EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #61
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

*sigh* ok. Let me re-phrase this. You dudes/dudettes that are actually doing the work. What can we do to help you resolve this crash issue? If nothing and you have a handle on it just say so. If you want something specific just say so. Those technically capable will gladly help. Those that aren't will chime in with their experience or ask how to do whatever you need. It's not that hard.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #62
Riftsburn

Tester

Hordolin Awanagin wrote:

*sigh* ok. Let me re-phrase this. You dudes/dudettes that are actually doing the work. What can we do to help you resolve this crash issue? If nothing and you have a handle on it just say so. If you want something specific just say so. Those technically capable will gladly help. Those that aren't will chime in with their experience or ask how to do whatever you need. It's not that hard.

Really, this is kind of it, exactly.  We *know* Ya'll have a lot going on, and we're more than willing to get together and help where we can, and in whatever fashion we can. We just need to know what you need, if anything. SMILEY

Riftsburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #63
Eshaac

Tester

Don't you just love being totally ignored!!  Even after you offer to help get this fixed if they'd only tell you or guide you in the correct direction...

Eshaac  <--- getting totally disappointed in the support of SOE lately.

Test;

Eshaac 84 Ranger, 92 Jeweler ; Eshaack 92 Beastlord, 37 Provisioner ; Faelander 20 Assassin, 20 Woodworker

Curley 32 SK, 32 Alchemist ; Squint 20 Mystic, 22 Sage

Eshaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #64
Mekeron

Loremaster

Ok everyone i've never used forums before but i've read every single post and no one mentioned trying this :-

on the patcher click the validate game assets link and then the green button after going through the test mine found 105 CRC mismatch errors, i'm hoping this works i'm on 29% of the files being fixed most are paks ***.vpk files.

will keep you posted on how things go

Old 06-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #65
Eshaac

Tester

Mekeron wrote:

Ok everyone i've never used forums before but i've read every single post and no one mentioned trying this :-

on the patcher click the validate game assets link and then the green button after going through the test mine found 105 CRC mismatch errors, i'm hoping this works i'm on 29% of the files being fixed most are paks ***.vpk files.

Yeah.. sorry, but have done that 3 times now.  First time found a ton of missmatches, but did not help at all...

Eshaac

Test;

Eshaac 84 Ranger, 92 Jeweler ; Eshaack 92 Beastlord, 37 Provisioner ; Faelander 20 Assassin, 20 Woodworker

Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #66
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

Mekeron wrote:

Yeah. I've completely deleted and reinstalled the full client too.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #67
Mekeron

Loremaster

ack not worked and when patcher restarted it checked the files and said they were all up to date SMILEY(

Old 06-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #68
Mekeron

Loremaster

i'm beginning to wonder if soe are reading these forums and if they are they're just ignoring this area as they rush  stuff to live servers anyway wether they work or not.... look at the group finder that no one uses cos it still don't work properly and the browser issue

unless the fix is gonna be after the scheduled server downtime whatever that is gonna be in gmt

Old 06-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #69
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

Mekeron wrote:

i'm beginning to wonder if soe are reading these forums and if they are they're just ignoring this area as they rush  stuff to live servers anyway wether they work or not.... look at the group finder that no one uses cos it still don't work properly and the browser issue

unless the fix is gonna be after the scheduled server downtime whatever that is gonna be in gmt

They read it. I think they're in panic mode and don't have the time to really do anything but fix the broken.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #70
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

they said that it should be up at 1PM PST, should be 10PM europe, 9PM UK

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #71
Lizabethan

Philosopher

I have to disagree. Check out In Testing feedback and look at the red name posts. Even more telling, look at the issues we've reported and see how many have been fixed or are being looked at (some aren't that simple to fix on-the-fly). They're going down for FOUR hours as we speak, which tells me that when we come up, we'll see lots of good improvements. Also, the fact that we're seeing devs on the servers and interacting with players - Cronyn was awesome about fixing Murrar yesterday while I just happened to be running by - is really a good sign to me.

Do they have to rush some things? I bet. But are they ignoring us? No. I'm betting the launchpad / logging into Test issue is just larger, harder to fix, and they don't want to red post in here "fixed in an hour!" because if it isn't, they'll get more rage.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #72
Eshaac

Tester

Well, not for anything, but I'm almost willing to bet they need the 4 hours to set up the "Kunark" zones on test copy, which says it is Not all of test copy just parts of it.  So all we really can do is "hope" that a fix is also in and that the down time is not just because of the pvp stuff...

Eshaac

Test;

Old 06-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #73
Riftsburn

Tester

Lizabethan wrote:

I have to disagree. Check out In Testing feedback and look at the red name posts. Even more telling, look at the issues we've reported and see how many have been fixed or are being looked at (some aren't that simple to fix on-the-fly). They're going down for FOUR hours as we speak, which tells me that when we come up, we'll see lots of good improvements. Also, the fact that we're seeing devs on the servers and interacting with players - Cronyn was awesome about fixing Murrar yesterday while I just happened to be running by - is really a good sign to me.

Do they have to rush some things? I bet. But are they ignoring us? No. I'm betting the launchpad / logging into Test issue is just larger, harder to fix, and they don't want to red post in here "fixed in an hour!" because if it isn't, they'll get more rage.

You're probably right, and I'm hoping that somewhere in the fixes going in today, this gets fixed.  I'm glad for the test servers for these very things-better this is happening on test where there's time for things to get looked into, than on live where we all tend to get very melodramatic about things.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #74
Mekeron

Loremaster

yeah i know you're right really can't be easy with all the people saying what needs to be fixed and being limited on time to get everything fixed. What forum are the devs talking on i can't find anything.... me and computers  don't really mix well

Old 06-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #75
Riftsburn

Tester

Has the maintenance on Test and Test copy been done as of this point? I see that the server pops for the both of them state "low" not "locked" or something. I am also still having this issue, but if the servers are still being worked on, that makes sense. SMILEY

~Amis, tryin' to be patient, willing to be helpful, if I were given some direction of what was needed. SMILEY

Old 06-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #76
Eshaac

Tester

Well, server status page shows pop is low, and if the servers are back up I'm still having the same issue.  Nothing has changed.  Also no updates received.

Eshaac

Test;

Old 06-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #77
Riftsburn

Tester

Non-recurring accounts, and silver accounts are able to play on Test and Test copy, right? I have gold, and have had for months, but non-recurring.  This shouldn't make a difference at all, should it?

I'm kind of grasping at straws here, because that's what we've got. SMILEY Maybe we'll accidently get this figured out while we wait.  *grin*

Old 06-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #78
Kuulei

Tester

I think the downtime was only to put in kunark zones, there was nothing to patch.  So I will have to wait even longer.  I am having no luck getting assistance with my petition, I sent the info they asked for and nothing 120626-000787

Old 06-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #79
Azigon
Server: Unrest
Guild: Ebonlore

Loremaster

I am having the same issue as others in this thread. Same error code and everything

What's even more weird is I can log on my character in frostfang sea, but I cannot log the one in that I copied over.

It's probably invalid character data that is causing it to crash, just a matter of what invalid character data it is.

Azigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #80
Lethlian

Lord

2pm pst atm on 06/28/2012 and still can't log into Test server. Same client crash junk as everyone else, can't even make it to character select.

Lethlian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #81
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Non-recurring accounts, and silver accounts are able to play on Test and Test copy, right? I have gold, and have had for months, but non-recurring.  This shouldn't make a difference at all, should it?

I'm kind of grasping at straws here, because that's what we've got. Maybe we'll accidently get this figured out while we wait.  *grin*

Not the case. My account can log in fine on one machine (at work) and the other (at home) gets the crash. Been pretty busy today so haven't really had time to play around with ideas but I'll be trying to figure it out again tonight.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #82
Mekeron

Loremaster

10.10 pm gmt and still can't get into the game not even to character select. can anyone link to where an y devs maybe talking about this or posting anything as as far as forums go i'm a derp

Old 06-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #83
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Sad but easy: nowhere :/

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #84
Eshaac

Tester

talking to live chat tech now.. will post whatever we find if anything..

Eshaac

Well, that was a total washout.  Could not help with prob as they have no idea.  Also told me that there is a seperate launchpad for test. lol oh really I've only been playing on test and live servers with same launchpad for what? a year, 2 years.. I foget now.. ( not the actual game, that I've been playing for more years than I want ta count) lol  back to the trouble shooting drawing board..

Test;

Old 06-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #85
Kuulei

Tester

I have seperate Launchers for Test and Live, just makes it easier for me.  I am still having this issue no matter which launcher I use, Test only or change the realm to 'Public Test' on the live launcher, both client crash just at the point where the music should start and the ESRB rating screen should show.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #86
Heelo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

I've had this problem for days now, still no word from anyone.  I seen something mentioned about a Radeon 5870 earlier in the thread.  That's the same card I'm running.  I wonder if it's a video issue?

Heelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #87
Kuulei

Tester

5770 here and I am beginning to think its an ATI issue

Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #88
tkia

Tester

Kuulei wrote:

5770 here and I am beginning to think its an ATI issue

Nope.

tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #89
Cuora

Tester

Nividia GeForce GTX 460 on desktop and Nividia GeForce GTX 660M on laptop and still cannot get in.  Still getting the EQ2 Client Error but on Test only, Live is fine for me.

Chiloh-92-Wizard- Test- "Collateral Damage"

Cuora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #90
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

Direct-X issue. I just got home, tried to log in, crashed. Said hrm... went to the testserver install directory and double-clicked everquest2.exe and it pops a message about a missing directx dll file.

Went to Microsoft and downloaded this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ails.aspx?id=35

Right clicked, run as administrator, installed it. Now I'm in game and everything is working.