EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > General Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Zominus

Loremaster

Can you Devs SERIOUSLY put up a buffer im not wasting a week on a BETA server grinding almost 5 million xp. Make a new bauble or something to get people up to 95. Most of the people don't want to spend there time leveling from 92-95 on a Beta server. Beta is ment to test new things out and with this content yuo can get a TON more done if you make people lvl 95 and give them good raid gear so they can test out newer things a lot easier then being stuck ing a fight for 10-15min. I understand you guys are busy with editing items but im sure it wouldnt take to much longer to make it happen.

THANK YOU!!!

Zominus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Which won't help testing the tons of solo quests around nor the advanced solo dungeons.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Zominus

Loremaster

It actually will. The gear you get from the mail is terrible I did it with the Inquister merc and could barley get through the zone. You dont know what your talking about.....

Old 10-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
nathyrra

Loremaster

actually,she does.

nathyrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
Peysel
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Tranquility

Tester

You don't need to be 95 for any of the quest I've seen.  I thought the dungeons were aimed at 95 though?

Peysel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
Zominus

Loremaster

Its just flat out ridculous that you need to lvl from 92-95 Im not wasting hours and upon hours grinding 5-6million xp its just flat out stupid. I've tested the advanced solo dungeons on a dirge with the gear from the mail and a Inquister merc I could barely get through the zone and I died many times I'd like to see more activity from SOE during this Beta there were a lot of things broken last beta and they need to step it up a notch in a few places. Again I understand there busy with many things but a lot of people have wanted to come to Beta to TEST new raid zones and its a pain to test it with terrible gear that they give you and Im sure mosat of the people on Beta server arent willing to grind 92-95 when they'd want to do it on Live servers and then grind to get gear on Beta, It doesnt make sense for them to do that. AND YES it will help the quests it defeats the purpose of soloing cause its easier but still most of the people that copy there toons from live (like me) have full raid gear and its cake I'm in this beta for RAIDS and im not waiting almost 3-4 weeks for them to test raid zones.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
Homburg
Server: Guk
Guild: Take the Wipe

Loremaster

I agree.  I've done all the quests in both zones and I'm still 92.  I'd like the CoE bauble that a few have received so I can do the 95 zones and raids.  I don't intend to grind there in a beta.  I'll gladly save that for live...

Homburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
nathyrra

Loremaster

why dont the two of you go back to live and stop whining.

nathyrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

i think most of the whining is probably free players and power levelers that haven't yet learned to play their class, or maybe not any class. the buff to 92 and gear are plenty fine for entry level CoE, overland zones, and starting grouping. To expect to walk into a CoE raid zone and dominate everything in basic buff gear is just silly. I would however love to see a crafting buffer, such as the cactus, and the guild buffer. *bats lashes* ;SMILEY
ArtemisClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:23 AM   #10
Keuark23

Loremaster

Zominus wrote:

Its just flat out ridculous that you need to lvl from 92-95 Im not wasting hours and upon hours grinding 5-6million xp its just flat out stupid. I've tested the advanced solo dungeons on a dirge with the gear from the mail and a Inquister merc I could barely get through the zone and I died many times I'd like to see more activity from SOE during this Beta there were a lot of things broken last beta and they need to step it up a notch in a few places. Again I understand there busy with many things but a lot of people have wanted to come to Beta to TEST new raid zones and its a pain to test it with terrible gear that they give you and Im sure mosat of the people on Beta server arent willing to grind 92-95 when they'd want to do it on Live servers and then grind to get gear on Beta, It doesnt make sense for them to do that. AND YES it will help the quests it defeats the purpose of soloing cause its easier but still most of the people that copy there toons from live (like me) have full raid gear and its cake I'm in this beta for RAIDS and im not waiting almost 3-4 weeks for them to test raid zones.

No but seriously. If you aren't willing to grind through the content 92-95 then go back to live. No one said you had to play the live open beta nor did anyone say you had the right to complain when you were instantly level 95 showing off phat lootz you got in the mail. They have the raid zones covered for test, there are plenty of people, both pugs and high quality raid guilds testing those zones for them (and most of those pugs grinded through the 92-95 content in order ot help test bugs/quest issues) so if you don't want to grind those 3 pain excrutiating levels, feel free to play on live and get your raids there (although I do suggest working on your attitude a bit because most guilds won't put up with that type of stuff). 

Super Bolded: You say it will help with quests, yet immediatly move onto a new issue. 

Bolded: It doesn't defeat the purpose of soloing because the question isn't the difficulty of the quests (they don't change mobs from 92-95 level mobs, possibily ^'s, to 92-95 level mobs ^^^'s so the difficulty wouldn't be the issue.) Its that the quests are functional and are completable. 

Keuark23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
Mohee

Lord

Judging by the tiny amount of feedback on the raid zones, I really don't think they are getting tested THAT well. 

IMHO

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote