EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Tradeskills (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
Chikkin

Very much doable on low level adventurers with a little care and attention to your surroundings. Recommended to get a stack of each regular harvests and fuels from Oliver the tradeskill buffer, also buy Return to Refuge and Return to Highhold baubles for 6g each from Fare Seas Merchant in tent at first encampment past the archway.

AoM Crafting questline lvl 95 to start

1. A Missing Crewman - check mail, get quest - use bell to go to Tranquil Sea, talk to "a Far Seas Worker" on left from dock, search tower 909, 6, 1400; search encampment 1215, 17, 1267; search DIRTY site fly over mountain to 1082, 8, 1095; go back to dock talk to a Far Seas worker

2. D.I.R.T.Y. Explosives - Talk to a Far Seas worker, fly to dig site 1120, 31, 1122, talk to Gnorbert, click boulder crushing him, talk to Gnorbert again, get supplies from his backpack 1112, 29, 1112, recipe auto scribes, craft Excavator's High Efficiency Explosives on chemistry table with his supplies, click on the green shiny next to Gnorbert, click barrel with explosives that appears and move away, after it explodes talk to Gnorbert again.

3. D.I.R.T.Y. Work - talk to Gnorbert, harvest 3 dogwood shrubs (also house item) on bluffs nearby (trackable), click again on Gnorberts backpack to get cloth, recipe for Healing Salve Infused Bandages autoscribes, again using chemistry table make 1 bandage, talk to Gnorbert.

4. D.I.R.T.Y. Business - talk to Gnorbert, click 5 sparkly dirt mounds in area ( watch out for aggro mobs), confront Gnorbert

5. D.I.R.T.Y. News - talk to Gnorbert, talk to Skrit in encampment 1224, 17, 1263

6. Scampering to Investigate - talk to Scrit who was the contact for Far Seas, search around tower and/or dig site for 10 sparkly flapping pages (not trackable), go back to Skrit

7. Repairing the Records - talk to Skrit, recipe for Restoration of the Damaged Notes autoscribed, on engraved desk craft 5 restored notes, talk to Skrit

8. Taking Stock of Strangeness - using catalogue ability catalogue a twisted hominid, a twisted Far Sea crew member, a twisted piperacea plant an a twisted shrub. they can be all found around tower, return to skrit

9. Village of Dshinn - talk to Skrit, fly to village of Dshinn and talk to native Hyggin -705, 8, 290, return to Skrit who is now by dock in pygmy village at -623, 7, 259,

10. In a Pickle - talk to Skrit, talk to Hyggin, talk to Skrit again about pickles for Hyggin, she gives a recipe for Skrit's pickles ( autoscribes), cook 5 pickles on cooking pot next to skritt or summoned stove etc., talk to Hyggin

11. Shopping List - talk to Hyggin, he wants you to point out a few crafted things in his hut, click on bucket, stool, table, bowl on table and charm hanging from ceiling, talk to Hyggin again, accept recipe book he gives ( 5 autoscribed recipes), make 1 of each items, woodworking table near dock in village or summoned, make deinodon bone stool , table, pygmy bucket, charm and woven reed bowl ( all are house items), talk to Hyggin again. You get to keep recipes.

12. Northward Bound - talk to Skrit who is still close to dock in pygmy village, deliver pygmy furniture to Skrit's tent back at the first encampment ( click on crate to the left of engraved desk there), fly to largest isle in Phantom Sea (fly north off map, when you zone to Phantom Sea fly to 1362, 24, 1188, dock on kithicor island, find and talk to Skrit nearby 1211, 18, 1282 passed out on the ground.

13. Unfriendly Forest - talk to Skrit and find help for him, talk to a Far Seas mariner few steps behind you, go to Blessed Knoll 413, 34, 760 (low lvl adventurers might wanna keep to the south of the isle and go to Knoll from SE side to avoid getting knocked down from the sky) talk to a forest guardian, find 3 Tunarean Trumpetleaf plants around Blessed Knoll, trackable small yellow trumpet looking flowers (also house item, can harvest more), return with flowers to a Far Seas mariner at the SW dock, accept reward which is a auto scribed recipe for healing poultice.

14. Reviving the Ratonga - talk again to this a Far Seas mariner, craft Healing Poultice on a stove or cooking pot nearby, apply/clickk on Skrit

15. Highhold Ho - go to Highhold ( again swing south to avoid falling from flying mount, past the Blessed Knoll, talk to Arms Master Ryan at 687, 351, 64. Talk to Quartermaster Robbins little bit to the south

16. Armament Improvisation - Robbins asks to take inventory of supplies - click on 3 crates and a barrel nearby, you recive "supplies inventory list" from each (4 total) You get recipe for Improvised Armament auto scribed when you click on first crate/barrel, On engraved desk nearby create this recipe for improvised armament (quest update not an actual item), bring it to Robbins.

17. Spiteweed Snare - recipe for spiteweed brew auto scribes at this point, Robbins wants you to gather 5 young spiteweed on the islands, the blue area is huge, easiest and close is the little island off east shore -156, 45, 483, trackable, fast respawning, grass looking non house item. on a chemistry table by Robbins brew 5 Spiteweed Brew, speak to Robbins.

18. Better Barricades - Robbins wants you to talk with Arms MAster Ryan , he send you to check the crates near Robbins to see what supplies are left, click crate near Robbins, recipe for makeshift barricades autoscribes, craft it on engraved desk, it auto scribes, craft barricade on forge nearby, talk to Arms Master, talk to Robbins again

19. Return to Refuge - Robbins tells you to go back to Skrit on Isle of Refuge and come back later to her if you want to help ( she gives weekly crafting quest), talk to Skrit in Tranquil Sea.

20. A Call for Expertise - when you zone into Qeynos or Freeport after finishing previous quest you should get mail from trade Liaison Wells with this quest. go to NQ to Ironforge Exchange house and talk to him ( or to Coaition Tradesfolks house in WFP), search the books in library ( click on 5 sparkly books in mage guild in NFP or library in mage tower in SQ), speak to Wells again.

21. Scale of Research - talk to iksar Sethus in Teren's Grasp in Kylong 2241, 524, -976, he tells you to find Duality's sanctum in Sundered. Go to left door in Hole 1851, -371, 3449 and choose to go to The Duality's vigiland sanctum. Speak , gather 5 notes around his sanctum trackable open book looking harvests. Speak to Duality again

22. Borrowed Knowledge - you auto scribe Transcribe Reasearch Notes and he opens a portal for you to click. Enter portal and go up the steps to a room with bookshelves, as soon as you enter a room a vigilan Mistmoor Guardian spawns and begins patrolling the hallway, he enters a room you are in and you can kill him , or just move to the other end of room and wait for him to leave. If you kill one, another one will spawn anyway, they have rather low hps but are lvl 102. Gather 5 reasearch Notes around the room, they spawn 1 at a time and are trackable. Use the engraved desk in the room to make Transcribed research notes (no fuel needed). Go back to portal in the hallway and zone back out to Duality sanctum, talk to Duality.

23. Final Assessment - talk to Duality, you receive Brokenskull artifact and Duality's instructions, and an autoscribed recipe for Artifact Test Sample, craft one (need 1 tourmaline and 1 cadmium ore), click on 3 flasks on table next to Duality, talk to him again. return to trade liaison Wells in FP/Q

The End
Hope this helps those stuck at certain parts or serves as a check list for those just wanting to zip through for more carpet mounts
Chikkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
Loredena

Great write up Chikkin! I think the hardest area for lowbies is likely to be the tower. It's not as bad right now with a crowd -- but the spawn rate on twisted sentience is really high, and the twisted crew members have a large aggro / AOE area. Dig site has a bit of a problem with so many crewmen near the pages, but it is more readily done. I actually find the tower area harder than the gathering in Kith, by far, so far as safety is concerned.
Loredena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
Calthine

de ja vu Smile All I need over on ZAM is the evil bits. Nice job!
Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #4
Chikkin

agree Loredena, feedback worthy

no problem Calthine Wink I actually did half on goodie, then filled in some while finishing on evil Chikkin lol take what you need, still might need to be double checked by both sides. Zam write up only accessible by direct link for now?
Old 10-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #5
Chikkin

oh Calthine, one thing if I may suggest for zam, can you add/encourage folks to use summoned stations or bring portable stations. Lots of folks forget about that even in beta and it seems like a lot of flying back and forth to do these quests. Bringing fuels and harvests of course too, while harvests may be obtained in the field, fuels not so much
Old 10-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #6
Calthine

I can, but I'm not sure it's necessary. Every hub I hit there was am appropriate station pretty darn close. I make note of the closest in the guides.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #7
Calthine

Nope, it's right out there in the open, since Beta isn't under NDA. I just need the evil bits for the last four quests (the ones in FP/Qeynos). But I'll have those in an hour or so Smile
Old 10-24-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
Calthine

Chikken, how's this? I added stations to the shopping list.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
Niami DenMother

Thanks for much for doing this, Chikken!

It should be noted that, at last check, it is sometimes asking for 5 and sometimes only needs 1 update for A Call for Expertise. We're still trying to figure out *why* there is variation, but it is definitely there.
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:34 PM   #10
Aeriel

Thanks Chikkin!

Borrowed Knowledge - the Mistmoor Guardians are a couple of levels above your adventure level. I was running my level 84 paladin through the quest series (first one to do it, I like a challenge). I'd taken her armour off since the mender bill was piling up - had to put it back on again really quickly Wink

Interesting about the anomaly with Call for Expertise - I could only find one sparkly book in the Mage tower but will look out for this one.

Aeriel
Aeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:22 AM   #11
Xianthia

The only table that you'd need and that's because I was lazy and didn't want to fly over the hill to the Sapswill station is the chemistry one. Any station that is needed for the quest line is provided int hat same area. Which is very thoughtful of them. On that note thank you devs for that Smile Not saying not to bring it, just pointing out that there wasn't an actual OMG I have to return to xyz to craft or grab stations.

On a related note, before an expansion I do set up a little care package for each crafter. Stations, fuel, full set of the tier mats (which doesn't matter on this one), and anything else that the craters may need out in the field.

Nice write up!
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:58 AM   #12
Chikkin

Call of Expertise when I've done it on good toon in SQ updated after only clicking 1 book behind the ladder in library. On evil version I had to find 5 of them around the room, I thought, since it was after patch, that maybe they changed it. I'll run another goodie tomorrow and check if good side still has only 1 book to click. It probably should be uniform for both sides, either 1 book or 5 for everybody.
Love the shopping lists, and while I usually just grab a stack of everything and not fumble with 20 of this and 5 of that, it's great to know exactly what's needed, especially when one doens't have access to a fully stocked depots.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:35 AM   #13
Niami DenMother

I've had 2 like-aligned folks get 1 and 5 for updates, during the same build numbers, so there's something more going on - I just haven't figured out what yet.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #14
Xianthia

Me too. When I run an alt through expecting to click 1 time it needs 5. Expect 5 click 1 get update.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #15
Ynnek

For every quest, there is a nearby appropriate station. (Except for one quest, where it's not *too* far away, but not *right there*)

But, some of them are *really* easy to overlook, especially the cooking ones. Not only do you have to know what to look for, and they blend into the ground color pallet, but they don't seem to have a terribly far rendering distances.

Bringing your own isn't strictly speaking necessary. But, it could still save you a lot of time...
Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:55 AM   #16
Calthine

Call for Expertise: Freeport still asks for 5, Qeynos for 1. No biggie, really.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:26 AM   #17
Niami DenMother

That isn't always the case, either, Calthine ... I've been asked for 5 in Freeport, I've been asked for 1 ... ditto for Qeynos. Still trying to find a method to the madness. Smile
Old 10-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #18
Chikkin

little tweaks here and there in patch today, more research notes spawned, Gnorbert backpack moved, going to run it again and fill in.

for D.I.R.T.Y. Explosives the backpack is much closer to Gnorbert, slightly larger and has sparkle effect
Old 10-27-2014, 01:26 AM   #19
Chikkin

I ran 3 more toons through questline, 2 more goodies had to only click on 1 book in Qeynos library. And 1 evil had to again harvest 5 books in NFP library. Are we sure this is not good vs evil thing? it should be uniform anyway
Old 10-27-2014, 04:45 AM   #20
Calthine

This is my experience too.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #21
Aeriel

I am certain it is not a good vs evil thing. I have run two toons through, both Qeynos based and one had to find 1 and the other 5. The one that had to find 1 was a level 95 and the other which had to find 5 I inadvertently beta buffed to 100. (I didn't realise that if you spoke to Oliver your tradeskill was reset to 2 even if you said no thanks to the buff so there was no choice!)

I was planning on copying the buffed toon again and running her through the quest line again at level 95 to see if it was the level 100 which caused the difference. I wondered if it was tradeskill class (outfitter, scholar, craftsman) but OH has run 3 Qeynos based level 95s, one of each archetype, and they all had to find just 1. However I couldn't log into beta yesterday so I will try again later today.

Aeriel
Old 10-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #22
Calthine

Interesting. My Qeynosian is 95 (and had to find one) and my Evil is 100 (and had to find 5). Both are woodworkers.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #23
Lateana

I hit a weird issue today. My 95 carpenter bugged out on DIRTY Explosives. Her journal did not update and she did not get the recipe for the explosive even though she had tons of supplies in her bag. I deleted the quest and picked it up again. Then my 95 Carpenter was reduced to a level 3 Artisan. My other 05s have not run into this problem.
Lateana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #24
Endymion

Developer

What's the name of your carpenter?
Endymion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #25
Loredena

My experience with him doing that is it happens if you simply don't continue the convo (ie choose a response) after he asks if you want to test tradeskills. I'll doublecheck what happens if you say no explicitly.

/edit

ok -- if you say 'yes I'd like to help test tradeskills' he immediately resets you to level 2. You then have the choice of 'ack - no!' or I'm ready. I need another tester to check what happens with ack No! but, escaping out leaves you at level 2.
Loredena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:18 PM   #26
Endymion

Developer

Ah yeah, you're right. It happens when you select 'Yes, I'd like to help test tradeskills."
Old 10-27-2014, 10:02 PM   #27
Lateana

My carpenter's name is Austinia and I think y'all are right about what happened to her. I recopied her and tried again but she got caught in the Isle of No Harvests and is now sitting out for a bit.
Lateana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:25 AM   #28
Aeriel

Hi Lateana

I have just started this questline with my level 95 carpenter and have got through this part with no issues (can't progress any further now since I can't harvest dogwood and I can't get out of the overflow zone)

Have you by any chance spoken to Oliver? He will reset your level to 2 and it is easy to level up to 3 without noticing. (Yes I speak from experience.... Wink). If you are only level 3 there's a good chance that you can't get the recipe because of that

Aeriel
Old 10-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #29
Aeriel

My level 95 Qeynosian sage had to find 5 today - maybe it has been fixed with the patch?

The Mistmoor guardian is now yellow con ^^ but it is possible to hide so I finished the questline on her at adventure level 52 with one death. It was on the cataloguing quest (Taking Stock of Strangeness) when a hostile mob spawned just behind me. Finding the notes for Scampering to Investigate in the dig site took a long time as sometimes there were none up at all.

Aeriel
Old 10-28-2014, 08:33 AM   #30
Endymion

Developer

Ah, thanks for this. This does seem the likely cause of the issue; it's weird that opting not to set yourself to level 100 instead sets you to level 2.