I am having the same problem on two different computers here i have tried bypassing the router going straight into the wall and it still does the same thing. I was able to log in fine 2 weeks ago but now all i get is

Trying log in server #1

Trying log in server #2

trying log in server #3

And so on. its real frustraiting i just bought 2 game cards so we could play again and we cant do anything.

Risca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Multirat

Loremaster

Reinstalling the game didnt help. : (

+ got to wait until monday for livechat support and they appearently dont read these forums.. :/

Old 02-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
Meunayil

Loremaster

BKS Yoda wrote:

Something similiar has been happening to me aswell over the last two days, I will log in fine to the character select screen then it will simple give me a not responding message, and yet no one else I know is having the same issue.

I am having the same issues ... 3 different accounts on same computer.

Meunayil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Ulrich

Lord

same thing happening on my laptop... did customer support say anything?

Ulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #8
tullebukk

Loremaster

Yap, customer support says it our fault and we need to change settings, router, buy new computers and then maybe.. Maybe they will fix the fault thats clearly on their side.. /sigh

Old 02-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #9
Risca

Loremaster

Huge company with a dozen online games and no one works the weeked to make sure things run smooth this is terrible almost as bas the copy and paste responses i get from CS telling me to do the things i just told them i already did.....

Risca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #10
Multirat

Loremaster

Tried changing DNS adresses, didnt help either.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
Wingrider01

Loremaster

If you are using a software firewall like Microsoft's, trend micros' symantec, mccaffe or any other one go into the firewall and remove all entries for the launcher and the game itself and authorize them again. The software firewalls sometimes have issues authorizing the updated checksums when the application changes or the request to update is blocked from displaying on the screen and times out

SOE CS is right, if there are no major issues being reported with connection - like 5000 new threads saying I can't connect, 98 percent of the time the connection problem is on the end user side.

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #12
Multirat

Loremaster

Tried disabling firewall, didnt help.

And i've been playing since just before DoF without any problems, been playing with this router + internet provider for 3 months without any problems, suddently (wednesday morning) nothing worked (worked fine when turning of computer tuesday evening) - I do not see how this is a fault on my side.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
schh

Loremaster

Same thing here, started sometime today for the first time

schh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
schh

Loremaster

Well, got it to work when using my android for internet. So it seems to be connection specific. Why? Who knows. Havnt played from the malfunctioning connection for several days

schh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:21 AM   #15
Adir

Loremaster

Also unable to play the game.  Launcher prompts me for my password, gives me the big PLAY button, I click that and am promptly told my station id and/or password are incorrect.

No, they're not.

I use an authenticator.  No idea if that factors into the problem.

Adir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
Ciara52

Loremaster

Good Morning  it's 4:30am in California and I still am getting  invalid name or password.  I have the authenticator and can log in fine here. 

I need those Erollisi recipes  lol  SMILEY  

Ciara52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #17
serasi

Loremaster

Same thing is happening to me as well since yesterday. Funny thing is this. I have 2 accounts, One has an authenticator the other does not. The one with cannot log in and gets the error wrong name and password but only after it gets onto launchand gets big green play button then press it says retry and them bam. The other account just goes right on no problem and I am using the same launchpad. Same computer, same router, same everything. So whats up that!

serasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #18
Conandar

Loremaster

You are not alone.  I have 4 accounts - 2 FTP without the authenticator enabled, 2 paid with authenticator enabled.  The two accounts that do not have the authenticator login and let me play just fine.  For the two that do have it, I have to start the launchpad (to to make sure I have all the patches), then run EVERQUEST2.EXE and login again to play the game.  Its annoying, but at least I can play those accounts again.  It is definitely a launchpad / authenticator issue - something is borked up when it trys to start the game.

Conandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #19
Multirat

Loremaster

BUMP - 8 days.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #20
Wingrider01

Loremaster

schh wrote:

Well, got it to work when using my android for internet. So it seems to be connection specific. Why? Who knows. Havnt played from the malfunctioning connection for several days

if you got it to play using a android phone as a internet connection then it points to an issue with your normal internet connection. Try doing some tracerts to the server you play on to seen if there is a pathing problem from your system to the servers. Being able to play from one connection and not the other points the issue at the connection that you are using. It would slod be helpful to flesh out the layout of your standard connection - type, modem, router, etc along with a the output from a ipconfig /all when connected to the internet throguh your nromal route

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #21
TSR-JoshuaM

Customer Service

The access issues should be resolved at this time.  Please contact our support staff if you are continuing to have any issues with logging in.

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-JoshuaM is offline   Reply With Quote