EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Fighters
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
Silzin

I have seen what the Guard’s new Recklessness can do, so is there any way that we can get a similar stance for the rest of the tank classes, so you know we can be DPS when we are not needed to be tanks. This is probably not a problem in the very high end raid guilds, but in the guilds that do not have 30+ ppl on the raid roster… we field the people that we have for every fight, and on the fights that only need 1 or 2 tanks the extra tanks would be better if we could swap things around and contribute dps better.

I am not going to try and layout all of the problems and recommended changes per class since these ideas and problems have been laid out in many older threads. So is there any chance we can get Recklessness Stance re-designed on a Class-by-Class basis?
Silzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
Ogdinmar

There is a new reckless stance for guards? mine looks the same as it was after the changes made during the ToV xpac.
Ogdinmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
Silzin

I think its call Focused Offensive? It does more more for your DPS when you want to dps a raid named then Recklessness does for most other tanks when you get hit by an add's AoE auto ones and a while.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #4
Ansom

Is the guardian Singular focus "stance".
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #5
konofo

You've sort of conflated Focused Offensive and Recklessness in your mind, while in fact Guardians still have to deal with the same shortcomings of Recklessness that the rest of us do. Focused Offensive is a separate buff on top of that, which, as mentioned, is more analogous to Singular Focus.

If you're going to use another class as the basis for a 'me-too' argument, please make sure you have your #duckmounts in a row first. Tongue

kono
konofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #6
Silzin

I know the differences between Focused Offensive and Recklessness. Recklessness is not useable in most fights for a DPSing fighter. I am not calling for a, increase to Monk DPS… I just want to DPS Stance that is useful and functional, for all fighters. I think it would help the overall health of the game if fighters could reliable be taken as dps in groups and raid as the Recklessness Stance was designed to do, not just help ME.

Again, I do not want to DPS stance that each fighter getting to make then competitive to what Guards to do atm on live… I think that is unhealthy, not do I want Fighters to be able to compete with good T1s, but we should not have to worry about it dropping if an AoE Auto hits us and we are not tanking...
Old 10-13-2014, 09:38 PM   #7
Ansom

uhm, all most all dps stance for tank are crap. And a eventualy new dps stance need "fight" again reckless...

The main problem for a dps "tank", is the agro. We don't have a solid deagro, because tank are builld to make agro.. not deagro.

As monk.. i will love do more dps, but when i tanking stuff (i like punch mob directly in the face, not behind).
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #8
Ogdinmar

Well I would hate to break it to ya but I am a guard and my reckless stance disables when I get hit with a melee weapon just like every other fighter. In fact we were one of the classes that got that little bit of awesomeness before some of the others. So I am sorry you were mistaken by the text, which happens, but ours is just as crappy as every other tanks,
Old 10-13-2014, 10:37 PM   #9
Darkon

Guardians are currently capable of topping every parse in EQ2. They really can't complain about DPS. <3
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #10
Ogdinmar

Sorry I seem to have missed one of your posts but focus offensive came with ToV. However that's besides the point. it is not really a stance it is an alternate sing focus for use to, I would assume but am not totally sure, balance us against the zerker though it is nice it still limits us to being the one on one where the zerker is the multi. Really though if you have that many tanks in your force you may want to think about having some alt capabilities for those peeps.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:40 PM   #11
Ogdinmar

Oh im not complaining lol just pointing some things out Smile
Old 10-14-2014, 04:53 AM   #12
Convole

Focused offense and recklessness don't do much for the guard alone. Focused offense adds maybe 200k dps (converts aoe into flurry). Recklessness was always junk for the guard.

Now if certain criteria are met,

1) If the guard has specific AA spells
2) If the guard is NOT tanking
3) If the guard is in recklessness and FO
4) If the guard has dread lord gear or dps stat potent

Then and only then will the guard be able to do high dps. Its not just any single spell that lets the guard do dps, but a combination of specific requirements.
Convole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #13
Darkon

Also monks can do decent dps too, just not guardian level!
Old 10-15-2014, 12:58 AM   #14
Darkon

All of those situations being true is required for any tank to dps, to be clear.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:04 AM   #15
Buffrat

Or, you know, for any dps class to dps. (Sans #3)
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:28 AM   #16
Achirin

Bruisers have plenty of deagro options. =D
Achirin is offline   Reply With Quote