EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Assassin
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-15-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
Scigst

General

Will the Adornments that add damage to spells enhance our Poison damage considering it's treated as a spell?

The only reason i ask is cuz i know there are poison damage enhancements on few items and some Symbol adornments.

ADD: on the same note will our poison procs possable trigger items that go off of Hostle spell casting?

Scigst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #2
Kokus

General

A few simple tests showed for me that the +25 to spell damage adornment (scintillating occult stitching) was increasing proc'd poison damage.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
Narlix

Hero

now. the real question is will this increase dps enough to not use the aornments that would go in thos slots,

i know 10 dps or 1% crits on the neck wouldn;t be replaced

but the 14agi on the hands might be a good target, we don;t use symbols so can't put it there,

is there a wrist slot +dmg increase?

Narlix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Graton

Loremaster

you can get +14 strength on wrist items. the only slot with a + dps is neck. you also can't adorn multi slot items and equip them anywhere anymore which is too bad. the + spell dmg does make poisons hit harder and with the hand slot it might well be the best available option. the only other thing i'd even consider would be the range crit chance but +14 agi certainly isn't doing anything for us.
Najena
Graton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
Kaiser Sigma

Loremaster

Kokusho wrote:
A few simple tests showed for me that the +25 to spell damage adornment (scintillating occult stitching) was increasing proc'd poison damage.
I never thought of trying it, I'll test it during raids on the weekend. I did run a quick test to see if it'd affect procs and the perma proc on Maestro's Flame was unaffected though. =/
Kaiser Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #6
Gash
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Empire of the Shadow

Loremaster

Interesting. A guildie of mine did some research/testing and told me it would not increase my poison damage. This was about a month ago though, so its very possible it changed. Guess i'll have to get me an Occult Stitching and find out for myself!
Gash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
Kokus

General

I tested with a grey triple up with my nemesis gloves with the occult stitching adornment, and my gaunts of cunning which have no adornment.  When wearing the nemesis gloves, it was a consistent ~25 higher.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #8
Mabes

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
I tested with a grey triple up with my nemesis gloves with the occult stitching adornment, and my gaunts of cunning which have no adornment.  When wearing the nemesis gloves, it was a consistent ~25 higher.
Is it +25 damage to just the initial poison dmg, or to every tick?  Or is it normalized by having +25 divided by the number of ticks?  Just trying to get a sense of how much this really helps, as those fabled adornments are quite costly.

Tion - Templar \ Jeweler - Nektulos
Varos - Assassin - Nektulos
Mabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:44 PM   #9
Jayad

Loremaster

I've been using them for a while. It will spread out over the whole dmg amount if it's not instant. It's +25 total always. It's added after modifiers like your INT. It may also add to Mark, I'm not sure.
Jayad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:21 AM   #10
Graton

Loremaster

Jayad wrote:
I've been using them for a while. It will spread out over the whole dmg amount if it's not instant. It's +25 total always. It's added after modifiers like your INT. It may also add to Mark, I'm not sure.
with hemo the first tick is +25 , subsequent ticks are +5. if it reprocs the initial hit is +25 again. despite not being 25 per hit it's still the best adornment for the hand slot.
Najena
Graton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:21 AM   #11
Sooffia

Loremaster

we can use aITEM 1952703414 1152227156:Symbol of Blackscale/a (second/ranged for slots) for a symbol, crappy for a raider but might be nice if you're more (casual) grouper and dont utilise your bow much =P, also Magi's shielding (EoF signature, but second slot only).
Sooffia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #12
Wallzak

Loremaster

I would check the damage rating for in the ability window (examine ability).

I have a paly who had the +40 heal, and when I equipped/unequipped the item... the numbers change if you refresh the window.

The question I have is what does "up to..." mean?

What does that mean?  It always seems to be consistent, I was getting about +25 to my heals.  What makes it higher?  It doesn't appear to be random, so either there is something that makes it higher, or its decieving when up to +40 really means +25.

Wallzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:41 PM   #13
Recca[BK]

Loremaster

all the +heals and spell dmg are normalized on a 3 sec cast. so if you have a + 40 heal and a spell that has a 3 sec cast it does the full amount, if you have one the is a 1.5 sec cast you get 20.