EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #121
BlueEternal

Loremaster
BlueEternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 553
Default

Maybe you should learn how to read and realize we're talking about this CURRENT expansion. How did the exile faction have an advantage at the beginning of THIS expansion. Not this "loooooooooong" time you're talking about.

BlueEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #122
Izzypop

Loremaster
Izzypop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,064
Default

Exile will remain, but as the weakist of 3 factions.  They will still be hard to kill, but with a closer gear equality they won't be able to stand up to the vast numbers of city factions in a head to head fight.  With a lesser gear gap exile and city factions exiles are forced to be a bit more organized in PvP.   A well geared exile group can take a poorly greared city group, but attacking an equally geared city group is risky because reinforcements may arive.  Equal gear will just force exiles into forming X2 raids to stomp a zone until an X3 city raid forms up and the exiles bug out and go to another zone/instance.  Complete server dominance by exile is in the past, the future of exile as a faction is vicious gurilla warfare.  If the #1 thing you care about is keeping your kill count up exile is a good faction for that goal.

__________________
Izzypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #123
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H
Rank: LUSH (Supreme Drinker!)

General
Sprin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,364
Default

Heelo wrote:

are we talking about pvp or raiding?

If it's raiding we are still the only guild killing Ykesha every time the timer is up.

If it's pvp one of our "stacked" groups can still put down a x3-4 of zerg

Sadly the quality of skilled pvpers has gone down quite a bit.

lol please... your so full of yourself... your dilusional

any of the "stacked" groups aroun can put down a x3-4 of zerg junekrs.... your "stacked" group cant put down another stacked group...  thats why you fools never come out anymore, and when you do, its for about 10 minutes until you get rolled and go away with the tails between your legs... lol... you are mad that it isnt like it used to be in rok... you guys dont wanna get rolled repeatedly and lose your little reputations for being bad as ses.. so you dont come out anymore...  you dwell on the past before tso and the playing field for pvp was evened out.... now its flopping back the other way with the pvp gear available to factions and you are mad and dont come out to get rolled repeatedly, cuz that would show weakness... and god forbid you admit when you've been beaten....

give it up, it doesn't impress anymore to talk on here but never show up in game..... and you wont do that cuz you know im right.... you dont wanna lose face... you want it to be like it used to be, where you can own kp with one group... well news flash for ya walter... those days are over..... and soon the days of exile will be over completely...... now go back to eq2flames where you can post screenies and fraps of the 'good ol days' of rok and brag about how uber you are... everyone on here knows it aint so anymore.... so it doesnt impress anyone

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #124
BlueEternal

Loremaster
BlueEternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 553
Default

Ghettoblaster

Pvp Kills: 1022

Pvp Deaths: 251

Full pvp set

Just another example of some random player coming out of the woodwork after the update.

BlueEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #125
Heelo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Heelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 62
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Heelo wrote:

are we talking about pvp or raiding?

If it's raiding we are still the only guild killing Ykesha every time the timer is up.

If it's pvp one of our "stacked" groups can still put down a x3-4 of zerg

Sadly the quality of skilled pvpers has gone down quite a bit.

lol please... your so full of yourself... your dilusional

any of the "stacked" groups aroun can put down a x3-4 of zerg junekrs.... your "stacked" group cant put down another stacked group...  thats why you fools never come out anymore, and when you do, its for about 10 minutes until you get rolled and go away with the tails between your legs... lol... you are mad that it isnt like it used to be in rok... you guys dont wanna get rolled repeatedly and lose your little reputations for being bad as ses.. so you dont come out anymore...  you dwell on the past before tso and the playing field for pvp was evened out.... now its flopping back the other way with the pvp gear available to factions and you are mad and dont come out to get rolled repeatedly, cuz that would show weakness... and god forbid you admit when you've been beaten....

give it up, it doesn't impress anymore to talk on here but never show up in game..... and you wont do that cuz you know im right.... you dont wanna lose face... you want it to be like it used to be, where you can own kp with one group... well news flash for ya walter... those days are over..... and soon the days of exile will be over completely...... now go back to eq2flames where you can post screenies and fraps of the 'good ol days' of rok and brag about how uber you are... everyone on here knows it aint so anymore.... so it doesnt impress anyone

who are you in game...I've never seen you before....oh yeah my e [Removed for Content] is __________________________this big...you head it here first!

__________________
Onyx Accelerate Kill Faster

Heelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #126
Siniro
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Members

Lord
Siniro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3
Default

Jabib IRL. True Story.

Siniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #127
Kayso
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Slice of Life
Rank: Trinity

Loremaster
Kayso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 67
Default

What I dont understand about how this thread is going is that:

Just the other day we got bored waiting for zone timers and zoned a halfass x2 into kp and cleared kp1 - both factions zerging us with 6 man groups....   then rolled into kp 2 and 3 and did the exact same with 1 tank and 2 healers then back to kp1 and everyone ran again....  Bottom line a full set of "equal" pvp gear only gives you the gear not the skill....  anyone who has ever heard our vent in a pvp group pvp raid or just raid...  it almost sounds like a SWAT team clearing a building....   so in the end GEAR does not = Skill

Kayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #128
Siphar

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,322
Default

Why is it I only see Onyx members post their kill counts?? no wonder people think you are arrogant and self-absorbed..

Regarding exile pvp stats, it is a fact that you have more targets to kill considering you can attack and kill both sides.

Regarding the obvious advantage you have.. you guys through your own merit (of poaching the best US players willing to go to you and raid 5-7 days/week) have plenty of avatar gear which until recently was hugely more powerful even than a lot of the end game dungeon content.

So even novice players in a 6-man group with avatar gear could stand up to a x2 with ease... but as it turns out, most of you "can" play, and combine your ability to play - even if moderate with your gear advantage surely makes PvP trivial

/Golf clap.... and get over yourselves pls

Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #129
Natthan
Server: Venekor
Guild: Exalted
Rank: Officer

Loremaster
Natthan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 233
Default

Siphar wrote:

Why is it I only see Onyx members post their kill counts?? no wonder people think you are arrogant and self-absorbed..

Regarding exile pvp stats, it is a fact that you have more targets to kill considering you can attack and kill both sides.

Regarding the obvious advantage you have.. you guys through your own merit (of poaching the best US players willing to go to you and raid 5-7 days/week) have plenty of avatar gear which until recently was hugely more powerful even than a lot of the end game dungeon content.

So even novice players in a 6-man group with avatar gear could stand up to a x2 with ease... but as it turns out, most of you "can" play, and combine your ability to play - even if moderate with your gear advantage surely makes PvP trivial

/Golf clap.... and get over yourselves pls

They managed to get this expansions Avatar gear before the expansion came out to keep advantage going into the expansion. Why didn't cities kill it because they had more crit mit faster...Barely any avatars were killed in RoK Either, and the ones that were 90% of the gear is on people who quit or went back to the city...

__________________
Natthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #130
Heelo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Heelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 62
Default

Mudaeshema wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

 Thats pretty rediculous. Recent list is 20 deep they would need to kill almost an x4 to clear there recent.

And they rage when they die so much that they do...

... not to mention... have you been to kp lately.. I solo constantly and I get 20 kills in minutes...

... and going to haven where no faction can enter... it is easy to just call back.. kill that many, then go back out with cleared recents...

Do you really think we need to kill each other to up our kill count?

__________________
Onyx Accelerate Kill Faster

Heelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #131
Natthan
Server: Venekor
Guild: Exalted
Rank: Officer

Loremaster
Natthan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 233
Default

Yes, Almost Equal Gear can't take on lots anymore

<[Removed for Content]"application/x-[Removed for Content]" width="480" height="387" src="http://www.wegame.com/static/flash/player.swf?xmlrequest=http://www.wegame.com/player/video/Onyx_Vs_TG&embedPlayer=true" >

__________________
Natthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #132
Siphar

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,322
Default

I didn't say you kill eachother.

I said that being exile you have a lot more targets available to kill.. compared to the city...

Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:22 PM   #133
Siphar

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,322
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Siphar wrote:

Why is it I only see Onyx members post their kill counts?? no wonder people think you are arrogant and self-absorbed..

Regarding exile pvp stats, it is a fact that you have more targets to kill considering you can attack and kill both sides.

Regarding the obvious advantage you have.. you guys through your own merit (of poaching the best US players willing to go to you and raid 5-7 days/week) have plenty of avatar gear which until recently was hugely more powerful even than a lot of the end game dungeon content.

So even novice players in a 6-man group with avatar gear could stand up to a x2 with ease... but as it turns out, most of you "can" play, and combine your ability to play - even if moderate with your gear advantage surely makes PvP trivial

/Golf clap.... and get over yourselves pls

They managed to get this expansions Avatar gear before the expansion came out to keep advantage going into the expansion. Why didn't cities kill it because they had more crit mit faster...Barely any avatars were killed in RoK Either, and the ones that were 90% of the gear is on people who quit or went back to the city...

Cri mit is one thing, but the insane procs/wards from existing avatar gear is another.

Also, there are a string of city guilds that were and are able to kill avatars, but never had much opportunity due to blocking from the other faction and generally Onyx (who's majority seem to have the luxury of being online 24/7)

Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #134
Fin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Fortitude
Rank: Friends and Family

General
Fin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 319
Default

 OMG its been so long since Ive seen guild tags I forgot what they looked like.

Heelo, they really have no idea how many people there is to kill when everyone is kos. I know I could pick up 1000 kills a day if I didnt mind the lavastorm zerg. I think lilwhite said he got 2000 in one day out there lol. But wait, he musta killed guildies to pad it lulz. I used to get 400-600 kills a day when onyx and kraken would butt heads over a contested.

 Natthan = warren?

Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #135
Paikis

Loremaster
Paikis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,254
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Natthan = warren?

No, Natthan = Natthan. Think he is related to Notso, but I could be wrong mistaken.

__________________


Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Paikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #136
Natthan
Server: Venekor
Guild: Exalted
Rank: Officer

Loremaster
Natthan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 233
Default

Correct

__________________
Natthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #137
Heelo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Heelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 62
Default

[email protected] wrote:

 OMG its been so long since Ive seen guild tags I forgot what they looked like.

Heelo, they really have no idea how many people there is to kill when everyone is kos. I know I could pick up 1000 kills a day if I didnt mind the lavastorm zerg. I think lilwhite said he got 2000 in one day out there lol. But wait, he musta killed guildies to pad it lulz. I used to get 400-600 kills a day when onyx and kraken would butt heads over a contested.

 Natthan = warren?

During the the lava zerg a few of us had over 4k kill streaks...we were getting everyone writ updates!

__________________
Onyx Accelerate Kill Faster

Heelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #138
Cloakentuna

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 853
Default

There will always be exiles even if not as numerous as they are now.  You can't beat exile PvP, it is the most fun I've ever had in this game.  Being able to kill anybody is the best.  Somebody getting on your nerves?  Kill them.  Before when you could drop and kill people in raids was awesome until they made it so you can't PvP in instances  anymore.

I hate Heelo, but not really!

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #139
Sadussa

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 78
Default

[email protected] wrote:

So, its been alot of talk about how Exiles had the upper hand when TSO came out, but noone have been able to give us any examples on HOW we had the upper hand.

Crit mit which was needed for raids? The pvp gear was much easier to get and had more crit mit than the raid pieces for months. 

Raid experience? Doubt it, we have to learn the encounters the same way as everyone else.

I would appriciate it if any of the ppl that keep saying how we had the upper hand would care to explain how..

OMG I hope your not really that thick that you cant see where exiles had the advantage.....I will try and make it as simple as possible....First they had all classes avail to raid with...huge advantage and proven by the fact that exiles could not clear content as faction players....Second because having all classes made it easier to raid they were able to progress farther faster and get more gear then those still in faction.

Finaly b/c this is a gear dependent game exiles held the advantage over faction players.  Exiles would have you belive its all skill dedication blaaah blaaah blaah, but in truth its all about the gear if they try to say other wise have them fight you  1v1 in master crafted gear while you wear the current pvp gear and see how it goes.

I wont argue that there are good players and good people on the exile, but there are also good players and people on faction side also.  This game is 90% gear 5% skill and 5%  luck. 

To say your better then some one else b/c your exile or b/c your faction is childish at best.  The one thing that seperates people in this game is the gear not the skill. 

Some people will always play certain toons better then others and knowing your class will always help but that difference between skilled and lesser skilled players pales in comparison when you start talking about the difference that gear makes.

Sadussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #140
Sadussa

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 78
Default

mrsmall wrote:

[Removed for Content] !!!!!!!!!

67,000+ pvp kills.

Respect - no matter what anyone says!

I am sure Kaily is a wounderful person IRL but to hold respect for someone for thier kill count is a stretch.  Kaily wouldnt be seen hardly without brokensword.  We all know bsword is a brig he played a broken class that dominated b/c it took so long to fix.   Does he play that class in pvp now?  Rarely I see him. 

Then if caught out in the open in barren sky kaily would apear to have a sudden case of blindness and run her toon over the edge or if things were going poor she would pact cheeta away in the oposite direction leaving her group without a healer.  Also I recall being killed many times a grey by both of these indivdiuals

A kill count may seem impressive but hardly worth respecting IMHO.  There are more things to respect about players then thier kill count.

Sadussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #141
Sadussa

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 78
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Ghettoblaster

Pvp Kills: 1022

Pvp Deaths: 251

Full pvp set

Just another example of some random player coming out of the woodwork after the update.

   

Just another example of you not using ur brain...What if like me his origonal account was banned for asking that soe employees be required to disclose thier toons. What if he has multi accounts?...Again does his kill count make his observation of exiles any less valid?  A lot of what he says apears to have merit, if it struck a nerve then thats your short comings not his.

Sadussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #142
BlueEternal

Loremaster
BlueEternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 553
Default

So much hate Sadussa, nothing like being anonymous on the boards too!

BlueEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #143
Sadussa

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 78
Default

[email protected] wrote:

So much hate Sadussa, nothing like being anonymous on the boards too!

Not anonomous just have my account banned.  Again what does your anaminity have to do with validity? 

Hate? Yes I guess if you mean I hate players that think they are above others simply b/c of thier faction then yes.

Its our actions that define us as humans and determine what we are.  This holds true in the virtual realm also.  You may be the highest ranked person on the server or have the highest kill count but it still wont mean your the BEST.

Sadussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #144
BlueEternal

Loremaster
BlueEternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 553
Default

Sadussa wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

So, its been alot of talk about how Exiles had the upper hand when TSO came out, but noone have been able to give us any examples on HOW we had the upper hand.

Crit mit which was needed for raids? The pvp gear was much easier to get and had more crit mit than the raid pieces for months. 

Raid experience? Doubt it, we have to learn the encounters the same way as everyone else.

I would appriciate it if any of the ppl that keep saying how we had the upper hand would care to explain how..

OMG I hope your not really that thick that you cant see where exiles had the advantage.....I will try and make it as simple as possible....First they had all classes avail to raid with...huge advantage and proven by the fact that exiles could not clear content as faction players....Second because having all classes made it easier to raid they were able to progress farther faster and get more gear then those still in faction.

Fyi, all classes to both factions were released prior to TSO launch therefore that arguement is dead. Faction and Exile started out on the same foot. You could say some faction guilds still didn't have myths but look where they are now..not progressing STILL. Most faction guilds progressing now had mythicals before all classes were allowed on both factions.

Finaly b/c this is a gear dependent game exiles held the advantage over faction players.  Exiles would have you belive its all skill dedication blaaah blaaah blaah, but in truth its all about the gear if they try to say other wise have them fight you  1v1 in master crafted gear while you wear the current pvp gear and see how it goes.

TSO required farming the same zones over and over. The first few named in Palace/TMC could be killed with 1-2 pieces of TSO gear. Easily obtainable for anyone who knows how to raid. Don't even try to use that MC gear scenario. This expansion is so set on crit mit it would be a joke for ANYONE to fight someone in MC gear while wearing pvp/tso raid gear. It this was ROK maybe it would work.

I wont argue that there are good players and good people on the exile, but there are also good players and people on faction side also.  This game is 90% gear 5% skill and 5%  luck. 

To say your better then some one else b/c your exile or b/c your faction is childish at best.  The one thing that seperates people in this game is the gear not the skill. 

Some people will always play certain toons better then others and knowing your class will always help but that difference between skilled and lesser skilled players pales in comparison when you start talking about the difference that gear makes.

I've been around some pretty bad players and some pretty good players but to say that the only reason these people are better than most is because of gear is just rediculous. The good players know how to play this game (really that hard?) and the amazing players know how everything in this game works inside and out and thats most of the people I play with right now. Their knowledge of the game helps them succeed where most people fail. It's not just the gear.

BlueEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #145
Sadussa

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 78
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Sadussa wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

So, its been alot of talk about how Exiles had the upper hand when TSO came out, but noone have been able to give us any examples on HOW we had the upper hand.

Crit mit which was needed for raids? The pvp gear was much easier to get and had more crit mit than the raid pieces for months. 

Raid experience? Doubt it, we have to learn the encounters the same way as everyone else.

I would appriciate it if any of the ppl that keep saying how we had the upper hand would care to explain how..

OMG I hope your not really that thick that you cant see where exiles had the advantage.....I will try and make it as simple as possible....First they had all classes avail to raid with...huge advantage and proven by the fact that exiles could not clear content as faction players....Second because having all classes made it easier to raid they were able to progress farther faster and get more gear then those still in faction.

Fyi, all classes to both factions were released prior to TSO launch therefore that arguement is dead. Faction and Exile started out on the same foot. You could say some faction guilds still didn't have myths but look where they are now..not progressing STILL. Most faction guilds progressing now had mythicals before all classes were allowed on both factions.

To say all factions were equal at tso launch just shows your in a state of denial.  Progression and building a working raid force doesnt happen over night.  You have to go to the same zones over and over to get the drops you need to move forward.  Also you think when all classes were avail that every faction guild instantly got every class they needed?  Even when people betrayed toons to fill the gaps they still needed the gear.  In no way did we start out on the so called same foot at tso launch.  Just like it took exile time to progress so will it be the the same for faction.  Time is the constant...as time keeps going the gap narrows. 

If you seriously think that the only reason why you were able to progress and get better gear then faction players is because you had the tag exile at the end of your name then you should seek help from a health care proffesional

Finaly b/c this is a gear dependent game exiles held the advantage over faction players.  Exiles would have you belive its all skill dedication blaaah blaaah blaah, but in truth its all about the gear if they try to say other wise have them fight you  1v1 in master crafted gear while you wear the current pvp gear and see how it goes.

TSO required farming the same zones over and over. The first few named in Palace/TMC could be killed with 1-2 pieces of TSO gear. Easily obtainable for anyone who knows how to raid. Don't even try to use that MC gear scenario. This expansion is so set on crit mit it would be a joke for ANYONE to fight someone in MC gear while wearing pvp/tso raid gear. It this was ROK maybe it would work.

If gear doesnt matter then why are you driven to obtain it? Why do you bother to wear it even?  A so called skilled player should be able to kill you naked acording to your logic.

I wont argue that there are good players and good people on the exile, but there are also good players and people on faction side also.  This game is 90% gear 5% skill and 5%  luck. 

To say your better then some one else b/c your exile or b/c your faction is childish at best.  The one thing that seperates people in this game is the gear not the skill. 

Some people will always play certain toons better then others and knowing your class will always help but that difference between skilled and lesser skilled players pales in comparison when you start talking about the difference that gear makes.

I've been around some pretty bad players and some pretty good players but to say that the only reason these people are better than most is because of gear is just rediculous. The good players know how to play this game (really that hard?) and the amazing players know how everything in this game works inside and out and thats most of the people I play with right now. Their knowledge of the game helps them succeed where most people fail. It's not just the gear.

My 5 year old can smash buttons and win against players with no gear REGARDLESS of thier knowledge...so yes it is about the gear.  Having inside and out knowledge does help the player but that knowledge is completely useless if they dont have the gear.

Sadussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #146
tullebukk

Loremaster
tullebukk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 54
Default

Sadussa, whats up with the exile hate?

You keep saying to not think we are better because we are exiles, but exactly what is it youre doing with the factions?

First of all, my kill counts didnt start going up till EoF. I had 6k kills when I exiled almost 3 years ago, thats after KoS SMILEY

Second; You keep talking about KoS and what I did 3 years ago. Do you really have to go that far back to dig up something bad to say? Is your hatred for exiles really that strong that youll grasp on to anything to try make ppl look bad?

Point is like Ive said before.. Factions had all classes when TSO came out. Factions had access to pvp gear with more crit mit than any of the raid pieces (therefor should have had the upper hand in raids...). Just as an example; Jett and Predacane had a FULL set of pvp gear in less than a month of TSO release. Thats 100 crit mit for you (before it got nerfed). To compare it, I got the second BP pattern that dropped in the guild may the 5th, 2009.

Id love to see other comments on how we had the upper hand tho!

__________________
tullebukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #147
BlueEternal

Loremaster
BlueEternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 553
Default

Sadussa wrote:

Naroc[email protected] wrote:

Sadussa wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

So, its been alot of talk about how Exiles had the upper hand when TSO came out, but noone have been able to give us any examples on HOW we had the upper hand.

Crit mit which was needed for raids? The pvp gear was much easier to get and had more crit mit than the raid pieces for months. 

Raid experience? Doubt it, we have to learn the encounters the same way as everyone else.

I would appriciate it if any of the ppl that keep saying how we had the upper hand would care to explain how..

OMG I hope your not really that thick that you cant see where exiles had the advantage.....I will try and make it as simple as possible....First they had all classes avail to raid with...huge advantage and proven by the fact that exiles could not clear content as faction players....Second because having all classes made it easier to raid they were able to progress farther faster and get more gear then those still in faction.

Fyi, all classes to both factions were released prior to TSO launch therefore that arguement is dead. Faction and Exile started out on the same foot. You could say some faction guilds still didn't have myths but look where they are now..not progressing STILL. Most faction guilds progressing now had mythicals before all classes were allowed on both factions.

To say all factions were equal at tso launch just shows your in a state of denial.  Progression and building a working raid force doesnt happen over night.  You have to go to the same zones over and over to get the drops you need to move forward.  Also you think when all classes were avail that every faction guild instantly got every class they needed?  Even when people betrayed toons to fill the gaps they still needed the gear.  In no way did we start out on the so called same foot at tso launch.  Just like it took exile time to progress so will it be the the same for faction.  Time is the constant...as time keeps going the gap narrows. 

If you seriously think that the only reason why you were able to progress and get better gear then faction players is because you had the tag exile at the end of your name then you should seek help from a health care proffesional

Where did I even say this? Lol

Finaly b/c this is a gear dependent game exiles held the advantage over faction players.  Exiles would have you belive its all skill dedication blaaah blaaah blaah, but in truth its all about the gear if they try to say other wise have them fight you  1v1 in master crafted gear while you wear the current pvp gear and see how it goes.

TSO required farming the same zones over and over. The first few named in Palace/TMC could be killed with 1-2 pieces of TSO gear. Easily obtainable for anyone who knows how to raid. Don't even try to use that MC gear scenario. This expansion is so set on crit mit it would be a joke for ANYONE to fight someone in MC gear while wearing pvp/tso raid gear. It this was ROK maybe it would work.

If gear doesnt matter then why are you driven to obtain it? Why do you bother to wear it even?  A so called skilled player should be able to kill you naked acording to your logic.

Again, where did I claim gear wasn't needed?

I wont argue that there are good players and good people on the exile, but there are also good players and people on faction side also.  This game is 90% gear 5% skill and 5%  luck. 

To say your better then some one else b/c your exile or b/c your faction is childish at best.  The one thing that seperates people in this game is the gear not the skill. 

Some people will always play certain toons better then others and knowing your class will always help but that difference between skilled and lesser skilled players pales in comparison when you start talking about the difference that gear makes.

I've been around some pretty bad players and some pretty good players but to say that the only reason these people are better than most is because of gear is just rediculous. The good players know how to play this game (really that hard?) and the amazing players know how everything in this game works inside and out and thats most of the people I play with right now. Their knowledge of the game helps them succeed where most people fail. It's not just the gear.

My 5 year old can smash buttons and win against players with no gear REGARDLESS of thier knowledge...so yes it is about the gear.  Having inside and out knowledge does help the player but that knowledge is completely useless if they dont have the gear.

BlueEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #148
tullebukk

Loremaster
tullebukk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 54
Default

So what youre saying here is that exiles are better at getting a working raid force happen, and we are better at farming the same zones over and over?

Factions got both classes Sept 3rd 2008 (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=428599) which is 2.5 months before TSO lauch.  That should be more than enough time to get new players in and set with the guild no? Or you might wanna think about hire a new recruitment officer SMILEY

Seriously tho, You say that we are in a state of denial but what do you call your state then? Youve been proven wrong several times here and you keep going on and on with the same stuff.

No, exiles are not stupid for telling the truth, No, we dont need a health care professional, No, we arent that thick. It would be pretty neat if you were able to have a serious discussion without the 3rd grade insults.

__________________
tullebukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #149
Sadussa

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 78
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Sadussa, whats up with the exile hate?

You keep saying to not think we are better because we are exiles, but exactly what is it youre doing with the factions?

First of all, my kill counts didnt start going up till EoF. I had 6k kills when I exiled almost 3 years ago, thats after KoS

Second; You keep talking about KoS and what I did 3 years ago. Do you really have to go that far back to dig up something bad to say? Is your hatred for exiles really that strong that youll grasp on to anything to try make ppl look bad?

Point is like Ive said before.. Factions had all classes when TSO came out. Factions had access to pvp gear with more crit mit than any of the raid pieces (therefor should have had the upper hand in raids...). Just as an example; Jett and Predacane had a FULL set of pvp gear in less than a month of TSO release. Thats 100 crit mit for you (before it got nerfed). To compare it, I got the second BP pattern that dropped in the guild may the 5th, 2009.

Id love to see other comments on how we had the upper hand tho!

no hate just simple observations.  If you cant use your own smarts to see how, then for certain no one will be able to xplain it to u sorry. 

Its not just about one or two people and thier gear like you guys are trying to point out..its about the gear for the entire raid force. 

 Again if you cant see how having all classes prior to tso gave you the advantage in preperations for the exspansion...prior to launch faction guilds didnt have entire raid forces geared where they needed to be where as exile guilds were geared and ready to move forward.  While faction guilds were busy playing catch up and getting thier raid forces up to par the exiles were off and running advancing tru content and getting even better gear. 

If this obvious fact seems to elude your deductive abilities then nothing more I can say will remove you from your state of denial you seem to be in.  Now that the gap is very small I see the next exspansion being the closest that we have ever come to being truely equal footing.

Sadussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #150
Heelo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Heelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 62
Default

few of the facts you are over looking

last couple of months of RoK they upped the pattern drops to two per mob....two months is more than enough time to have a raid force geared out with that drop tate.

Tso pvp chest and and legs gave you 50 crit mit alone

when we killed Gynok the first time I had only 15 crit mit Elwin and Boon had maybe 35

hell we were clearing palace with two tanks and six healers in raid when other guild hadn't even killed Anashti yet.

yes gear is a big part of the picture but it takes skill and understanding how to crack encounters before the strats are posted and the nerf bats hit.

__________________
Onyx Accelerate Kill Faster

Heelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:20 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.